Bantha

Reaction score
I think it’s likely that the Hasbro Star Wars team looks at this forum. Thus, I’m getting it started now. I presumptively speak for us all here when I say:

Dear Hasbro,
We would like a Bantha. We would like it available at retail. (Not any one store exclusively). We do not want to crowd fund it for silly extras. We would like it to come with one Tusken Raider. Said figure can be a repack. We would like it to have “fur.” We are willing to pay between $50-$100,
depending on size and quality.
Sincerely,
Your customer base

p.s. These terms are non-negotiable.

Reaction score
A Bantha/Tusken Raider at retail size/cost is a no brainer.
I would definitely get one, even though I own 5 Tusken Raiders and have no room.

Reaction score
I only display 1 of each figure to save space. Yet I still own 4 Tuskens 😂. That said I would def buy a bantha.

Reaction score
I own 4 Tusken Raiders. That's more than any other figure beside the latest, vanilla Stormtrooper. Even so, I would happily add a 5th Tusken Raider for a Bantha.

Reaction score
I love the Tusken Raider; it’s easily my favorite Black Series figure. Every time I found one of the recent Archive release, I bought one. (Which, considering the blink-and-they’re-sold-out scarcity of Black Series in my area, means I’ve got two. But anyway…)

I’d love to see Hasbro turn out the female Tusken, Tusken children, Massifs and, yes, a Bantha.

Give us a Bantha, Hasbro!

Reaction score
Here is some relevant information:

The Sandtrooper and Dewback set was released in 2017 for a retail price of $59.99. We all know costs have gone up since then, so I don't see a Tusken Raider and Bantha selling for any less.

What we need to know is how large a Bantha would be in comparison to the Dewback (Was the Dewback we received sized properly?).

@Oofa , do you have one of your handy charts to show us the size of the Bantha in relation to the Dewback?

Several people have said the Bantha is a bit larger (but is it as long?). If it is, that will drive the price up, too. Does anyone have any information (or interesting theories) on the cost of faux fur in comparison to molded and painted plastic?

All of these issues will dictate the price, but it seems reasonable to believe a Tusken Raider and Bantha set could be sold for under $100.

Worst case scenario: Make the set next year's PulseCon exclusive. Heroes of Endor sold for $109.99 and Cantina Showdown sold for $104.99. For that price, or not much more, I would expect a Massiff (it doesn't need to be very articulated) and an explosives pack (as seen in Episode 1 of Season 2 of The Mandalorian) in addition to the default saddle/harness/bags and Tusken Raider that come with the Bantha.

A wide retail release would be preferred, but it hasn't been difficult to purchase the PulseCon exclusives. Just make enough of them. I may want 2.

Edit: @Highnessness I would happily buy multiples of female and children Tuskens.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it’s likely that the Hasbro Star Wars team looks at this forum. Thus, I’m getting it started now. I presumptively speak for us all here when I say:

Dear Hasbro,
We would like a Bantha. We would like it available at retail. (Not any one store exclusively). We do not want to crowd fund it for silly extras. We would like it to come with one Tusken Raider. Said figure can be a repack. We would like it to have “fur.” We are willing to pay between $50-$100,
depending on size and quality.
Sincerely,
Your customer base

p.s. These terms are non-negotiable.

Can we negotiate a Tusken Raider with a soft goods skirt that can actually ride the Bantha at least?

Reaction score
Considering the price they're charging for the Rancor I seriously doubt they'd make a Bantha for only $50-100

Reaction score
Can we negotiate a Tusken Raider with a soft goods skirt that can actually ride the Bantha at least?

I think it's only fair; like what they had to do in the old POTF2 line: soft goods and differently-jointed legs and knees that allowed the figure to ride! Man, that was a great toy.

Reaction score
If they can't get a rancor funded I doubt they'd be able to do a bantha. The original bantha for the PotF line was the same price as the rancor that released at the same time.

Reaction score
I thought everyone agreed the BS6 Rancor was over priced?

And the bantha seems like it would be smaller than the rancor?
Compare an in scale six inch figure standing next to a bantha, based on this picture, the bantha would be what - 9-10, maybe 11 inches tall?
Alan-Fernandes-Tusken-Raider-Bantha.jpeg

And an even better comparison here:

2e7XV6HXAa2fYtbYT8toj4c0NdV6FlzQY2SjQYXVSqc.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
The bantha seems way more feasible as a 'deluxe' release.
And I think a LOT more people would buy them too.

