Baton Rouge Star Wars Collector's Club

Reaction score
Baton Rouge Star Wars Collector\'s Club

I just wanted to make a general post about the Baton Rouge Star Wars Collector's Club (Red Stick Rebellion) that meets every first Saturday of each month. We cover everything Star Wars related from vintage to modern. We'd love to have you come and check out our organization. To learn more about the group, check out www.bastcastle.com.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Re: Baton Rouge Star Wars Collector\'s Club

Our next meeting is this Sunday, February 4, 2007 at the Goodwood Library in Baton Rouge, 12pm to 4pm. Visit the bastcastle.com website for directions and more info.
Thanks,

Jonathan

Reaction score

Hey Jonathan! Thanks for all the work on the board - now I'm going to make good with my promise to be here too. I just wanted everyone that checks here to know make sure and notice that the meeting on on Sunday (yeah - I know it's Superbowl Sunday - but it's not until later) and that the library will not actually be open at 12 - so just look for a bunch of people just standing around in front of the library. Also, the website has changed and the Red Stick Rebellion now has it's own site now located at http://www.redstickrebellion.com - so be sure and come by the meeting Sunday if you can, maybe we'll be able to find some of the new Wave 9 figures in our hunt!

Wayne

Reaction score

Looks like our next meeting will be May 5th at the Goodwood Library in Baton Rouge. Anyone in the surrounding B.R. area interested in Star Wars, come on! We'd love to meet our fellow collectors in the area and discuss our favorite subject.

Jonathan

Reaction score

Thanks Jonathan!

Just to reiterate what Jonathan mentioned - the next meeting will be on 5/5 at the Goodwood library. At the next meeting are going to talk about the coming Celebration IV with a look at everything that will be waiting for those going. So if you're planning to go to Los Angeles - make sure to come by! And if you're not - we will of course have our normal discussion, trading and more. Be sure and visit the re-designed Red Stick Rebellion website now at http://www.redstickrebellion.com - check out the poll now on the site and let us know what day of the week is better for you to attend meetings! Hope to see you there!

Wayne

Reaction score

Hey everyone,

Sorry it took me a while - but the meeting information from the May 5th meeting is now on the website, plus the "Previous Meeting" page has been redesigned to make it easier to use. We had a great turn out so thanks to everyone that made it! The presentation on Celebration IV has been posted with the meeting pictures on the site, so if you are going to Celebration IV and missed the presentation - or just want to see it again - you can find it by going to: http://www.redstickrebellion.com/Meetings/Index.aspx?id=20070505 .

Reaction score

Next meeting is on June 2nd at the Goodwood Library at 2pm. This will be a chance for all of us who didn't go to C4 to see the loot those who did attend bring back. Also all the regular Star Wars jive and fellowship we nerds hold so dear to ourselves. Hope to see you there.

Jonathan

Reaction score

Hey everyone! Just wanted to tell everybody that not only will the next meeting be a post-Celebration event like Jonathan said - but the website has been updated for Celebration IV! If you go to http://www.redstickrebellion.com/Photos/CelebrationIV/ you'll be able to read and see what we've been up to in Los Angeles each day! We'll be updating it every day (it may be late at night - but we'll try!) so even if you can't go - you can see what's going on at C4! So be sure and stop by during and after the convention and to those that are going to C4 - we'll see you there!

Wayne

Reaction score

Well, we had 5 members that made it to Celebration 4 in Los Angeles and we had a blast! So much so that we had to push the meeting back a week from last Saturday - to this coming Saturday (6/9). The website has also been updated and has the pictures Tommy and I took while at C4, you can find them here. Hope to see you all at the next meeting where we'll talk about C4 and our next planned trip.

Reaction score

Hey everyone! We had another great turn out for the post-C4 meeting and we're getting ready to go to the Dallas Comic-Con next weekend (6/30 - 7/1). Plus, in Fort Worth, the "Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit will be on display - so we're making a two-for-one trip. On Saturday we'll be going to the Con and on Sunday we'll be at the exhibit. If you want to join us, you can find information here about when we're leaving, where we're staying and when we will be at each event so even if you can't make it up there with us and are going - let us know! Then the next Saturday (7/7) will be our next meeting. Hope to see you there!

Reaction score

So I believe our next meeting is scheduled for Saturday, September 8th at 2pm at the Goodwood Library. Check out redstickrebellion.com for more details.

Jonathan