Bandai: Star Wars Model Kits

Reaction score
man those stickers look horrible. So I will either make my own waterslides or just mask and paint because I def will not be using those.

Reaction score
I heard someone say its c-3po new "combat mode" but i think the red eyes means he's possessed by Emperor Palpatine!:eek:

Reaction score
Finished weathering my R5-M2 custom. Discovered that the secret to really upping the appearance of these kits, even post-weathering, is to hit them with a matte finish spray. I used the Mr. Hobby brand. Still testing some solutions for the feet cables. The stock ones are just way too brittle, and break in a gentle breeze, lol.

Reaction score
I found a Bandai Boba Fett at Hobby Lobby in North Myrtle Beach SC today. It was my first time seeing him there.

$35 minus the 40% coupon = $23 including tax. He was the only figure they had and there was only one.

They did have a bunch of ships though. It was a pretty decent restock after being quite barren for a while.

1/72 - both Ep.7 X-wings, Y-wing
1/48 - snowspeeder, AT-ST
1/144 - X-wing, TIEs, A-wing, something else I can't remember
1/? - gorilla AT-AT from Ep.8

I wish they'd get some clone troopers up in there! ...and a biker scout.

Reaction score
Still testing some solutions for the feet cables. The stock ones are just way too brittle, and break in a gentle breeze, lol.
What works great for leg cables are Jumper Wire kits...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FKJ4S3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come in several colors that match the common droid colors. They can also be shaped as desired.
I use them for the Bandai models as well as the Disney Droid Factory droids.

Also, I have used numerous matte top coats & the one that ALWAYS looks fantastic as well as durable is
Testors Dulcote. Not very expensive & easy to get (Hobby Lobby carries it). My photo gallery has a lot of my customs
that it was used on (everything without a gloss finish).

And by the way, your R5 looks great!

Reaction score
Thanks for the pro-tip! Will seek out some of those wires. I had been saving those clear wire-ties that Hasbro used to use across all their toy lines, and was going to buy some wire strippers to expose the wire on the ends, and use those. The ones you use already have the ends exposed though, so even better!

Reaction score
What works great for leg cables are Jumper Wire kits...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FKJ4S3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They come in several colors that match the common droid colors. They can also be shaped as desired.
I use them for the Bandai models as well as the Disney Droid Factory droids.

Also, I have used numerous matte top coats & the one that ALWAYS looks fantastic as well as durable is
Testors Dulcote. Not very expensive & easy to get (Hobby Lobby carries it). My photo gallery has a lot of my customs
that it was used on (everything without a gloss finish).

And by the way, your R5 looks great!
Excellent. I could have used that exact kit for a lighting project I was working on. I was sitting there making my own small jumpers and having a heck of a time doing it.

Reaction score
So, Poe flies with Artoo and the Falcon gets a round dish again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So, Poe flies with Artoo and the Falcon gets a round dish again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good eye on Poe's X-wing. I wonder if it will have an option for R2 or BB-8?

I did notice the round dish as well on the Lego kit that was shown on the TFF video.

Reaction score
Well, I'm glad I never got BB8. Good reason to now.
As long as I've wanted variety of xwing colors, not crazy about these paint jobs. (Not Bandai's fault).

Reaction score
I dig the new X-wing paint scheme. Very McQuarrie-esque. Plus, Poe’s orange scheme is almost and inverse of the F-15 prototype paint job.

Reaction score
Hmm, might get Poe´s new deco fighter, as well as properbly any new FO-TIE with the added red/orange armor parts. Pretty sure this will come sometime later too.

Examining the released pictures, I am already wondering, what the story about BB´s missing orange circle will be

Reaction score
I'm glad Bandai will have a BB-8 and D-0 set. I've been wanting to get a BB-8 kit, but I didn't really need to get a 2nd R2-D2 to get a BB-8.

Wait a second. I just got a 2nd look at that BB-8. He looks to be sporting a new kind of round panel there. What's up with that? I wonder if it will have options for making a TFA/TLJ version or a ROS version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just spotted the Ghost in the "fleet, assemble !" scene of the latest trailer. I really hope, it will get at least a few mores seconds of screen time to get even a chance to be molted into a 144 scale kit this time

Reaction score
Just discovered this one. Not interrested myself, but its not mentioned here so I figured I post it.
I just cant see the appeal of this kind of kits. To me these feels like a "We need to release something but have no idea what"-kind-of-filler-idea.
I COULD see something, if they would be gold-, chrome-, or blackchrome plated.

A new set of TLJ-themed "Clear Vehicles" announced for a Feb.2020 release
Includes TLJ Falcon, AT-M6, Resistance X-Wing, Boosted X-Wing

Last edited: