Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
Think the Marvel line should go in the direction of the punisher and daredevil. They would be awesome in this line.

Reaction score
I've been collecting some of this line, and I love the detail on these figures. The photos and sketches of future releases look incredible and im very excited about some of them. I'd love to see some more 'monsters' and a few Jedi would really round it out.
Earlier ppl were asking about the cheaper versions on eBay, well, I bought a few at full price ( vader, sandtrooper, fett) and I thought I would chance it with a cheap stormtrooper (£25) there isn't too much difference, maybe the last 5% in finishing touches and some of the joints are a bit loose, as previously mentioned, but I can cope with that if they are just for army building. The first cheap trooper I bought had his foot snapped off in the box, so I emailed the seller and they sent me another for free, so I glued the other foot on, which restricts his movement but hey, £12.50 troopers for the win haha.
I got a cheap drummer last week and he looks great too. I'm waiting for the archer and spear man next. I was also thinking of popping into my local model shop to see if they can give me tips on giving them some small custom paint jobs. Nothing major, just to make them look dirty etc.
I did try to upload 2 photos of my figures for everyone to see but I didn't quite manage haha

Reaction score
I didn't know about the Marvel line but after looking, I'm not too impressed

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would be good, Jedi Luke and maybe a Yoda and Luke (dagobah) 2 pack? The Emperor is surely a no brainer?

Reaction score
I think the concept sketches of GG and Snowtrooper look promising if released.
Saw Iron Man in the flesh at a recent comiccon and it's a great looking piece.

Reaction score
Looks like we're getting a Prototype Ronin Boba Fett as well! Going to be a good year for Bandai figs.

Reaction score
The latest offering look good, but think a more hannya type head would have been better on Maul.
I'll probably hold out for Gamorrean Guard and maybe IG-88 if released.
The Iron Man is one of the best Bandai has done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
TBH, that white Fett is getting very old. Also, not really sold on Maul. Wish they had done a different mask for him. Nothing too thrilling yet, for me. Still waiting for something new and innovative. Instead of the same old sculpt repainted, reminds me too much of Hasbro.

Reaction score
Well I have a weakness for McQuarrie and Prototype Fett (white Boba Fett stuff all over my mancave lol) and I didn't know this was coming, so I'm pretty excited for it. On the fence about Jango, he's in my "maybe" pile.

Reaction score
Quite like Maul. Still don't like the beads around his neck. Hopefully they can be removed if not probably won't get him.
Jango is a definite buy and if I can get a hold of the white prototype boba buy him too.

What figure does everyone want to see made next from the bandai concept art?

Reaction score
Anybody got pics of the white Boba Fett?
I'll probably pass on Jango as it's just Boba with a paint job. I'm not too bothered either with Maul. I'd still like to see a couple of Jedi - old Ben, Qui-Gon- The Emperor, and maybe a cabal of bounty hunters? Lando skiff guard could be interesting and Leia in some guise like Tripitaka from Monkey ��

Reaction score
I was at Celebration last week and visited the Bandai/Tamashii Nations area. Beautiful set up and it was very exciting getting a first hand look at the Darth Maul, Jango Fett and Boba Fett prototype exclusive for SDCC, as well as the very soon to be released Archer trooper. Here are a few pictures from the event:

Last edited:
Reaction score
The archer does look great, but Maul just doesn't quite look right.
With the other figures you can see the Star Wars in their appearance but not so much Darth Maul.

Reaction score
I don't like Maul's face; I wish they would have kept the face from the concept drawing.

The proto Boba does look sharp; I'm just tired of every Star Wars line including him. One of the problems with this line is too many of the same thing--Jango/Boba/Proto Boba; two Vaders, two Sandtroopers;
I like troopers, but there needs to be more more variety. Give us Jedi, droids and other characters mixed in with the troopers.

LightSword-What did you think of the figures you saw at Celebration?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Proto-Fett is an SDCC Exclusive then I suppose I'll have to break out the credit card... hopefully Maul will be easier to acquire (less than a hundred bucks). I don't see the line doing any unmasked figures, but a Darth Sidious or Darth Tyranus done up as some sort of Japanese wizard would be fantastic (or even Snoke at some point), and there's still Phasma, Kylo Ren, and Sequel Trilogy characters. I wonder if a Grievous could be done (maybe as some type of Steampunk 4-armed killing machine)

Reaction score
I don't like Maul's face; I wish they would have kept the face from the concept drawing.

