Bay Area Reports v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Welcome to the SF-Bay Area NeoMikomi and I need to apologize for these boards don't measure up at all to those guys in Sacto. They're really good at helping each other out and although there are some really good guys who post here in the Bay Area- for the most part the only users here are opportunists, lurkers and scalpers. Is true- i've met several guys from posting on here who on the outside seem like true collectors but they're not so there is some mistrust goin' on in here. Finally, the only active poster is this kid from the East bay who somehow thinks he's promoted himself to speak for everyone from this area but he's a moron, can't spell and relies on his parents to drive him around looking for toys so for all intents and purposes this thread isn't much.

Anyway, hope you get to stick around Neomikomi, would be cool to meet collectors more like you and perhaps make this more of what the other areas have.

Reaction score
So tk kind of guilted me into posting (since I most definitely fall into the "lurker" category). I've been hitting up Targets and TRUs in San Mateo, Colma, Mountain View area and I've been seeing some traces of the ESB wave around but it's usually the stuff that people aren't too excited about (read: ICMG and Bespin Guard [not Utris M'toc]). Pegs everywhere are choking to death on CW and Legends and it looks like if there is Legacy in stock, there isn't room on the pegs for it. Though, here's a question; I'm really interested in the WM exclusive comic packs that seem to be hitting... anyone seen them around yet? I live in SF so there aren't really any WMs around me but I'll make the trip if I know where to look!

Reaction score
I agree with TK point of view. Ppl here just like to lurk and not post what they find. I used to post a lot of my findings but it's got too tiring not getting the same info back. Now I just post them whenever I feel like it.

I did picked up both of the new Walmart Exclusive Comic Packs this morning at Milpitas Walmart. There was only 1 IG-97 and 4 General Weir on the pegs before I picked mine up.

G

tk421_1_2 said:
Welcome to the SF-Bay Area NeoMikomi and I need to apologize for these boards don't measure up at all to those guys in Sacto. They're really good at helping each other out and although there are some really good guys who post here in the Bay Area- for the most part the only users here are opportunists, lurkers and scalpers. Is true- i've met several guys from posting on here who on the outside seem like true collectors but they're not so there is some mistrust goin' on in here. Finally, the only active poster is this kid from the East bay who somehow thinks he's promoted himself to speak for everyone from this area but he's a moron, can't spell and relies on his parents to drive him around looking for toys so for all intents and purposes this thread isn't much.

Anyway, hope you get to stick around Neomikomi, would be cool to meet collectors more like you and perhaps make this more of what the other areas have.
Really? You really need to stop with your attitude and grow up, I mean seriously. Others agree in the Legacy section. Your nothing but a troll and can't seem to lay off something. I am 15 and already hav my driving permit. I'm pretty sure when your were a teen you had your parents drive you to the movies and what not. Just stop, don't be an [censored]. I've learned from my lesson's and haven't started up anything since my new account back in 08, I've since then have built up a 50+ trade feedback and made many friends. Be cool bro.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
tk421_1_2 said:

Really? You really need to stop with your attitude and grow up, I mean seriously. Others agree in the Legacy section. Your nothing but a troll and can't seem to lay off something. I am 15 and already hav my driving permit. I'm pretty sure when your were a teen you had your parents drive you to the movies and what not. Just stop, don't be an [censored]. I've learned from my lesson's and haven't started up anything since my new account back in 08, I've since then have built up a 50+ trade feedback and made many friends. Be cool bro.
LOL you guys should start your own thread just to bash each other.

I don't post here very often because I only hit the stores about every couple months since I've cut back so much.

Reaction score
If anyone still needs the Joker Squad set, there's one set at the Ross stores at Westgate Mall (Saratoga) and Campbell (corner of Bascom and Hamilton).

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
wiiwhitey said:
tk421_1_2 said:

LOL you guys should start your own thread just to bash each other.

I don't post here very often because I only hit the stores about every couple months since I've cut back so much.
Same here sort of. I usually visit like 4 or 5 stores when I am on the hunt, but since stores in the Santa Clara or San Jose area usually never get new figures, I just visit like once a month or 2 months now...

