Battle Droid Clone Wars (Walmart Exclusive)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing a Battle Droid based off the old Clone Wars 2D show in the Vintage Collection in 2022 and will be a Walmart exclusive. Thoughts on seeing this figure?

Hasbro revealed today several additions to its popular 6-inch Star Wars: The Black Series and 3.75-inch Star Wars: The Vintage Collection lines devoted solely to Genndy Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars 2D Micro Series, a beloved show from the early 2000s that explored the time between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Known for its kinetic style, the Clone Wars 2D Micro-Series introduced major characters like General Grievous and would also inspire the long-running and critically-acclaimed Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series.

Who will be picking this one up?D5EF0F0C-3D24-4453-8C4C-BECF8950B4EC.jpeg

Reaction score
MSRP is $13.99 ($13.49 on website). Available for pre-order HERE. On-shelf Spring 2022 (March 1st).

Press Images

VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-4-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Carded-1.jpg

VC-Battle-Droid-TCW-Micro-Lucasfilm-50th-Anniversary-Loose-1.jpg

Reaction score
I ordered one because there’s always room for more Battle Droids. But honestly, I kinda hate this sculpt and wish they would update it to be definitive. The articulation is insufficient and the plastic is too rubbery and bendy.

Hasbro has been knocking it out of the park with new sculpts (Boba Fett, Bo-Katan, TCW Maul, Stormtrooper, Moff Gideon, Kuiil, so many others…) Give the iconic Battle Droid the much needed update that it deserves!

Reaction score
honestly i wish i had bought more of the CW animated battle droids. they may not have been entirely accurate, but at least they were robust enough to stand well.

bac

Reaction score
^ My take is yes, this color is unique to the animation and not a perfect substitution for the red BD's on Geonosis.