Batman 89 Premium Format

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Think this thing will be less than $399?

Oooh...and I want an Alexander Knox PF figure. Or maybe Carl Grissom. Even Bob the Goon.

Reaction score
Looks awesome. Think this thing will be less than $399?

Oooh...and I want an Alexander Knox PF figure. Or maybe Carl Grissom. Even Bob the Goon.
I hope so but given the iconic nature of the statue I can see Sideshow jacking the price up. I am interested to see what the base looks like.

Reaction score
Yeah. Probably $450. *sigh*

What do you think the exclusive will be?

Reaction score
That would be awesome. When does this thing go up for pre-order?
No word yet. Usually when Sideshow drop a sneak peek it means the full reveal and then pre-order is the following week, but not on this occasion. I guess they could be saving as part of their 12 Days of Sideshow event this Christmas.

Btw I was thinking more about the possible EX and I could see a switch out arm with the zip-line gun from the museum sequence that spawned the classic "Where does he get those wonderful toys!?" line. :D

Reaction score
That probably means that we'll have to wait until 2015 for this thing to actually ship.:(

I definitely want a Jack Nicholson Joker PF figure to compliment the Batman PF. An obvious exclusive would be an alternate head featuring a beret and a face sculpt with smeared flesh-colored makeup (from the aforementioned museum scene).

Reaction score
I ordered the Neca 18" (1:4 scale) 1989 Batman figure earlier today..., £77.99 for a pretty big figure was a bargain I thought. :) I was just about to buy the 1:6 scale Hot Toys 12" inch figure too when I noticed this premium format thread..., Michael Keaton will always be Batman for me & to have 2 1:4 scale examples of him is definitely far more appealing than buying a smaller scale figure so now I'll be waiting for this to be released. :)

Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

*wake me when this thing goes up for pre-order*

Reaction score
^
You could be sleeping some time then.. only to be woken by a handsome prince after a long wintertime slumber..
Imo, the Keaton batman of '89 looks like the classic worthy of the spend, and Sarah... your prayers have been answered, if you check out sideshow's '12 days of christmas' previews, you should find that Nicholson's joker is slated for perhaps some time in the new year..1:6 scale only though..

I want Wonder Woman PF though!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I saw the thread bumped I thought the statue had been fully unveiled as part of the 12 days of Christmas.

Reaction score
When I saw the thread bumped I thought the statue had been fully unveiled as part of the 12 days of Christmas.
Theres still time, only on day 3. :) & I'm reliably informed buy a retailer that it'll be sold through their website shortly so I'm guessing the wait is near an end (well the preorder wait anyway). :)

Reaction score
5 days left and I'm tired of waking up each morning only to be treated to a stocking full of coal. Are you reading this, Sideshow? I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.:p

Reaction score
5 days left and I'm tired of waking up each morning only to be treated to a stocking full of coal. Are you reading this, Sideshow? I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now.:p
Now this one I'm getting for sure..., Michael Keaton is Batman for me & although I've recently bought the 18" Neca figure which looks superb & has a great likeness to him, the Sideshow statue would be 10X better I'm sure..., it'll be preordered as soon as my retailer sticks it on his website & when I spoke to him before Christmas he said it wouldn't be long before it'd be listed so I do hope he's not been misinformed & I'm hopeful Batman will put in an appearance before the 12 days are up, I just hope it's not a case of saving the best for last because I want some movement on this already!!! ;)

Reaction score
Just one day left. Today's reveal was Batman related, so I still hold out a small measure of hope that we will at least get a more comprehensive preview of the 1989 Batman PF figure, if not a pre-order opportunity.

Reaction score
Today's announcement squashed my hopes for the 1989 Batman premium format statue, I doubt they'll be doing 2 Batman notifications 2 days in a row. :( & they said we'd get more Star Wars on Facebook..., that was after the McQuarrie announcement BUT since then they did announce the Hoth Han 1:6 scale figure so that could be all they were talking about I guess?!? I'm still not particularly impressed though but at least Hot Toys finally gave us the release date for Starboost/Gemini (Iron Man) so it's not been a total loss.

Reaction score
I guess the 1989 Batman PF will go up for preorder around the same time that Celebrity Authentics completes its Michael Keaton private signing (which is to say, never). So disappointed in Sideshow right now. The 12 Days of Sideshow have been remarkably underwhelming, IMO.

