Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
Personally, I hadn't heard about a proposed R2-D2 looking like temple bells until you mentioned it now, therefore I wouldn't be able to comment on that. If anyone has any information on this figure, it'd be great if they could share it with us. As far as characters other than troops, there's the Darth Maul we've seen the prototype of, as well as a planned Gamorrean Guard, Queen Amidala and IG-88 ...

Don't forget Jango! I had also heard about R2 as a bell but not seen any concept art on that. Man the snowtrooper and the imperial trooper with that cool spear need to come next.

Reaction score
Don't forget Jango!

You are right! Thanks for the reminder. Indeed, the Jango Fett figure looked great....

... I had also heard about R2 as a bell but not seen any concept art on that. .

I actually started to look back at some of my older posts and found the R2. I'd completely forgotten about the C-3po and R2-D2 images shown during SDCC in 2015...

... Man the snowtrooper and the imperial trooper with that cool spear need to come next.
Not sure when the Snowtrooper will come out. Unfortunately all we've seen of him is a concept drawing. But if we go by the foot soldier prototypes they showed in 20015, out of those the drummer was released, and we know the Archer will be next in March. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that probably the Spear- man might come out after that one, as part of the foot soldiers army..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I definitely want Jango, he looks cool! Probably also get Maul. Of those shown in the art, I'd be interested in the Queen. Nice look there. The Droids don't really appeal to me that much.

Has there been any more info on the proposed R2-D2 inspired by temple bells? This line is in desperate need for something other than troops.
You can say that again, I've been thinking that for a spell now.

Reaction score
You are right! Thanks for the reminder. Indeed, the Jango Fett figure looked great....

Thanks for the photos LightSword! That Jango looks so good it's a shame we haven't heard any more about him. And the spear guy! I have two regular stormies and the drummer but I'm going to have to get two spear guys and at least one archer.

Reaction score
Waiting to get Jango fett !
Hope we won't wait for him too long, we haven't had any news for more than 1 year.

Reaction score
Waiting to get Jango fett !
Hope we won't wait for him too long, we haven't had any news for more than 1 year.
I understand your anxiety. When a product of this quality and appeal is shown, waiting for its release seems like an eternity. Patience pays, remember. Patience, like faith, remove mountains. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and your wisdom LightSword :)

I know that but these figures are so awesome that makes me very impatient to get them !
Since I saw the Jango Fett prototype I made space on my shelf for him :p

And when I discovered this thread and all the reveals you showed us that blew my mind !

Hope they will get some news at NYCC with new preorders.

Reaction score
Not sure where else to go with this question so I'm asking you guys in here. If there is a better place or a good person to ask, please let me know.

I am not a Japanese Anime guy and I don't have any Bandai, SH Figuarts, or anything Japanese in my collection... BUT my wife is going to Japan in May and will bring back something. I just don't know what to ask for? I have looked at a lot of different things, but what would you think is something really cool to get that you can't get easily in the states?

Just for reference, my favorite character is Chewbacca but it doesn't have to be something related to him. I have thousands of Hasbro action figures and the vehicles to go with them. More of an OT guy but I really like aliens and droids from all the movies. I have some Sideshow but once they got super pricey not so much. Don't really collect 6" but honestly am open to any suggestions for things that might be cool. I know that's not much to go on, so I will say that if it gets up into the extremely rare or extremely valuable range, probably not going to happen. I was thinking under $200. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Not sure where else to go with this question so I'm asking you guys in here. If there is a better place or a good person to ask, please let me know.

I am not a Japanese Anime guy and I don't have any Bandai, SH Figuarts, or anything Japanese in my collection... BUT my wife is going to Japan in May and will bring back something. I just don't know what to ask for? I have looked at a lot of different things, but what would you think is something really cool to get that you can't get easily in the states?

Just for reference, my favorite character is Chewbacca but it doesn't have to be something related to him. I have thousands of Hasbro action figures and the vehicles to go with them. More of an OT guy but I really like aliens and droids from all the movies. I have some Sideshow but once they got super pricey not so much. Don't really collect 6" but honestly am open to any suggestions for things that might be cool. I know that's not much to go on, so I will say that if it gets up into the extremely rare or extremely valuable range, probably not going to happen. I was thinking under $200. Thoughts?

