Battlebots has returned!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Is anyone here watching it? The third episode aired this Sunday, and I'm in love all over again. It's on ABC, and can be caught up on with On Demand.

Reaction score
God yes! I missed this show so much. Total rip off that Nightmare didn't get a second chance but Warhead did. I love the legacy guys, especially Bronco aka descendant of Toro! Although if I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Tombstone. That spinner blade is absolutely horrifying!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Tombstone's horizontal blade devastates anything in its way! I also felt a bit sad for how quickly Plan X was dispatched this week :'(

Reaction score
Really glad this show is back. I missed the last episode but will catch up this weekend!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Oh hell, Tombstone annihilated the bot this week, but that owner/driver is way too ****y; he needs his come-uppance!

Reaction score
His 'bot can murder bowling b.alls! He has every right to be ****y against a 'bot made of plastic. I'm pretty sure against a better opponent (most likely Bronco next round), he'll be more straight-forward with the attack style. But this week? Yeah, totally justified ****iness.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i like watching the battles but the 25 minutes in between fights aggravate me

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Oh my, what a finale! So glad to see Tombstone taken down (barely!). Too quick of a season, and hope it returns soon!

Reaction score
I was very impressed with that final battle. Tombstone took the battles seriously when they needed to. Bronco had a nice idea, but too hesitant to act. Took a hell of a beating too.

I do wonder what would have been if Tombstone's primary blade hadn't been snapped by Witch Doctor. That one was shorter, but much thicker resulting in more striking force. Seeing as the thinner blade was able to do some damage to that heavy wedge plate on Bite Force, I'd think that the thicker one might have just chucked BF across the arena on contact. Also that final hit against Bronco that caused Tombstone to pop open didn't help either.

The bonus fight was nice too. I said that Nightmare got gypped not getting a wild card slot. I rest my case. I kind of enjoyed seeing those MIT kids get a "broken nose" in the end. Satisfying end for that fight.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Agreed on everything! Nightmare is a great classic bot, and should be up there with Tombstone. Their only weakness is stability compared to a lower center of gravity bot. Tombstone is so agile too; I couldn't believe how maneuverable it was.

Reaction score
Oh my, what a finale! So glad to see Tombstone taken down (barely!). Too quick of a season, and hope it returns soon!
Yeah, Couldnt agree more. season went by so fast.

I kinda like the Free For All battle too, wish they would put those in a few more times next time

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
It's back again! The preview episode was last night, and the regular season begins in about a month I believe. Twice as many bots as last season. And they have flying drones now :wub:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Whoa- resurrecting an old thread, but I'm loving the 2 hour long episodes this season! Who's watching?

Reaction score
Oh yeah, still watching it. Haven't missed an episode! Some interesting new ideas this year (I'm looking at you Mammoth and ... damn, the other giant one's name is escaping me at the moment, the one with the giant vertical blade that almost broke the testing box). Quantum looked like it might be a huge problem after it's first fight with Blacksmith, but then it got mauled twice in a row. Good for them.

I'm also enjoying the replays on Wednesday with the bonus fight before the main event. Can never have enough 'bot mayhem!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Was it Huge you're thinking of? The one with the rubbery wheels?

Reaction score
No, it's Deep Six. Gotta love that they actually have profiles on the actual website.

Huge is interesting, but just has such a big problem with the heavy hitting spinners.

Reaction score
I haven't seen any of current season,but for some reason enjoy watching this show. Guess it's the big mallet or flame throwers torching some smaller bot.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
It's been many weeks since the last episode, or have I missed something? I thought the Desperado tournament should have been aired by now...

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Answering my own question, looks like it moved to Discovery from The Science Channel. In doing so, my DVR missed the Desperado tournament, but I managed to catch the rest of the season, including last night's finale. And the winner is...

Spoiler:  
Bite Force once again! For the 3rd time! That bot is crazy good, and not in an obvious, Tombstone-like way!

Reaction score
Uh, it was on Discovery on Fridays at 7PM CDT all along. The Science Channel airings were replays, usually with a bonus match before the main event.

And I am so proud of the team that lost the championship! They've come a long, long way in these last 4 years.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Ah, I wondered why there was a "bonus" match at all! Well, I don't know why my DVR stopped recording them, unless Science Channel stopped airing them..? I had it set for "any day, any time" to record.

Reaction score
Yeah, Science seemed to stop airing the replays after awhile. They apparently moved to before the new episode each Friday.

And that is why I tend to not use a OnePass type thing. I just mentally run through what I want to record and set stuff up manually once a weekish.