Bay Area Reports v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
tk421_1_2 said:
Walmart in Mtn View had around 4 to 5 cases with plenty of Silver Foil cardbacks- both assortment 2 and 3 were present at around noon today (9/2).
Nice.. I should go there...
My local TRU and Target in San Mateo is full of Legacy and Old CW figues...

Reaction score
They still have plenty of Vintage Wave 2 at MV walmart, still a few foil cards as well.

Reaction score
hckyang said:
They still have plenty of Vintage Wave 2 at MV walmart, still a few foil cards as well.
cool. going to make my way there today.. lets see what i find...hopefully some wave 2 figs...

Reaction score
Saw a bunch if vintage wave 2 at the Walmart in Antioch on Lone Tree Way.

Reaction score
Vintage wave 2 also at Pleasant Hill TRU. I may have picked up the only Sandtrooper.

Best, MyClone

Reaction score
As of 11:36 AM today

Mountain View Wal-Mart
- Pegs stock full with TCW (full wave of Pre Vizsla and repacks)
- Vintage (remnants of the Clone Trooper, Sidious)

Sunnyvale TRU
- Pegs stock full with TCW (remnants of Pre Vizsla wave and a bunch of repacks)
- Vintage semi stocked with no new figures.

Reaction score
Anyone having luck finding the new battle packs such as the Mandalorian or ARC Troopers?

Reaction score
Saw 6 Magna Guards and other wave 2 figures at Walmart this morning.

Reaction score
As of 8:30 PM tonight at the Sunnyvale TRU:

- Remnants of wave 2 vintage
- Vintage AT-AT
- Slave 1
- Nikto Guard

No Ki-adi Mundi wave, new Fisto, new Windu, Mando/ARC battle packs yet...

Reaction score
Any sightings yet of the Target Geonosis sets? I checked Dublin, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek and had no luck.... I think the Hoth UPBs are supposed to be hitting about now too?

Reaction score
THX1430 said:
Any sightings yet of the Target Geonosis sets? I checked Dublin, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek and had no luck.... I think the Hoth UPBs are supposed to be hitting about now too?

I haven't heard of anyone finding the Geo sets. The Hoth sets have just started hitting Target but I wouldn't expect to find them at most Targets until after the 17th of this month.

Reaction score
Target San Ramon has Defense of Hoth & Attack on Hoth Battle Packs, Clone Wars 2-Packs (Senate Commando!), & Geonosis Arena 2-Packs in their stock room. Didn't check for the Vintage Vehicles, Mini Mighty Muggs, or Clone Wars Battle Packs (Hidden Enemy, Hostage Crisis) but I'm sure they have them. Had them pull a Defense of Hoth & Senate Commando 2-Pack for me. Picked up Clone Wars Wave 3 (Flamethrower, Goji, Mundi) as Target in Dublin late last week and Mandalorian Battle Pack at ToysRus in Fremont. Target Dublin & TRU Dublin currently has quite a bit of Vintage Wave 2 and TRU has a ton of the Nikto Guards.

Reaction score
THX1430 said:
Any sightings yet of the Target Geonosis sets? I checked Dublin, San Ramon, and Walnut Creek and had no luck....
Actually yes...I found some at the Target in San Mateo/Foster City. Spotted R2/Threepio, Obi-Wan and Dooku sets. Look closely and you'll see the 2010 Edition label on the boxes for these sets.

Reaction score
I hit San Ramon Target this morning and they didn't have any of the new sets out and refused to pull anything from the back for me. I guess I'll just have to wait until the reset sometime next weekend.

Reaction score
THX1430 said:
I hit San Ramon Target this morning and they didn't have any of the new sets out and refused to pull anything from the back for me. I guess I'll just have to wait until the reset sometime next weekend.
You should have said it's against your policy to refuse to bring something out of the stockroom if there isn't any on the shelf and there is no street date. I use that when ever I'm having Targets pull things for me if there is none out already. You also got to find the right employee, usally across the store or at electronics.

Reaction score
I did make the case about the street date but they told that it is their policy not to bring out collectibles from the stockroom when they are requested. I thinks it's a stupid policy because I would have dropped like $200 but I ended up not spending anything. Also the employee I grabbed was from electronics.

Reaction score
It's still against their policy to not bring items out when there isn't any on the shelf. I would go back tonight and get some other employees. Normaly when they say no, I go find another one until finally one that dosn't know goes and gets them for me.

Reaction score
Found CW Flameclone, Ki-Adi and Goji at Hillsdale Target (San Jose) this afternoon.

