Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Reaction score
I have an absolute pile of Bandai kits that I’ve had in storage and I got a few more for Christmas. I’d been holding off building them because I wanted to really do it to the best of my ability and there were some circumstances making that difficult.

But one of those key circumstances was remedied this summer when we moved to a new house that actually has room to set up a dedicated modeling workspace. As for the other issue, I finally broke down and bought myself an airbrush at hobby lobby today. I am so very excited about it! I’ve wanted one for years but just always had other priorities and didn’t have a good space available to use one and so on and so on. But no more! I’ve got the space, I’ve got the tools, and I’ve got plenty of models! Fun times are ahead 😃

Reaction score
Which one did you get? I was actually just looking at airbrushes at Hobby Lobby yesterday!

My parents bought me really cheap brush and compressor for my birthday. The hose ends aren't even compatible! I can do better...

And what else do I need? Additive for my paints? Some kind of cleaning fluid/device?

Reaction score
I got the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and the Iwata Ninja Jet compressor. I did a lot of research and the eclipse HP-CS was consistently highly rated (in fact it was often the standard by which other brands of airbrushes were judged in reviews). I probably could’ve gotten by with a cheaper compressor but I know I’ll use the heck out of this so I wanted to get quality products that will last and the ninja jet had pretty good reviews.

As for other things you need, yes you’ll need thinner appropriate for the paint you’re using. And yes you need to clean the airbrush thoroughly after every use. There’s all kinds of instructional videos on YouTube that can teach you how to properly use and maintain an airbrush.

Reaction score
The Bandai AT-STs are the best. Ive been using them to go with my 3 inch Imperial soldiers and AT ST pilots. Yeah I know you cant fit the figures in but they look great standing next to the AT-STs anyway. One thing that bugs me about putting together the AT-STs are the cable wires to plug into the bottom body piece

Reaction score
Bandai's 1/12th clone trooper available for pre-order at Big Bad Toy Store!

And in other news, out of nowhere (seriously, it's not even listed in their Japanese site) we have the first "new" release in over a year: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/147510

T-65 X-wing (Red 5) as it appeared in Rise of Skywalker. Only new parts seem to be a clear base and a Rey pilot figure that looks like a tweaked figure from the TFA Falcon of 5 years ago. It's even painted in the TFA colors in the store page.

Meh, pretty underwhelming to be honest.

Bandai spirits is pretty active in their Twitter page so this must mean they are doing well so now I wonder if there is a way we might contact them and ask them if they plan to continue this line.

Reaction score
I read a while ago that Bandai were looking to release a Millennium Falcon Chogokin (spelling?) Does anyone know what happened to that?

Also the Revoltech collectible?

Reaction score
Bandai spirits is pretty active in their Twitter page so this must mean they are doing well so now I wonder if there is a way we might contact them and ask them if they plan to continue this line.
The wind has definitely gone out of Bandai's sails as far as Star Wars goes - for now, at least. I've been speculating on other threads about what caused the slow down of product across Figuarts and their kits. It did somewhat coincide with Hasbro re-upping their license, after Bandai pushed out a lot of prototypes several months ahead of the signing, perhaps to win a better bid. At their next big show, post Hasbro renewal, those prototypes were gone and there was only a smattering of Mando stuff, most of which had been announced. I don't remember seeing any new kits at that event - but it may not have been the place for them.

Reaction score
You know what occurred to me would be a great Bandai kit?

K-2S0. The Black Series figure is obviously terrible and I feel like a hollow torso and limbs and harder plastic would fix a lot of the stability problems his top heavy design creates...

Coz

Reaction score
You know what occurred to me would be a great Bandai kit?

K-2S0. The Black Series figure is obviously terrible and I feel like a hollow torso and limbs and harder plastic would fix a lot of the stability problems his top heavy design creates...

Coz

Reaction score
No problem. BBTS is a good source. Check Amazon regularly. They had Slave 1 up for a week at retail price. I got one. It's gone now, only from 3rd party sellers for stupid prices.

Reaction score
Guys, Big Bad Toy Store just updated their model kit listings with kits I haven't seen in a while there such as the Blockade Runner, Death Trooper and even General Grievous! Expected release date of April.
Thanks for that. Been waiting on EE to get Grievous pre-order in for about 6 months now (just has been saying "restocking soon") At this rate maybe BBTS will ship it sooner.

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Been waiting on EE to get Grievous pre-order in for about 6 months now (just has been saying "restocking soon") At this rate maybe BBTS will ship it sooner.
Well, you never know, LOL.

I have two clone trooper kits in my BBTS Pile of Loot that I pre-ordered back in May but didn't actually become available until November. Hoping the wait won't be that long though to be honest, I have a pretty big backlog already so I don't really mind the wait!

Coz

Reaction score
So I just found this site. It seems to good to be true as the prices are low and everything seems to be in stock. I added to my cart and got to payment, shipping was $5.50 for the scout trooper with speeder, but didn't pull the trigger. I sent an email asking if it was actually in stock and will update when/if I get an answer.

Edit* After some online digging, it's a scam.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I just found this site. It seems to good to be true as the prices are low and everything seems to be in stock. I added to my cart and got to payment, shipping was $5.50 for the scout trooper with speeder, but didn't pull the trigger. I sent an email asking if it was actually in stock and will update when/if I get an answer.
I looked into them a while back. All signs point to them being a scam site.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did the Ep 9 Poe and Resistance X-wing 1/144 scale ever hit the US? I haven't seen them anywhere. Maybe they were release and sold out and I missed them?