Battle Droid - Movie Heroes

GNT

Reaction score
New pictures have surfaced of a Movie heroes Battle Droid, thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
I can't tell for certain, but the sculpt's upper body looks a bit like the animated version.

Don't see the point of this being a single carded release. Usually a blast apart Battle Droid is the pack-in with another figure.

I always imagined a single carded Trade Federation PK Worker Droid would come with a battle damaged Battle Droid.

ZX3

Reaction score
At least it's a seemingly new sculpt.
Maybe Movie Heroes will finally start to find its footing as the dibstinctly different sub line that is core characters, lower cost, less articulation and more play features (amd not just repeats in different packaging).

Reaction score
The chest looks bulky to me. Is there a switch on the lower half that "punches" the upper half off?

Reaction score
So after this and Gonk we can expect to see every droid re-done with it's, to quote 3PO, "parts showing"?

No thanks.

GNT

Reaction score
I think the Battle Droid is ok for battle damage, it can always be used in scenes where Battle Droids are destroyed by Jedi etc, so there's some potential in it.

Reaction score
So after this and Gonk we can expect to see every droid re-done with it's, to quote 3PO, "parts showing"?

No thanks.
That's actually been my initial theory as well. I wonder if the interior parts showing are removable. If not, the battle damage wouldn't really work for droids who were cut down by a Lightsaber, since those tend to create a clean slice.

Reaction score
I avoided the TVC one, and I'll probably avoid this too! But again, nice that it's SLIGHTLY different, and not just the double pack again. (Although that was better value for money)

Reaction score
Well, the torso definitely looks off.

And you gotta give it to Hasbro. Ever since 2007 Hasbro has been releasing the same Battle Droid mold that used to be the SAGA Deluxe C-3PO's pack-in. But at least back then they gave us two for the price of one basic figure (and with a nice Kashyyyk camo pattern, too).
But now they're literally screwing with their customers by releasing a figure that, although newly sculpted, was originally meant to be nothing more than a pack-in figure with the SAGA Deluxe Mace Windu.

Ever since the 2010 Saga Legends SA Battle Droids being released as a two-pack, there is no excuse to release a non-SA Battle Droid by itself and charge a regular figure's price for it.
Especially not one with only 5 points of articulation which no Battle Droid used to have outside the Deluxe C-3PO Pack-in until 2007's Kashyyyk Battle Droids.

Reaction score
I like the original 1999 one best.
Sturdy plastic and not a midget.
POTJ red security markings one is good too.

Reaction score

And you gotta give it to Hasbro. Ever since 2007 Hasbro has been releasing the same Battle Droid mold that used to be the SAGA Deluxe C-3PO's pack-in. But at least back then they gave us two for the price of one basic figure (and with a nice Kashyyyk camo pattern, too).
But now they're literally screwing with their customers by releasing a figure that, although newly sculpted, was originally meant to be nothing more than a pack-in figure with the SAGA Deluxe Mace Windu.

Ever since the 2010 Saga Legends SA Battle Droids being released as a two-pack, there is no excuse to release a non-SA Battle Droid by itself and charge a regular figure's price for it.
Especially not one with only 5 points of articulation which no Battle Droid used to have outside the Deluxe C-3PO Pack-in until 2007's Kashyyyk Battle Droids.
I like the original 1999 one best.
Sturdy plastic and not a midget.
POTJ red security markings one is good too.
I'm with you guys 2 billion % I'm not a big battle droid fan, but those 5 poa versions are terrible; I once bought a lot of the green versions off ebay because I didn't know how bad the articulation was :|

I'll never understand why they strayed away from the original version. It was almost an SA figure.

Reaction score

This one look to be all new, actually, not the deluxe Windu one.
(Windu one split below the torso, not the middle, also lacked footpegs...which is very frustrating since it can't stand up well).

Single carded, yeah. Actually the Theed Power Generator playset droid had 5 points (i think it was used for the foreing release bonus Battle Droids, too). The Theed Hanger Battle droid didn't even have poseable arms...but it was really a prop for the remote Qui-Gon to knock over.. The mini Trade Federation scout tank pilot had 5 points.

Not that I'm defending Hasbro. The C-3PO Deluxe Battle Droid mold sucks and it made from way too soft a plastic, it's hard to get them to stand up and their limbs warp.

I'm bummed we never got the last Legends 2-pack in khaki. I bought a lot of the red ones.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This one look to be all new, actually, not the deluxe Windu one.
(Windu one split below the torso, not the middle, also lacked footpegs...which is very frustrating since it can't stand up well).
You missed my point. I know it's a new sculpt. I just meant that back in 2002 a figure like this only warranted as a Deluxe figure's pack-in.
Jump forward ten years and Hasbro is charging us a basic figure's price for this. And let's not even get started on the price inflation that happened between those ten years.

Reaction score
Spotted this and the lightup Sandtrooper at a big box retailer in Mexico on the green Yoda cards, I was looking for the lightup Anakin but he was not there. They were $163 MXP (~$13 USD).

Reaction score
Spotted this and the lightup Sandtrooper at a big box retailer in Mexico on the green Yoda cards, I was looking for the lightup Anakin but he was not there. They were $163 MXP (~$13 USD).
Nice, Wish I could find them, would love to have the light up Sandtrooper!