Battle of Hoth Diorama

Reaction score
I decided to bite the bullet and do a Hoth diorama. It has been on my list for a long time. It will be about 4 by 8 foot.

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
That's a great start! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress.

If you want to make it multi level, you can make the command center, docking bay, and wampa cave under it.

Reaction score
That is great idea Utinnii. I already have a Hoth diorama that I have made. I have the ships to do a hanger. I will have to see what I can come up with.

Reaction score
I really didn't want to but I broke down and airbrushed my AT-AT i don't know if I like it or not but it was just too clean that it stood out. I have to add a couple of more colors and some snow effects on it.

Reaction score
Hey Tyranus. It is great to hear from you it has been a long time. To tell you the truth this is the first time I have weathered a vehicle. There are people that do amazing work. I have been a little scared to try. The AT-ST you see that is crashed is the first thing I have ever tried. It is broken but I kept it and I'm glad I did. It works nicely in the dio. Since it was already broken I felt a little braver to give it a try. I wanted to make it look burned out. I liked how that turned out so I decided to give the walker a try. I found pictures of the Master Replicas AT-AT and based the weathering on that paint app. Anyway it was fun and something I look forward to doing again. So I am not familiar with the schools of weathering. I know people do amazing washes and stuff. I just wanted a simple airbrushing and always think you get the best weathering effects when you combine washes with airbrushing.

Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the weathering, it looks great!
You are always your own worst critic, I think. Sometimes stowing the project away for a day or two can help you see what you could not, the first time around.

Reaction score
I have a little time to work on my Hoth Diorama and wanted to post a couple pics let me know what you think. I will post some more updated pics soon.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That Taun Taun looks so real. This is a wonderful piece of work. Thanks for posting the pics.

Reaction score
This dio is amazing! Love the terrain and the tuan taun looks look fantastic. Looking at the background, that is a nice man cave you've go there, lol.

Utinniii

Reaction score
That is really turning out great! I'm Lukewarm on the tauntaun though.

Seriously, it looks amazing. Is it from a model or did you just expertly position it that way?

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys. The Taun Taun is not from a model as you can see I sculpted it myself. I went back and forth on it it was a lot of work but I thought it would add a lot to the scene. It was a very quick sculpt I took a lot of short cuts sculpting the hair. I just wanted it to look right and fit in the background not necessarily stand up to real close scrutiny but it turned out really well better than I could have ever hoped.

Reaction score
Thanks so much Utinniii. Here is another picture. After taking some more pictures I am afraid I am going to have to pull up all the figures and pull the snow and airbrush the terrain again there is just too much white it is coming off a little one note and the textures are lost in all the white. Anyway here is another picture with a photoshopped background.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Wow!!! I always said you were the king of sculpting, but dang!

Reaction score
Incredible diorama. This is the kind of thing I always dream of doing when I'm buying Star Wars figures and vehicles.

Reaction score
This is another great sculpting job, you are gifted at it. When you post updates it's always a joy to scroll down and see what masterpiece you've created.