The proto Boba does look sharp; I'm just tired of every Star Wars line including him. One of the problems with this line is too many of the same thing--Jango/Boba/Proto Boba; two Vaders, two Sandtroopers;
I like troopers, but there needs to be more more variety. Give us Jedi, droids and other characters mixed in with the troopers.

LightSword-What did you think of the figures you saw at Celebration?
As far as details the quality is there. I know Maul isn't everyone's cup of tea but, it is nonetheless a very unique looking figure which brings diversity to the line. The Prototype Fett looks awesome, and while basically he's all white, there are little accents here and there in shades of black and gray that make the outfit contrast well. Jango looks beautiful, and love that contrast of the silver and blue together. That being said, I agree with you that they should move on to other sculpts rather than to continue with Fetts and Stormtroopers. I was hoping to see the Gamorrean Guard or Amidala, for that matter, to break up the routine of similar trooper armors, but unfortunately those were only present as drawings serving as the backdrop for their display. I'm hoping that after the Shadow Trooper and the Archer come out, and now after finalizing with what I think is all the different Fetts they can make, we get to see some new characters. Don't get me wrong, all Movie Realization figures are beautiful, and the dioramas they are showcased with are quiet stunning (I wish they would mass produce those), but I think new characters are needed (like Maul) to add up some excitement to the line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If Proto-Fett is an SDCC Exclusive then I suppose I'll have to break out the credit card... hopefully Maul will be easier to acquire (less than a hundred bucks). I don't see the line doing any unmasked figures, but a Darth Sidious or Darth Tyranus done up as some sort of Japanese wizard would be fantastic (or even Snoke at some point), and there's still Phasma, Kylo Ren, and Sequel Trilogy characters. I wonder if a Grievous could be done (maybe as some type of Steampunk 4-armed killing machine)
The prototype Boba Fett figure will be sold at SDCC, and it seemed to be promoted as an exzclusive. The information card at the foot of the figure, showed it this way:

That being said, the free flyer at their booth promoting the figure shows this small print, pointing out the figure will also be available through the Premium Bandai website:

Here is a scan of the flyer for the figure that was being distributed:

* Note: If the CE/Convention exclusive "Special Sandtrooper Version" with dual shoulder pauldrons could serve as some sort of indication on availability and pricing of exclusives, there's a good chance the Prototype Boba Fett version could be found later on at retail in places such as Barnes & Noble and ThinkGeek for even less than convention prices, just like it happened with the Sandtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm hoping that after the Shadow Trooper and the Archer come out, and now after finalizing with what I think is all the different Fetts they can make, we get to see some new characters.
The shadow troopers confirmed?

Reaction score
Thanks for all the news LighSword as usual you rock !

I am really happy with the white fett and Jango as well.
Maul's face is a bit "off" in comparison with the bad*** head of the prototype. I am not sure whay I am thinking about that. I wish they could add the other face too.

Maybe they could do 2 Darth Mauls as they did for Darth Vader with a very small variation.
And as suggested by many collectors here, starting to produce some jedis, gamoreans, amidala, r2d2 and c3po, grievous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The photos are great Lightsword, thanks. I wasn't prepared for just how good Fett looks in all white. Stunning. I gotta say Jango looks better than I expected too.
I'm really looking forward to the archer and the long staff trooper, after that, I'm not sure I need many, if any, new troopers. So its nice to see the line moving and some new figures getting an airing.

Reaction score
Hey LightSword,

Do you think the final Maul product is the one you lately posted ? Do you have an idea why they did change his head so much in comparison with the first prototype you showed us from the 2016 Tamashi show ?

Is this final and preorders will be announce soon ? I mean we saw Jango in December 2015, he blowed my mind and the wait is long ! But the wait was worth it !

Thanks in advance for your reply and for all the infos you ar sharing with us here on boards. Nice job !

Last edited:
Reaction score
The photos are great Lightsword, thanks. I wasn't prepared for just how good Fett looks in all white. Stunning. I gotta say Jango looks better than I expected too.
I'm really looking forward to the archer and the long staff trooper, after that, I'm not sure I need many, if any, new troopers. So its nice to see the line moving and some new figures getting an airing.
Thank you, IG73.

- I agree with you on the prototype Fett. At a first glance a basically monochromatic figure like his one could appear boring. Personally, I liked the contrast of the white armor against subtle silver accents and browns found throughout the sculpt, exposing some small details.

- Jango just looks fantastic. It is the combination of purple, blue and silver colors that truly makes him very eye catching.

- It is only a matter of days before the Archer comes out, and well, he looks great. I only collect one of each figure, but due to the many poses you can accomplish with these figures, I can see a small army of archers looking quite stunning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey LightSword,

Do you think the final Maul product is the one you lately posted ? Do you have an idea why they did change his head so much in comparison with the first prototype you showed us from the 2016 Tamashi show ?

