Bay Area Reports v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Start checking you local TJ Maxx stores again, tons of blue/white comic packs for $6.99 each, picked up Anakin & Durge and Darth Talon & Cade Skywalker at the Dublin store and left 3 Commander Faie packs and a clone emperor pack.

G

TRU Dublin has about 2 more cases of Battle Packs today. Livermore Wal-mart has 2 Slave Leia's and some ROTS wave. Target Livermore has 2 Ambush on Albergo Battle Packs & Cad Bane. Comic shop in Livermore also has the new 2010 wave of Battle Packs (Birth of Vader, Tatoonie, Jedi Showdown, Holocron Hiest).

G

Target Livermore now has 2 Ryloth Battle Packs and some BOGO 2-packs. Target Dublin has TPM wave BOGO 2-packs including about 3 with Rum Sleg in the combo.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Target Livermore now has 2 Ryloth Battle Packs and some BOGO 2-packs. Target Dublin has TPM wave BOGO 2-packs including about 3 with Rum Sleg in the combo.
SJ airport Target had a few good BOGO sets but as I was looking closer they actually GLUED the things to the packaging making it impossible to separate them without tearing them to shreds. WTF!? Way to screw MOC collectors Ha$bro!!

Reaction score
Found Target value sets at Bridgepointe Target in San Mateo which included TPM, ANH and Saga Legends wave.

Reaction score
Start checking Walmarts for the following deals:

Octuptarra Droid -$17
Turbo Tank - $50
Evolution sets - $12.50

Reaction score
CaptRex08 said:
Any news on these Blockbuster packs at any stores?
CaptRex08, they seem to sporadically show up from store to store. I've only seen a couple at the UC/Hayward Target but hardly any at both the Target on Coleman in SJ and the other Hayward Target.

Reaction score
jedi24 said:
CaptRex08 said:
Any news on these Blockbuster packs at any stores?
CaptRex08, they seem to sporadically show up from store to store. I've only seen a couple at the UC/Hayward Target but hardly any at both the Target on Coleman in SJ and the other Hayward Target.
I've actually seen quite a few around the Targets in the SJ area. I've also seen figures apparently ripped from the packs as they have part of the card missing from the front of some figures. Blasted scalpers!!

G

There is about 10 Slave Leia's at Livermore Wally & 2 Scanning Crew. Also 2 Cad Banes at Livermore Target.

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
There is about 10 Slave Leia's at Livermore Wally & 2 Scanning Crew. Also 2 Cad Banes at Livermore Target.
Ya I've seen (and left) quite a few Cad Banes. I'm not surprised they are sitting there when the price is as high as $8.24 at some Targets.

Reaction score
Stopped by the Mountain view Wal-Mart and Target, and there were absolutely no new figures. The only new thing they had at the Mountain View Wal-Mart was the ARF clone trooper w/ AT-RT, Commander Cody w/ speeder bike, and Obi-wan w/ the Freeco speeder. The last new figure that I saw was the concept art Ki-adi Mundi, which I bought. I'm gonna check out the Sunnyvale Toys R Us, Target, and the Cuperino Target, later this week.

G

Ross in Dublin has 2 Joker Squad pack for $15, great deal for that ammount of figures.

Reaction score
I picked up a couple of the Joker Squad sets also in the south bay. They were at Ross too

Reaction score
Decided to go hunting last night and I went to the Sunnyvale Toys R Us, Sunnyvale Target, Cupertino Target, Mountain View Target, and the Mountain View Wal-Mart. And it's all the same... no new figures whatsoever. The Sunnyvale Toys R Us was literally exploded with space suit Obi-wan and Kit Fisto. I will check out the San Jose Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU tomorrow...

Reaction score
Stopped by the San Jose Target ad Toys R Us on Tully (or is it Curtner? I forgot), and was surprised to see that a Toys R Us had more up to date figures than Target or Wal-Mart.

Left 1 TCW Anakin in snow gear and 1 concept art Ki-adi Mundi at the TRU.

Reaction score
Target on Coleman Ave.:

Exclusive TIE fighter: $19.98
Clone Wars Abregado BP: $12.98

Transformers:
Fire Fallen: $10.98
Leo Prime: $9.98

GI Joe:
Past/Present BP: $12.98

Reaction score
WHEW... did a big store run today.

Stores to avoid:
- Mountain View Wal-Mart (nothing new at all)
- San Jose (Curtner/Tully) Target (nothing new, but there were a lot of new comic packs, and for once, it wasn't full of Princess Leia with that one guy)
- Sunnyvale TRU (literally full of space suit Obi-wan and space suit Anakin)

Stores to visit:
- San Jose (Curtner/Tully) TRU restocked their shelves with a TON of BOGO packs and there were some of the latest TCW figures
- Cupertino Target (had a variety of past waves: TCW Commander Gree, Admiral Yularen, 2 pack Jawas, Han Solo with Stormtrooper belt, Chewbacca with mask, etc)

The Curtner/Tully TRU had their Star Wars sale today. If you buy any Star Wars figure, you get a free Transformers, Star Wars bogo, or Legacy figure. This Sunday and Monday ONLY.

G

TRU Dublin has 1 AT-RT, 1 Anakin w/ Sport Skiff, 1 Cody w/ Barc, 2 Freeco, 2 Biker Scout w/ speeder, & 2 Battle Droid w/ Stap.

G

Left a Thi-Sen & Snow Gear Anakin at TRU Dublin and there figures prices are now $6.99. Target Dublin got in a case of ESB. Left Wing guard, Zuckuss, Snowspeeder Luke, Willrow Hood, R2-X2, & some repacks.