The rancor is very 'one scene only' specific, whereas the bantha has been featured countless times through out the franchise.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
A Bantha at retail could work, since it’ll be just a bit bigger than a figure. they Could make the box retro like the POTF2 version

Reaction score
Here is some relevant information:

The Sandtrooper and Dewback set was released in 2017 for a retail price of $59.99. We all know costs have gone up since then, so I don't see a Tusken Raider and Bantha selling for any less.

What we need to know is how large a Bantha would be in comparison to the Dewback (Was the Dewback we received sized properly?).

@Oofa , do you have one of your handy charts to show us the size of the Bantha in relation to the Dewback?

Several people have said the Bantha is a bit larger (but is it as long?). If it is, that will drive the price up, too. Does anyone have any information (or interesting theories) on the cost of faux fur in comparison to molded and painted plastic?

All of these issues will dictate the price, but it seems reasonable to believe a Tusken Raider and Bantha set could be sold for under $100.

Worst case scenario: Make the set next year's PulseCon exclusive. Heroes of Endor sold for $109.99 and Cantina Showdown sold for $104.99. For that price, or not much more, I would expect a Massiff (it doesn't need to be very articulated) and an explosives pack (as seen in Episode 1 of Season 2 of The Mandalorian) in addition to the default saddle/harness/bags and Tusken Raider that come with the Bantha.

A wide retail release would be preferred, but it hasn't been difficult to purchase the PulseCon exclusives. Just make enough of them. I may want 2.

Edit: @Highnessness I would happily buy multiples of female and children Tuskens.

Ah, a missing spot on my chart. Thanks for reminding me :)
Here's my comparison. I have the Dewback and the Snowspeeder myself, so easy to compare those.
Rancor is based on official height of 5 meters. So the Haslab Rancor is a little taller. Edit: But not taller than the Snowspeeder.

dIXS5AF.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ah, a missing spot on my chart. Thanks for reminding me :)
Here's my comparison. I have the Dewback and the Snowspeeder myself, so easy to compare those.
Rancor is based on official height of 5 meters. So the Haslab Rancor is a little taller.

dIXS5AF.jpg
Thanks @Oofa !

The bantha is significantly taller than the dewback. I don't know if faux fur is more or less expensive than molded and painted plastic, but I think the price point for a bantha is going to be closer to the high end which was suggested ($100).

Hasbro should consider, though, that a bantha is cuter than a dewback (especially if they use faux fur). That alone will help sell more units.

Reaction score
If they can't get a rancor funded I doubt they'd be able to do a bantha. The original bantha for the PotF line was the same price as the rancor that released at the same time.

That Rancor didn't have 45 POA, though, and this Bantha could essentially still be a lump of plastic with fake hair glued on it and we'd buy it.

Also, it was featured in The Mandalorian.

Reaction score
I already shared this in the General Discussion thread, but I think it is relevant here, too. You can get 3D printed and painted massiffs for your Tusken Raider here:

They look really good, and something like them, with minor articulation, could easily be included with a bantha and Tusken Raider set, if Hasbro chose the PulseCon route.

Screenshot_20211208-074920_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211208-074912_Chrome.jpg

The HasLab rancor is dead, but I believe a retail or PulseCon bantha could be a success. Tie it into both the OT and The Mandalorian, and you have a winner!

Reaction score
Well... Din does have an opening for cute cuddly companion.

Based on that size chart and the price they wanted for the Rancor I don't expect them to release a Bantha for $100, even if it has the bare bones articulation I'd say closer to the $200 just because of how pricy the brand has gotten the past few years. They're now charging $150 for Slave-1 which at one time went for $90 and was packed in with another ship and four SA figures. A Bantha looks about the same size as that and would require all new tooling which is costly and have decent articulation which also cause an increase in price. So even if it was able to got to retail I suspect it would have to be around $175, and that's all dependent on how many they make. The lower the production run the higher the costs.

I'm curious what sort of articulation are people wanting/expecting this to have, swivel or BH head? BH shoulder, knees, ankles? Or could they get away with swivel shoulders, BH knees and no ankles? Also do you expect a rider to be included? Added costs there. Then there's the aspect of whether retail even wants such a thing at such a price, items such as this tend to go better over he Holiday season plus it also helps to have current media pushing sales.

If Hasbro can offer lower priced HasLabs like Victory Saber then surely they can offer a Bantha at $175-200 and offer one or two cheap unlocks, like either a Tusken chieftain, child, massif etc. just to make it feel complete. Retail just isn't what it was ten years or more ago and we've heard countless times that they cannot support large higher priced items so really don't see how plausible it is unless someone at Hasbro is passionate enough about Banthas to campaign for it at Walmart or Target.