G

Wal-mart Pleasanton had one of each of the new Comic Packs. Picked up Storm Commando one and left the Ig-97 one.

Reaction score
Hey y'all. This morning, the Target in Walnut Creek had the remains of the revised Luke Snowspeeder case. There were two each of the Snow Lukes (I bought one), Imperial Scanning Crew, and Zuckuss. (Didn't see any Snowtroopers or AT-AT Drivers, unfortunately for me.)

Best,
--MyClone

Reaction score
Hi all, been awhile since I've posted. I've been sporadically getting items here and there. I have a bunch of figs and other SW collectibles, let me know what you all are looking for.

Reaction score
Union City Walmart has the exclusive comic packs in stock as of tonight, plus a case of Legacy ESB wave.

Reaction score
Check your local Ross stores. I found a Wal-Mart exclusive Dewback/Sandtrooper for $16.99, plus Imp Evo Pilots II for $10.99

Reaction score
DrewSolo said:
Hi all, been awhile since I've posted. I've been sporadically getting items here and there. I have a bunch of figs and other SW collectibles, let me know what you all are looking for.
Hey, I see that you're from Mt. View. I'm from Sunnyvale, and the stores around me carry nothing new. Have you see TCW Commander Bly or any of the latest saga, legacy, or TCW waves? I often visit the Mt. View Wal-Mart and Target, but they don't carry anything new recently.

Reaction score
CaptRex08 said:
DrewSolo said:
Hey, I see that you're from Mt. View. I'm from Sunnyvale, and the stores around me carry nothing new. Have you see TCW Commander Bly or any of the latest saga, legacy, or TCW waves? I often visit the Mt. View Wal-Mart and Target, but they don't carry anything new recently.
Speaking of Mountain View, I hit the WM there this morning hoping to find those new comic packs but struck out. I may try Oakland or Dublin next weekend, anyone have any luck out that way?

Reaction score
Scored the 5 new comic packs this morning at Target so you guys probably should try there instead of TRU.

Reaction score
tk421_1_2 said:
Scored the 5 new comic packs this morning at Target so you guys probably should try there instead of TRU.
Yea, but we're all looking for the WM exclusive ones. Apparently some stores are only getting ONE case!

To everyone: If you find some pick up some extras for us please!

G

I thought we were talking about the 5 new ones. I saw 2 of each of the new Wal-mart packs a few days ago at the Pleasanton store and picked up the Weir pack.

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Apparently some stores are only getting ONE case!

One case per store?! That's the worst news I've heard since we found out they were killing the comic packs line. Even if the WM near you receives a case, if they're anything like the WMs I visit, there's not room on the pegs for them! (Thanks a lot Xizor/Leia and Karde/Thrawn) I only wanted one of the IG97 ones and two of the General Weir ones, but it's looking like that may be a challenge as it is.

G

THX1430 said:
epsilonjedi said:
Apparently some stores are only getting ONE case!

One case per store?! That's the worst news I've heard since we found out they were killing the comic packs line. Even if the WM near you receives a case, if they're anything like the WMs I visit, there's not room on the pegs for them! (Thanks a lot Xizor/Leia and Karde/Thrawn) I only wanted one of the IG97 ones and two of the General Weir ones, but it's looking like that may be a challenge as it is.
I don't think thats true since in the Legacy section people are saying there finding tons of these at once.

Reaction score
Fremont Walmart along Automall Pkwy got a fresh case of the exclusive comic packs in last night. Note - the merchanside plus display unit is on the back toy aisle facing the bike racks.

Reaction score
DrewSolo said:
Check your local Ross stores. I found a Wal-Mart exclusive Dewback/Sandtrooper for $16.99, plus Imp Evo Pilots II for $10.99
Some Ross' I stopped by today also had Walmart AT-ST for $19.99 and Evolutions Clone Commandos for $10.99: Milpitas and Redwood City stores. Also found Octuperra Droid for $15.99.