Reaction score
I guess the 1989 Batman PF will go up for preorder around the same time that Celebrity Authentics completes its Michael Keaton private signing (which is to say, never). So disappointed in Sideshow right now. The 12 Days of Sideshow have been remarkably underwhelming, IMO.
I agree but I have to admit I thought it was naff last year too really..., I'd been hoping for this & a Mythos statue announcement though so kept an eye on it more this time round, what a waste of time that was. lol & Star Wars wise, very disappointed too..., I was expecting something move than a vaige 'we are going to make some stuff by McQuarrie' but I guess being nonspecific gives them room for movement & I'm not sure yet that maybe the McQuarries are going to be the next Mythos statues, it'd be great if they were though. :)

Reaction score
To Sideshow, I say the following: Bah Humbug!!:twisted:
I was really disappointed with Sideshow's 12 days of Christmas for the 3rd year in a row now, I was especially irritated when with 4 days to go they announce they'd been saving the best till last..., well the last 4 things held no interest for me at all so that bugged me plenty. :( On the up side I do think this Batman statue will get a preorder date soon BUT it's the next wave of Mythos statues that's bugged me the most, really thought there'd be some movement on it..., guess maybe now the next chance of some news will be SDCC..., flipping ages away. :(

Reaction score
I agree with you both, this year was incredibly disappointing, just a lot of Sideshow saying "Hey! look at all the licenses we have!" with no substance or details. I felt sure this statue would be revealed in all it's glory but in truth bar day 1 with the Wonder Woman PF reveal, the rest was utterly vague and dull.

Reaction score
I agree with you both, this year was incredibly disappointing, just a lot of Sideshow saying "Hey! look at all the licenses we have!" with no substance or details. I felt sure this statue would be revealed in all it's glory but in truth bar day 1 with the Wonder Woman PF reveal, the rest was utterly vague and dull.
I'm knockng Sideshow on the head now collectibles wise..., if they make anymore Mythos statues I'll take a look but other than that I'll not be buying anything else they make, it's nothing bad on their part, I've just had to make decisions & decide what's really important to me to collect..., limited space means premium format statue are really just impractical (although I really want this one) & I'm not really a fan of the figures so I'm selling mine on..., going to concentrate on Gentle Giant & Attakus mainly now. I think the best bet with the next 12 days of Christmas will be to ignore the event & if something interesting comes up we'll soon find out about it rather than going through the daily disappointment of vaige nothingness like this last event has been. :(

Reaction score
It felt more like 10 days of crap and then a couple of modestly cool reveals.

Reaction score
It felt more like 10 days of crap and then a couple of modestly cool reveals.
I agree..., the Star Wars vaige announcement was the only thing that actually interested me BUT it was so unspecific that it just leaves us speculating as to what will be made? :(

Reaction score
Yes, SS has some interesting licenses, but hasn't revealed that many *specific* upcoming releases. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I guess that means that the earliest we are likely to get a 1989 Batman PF figure is mid 2015. That sucks.

Reaction score
Yes, SS has some interesting licenses, but hasn't revealed that many *specific* upcoming releases. Needless to say I'm very disappointed. I guess that means that the earliest we are likely to get a 1989 Batman PF figure is mid 2015. That sucks.
Yeah, it does really..., it tends to take a year or sometimes just over that, from preorder date through to delivery & there's still no sign of Batman yet so we'll unfortunately not be seeing him this year BUT I'll be happier when the statue does finally go up for preorder because at least then he's on his way. :) & it'll be the last premium format statue I buy too, at least until I've got a new house anyway & a collection room. ;)

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the 1989 Batman PF teaser has been removed from Sideshow's site.:|

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the 1989 Batman PF teaser has been removed from Sideshow's site.:|
Oh no. :( Well that sucks..., I wonder what the decision behind that was then?!? I really hope they aren't shelving this statue again. The Hot Toys 1:6 scale figure sold out & several places that were stocking the newly released Neca 18" figure have sold out of that one too SO there is definitely a lot of love for Michael Keaton's Batman.

Reaction score
Indeed it does. It's torturous to reveal such a tantalizing preview to fans and then suddenly pull the image from the site without any explanation whatsoever.

Reaction score
Indeed it does. It's torturous to reveal such a tantalizing preview to fans and then suddenly pull the image from the site without any explanation whatsoever.
I'm definitely not happy about it..., there's another new 1989 Batman collectible going up for preorder shortly, just saw it on Direct Collectibles Facebook page. It's a 1:1 scale mask..., no Michael Keaton in it unfortunately but it looks pretty cool all the same. :)