Battle Droid w/Firing Blaster - No.7

Reaction score
Re: CW: Battle Droid

Hard to tell, but doesn't look like it to me.

The sculpt is almost passable for "realistic", from the looks of the one pic.

Reaction score

Looking forward to this figure.
From what I can tell, the shoulders appear to have ball sockets and the ankles seem articulated as well.

Reaction score

The Knees seem the most questionable.

But if this is SA, then it's too bad it's not a real version. This isn't too stylized to the point that the Hasbro couldn't pull off the elusive realistic SA sculpt.

Reaction score

The head is really the only significantly animated part. The body isn't too bad at all if it does have improved articulation.

Reaction score

What kind of articulation does it have Paul?

Nice to see it comes with a regular blaster.

Reaction score

Nice, as long as it can stand up, its a winner in my book.

Reaction score

This is a real heart breaker. Alongside Grievous this should have been realistic as the lack of those two leaves a HUGE hole in my CIS troops. But I won't buy either until they release well done, realistic versions.

Reaction score

BobaTheFett said:
This is a real heart breaker. Alongside Grievous this should have been realistic as the lack of those two leaves a HUGE hole in my CIS troops. But I won't buy either until they release well done, realistic versions.
Ditto. It looks pretty well articulated. If this turns out to be a sturdy and well balanced figure (as it looks to be), it's just really going to get under my skin. It strikes me, a little bit, like disrespect to the army-building collector community. We've asked for this for a long time, and then they put together something so close to what we want, and pull it right back away from us with this "animated style" lousiness.

Well, for me, it wouldn't have made much difference. I'd buy a squad of realistic "tan" BDs, but I'm primarily in the market for maroon droids.

Hopefully, if this does turn out to be as good as we think/hope, Hasbro can translate the technique to an improved BD post-haste, ideally in an AOTC wave with maroon apps. It'll just have been a shame it came out animated before realistic.

Reaction score

Rune_Haako said:
What kind of articulation does it have Paul?
Hey Rune, they wouldn't let me touch anything (what am I, 3?!?!?) But the best I could tell, head, shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, maybe ankles. Looks cool, but I don't believe it had anything "fancy."

Reaction score

you saw knee joints? maybe one of the hasbro reps would know or demonstrate for you. or are THEY not allowed to touch them either? :p

Reaction score

Now, this just goes to show you how stupid some rumors, even the ones that come from first-hand accounts could be.
The latest said they would all by realistic, except the battle droids, which are very animated...Now look, all the figures are 100% animated and the battle droid looks 100% movie realistic.

Someones drinking drano.

Reaction score

For me, there is not enough of a difference to justify buying this one to keep MOC over the TAC two pack. Pass.

Reaction score

unlike the other clone wars figures, i actually like the looks of this one. i'll most likely be hunting him down, and as a result, probably a clone trooper, if for no other reason than to keep him company.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Battle Droid

As long as the Battle Droid can stand then that's all that matters!

Reaction score

I think these figures are better than the animated ones they released in the past. (those were basicly statues) and these figures look better to.

Reaction score

looks more like an interesting wood craft then a fig based off a droid in a CG cartoon.. still very interesting. lol.

Reaction score

I think this one is the most realistic of them all. I think it looks like the best battle droid they have made. Although I really liked the POTJ version (I think that one was red - security?). I may buy a few of this version.

Reaction score

From what I've seen so far this seems to be the best articulated Battle Droid since the Episode 1 line (and may even be more articulated than those). A few of these will be joining the Droid gang.

Reaction score

I really like this style of Droid as well. Just as long it isn't as flimsy as the ones we've been getting as of late. And I ever so hope for repaints and such.

Reaction score

Though I don't believe I'll be getting the animated line, Depending on my final, in hand inspection,of the battle droid, I may end up squading these guys. There is definatly potential here, even with animated form, they may end up being better than the inferior 2 pack versions.

Bring on the repaints!!!

Reaction score

If the heads are swappable with realistic Battle Droids, I may consider getting these. I may even dremel out the crappy two pack ones, if it comes to that.

Reaction score

Cramer said:
Now look, all the figures are 100% animated and the battle droid looks 100% movie realistic.

Someones drinking drano.
Maybe it's you, if you think that looks 100% movie realistic. From the short 'nose' to the different proportions on most parts (calves, for instance), it's hardly "realistic". It's just fairly detailed compared to what a droid based on the Microseries would probably be, and has kinda realistic paint apps with nice weathering & all.

I was glad to see the show pics, showing he does have his standard blaster rifle. The slideshow image kinda hid it behind the launcher (and, if I'm seeing this correctly, the blaster's BACKWARDS behind the launcher, judging by the way the grip in his hand looks)

Hope those knees are functional, hope it can stand well, and hope it's a fun figure. I'll probably get a few then. But more than anything else, I hope we get a movie-style BD with tons of articulation before another 2 years go by. They CAN do it, all their excuses are bogus.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Maybe it's you, if you think that looks 100% movie realistic.
It isn't just him. At first glance it did look realistic to me as well. After some others have pointed out the discrepancies I guess I can see them, but maybe I'm not as nitpicky (and I truly mean that with no disrespect to anyone - I'm as anal and nitpicky as you can get when about certain things.)

I like these and I think they look great. Best battle droids I've seen since the two I got from TPM and want to add several to my collection (and hope for red stripes, yellow stripes, blue stripes, maroon deco, kashyyyk deco, etc...)

Reaction score

Can't remember which site, but it looks as if one of the pics has the cw battle droid with well hidden ball-hinge shoulder joints.
I like the overall look of this figure. I think out of all the cw figures we've seen, it looks the most realistic.

Reaction score

From the pictures, being all there is to go on right now, I think this looks pretty good. As stated before, as long at it can stand under its own weight, I will probably have to add these to my droid forces.