Reaction score
Stopped by Morrill Target and find nothing.
Stopped by McKee Target and picked up all 5 Comic Packs. Only see 1 of each.

Reaction score
CaptRex08 said:
DrewSolo said:
Hi Capt. Rex, I've only seen remnants of ESB BAD wave at the Target and WM. I haven't been collecting much CW, so I'm not sure what to look for. Will head over there at lunch today and see what they got.

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
DrewSolo said:
Some Ross' I stopped by today also had Walmart AT-ST for $19.99 and Evolutions Clone Commandos for $10.99: Milpitas and Redwood City stores. Also found Octuperra Droid for $15.99.
Thanks for the info, y'all. As of 1pm today (3/23), the Ross on Market St. in downtown SF had three AT-STs at $19.99, not counting the one I bought.
Same store also had one Joker Squad set left at $14.99. Didn't see the others.

Best,
--MyClone

Reaction score
Stopped by Ross at Sunnyvale, didn't see any AT-ST
. I did see the Rebel Pilots for $10.99

Also picked up at Sunnyvale Target:
- Cody with HK-50 left arm
- Concept Snowtrooper with part of HK-50

Both are for trade/sell. I am still looking for CW Matchstick and CW Commander Bly if anybody want to trade. PM me.

G

Good to see the thread is active again. Nothing new out here in the east bay.

Reaction score
Nothing at Downtown SJ or Saratoga Target.

TRU Winchester had a load of CW and Legacy but zero new comic packs.

I'll be heading to Walmart and Target on Story tomorrow.

G

I found it strang that both Dublin TRU & Dublin Target just stocked a case of the previous Comic Pack wave rather than the last wave. If anyone needs them, hit those stores. Also tons of ESB wave a Target Dublin and some at the TRU. If you collect Halo, those stores are the place to be too.

Reaction score
Didn't get a chance to go to Story Rd Target but I did go to Target and TRU on Capitol + Monterey and they had nothing.

I don't think most SJ places have gotten those last comic packs; they still have old ones on the pegs and there's no space where the new ones would be.

EDIT: Visited Hillsdale Target this afternoon and saw 1 of the new comic packs but it was beat up so I passed. Apparently they must have put them out today or yesterday. These freaking things are worse than UGH figures!

Reaction score
Walmart in Fremont on Osgood road (near Fry's Electronics) has plenty of the new SW comic packs but they're not in the main SW aisle. They're on the next aisle over near the pool supplies in a cardboard display unit. Not sure why someone put them there... but they are there and they don't seem to be selling there...

Reaction score
WM in San Leandro on Hesperian had a fresh case (minus the set I took) of the exclusive comic packs. Also went to WMs on Hegenberger and the other San Leandro WM and found nothing. Also, saw none of the other new comic packs anywhere.

Reaction score
Morill Target has a case of ESB revision wave. Saw Cody but no concept snowtropper.

Reaction score
Haven't seen the new comic packs in Mountain View. Saw some older comic packs at Target MV today (Cade Skywalker/Darth Talon, Commander Faie/Quinlon Voss, Luke/Lumiya)

G

Left 3 Clone Wars Y-wings at Livermore Wally for $45. They also got in a ton on 2009 Loathsome/Arf Trooper Wave. Nothing at Livermore Target or Ross.

G

Went to all the further East Bay stores today and nothing new, was really looking forward to finding some new Comic Packs. Left a legacy Commander Cody at San Ramon Target, Livermore Target has vehicles on sale for $17.99, and Livermore Wal-mart has a few Clone Pilot Matchsticks, Cad Banes, & Captain Argyus. None of the stores have anything Comic Pack & Clone Wars wise in their stock room either.

Reaction score
Wasn't the $17.99 vehicle sale at Target from last week's sale? I don't see it on the current online ad. Plus the sale sign from the Target I went to today was not on the shelf anymore.

Reaction score
$17.99 Vehicle sale at Target ended last Saturday, 4/3/10.

Found what I thought was a R2-X2 return, but then found the Concept and Willrow at Target. Perhaps a wayward case found in the stockroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.