Battlefront 2 Inferno Squadron TIE Fighter Pilot - GameStop Exclusive

Reaction score
Yeah, if the figure came with a removable helmet with the "untold solider" head underneath, this would have made the figure something really nice. Or even as you said, an alternate head. As it is, it's a hard pass for another TIE Pilot repaint.

But, I am looking forward to the game. I just wonder if the game's story is going to be canon at all, taking place after the second Death Star and all...
yes the story will be canon, they said it's going to help cover the 30 years between ROTJ and TFA. Thats going to be very interesting to see. There is a tie in novel, Inferno Squad, it comes out July 25th. They said novel will start directly after the destruction of the first Death Star and will end where the game begins. Here is a link to the full Battlefront 2 panel from Celebration, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f7FkuldLAA

Reaction score
Kind of like Revan. To each our own.
Too each our own, true. But other than Sith Lord-black cape Revan was at least an original costume design. This is just cliche add bright comic book colours to make game look flashy, so for me personally doesn't fit the OT too well. At least the new troopers in R1 were fairly muted and tame in terms of colours so it didn't feel like they were going overboard.

Reaction score
Stopped in my local Gamestop today (for the first time ever) to try and pre-order in person given that I missed it online. The clerk first thought I wanted to pre-order the game, then she didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I said it was the figure, then she went on her computer and said they were sold out. On my walk home I started to think that was odd and realized she may have thought I was asking about the Celebration Funko Pop they had, so I was going to call back, but when I checked the website to get the phone number, I saw they were available online again :D. Ordered 3 - 1 for the main display, and 2 for the army!

Given that they're appearing right after the Battle of Endor though, are these considered Imperial troops or First Order troops?

Reaction score
Pee-ordered a couple of them. Let's just hope they more or less know how many of them they will have in stock and they are not taking pre-orders without knowing!

Reaction score
Stopped in my local Gamestop today (for the first time ever) to try and pre-order in person given that I missed it online. The clerk first thought I wanted to pre-order the game, then she didn't seem to know what I was talking about when I said it was the figure, then she went on her computer and said they were sold out. On my walk home I started to think that was odd and realized she may have thought I was asking about the Celebration Funko Pop they had, so I was going to call back, but when I checked the website to get the phone number, I saw they were available online again :D. Ordered 3 - 1 for the main display, and 2 for the army!

Given that they're appearing right after the Battle of Endor though, are these considered Imperial troops or First Order troops?
Imperial for sure. They were around before DS2 went boom.

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered the figure, along with the game. November 17th will be a good day.

Reaction score
Pee-ordered a couple of them. Let's just hope they more or less know how many of them they will have in stock and they are not taking pre-orders without knowing!
Well from what people are saying on the R5-D4 thread, it seems Gamestop has taken more pre-orders than they can handle...

Reaction score
I really dig this variant. Usually the stuff from the games don't catch my fancy but something about the Black and Red TIE Fighter scheme really appeals to me. I'll have to see about preordering in store. We've got 3 Gamestops in the immediate area so it shouldn't be too hard to find one that'll PO to me *knocks on wood*

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered also, I really hope it doesn't get cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success pre-ordering this one in store? I did for R5-D4 and it worked out well, but i heard some people tried this one in store and did not have success? Maybe its just some employees in some stores that dont know?

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success pre-ordering this one in store? I did for R5-D4 and it worked out well, but i heard some people tried this one in store and did not have success? Maybe its just some employees in some stores that dont know?
I had no problem with Inferno pilot, but did with R5....tried at three stores, but no reservation taken.

Reaction score
Stupid question folks, if the pre-order is sold out online, has anyone tried to pre-order via their store w/a deposit. I just saw this thread this morning, so I will check my local store. But I'm just curious.

Thanks.
I was able to answer my own question. No issues pre-ordering the pilot at GS. The rep was nice and his store also received their R5-D4 ex. Picked it up for a friend.

Uki

Reaction score
I preordered this one yesterday. I have no interest in the game, but it's a sharp-looking figure. Plus, I'll read the book.

Reaction score
So I'm hedging my bets, I preordered online a couple days ago, and in store today. The rep at my GameStop by work is really nice and helpful.

I really don't want to pay $6 for shipping, might cancel the online order.

Reaction score
Also pre-ordered 2. Maybe some day when all the dust settles someone will trade me a Battlefront Shock Trooper for one. :p

Reaction score
Do we know for a fact that there won't be a head under the helmet?
I'm personally certain there isn't, they would have showed it.

However where this is a new character with a backstory, game, and book I wouldn't be surprised if we got a new figure of her. New helmet, chest gear, new head, her sentry droid. Would be cool.

Reaction score
The sculpt looks like a male so I'm guessing this is not the female lead? Dissapoint if not especially since this will be canon

Reaction score
But in the game these guys don't have pipes, some don't have the chest unit, and the gear is moded...

This figure is not special forces, just a repainted tie pilot.

Reaction score
I imagine they wear the pipes when they're flying their TIE's, otherwise they'd suffocate. Would be nice if the pipes are removable on the figure.

Reaction score
Not trying to be a racist and sexist but after Disney bought Star Wars the leads and important characters are female or ethnic. It's just so forced!

Hope she gets her own figure though, hardly seems fair she doesnt get one considering you play as her in a war based story.

Reaction score
Not trying to be a racist and sexist but after Disney bought Star Wars the leads and important characters are female or ethnic. It's just so forced!
It is for marketing purposes.

Star wars already holds a large male fan base, and now Disney aims to double it.

While I have nothing against it, I wish the lead of a major star wars production just wouldn't always be based on the human specie.

Reaction score

Hope she gets her own figure though, hardly seems fair she doesnt get one considering you play as her in a war based story.
Agreed. Everything like this is so forced nowadays. I liked the entire R1 crew, they're all great, but they made all of them a different ethnicity just for the sake of it. And I love Jyn (in case you couldn't tell) and Rey is awesome too for that matter, but making a third female lead just makes it seem very forced, which is unfortunate, because it shouldn't be. It shouldn't matter what race or *** a character is as long as they are a great character. But in today's world everything always has to be about race and sending a message.

Sorry I got way off topic, this thread is supposed to be about an action figure, we should keep it that way hahaha

Reaction score

Oh totally agree. I mean Rey and Jyn are white but Kathleen Kennedy has been blabbing about feminism in Star Wars. Because there were no strong females in Star Wars before right? George Lucas is sooo sexist

Janina is super hot but I'm sure they are intentionally stuffing diversity in these movies.

Reaction score
Meh. How different is this from the TFA tie pilot?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
It's not really suppose to be different, they're one and the same, apparently they form the First Order's Special Forces unit. Inferno Squadron are their predecessors.