Basic line done?

Reaction score
Since TFF only had TVC and 6" figures for sale does that mean the basic line is done and TROS will not be getting its own collection of figures?

Reaction score
Yes, for the first time, a Star Wars movie will not have a basic 3.75 line - we'll be left with whatever they squeeze into TVC. I predict a drop in sales, because I don't think 5 inch animated figures will do better than 3.75 basic. They're really alienating a lot of consumers with this move, which might backfire on them and hurt the brand. I know some collectors that focused on the basic line, some are sticking with TVC, others are leaving the hobby - none mentioned moving to another scale. Hasbro and more importantly, Disney, should know that many collectors are 3.75 or bust.

GNT

Reaction score
I pose it'll be a good thing in a way, it means Hasbro will have to release articulated figures in the Vintage Collection. The downside is they'll trickle into the line going forward so it might take some time.

Reaction score
others are leaving the hobby - none mentioned moving to another scale.
Absolutely. If the 3.75 scale dies, I'm completely out. I have no interest in the 6 inch line and anything worth having in the 12 inch scale is too expensive.

Reaction score
The basic line was cancelled at SDCC.
I was afraid that was the case.

Well, I guess I can just be happy that TROS will have some line of 3.75 figures. Now let's just hope that Hasbro actually puts all the significant characters in this collection. I'm still disappointed that there was no TLJ Holdo or Solo Dryden Vos (but I'm sure that has been brought up before).

Reaction score
Worst part is that some walmarts are clearing out the new Galaxy of adventures already...

Reaction score
I heard this on Zack Ryder's podcast this week and he was shocked. This feels like a Hasbro has realized they screwed up the line with the sequel characters. They screwed up by not releasing Han fast enough and then made it worse with no Leia or Luke in TFA. Last Jedi sat there because they didn't change the characters around in new costumes or accessories. They were basic reissued figures. Their constant refusal to make background figures was just dumb. I'm sorry to see the line go as it means Retro sets are probably dead now too.

Reaction score
Who knows, maybe lines like the GOA 5 inch assortment will fail hard, and there will be a rebirth of basic figures in the future? I don't think Retro is on hiatus as well though, they've only given positive indications, though no plans have been announced going forward. I'm curious to see if TVC can sustain the 3.75 collecting community, and any kids, casual fans, and gift givers that buy the scale.

Reaction score
It is a temporary thing IMO. The gold figs are this year's offering. By taking a year or 2 off they can come back at any price point, articulation and add ins and we can't compare. Those that care will just be happy that the figures are back.