Reaction score
Well... Din does have an opening for cute cuddly companion.

Based on that size chart and the price they wanted for the Rancor I don't expect them to release a Bantha for $100, even if it has the bare bones articulation I'd say closer to the $200 just because of how pricy the brand has gotten the past few years. They're now charging $150 for Slave-1 which at one time went for $90 and was packed in with another ship and four SA figures. A Bantha looks about the same size as that and would require all new tooling which is costly and have decent articulation which also cause an increase in price. So even if it was able to got to retail I suspect it would have to be around $175, and that's all dependent on how many they make. The lower the production run the higher the costs.

I'm curious what sort of articulation are people wanting/expecting this to have, swivel or BH head? BH shoulder, knees, ankles? Or could they get away with swivel shoulders, BH knees and no ankles? Also do you expect a rider to be included? Added costs there. Then there's the aspect of whether retail even wants such a thing at such a price, items such as this tend to go better over he Holiday season plus it also helps to have current media pushing sales.

If Hasbro can offer lower priced HasLabs like Victory Saber then surely they can offer a Bantha at $175-200 and offer one or two cheap unlocks, like either a Tusken chieftain, child, massif etc. just to make it feel complete. Retail just isn't what it was ten years or more ago and we've heard countless times that they cannot support large higher priced items so really don't see how plausible it is unless someone at Hasbro is passionate enough about Banthas to campaign for it at Walmart or Target.

We got the snowspeeder, with a Dak Ralter figure, in 2020 for $119.99. Hasbro could definitely do a retail release of the bantha, if they are inclined. At worst, make it a PulseCon exclusive.

The snowspeeder is larger than the bantha. I understand that the bantha would require articulation, and the snowspeeder doesn't have a bunch of movable parts. However, the bantha doesn't need to be over articulated, and think of all the tooling which went into the snowspeeder for its price. The bantha should save money on intricate tooling and Hasbro's infamous, expensive paint because much of its body will be covered in faux fur.

Reaction score
We got the snowspeeder, with a Dak Ralter figure, in 2020 for $119.99. Hasbro could definitely do a retail release of the bantha, if they are inclined. At worst, make it a PulseCon exclusive.

The snowspeeder is larger than the bantha. I understand that the bantha would require articulation, and the snowspeeder doesn't have a bunch of movable parts. However, the bantha doesn't need to be over articulated, and think of all the tooling which went into the snowspeeder for its price. The bantha should save money on intricate tooling and Hasbro's infamous, expensive paint because much of its body will be covered in faux fur.
Hahaha, did I really pay $120 for the snow speeder in 2020? Back when things were in the black and money was no issue.
I'd forgotten.

Honestly, I'd trade back my snow speeder for a bantha, right this minute.
Tusken Raiders are one of the top ten Star Wars related figures.
I agree, the bantha would barely need any articulation at all.
It just sort of shuffles along in the movies, it's not like it's involved in many wild action scenes.

Reaction score
I think that it’s now been objectively proven that people don’t think the black series is premium enough of a line to drop $200 or more on a single item. For that price, the market is Hot Toys’ domain.

The barge, I believe, is an outlier. It was the first Star Wars Haslab. It was a never before produced item. It also had the added benefit of years of superb Jabba-related figures to populate it with.

The Rancor failed because of its price. Full stop. At $200 it would have succeeded, crappy unlocks and all.

The bantha can be successful as a straight remake of the 3.75 version. I have one. It’s a phenomenal figure. Swivel legs. Maybe add some ankle swivel? That’s all. What kind of pose are you really gonna put it in? Add in a guy to ride on.

I also understand we are in a post-Toys R Us world and a post-COVID world where inflation and supply chain issues changed everything. Don’t really care. I’ll pay $100. Or I won’t buy. I bet more people would agree with me than would drop $200 on a bantha. It’s up to Hasbro to figure out where their market is. They tried to set said market with a $350 rancor. I’m not mad at them for trying, but it didn’t work. They should regroup and adjust or risk the bulk of collectors passing on items they would normally buy at a lower price and losing interest in a hobby that used to be an affordable pastime.

Reaction score
However, the bantha doesn't need to be over articulated, and think of all the tooling which went into the snowspeeder for its price. The bantha should save money on intricate tooling and Hasbro's infamous, expensive paint because much of its body will be covered in faux fur.
Forget that noise, I want an elephant under that Bantha fur!