Batman 89 Premium Format

Reaction score
That's incredible...but wow, really expensive. Does Hollywood Collectibles produce high-quality items?

Reaction score
That's incredible...but wow, really expensive. Does Hollywood Collectibles produce high-quality items?
I'm not familiar with them myself, I'm sure it will be a good quality piece though but I have no where to put it so it's a waste of time me getting it really. lol ;)

Reaction score
Tim Burton's 1989 Batman is going to be shown as part of the annual Digital Film Festival at Cineplex, the major commercial theater chain in Canada, beginning on February 1st. I'm quite tempted to attend. Seats are only $6 CAD. Would be fun to meet up with some fine folks from RS and take in the show, but alas, 'tis little more than a pipe dream.

Reaction score
I wonder why Sideshow removed the teaser image. :hmm: That cowl is ****** but the price puts it out of reach for me.

Reaction score
Tim Burton's 1989 Batman is going to be shown as part of the annual Digital Film Festival at Cineplex, the major commercial theater chain in Canada, beginning on February 1st. I'm quite tempted to attend. Seats are only $6 CAD. Would be fun to meet up with some fine folks from RS and take in the show, but alas, 'tis little more than a pipe dream.
I've just replaced my Batman DVDs with Blu ray versions, wanted to see if there was any difference in picture quality, not got round to watching them just yet though. :)

Reaction score
I wonder why Sideshow removed the teaser image. :hmm:
Because they suck.:p

I've just replaced my Batman DVDs with Blu ray versions, wanted to see if there was any difference in picture quality, not got round to watching them just yet though. :)
Did you buy the Batman Anthology Box Set? Or did you simply stick with the Burton originals?

Reaction score
Did you buy the Batman Anthology Box Set? Or did you simply stick with the Burton originals?
I bought the set, although I prefer Michael Keaton as Batman, I still rather liked the Val Kilmer film too, Tommy Lee Jones made the film for me. :) Not particularly fond of George Clooney's film but that was more down to Arnie's role & usually I'm a fan of his films. :)

Reaction score
I really want this, going to have to think long & hard about it as the space issue is a big one. lol ;) Glad it's finally going up for preorder though, knew it would be too long after Christmas. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, deathstar. Piece looks good overall, though I have a couple of quibbles: first, SS didn't quite nail Keaton's likeness; second - and I hate to bring this up, lol - the crotch area is underwhelming. I don't remember Keaton being that small in the movie.:p

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, deathstar. Piece looks good overall, though I have a couple of quibbles: first, SS didn't quite nail Keaton's likeness; second - and I hate to bring this up, lol - the crotch area is underwhelming. I don't remember Keaton being that small in the movie.:p
It's the likeness that's disappointed me..., I mean if NECA can produce a £70.00 plastic toy figure & nail it then I see no reason why Sideshow can't do the same, especially at that price. Can't justify paying $400.00 for something that isn't accurate, that's just me though. :(

Reaction score
I am a bit underwhelmed by it also. Something doesn't look right imo.. I think the likeness to Keaton works ok, it's really just a chin and mouth, but looks ok to me.. It's the legs on this model.. they kind of look stumpy and not ripped enough (meaning muscular), the belt seems to ride too high. From the belt up looks good, the boots look good, it's just the bit(s) in between that don't sit right.. They could be pyjama pants he's wearing, or a bottom half of a wetsuit (but not so much). I couldn't justify the cost on this one.. even though it kinda looks cool.. just doesn't cut the mustard for me.
I'd like to hear what mad batman fans have to say about it.

Reaction score
I am a bit underwhelmed by it also. Something doesn't look right imo.. I think the likeness to Keaton works ok, it's really just a chin and mouth, but looks ok to me.. It's the legs on this model.. they kind of look stumpy and not ripped enough (meaning muscular), the belt seems to ride too high. From the belt up looks good, the boots look good, it's just the bit(s) in between that don't sit right.. They could be pyjama pants he's wearing, or a bottom half of a wetsuit (but not so much). I couldn't justify the cost on this one.. even though it kinda looks cool.. just doesn't cut the mustard for me.
I'd like to hear what mad batman fans have to say about it.
I think you could've nailed it for me there..., it does look a bit odd to have a well sculpted mid section & not carry that on to his legs too.

Reaction score
His quads are underdeveloped, his package is too small, and his likeness to Keaton is tenuous, at best.

Reaction score
Since when could he turn his head like that? That's another thing throwing it off for me. It's always great to see a new Keaton Batman collectible but this one is disappointing, especially for that price. The figures from Hot Toys and Neca are more accurate.

Reaction score
I can't justify spending that kind of money on something I'm not completely happy with, gonna have to pass on this one..., real shame as I honestly thought this was going to be the ultimate Keaton Batman collectible. :(

Reaction score
Very disappointed in this, if they cut the top half off and made it into a bust I'd be interested, but I agree with DarthDad, the bottom half looks like he's wearing Pajamas or sweat pants, and I'm not keen on the coming down the stairs like a fashion model pose.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Potentially one of the most awesome collectibles in recent memory, and Sideshow completely dropped the ball. What a crushing disappointment.

Reaction score
Potentially one of the most awesome collectibles in recent memory, and Sideshow completely dropped the ball. What a crushing disappointment.
It definitely sucks, although I've decided to stop buying the bigger statues now..., I had planned on making an exception for this statue BUT I just look at it & think NO now. :(

Reaction score
It's not worth the $400. With a $40 non-refundable deposit, there is no way I'm ordering this thing.

Reaction score
It's not worth the $400. With a $40 non-refundable deposit, there is no way I'm ordering this thing.
I was expecting it to be around the $400.00 mark as that's where premium format statues seem to be at now (unfortunately) but I was also expecting to be 'wowed' by this statue..., that didn't happen though so there's no way I can justify spending $400.00 on a disappointment. :(

Reaction score
I'm hoping the Wonder Woman PF due later doesn't have the same 'not quite' right look to it. I'm hoping for a 'smash it out of the park' look and feel to it.. makes me wonder how sales are going for the batman, are SS aware that percentages are not happy with the final product?
Nothing worse than having great expectations dashed..

Reaction score
Sideshow should pull this crappy PF and go back to the drawing board.

Reaction score
^
Cant see that happening.. they have much $ invested in that now..
At a guess though, I reckon in 6 months there is a strong possibility of a half-price sale on it though..

Would you buy if it was half the price?

Reaction score
^
Cant see that happening.. they have much $ invested in that now..
At a guess though, I reckon in 6 months there is a strong possibility of a half-price sale on it though..

Would you buy if it was half the price?
Good question. Even at half the price, it would still be pretty expensive. I might, depending on my financial situation at the time. Would you?

Reaction score
If it was to turn up in a sale then maybe I'd get it BUT it would need something in front of it to hide anything below the belt line I think. :(

Reaction score
Maybe they will make a Batman Returns PF Batman and atone for this monstrosity.:p

Reaction score
Maybe they will make a Batman Returns PF Batman and atone for this monstrosity.:p
I made a point of watching Batman & Batman Returns today, I think the main problem regarding detailing with any statue is if you watch either of the films..., they are both really dark so you never really see Batman's outfit properly. I did catch glimpses & could ascertain that the legs weren't are that detailed at all in the first film but they seemed more so in the second film..., jut as in the first film he has proper defined abs but in the second film they are less so.

Still not fond of the legs on the statue but I can now say I can at least see why they have made it this way..., I'm pondering whether it's worth buying & having my 1:6 scale Val Kilmer Batman statue in front of it for display?!?