South San Jose TRU (Almaden) has some markdowns:

TIE Interceptor $39.98
Legacey BP: Gelgrub and Battle of Endor (Luke Poncho) $20.98 (IIRC)
Deluxe figures Can-Cel and STAP $14.98.

Reaction score
Halomite said:
It's still against their policy to not bring items out when there isn't any on the shelf. I would go back tonight and get some other employees. Normaly when they say no, I go find another one until finally one that dosn't know goes and gets them for me.
Or you can just say "lemme speak to the manager if you're not going to get them". That usually scares them into getting what you want.

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Halomite said:
Or you can just say "lemme speak to the manager if you're not going to get them". That usually scares them into getting what you want.
Sadly, they have the right to refuse anyone anything. A lot of stores are going to be resistant to pulling any stock because Target has a sale coming up and in their eyes if they don't have that product for the sale they will lose more money due to the potential of add-on purchases than if they sold the merchandise right on the spot to anyone who asks for it. It sucks but it's reality.

Reaction score
Michael_Knight said:
epsilonjedi said:
Halomite said:
Sadly, they have the right to refuse anyone anything. A lot of stores are going to be resistant to pulling any stock because Target has a sale coming up and in their eyes if they don't have that product for the sale they will lose more money due to the potential of add-on purchases than if they sold the merchandise right on the spot to anyone who asks for it. It sucks but it's reality.
When has Target ever had a sale on NEW SW items?? Sure they sometimes don't put out street-date stuff prior to the event but you are giving them too much credit for assuming they are holding them back for a future sale.

It's also your right as a consumer to have products you want delivered to you when available. If some deadbeat employee is just too lazy to get them or makes up some lame excuse (or both) than that person should be dealt with and the customer should be reimbursed for their trouble and given the products they requested.

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Michael_Knight said:
epsilonjedi said:
Halomite said:
When has Target ever had a sale on NEW SW items?? Sure they sometimes don't put out street-date stuff prior to the event but you are giving them too much credit for assuming they are holding them back for a future sale.

It's also your right as a consumer to have products you want delivered to you when available. If some deadbeat employee is just too lazy to get them or makes up some lame excuse (or both) than that person should be dealt with and the customer should be reimbursed for their trouble and given the products they requested.
I'm only going by the fact that I used to work for Target and they actually went through the effort to retain stock for upcoming events in the ad. They weren't necessarily sale items but tied into some promotion. This was years ago so things could have changed. I did at the time of my post think they were saving the items for the sale but found out that the sale is this week so they are probably going by some arbitrary street date that's apparently somewhere around the 17th.

But yeah, you're right. Sometimes it's a dead beat employee too lazy to front the effort, sometimes they surprise and let you have a crack at new stuff before the street date. Either way they don't have to retrieve product out of the back if they are reserving it for a promotion or some other marketing effort. They do run the risk of being reported to the BBB if it becomes common practice and then they have a bigger issue if can be linked to discriminatory reasons.

Reaction score
I checked the Target in Novato Friday night and it didn't appear that they had stocked any of the Hoth or Geonosis sets yet, hopefully this week some time.

I did however eat at the Chevy's with the fam and at the same time George Lucas and his kids along with some close friends were seated next to us. It was pretty cool.

Reaction score
Picked up a Hyena Bomber & Republic Swamp Speeder at Newark TRU and left an AAT & Green AT-AP tonight.

Reaction score
Michael_Knight said:
I did however eat at the Chevy's with the fam and at the same time George Lucas and his kids along with some close friends were seated next to us. It was pretty cool.
What the...? Did you get any pics and/or an autograph? Which Chevys was it?

Reaction score
Target along Morill Ave. (San Jose):

Hoth turret and AT-ST sets there, plus Vintage TIE and Snowspeeder.

Malevolence DVD packs at S. San Jose Walmart (Monterey Rd.) as of this past weekend.

Reaction score
epsilonjedi said:
Michael_Knight said:
What the...? Did you get any pics and/or an autograph? Which Chevys was it?

No, I didn't 'cause I didn't want to bug the guy while he was eating. One of my friends suggested that I should have offered his waitress to pay his bill and then see if he would engage me afterwards. I wasn't that clever. It was the Chevy's on Rowland off the 101 in Novato.

Reaction score
Late post, but Walmart Jabbas at San Jose (Monterey Rd.) as of last Friday. Forget to add to my last post.

Reaction score
Michael_Knight said:
Picked up the Swamp Speeder and Hyena Bomber at the San Rafael TRU. They still had at least another set of each.
That Hyena Bomber is pretty cool isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.