Is this final and preorders will be announce soon ? I mean we saw Jango in December 2015, he blowed my mind and the wait is long ! But the wait was worth it !

Thanks in advance for your reply and for all the infos you ar sharing with us here on boards. Nice job !
You are welcome, and thank you for your kind words, bObA_fEtt_Ox

Personally, I think this will be the final design for Maul. That said, I can't confirm on it, thus my word is just an opinion at this time. Looking closely at Maul while at the convention, I could tell the Oni head looked like a removable piece, a mask to go over his head with holes for the horns to go through, and not an actual part of the head sculpt attached to the horns. I get the feeling behind that mask you'll find the face of the prototype.

I was only at Celebration for one day, and moving around real fast to see as much as possible. I wish I would have had more time to ask the Bandai representative a few questions I had in mind, but every time I went by their booth he had a lot of people around him, and I did not have time to wait.

* Note: The Naginata, or double bladed pole weapon that's given to Maul appears to have reversible blades allowing for both blades to point in the same or opposite direction, as well as to have one blade removed. The day I photographed Maul the blades were pointing opposite to each other, but in some pictures I've seen both blades point in the same direction. Of course, this is just the prototype figure and there might be just some parts that are not completely fixed to the sculpt, thus causing the rotation of the blades.

Reaction score
You are welcome, and thank you for your kind words, bObA_fEtt_Ox

Personally, I think this will be the final design for Maul. That said, I can't confirm on it, thus my word is just an opinion at this time. Looking closely at Maul while at the convention, I could tell the Oni head looked like a removable piece, a mask to go over his head with holes for the horns to go through, and not an actual part of the head sculpt attached to the horns. I get the feeling behind that mask you'll find the face of the prototype.

I was only at Celebration for one day, and moving around real fast to see as much as possible. I wish I would have had more time to ask the Bandai representative a few questions I had in mind, but every time I went by their booth he had a lot of people around him, and I did not have time to wait.

* Note: The Naginata, or double bladed pole weapon that's given to Maul appears to have reversible blades allowing for both blades to point in the same or opposite direction, as well as to have one blade removed. The day I photographed Maul the blades were pointing opposite to each other, but in some pictures I've seen both blades point in the same direction. Of course, this is just the prototype figure and there might be just some parts that are not completely fixed to the sculpt, thus causing the rotation of the blades.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. What you are saying me about Maul gives me a lot of hope actually. If that's an Oni mask and the regular head of the prototype is under, that would be AWESOME !
Regarding his light saber, Naginata as you said I did not know that, that's an interesting point.

That's a shame you could not have asked Bandaï staff some questions for us, especially when we will have White Fett and Jango for preorder ! They are exceptional !

Reaction score
Thanks for that confirmation about Maul lightsword. I had read elsewhere that the face was a mask. So as long as it is removable then I'm all good with the design choice they went with.

As others have said I'm excited for the new releases but yeah let's get some new stuff going.

Also anyone see the lightsaber Katana replica from the Tamashii show? Please Bandai, make this happen. I need two of them!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for that confirmation about Maul lightsword. I had read elsewhere that the face was a mask. So as long as it is removable then I'm all good with the design choice they went with.

As others have said I'm excited for the new releases but yeah let's get some new stuff going.

Also anyone see the lightsaber Katana replica from the Tamashii show? Please Bandai, make this happen. I need two of them!!!
That's great for Maul indeed, that way I would need 2 to display them lol

Do you have a picture of this Katana replica you are talking about to show us ?

Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm at work and don't have access to a computer (sneak my phone during breaks lol).

However if you go to toyark.com they have a thread about the recent Tamashii World Tour show in NYC and they have pics of it there.

Reaction score
LightSword-Great news about Maul. When I first saw the pics from Celebration, I was hoping that the big difference from the original concept art meant that Maul was wearing a mask. I actually like the mask and think it's cool you can display Maul with or without it. I'm just glad the mask wasn't the final concept for his face.

Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm at work and don't have access to a computer (sneak my phone during breaks lol).

However if you go to toyark.com they have a thread about the recent Tamashii World Tour show in NYC and they have pics of it there.

Ok I gonna look on internet to see them. Thanks man !

Last edited:
Reaction score
The red katana looks great,on toyark, but I can't start gettin into replica weapons too haha.
Off topic I know, but the Marvel concept art looks good, Hulk and DD especially. Which makes me think it would have been nice to have had a card included with the figure in the box with the concept drawings on.