Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Coz

Reaction score
Mando kits all sold out on Amazon. Just the non metallic Razor Crest is left. Still available at BBTS for now.

Reaction score
I've had K2SO on preorder with BBTS for like 6 months. What gives? Do I actually stand a chance of getting this one or should I just cancel my preorder and forget about it?

Coz

Reaction score
I've had K2SO on preorder with BBTS for like 6 months. What gives? Do I actually stand a chance of getting this one or should I just cancel my preorder and forget about it?
I have him preordered also. Along with many others. I'm going to wait till the end of the year at least. The after market prices are just stupid.

Reaction score
I have him preordered also. Along with many others. I'm going to wait till the end of the year at least. The after market prices are just stupid.

Yeah, and I really want to replace that weak legged top heavy Black Series version so maybe I should just let it ride...

Coz

Reaction score
Yeah, and I really want to replace that weak legged top heavy Black Series version so maybe I should just let it ride...
There's one on ebay right now for $50 free shipping. Which as far as secondary market goes, might be the lowest I've seen.

Reaction score
I walked into a Barnes & Noble a little while ago and they had one K2 model kit for retail. Snatched it up and made a sacrifice to the god of droids for their blessing. I think the only other Star Wars kits they had were a Stormtrooper Han and Vader.

Reactions: Coz
Reaction score
Here is another source to get Bandai Star Wars models. Star Wars - USA Gundam Store. They only take pre-orders on items are are new. All others kits would be in stock for ordering (for how long the inventory lasts) when it gets to them. They are based in Florida and the price is a few dollars cheaper than BBTS, but the shipping is more (depending on size of order) than BBTS but most of my orders (2 to 3 kits) are around $9 to Texas. The store is predominantly Gundams but they had the full stock of Star Wars before Covid and supply shortage.

Coz

Reaction score
Last edited:

Coz

Reaction score
Here's the silver and not. The silver is not like C-3PO. I think you'd be fine with just spraying the non with silver paint. Doesn't really justify the price difference.

silver.jpg

Reaction score
I saw the non silver version at Target today. Looks like a fun build but I'm satisfied with my customized BS fig.

Reaction score
Coz, or anyone else who has it, can you confirm the regular (non silver coated) version of The Mandalorian is stickers only and no waterslide decals? Thanks.

Reaction score
Thanks. That’s a real bummer. Oh well, still excited to get this kit!

btw, your starships above look very nice.

Reaction score
Hey All, new to the forum. Been lurking for a few months. Randomly picked up modeling as a Covid hobby and really enjoy it! So far, I only pick up Bandai SW kits. I really like the tiny 1/144 (but that might be because I'm slightly intimidated by the larger ones). My first was the 1/144 X-Wing (not movie colored and snapped a wing during a move so might do another). Finishing up BB-8 (lost his antenna and lighter during same move, any ides on how to make replacements?) and R2 (made my first hand soap wash acrylic wash for this one last night) right now. And just started a 1/144 AT-M6.

I'm hand painting everything (minus the primer, which sometimes is Primer+Paint Krylon). Any feedback would be appreciated.

I really appreciate the stock notifications you guys share and the tips for painting! Thank you all!

P.S For anyone else like me who is just starting. I'll post progress pictures in my profile. If you are like me, seeing only really experienced people post pictures is really intimidating. Seeing regular folk pics might help!

IMG_20210410_164102.jpg

IMG_20210808_024025.jpg
IMG_20210808_030547.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just curious, anyone over here build the Razor Crest yet ?
Could anyone compare it to any .144 Falcon ? I still thing, the Crest is close-to if not spot on to .144 scale. After all, she´s considered being some kind of modified gunship, compared to Leight Freighter Falcon.

Taking just this single screen shot as reference, and the Sandcrawler is offical sized about 40 meters lenght, I would size the RC at roughly 15-18 meters. So compared to the Falcon, I guess it would be from the back end to around the area of the gunports. Or about the same size as the U-Wings main body without the wings folded forward

Last edited:

Coz

Reaction score
My Rise of Skywalker Falcon came in at BBTS so it's in stock there. Amazon has Death Troopers for $35 shipping now, and $29.99 shipping and sold by Amazon next month. Maybe some of those orders I have had for the past year will finally start coming in?

Dax

Reaction score
As much as I love Bandai's kits, I'm really disappointed that they went with the small scale for the Razor Crest. I'll be waiting for the 1/72 scale version from AMT instead.

Really loving everyone posting their completed kits here, all very inspiring!

Reaction score
Lockdown project, converted my 144th scale Falcon from battery to USB power on a dome display base I purchased off ebay some years ago. Added some painted pumice stones for asteriods on bendy rods so they can be moved around a bit. Added an extra led to the cockpit as it was a bit dark in there previous.

IMG_2063 (2).JPGIMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2058 (2).JPGIMG_2059 (3).JPG
IMG_2056 (2).JPGIMG_2066.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2059 (2).JPG
    IMG_2059 (2).JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Lockdown project, converted my 144th scale Falcon from battery to USB power on a dome display base I purchased off ebay some years ago. Added some painted pumice stones for asteriods on bendy rods so they can be moved around a bit. Added an extra led to the cockpit as it was a bit dark in there previous.

View attachment 400194View attachment 400197
View attachment 400198View attachment 400203
View attachment 400200View attachment 400202

Awesome work 😊😊 Had something similar in mind when I did my 144 Falcon, decited to do a TLC Crystal Cave Chase in the end. Might get the round antenna TROS Falcon maybe to do a OT dio, either like you in the asteroid belt, or escapeing the DSII firewall 🤔🤔

Reaction score
Awesome work 😊😊 Had something similar in mind when I did my 144 Falcon, decited to do a TLC Crystal Cave Chase in the end. Might get the round antenna TROS Falcon maybe to do a OT dio, either like you in the asteroid belt, or escapeing the DSII firewall 🤔🤔
Thanks Real_Scooby!

Man I've been awol from this thread for ages and like your project my one got underway during our covid lockdown. We will be in lockdown for another two weeks with the Delta variant so plenty of time for more hobby work I guess.

My Falcon is the FA version with Shapeways dish, I converted the figures for ESB. The Bandai 144th Falcon is such a cool model huh, perfect scale for a complex display.

Went back and found your entire project thread, very nice diorama you created. The work you did with the crystals is genius and echoed in my use of natural materials, inspired work. Nice the way the crystals catch the light. Love what you did with the blaster effects also. A couple of days ago I managed to find the Vader Tie advanced x1 and Tie set cheapish on ebay with the idea I might include the tie fighter in there somewhere.

Keep up the good work fellow scummer :cool:

20200316_152402.jpg