Baton Rouge collectors!! Anything new????

Reaction score
Anyone out there??? Just wondering if we can start some dialogue here, you know, help each other out. Anybody seen anything new around town? Target exclusive clone trooper? I know the Cortana Wal-Mart has the newer Deluxe wave (Vadar on operating table, Yoda, Clone Trooper). Any others?
Pedro

Reaction score
Target on Seigen has figures now in:

__ III-33: Clone Commander (Battle Gear!) 1
__ III-34: Clone Pilot (Firing Cannon!) 1
__ III-35: Palpatine (Lightsaber Attack!) 1 (red saber only)
__ III-36: General Grievous (Exploding Body!) 1
__ III-37: Vader's Medical Droid (Chopper Droid) 2
__ III-38: AT-TE Tank Gunner (Clone Army) 2
__ III-39: Polis Massan (Medic) 2
__ III-40: Mas Amedda (Republic Senator) 2

They shelved the "only case" of Target Exclusive Clone Troopers Monday. You can always try and see if they'll have any more. Let me know if you spot anything post-40 or any of the new deluxe's at the Siegen or O'Neil Wal-Marts. Give me your name and e-mail too so I can get you on my mailing list.

Reaction score
By the way, we're trying to get some local boards set up so we can keep everything up-to-date on what's where.

Reaction score
Great heads up. Went by first thing this morning and picked up 35-40. I was actually lucky enough to score a blue saber Palpy 2 weeks ago, so the red saber is nice addition. As of yesterday, Cortana has Yoda can cell and Clone trooper deluxe. Vader is completely gone. We all know Wally World is famous for not restocking. We'll have to see...

Pedro

Reaction score
If you happen to spot an extra blue Palpy pick it up for me and I'll pay you back and then a little extra. I'm in desperate need of one. Likewise with #2 Dooku variation. I'll also trade a clone trooper for a Blue Palpy + #2 Dooku together.

Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open. I actually got my 2 blue sabers in the booming metropolis of Opelousas, but promised one to a friend who was able to snag me a CIII Vadar at the Celebration a couple of weeks back.
Pedro

Reaction score
Almost forgot. Spotted new deluxe wave at O'Neal Wal-Mart. From the looks of it they've got quite a few. Anyone seen the new 12" figs anywhere????
Pedro

Reaction score
I finally got the #2 Dooku variation but I'm still looking for that blue Palpy. Keep your eyes open.
Thanks for the tip about O'Neil Wal-Mart, I'll head out there this weekend, I need Vader on Med Table.

Reaction score
Hey! I'm from Baton Rouge! This is pretty cool. I just got my first Master Replicas lightsaber but I got it as a gift for my brother who just graduated from UL-Lafayette. Now I'm hooked and want to get some for myself.

Reaction score
Just got a tip post-41 is showing up at Target on Siegen. Stay tuned.

Reaction score
Just found #41-#44 and the new 12" figs at Cortana Wal-Mart today. Looked like a few still there. Also plenty of #36-#40 if you haven't found these yet.
Pedro

Reaction score
Yep that's what I've been told, but that's a helluva drive for me since I'm in the Jones Creek/Woodlawn area. The only thing in my area is O'Neal/Seigen Wal-Mart and Seigen Target. I was able to get Vader on Surgery Table and Wookie Warrior today at Seigen Target, but no sign of the other 41+ there. Someone must have scooped em up.

Reaction score
Noticed something interesting today at Seigen WalMart. I found ROTS Unleashed figs on their CLEARANCE isle. I sure hope this is not a sign of things to come. That line is one of the best things going. Now I have anxiety about finding the next wave of figures . BTW, the figures were priced at $8 in case someone, somewhere hasn't gotten these yet.
Pedro

Reaction score
New Force Battle figs at College Dr. Wal-Mart. Hope this helps...
Pedro

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else is out there, but I'll continue to post my latest finds anyway. FINALLY found #48-50 AND new unleashed figs at Target today. Sadly, looks like I found the last ones available. Hopefully this is good news and we'll see them in higher quantities. Still no luck with Tarkin wave.
Anyone able to snag these anywhere?
Pedro

Reaction score
I'll pick up the torch, nothing much, did see the metal figs at the Wal-mart at Cortana, also found orange clone at O'neal wal-mart.

Go ahead and post if anyone is out there.

Reaction score
I'll tell you what I saw at the Cortana WalMart... Wave 3 figures (minus Scorch and the Clone) ALL heavily crushed by hand, on purpose... Nice one
... Wave 1 and 2 figs were untouched.

Reaction score
I saw that too, but didn't really care about the figs. Nice to see there is an idiot around here.

Saw titanium figs at Target on Millerville, that's about it though. Landed an orange clone about a week ago at O'neal, still have yet to see a scorch.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm from Michigan and usually post in that section; but, I was in Baton Rouge this weekend and decided to swing by the Walmart near my hotel (it was the Hampton Inn on Continental off of the College exit) I couldn't believe it, they had nothing! No star wars merchandise whatsoever. Now, I don't know if they were changing around their department and it was all in the back; but I didn't see anything.
On the other hand, your city was very nice and the wedding I attended was at the Magnolia Mound Plantation ... very cool
Thought I'd just give ya heads up and see if you knew what was going on

Reaction score
I scored some of the coruscant wave at the target on millerville. I in Mississippi but I have family in BR so i get to check out the stores occasionally. On another note I made a trip for a meeting in Lafeyette and did really good. Finished genosis wave and plus found several orange clones, but no cody..... later

Reaction score
Hey everyone, welcome the newest lurker. I'm posting because a few of us are trying to get a bunch of the Baton Rouge area collectors together to talk about collecting, who's found what and where and more. It's 4/9 at 2pm at the Goodwood Library so if you can make it - come on by! Hope to see you there.