Reaction score
If anyone still wants Target TIE's for cheap, there's a couple left at the Silver Creek Target store off Capitol Expressway, South SJ. $19.98.

G

Pleasanton Wal-mart got in some ESB, left Luke, Zuckuss, R2-X2, & Willrow Hood.

Reaction score
Found a cool little web site on Ioffer, its called cantinatoys.ioffer.com, lots of items from 2004 and up, has anyone ever bought from them?

G

lordfidget said:
Found a cool little web site on Ioffer, its called cantinatoys.ioffer.com, lots of items from 2004 and up, has anyone ever bought from them?
Haven't bought from them and after checking it out I wouldn't recomend buying. Scalper prices, you could get most of those cheaper on ebay, our fourms, and other sites.

Reaction score
just like in the sac forum, i have to ask, if you're so unsure about this site, why do you have it listed as your homepage in your profile?

lordfidget said:

G

BrettX209 said:
just like in the sac forum, i have to ask, if you're so unsure about this site, why do you have it listed as your homepage in your profile?

lordfidget said:
HA! Looks like we found our selves a spammer. Oh mods!

Reaction score
BrettX209 wrote:

lordfidget wrote:

HA! Looks like we found our selves a spammer. Oh mods!

AS I said before and Ill say again, looks like we got some haters here, you guys still in high school or just bored tonight! Went to the site listed, they are way cheaper than Brians Toys and have the same items, so whats your beef with this guy!

Reaction score
wiiwhitey said:
Haven't bought from them and after checking it out I wouldn't recomend buying. Scalper prices, you could get most of those cheaper on ebay, our fourms, and other sites.
wiiwhitey said:
Version 6 is close to it's limit so please continue here.

Still haven't found any CW wave 6,7, or 8 yet at retail but I found some at a comic shop and picked up 2.
Caution....

Lordtoys said:
so whats your beef with this guy!
Nothing....and that what it's really all about, nothing. Brian's toys at least goes through the effort to rate their cards and provide better pics than this site has to offer on higher-ended merchandise. No real details on that site to impulse the more serious collector.

Reaction score
And thats why we have free choices to shop were we want, you dont like then dont shop there, some people might just like it, hell Im gonna shop there and then post my experience, but just cause there pictures suck dont mean anything!

Reaction score
Lordtoys said:
And thats why we have free choices to shop were we want, you dont like then dont shop there, some people might just like it, hell Im gonna shop there and then post my experience, but just cause there pictures suck dont mean anything!
Can this thread remain a thread where we post our 'Finds'?

****ing noobs!

Reaction score
Where's the unity in the bay area? Is there any at all? The bay area is an area with tons of collectors (and scalpers) but yet this thread is one of the most pathetic in all of the area threads.

Anyone going to San Jose Super Toy or Wondercon?

As for finds... haven't really found anything for SW b/c there's not much I'm looking for but I did pick up an ice cream guy a few weeks ago at Target and there are still some around to be had.

Reaction score
NeoMikomi said:
Where's the unity in the bay area? Is there any at all? The bay area is an area with tons of collectors (and scalpers) but yet this thread is one of the most pathetic in all of the area threads.

Anyone going to San Jose Super Toy or Wondercon?

As for finds... haven't really found anything for SW b/c there's not much I'm looking for but I did pick up an ice cream guy a few weeks ago at Target and there are still some around to be had.
Hmm, good questions. I'm sure it exists, but maybe not readily apparent.
Indeed, the BA Report is sparse.
I'm going to both San Jose Super Toy and Wondercon.
For the most part, it's a slow period now save for infrequent ESB & CW at Targets and TRUs. Milpitas WM received the new comic 2pks; IG97/Rom Mohc and Storm Commando/General Weir sets.

Reaction score
NeoMikomi said:
but yet this thread is one of the most pathetic in all of the area threads.
The posts in this thread have been mainly to the point and focusing on just finds. Yeah, admittedly it's been sparse, but there just seems to be a slow period going on right until the new stuff we saw at Toy Fair starts trickling in. Stores like Target and Walmart are in the middle of remodel and inventory, so shipments might be slow for a while. The last few posts probably should have been warranted its own thread, but as you know, let's 'move along, move along'?

Unfortunately, I myself won't be attending WonderCon, but how about SDCC?

Reaction score
Deak_Starkiller said:
NeoMikomi said:
but yet this thread is one of the most pathetic in all of the area threads.
The posts in this thread have been mainly to the point and focusing on just finds. Yeah, admittedly it's been sparse, but there just seems to be a slow period going on right until the new stuff we saw at Toy Fair starts trickling in. Stores like Target and Walmart are in the middle of remodel and inventory, so shipments might be slow for a while. The last few posts probably should have been warranted its own thread, but as you know, let's 'move along, move along'?

Unfortunately, I myself won't be attending WonderCon, but how about SDCC?
I understand there is a lull at retail during Jan-March/April but look at the Sacramento area, there are threads galore there. We don't have to just talk about SW finds here... right? I'm not exactly sure of the Terms and Conditions here at RS though when it comes to what we can discuss in the specific areas but I would assume the mods would be ok with us shaping this area into something we would use more. I collect toys from a few other toy lines outside of SW so while there's currently a lull at retail, there's never a lull in trying to keep up and fill the gaps in my collection.

Not sure if I'll still be living in this area come SDCC. I don't have tickets yet and the way they're selling out it doesn't look likely. I'd love to go though if was in my cards but like I said... it's not looking likely for me. Since this might be my last few months living in the bay area I want to make sure I go to the SJ Super Toy Show, Wondercon, and the Maker's Fair this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.