Reaction score
If you're at the library and a smoking cannister comes rolling into the room, just ignore it...

Just kidding. I can't make it, but have a good time

Reaction score
Do you guys only collect modern or vintage as well? I collect only the vintage MOC figures, but would still be interested in joining a collector's club in the area. I currently live Northshore.

Reaction score
I am currently focused mostly on collecting the modern items - but I do check to find anything that's vintage that would help fill out my collection from then. If you'd like to come by, we'd be glad to see you - I know it's quite a trek from the Northshore - but we'd be glad to see you! Our next meeting is scheduled for 5/6 at the Goodwood Library in Baton Rouge. You can find a map and more information at http://www.bastcastle.com/castlehome.aspx, so anyone interested - please come by if you can!

Reaction score
Yah I seen your paper about the meet on the pegs but I had to work.
Keep me posted on your next one and I'll try to make it.
Walmart at cortana
and in baker have all of the new villians wave, I got the cody and UGH scorch from both stores. There was one at one store and one at the other. Bookoo orange troopers too.
peace out,
phenix

Reaction score
Glad to know people are seeing those in the stores. The next meeting is scheduled for June 3rd at 2pm - same place (the Goodwood Library). I'm going to try and post in here everytime there's a meeting coming, but you can also see announcements on my website at http://www.bastcastle.com/CastleHome.aspx - hope you can make the next one!

Reaction score
Found remnants of Tatooine wave at Target on millerville, left them, 6.64 each.

Reaction score
I just happen to be off this sunday.
I'll try and make it out. What will be the layout for this meet?
Trading, store finds, ect?

Reaction score
Is there a specific place in the library where you guys meet? I've never been there before; should I ask at the front desk, maybe? Thanks, Jonathan.

Reaction score
The Walmart in Denham Springs has all of the Lucus offer UGH figs except Luke.
They have around 15 Scouts a couple of greedos and about 10 hans, and 4 unleashed red shocktroopers, a few Han in Stormtrooper suit.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry it's been so long but I've been out of town and on jury duty

Phenix: The format of the meetings is very informal, we pretty much just discuss anything and everything anyone wants to bring up. In the future, we're going to start having presentations that focus on specific facets of collecting - but we're waiting for more people before we start doing that. We are still growning in members, but we hope to be able to make the meetings not only informational but a place for buying, selling and swapping - so if you have anything you want to sell or trade, bring it (or a list, pictures, etc.)! Store reports are great - any information you have can help other collectors so feel free to bring that too and to post it on the website (@ bastcastle.com, you'll need an account, but I'll validate it). Hope to see you on 7/1!

raven7dp: You can ask at the front desk and it's also on the board when you first walk in to the library. We are at the Goodwood branch, be sure and check the website @ http://www.bastcastle.com/CastleHome.aspx for a map if you need it.

Hope to see everyone this Saturday at the library!

Reaction score
Man, I was out of town on the first
and didn't even check this thred till today.
So that's 3 meets I've missed now

I will check out the site and be SURE not to miss the next one.
Thanks for the info and I will see you guys the next go-round for sure.

Finds:
Walker Wal-mart has
had quite a few of the latest wave that includes the Sandtrooper ect...

Reaction score
No problem Phenix. We are actually thinking about having an interim meeting during the week in about 2 weeks (around the 19th), plus our normal meeting on 8/5. We're hoping maybe some people who can't make it on the weekends might be able to make it during the week. I'll keep you posted on the date of the next meeting - and you'll get emails as well since I activated your account on the site.

For the next regularly scheduled meeting (8/5) - we're going to focus on the upcoming Celebration IV in Los Angeles and the "Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit coming to Texas.

Reaction score
Sounds good, let's do this.
See you guys soon

Phenix

wow! I just seen this picture of me my wife and daughter
on your site.
That's killer!
You was in the wrong line eh?

Reaction score
That's pretty awesome - I can't believe that's you! Yeah, when I showed up we didn't see the line on the other side of the building - or the sign with the auditorium numbers. Thank goodness, we were not in that line long before we realized that we needed to be on the other side! We had a blast over there - we took up pretty much all of the side street next to the building, talk about fun!

Our interim meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday, 7/18 at 6:30p.m. - if anyone can make it please come but we will have our next regular meeting on 8/5. Hope to see you there Phenix!

Reaction score
That was a fun night
for sure, we were on the news for a breif moment so I guess no matter which side we were on it was a blast.
See you soon bro,
peace
p

Reaction score
Hey everyone, our next regular meeting is coming up this Saturday and it's going to have information about the new ROTJ wave showing up in stores, C-IV, a trip to the Star Wars exhibit in Texas and more. Click here to read more, and we hope to see you at the meeting!

Reaction score
It's that time again - almost the beginning of another month so there's another Collectors Meeting coming! The next one is this weekend (9/2) at the Goodwood Library in Baton Rouge. We'll be having a feature about Vintage figures and collecting, plus a drawing and our usual discussion and more! So come by if you can make it - hope to see you there! Click here for more information.