Not sure what the Kotobukiya store in Akihabara in Tokyo is carrying these days, but if your wife can go there she could look for some older Koto kits in the 1/7 scale like Obi-Wan from EP IV with the light up saber. That figure is difficult to find and rather pricey here. As you probably know the Japanese love collectibles and Star Wars. Your wife will surely find a grand medley of unique Star Wars items at many different places. Super deformed figures, things with odd shapes not found here commonly aren't to hard to spot. Glasses, light side/dark side cup Ramen, business card cases. She could look into novelty chain stores like Hobby Off, Village Vanguard and Kiddy Land for a good selection of Star Wars swag. On famous Takeshita street vendors sell funky looking Star Wars t-shirts with very unique graphics. The multi level store The World Connection, sells Star Wars socks, mugs, flash drives. Toy Sapiens near the entrance of Harajuku street sells high end collectibles like SSC statues. The super sized Kiddy Land on Ometasondo street, has the most diverse trove of Star Wars swag. It's a store for people of all ages, so tell her not to be fooled by the name. The third floor on that store has an entire corner that is all Star Wars. I'm sure she'll have plenty of collectibles in unique shapes and for a variety of uses to find. Whether Tokyo or any other urban area, Star Wars has a strong presence in Japan.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some of the stores there are an experience in themselves, like the Kotobukiya store.
There's Toy Yamashiroya in Ueno and not forgetting the arcade in Nakano.
Last by no means least there is Star Case in Koenji.

Whilst you may be able to get stuff locally, the Tamashii Nations figures are amazing.
I also recommend the SHFigurarts Luke Skywalker.

Reaction score
Not sure what the Kotobukiya store in Akihabara in Tokyo is carrying these days, but if your wife can go there she could look for some older Koto kits in the 1/7 scale like Obi-Wan from EP IV with the light up saber. That figure is difficult to find and rather pricey here. As you probably know the Japanese love collectibles and Star Wars. Your wife will surely find a grand medley of unique Star Wars items at many different places. Super deformed figures, things with odd shapes not found here commonly aren't to hard to spot. Glasses, light side/dark side cup Ramen, business card cases. She could look into novelty chain stores like Hobby Off, Village Vanguard and Kiddy Land for a good selection of Star Wars swag. On famous Takeshita street vendors sell funky looking Star Wars t-shirts with very unique graphics. The multi level store The World Connection, sells Star Wars socks, mugs, flash drives. Toy Sapiens near the entrance of Harajuku street sells high end collectibles like SSC statues. The super sized Kiddy Land on Ometasondo street, has the most diverse trove of Star Wars swag. It's a store for people of all ages, so tell her not to be fooled by the name. The third floor on that store has an entire corner that is all Star Wars. I'm sure she'll have plenty of collectibles in unique shapes and for a variety of uses to find. Whether Tokyo or any other urban area, Star Wars has a strong presence in Japan.

I've actually been to Nipponbashi - sometimes called "Den Den Town" in Osaka and it's crazy full of cool collectible stuff. Unfortunately my wife isn't going to know what to look for in the store. I'll certainly give her some of these names to look for. She will be going to Akihabara, so hopefully she can get into one or two of these places.

I need to be pretty specific with what to get so I appreciate the help getting started. I definitely want an odd Japanese T-Shirt of some sort.

Thanks for the tips.

Reaction score
Oh, and for your Chewbacca focus, check out the Bandai kit scout walker.

I've been debating the Tamasii Samurai Vader, Stormtrooper, etc... but not sure if I want those that badly??

And I just looked at the Bandai Scout Walker, but don't you have to put that together yourself? Models are hard.

Thanks for the suggestions though :)

Reaction score
I've been debating the Tamasii Samurai Vader, Stormtrooper, etc... but not sure if I want those that badly??

And I just looked at the Bandai Scout Walker, but don't you have to put that together yourself? Models are hard.

It's all about what suits your style the most. After all, whatever you decide on purchasing, you'll be the one looking at it on a daily basis. As I mentioned when creating this "Movie Realization" thread, these figures aren't everyone's cup of tea. That said, if you feel attracted towards Japanese feudal outfits worn by warriors and the like, and those being mashed up with Star Wars characters, then you should really consider Vader, the Stormtrooper and any other Star Wars character version from this line. For what they are, super articulated figures with lots of detail, and to some degree containing historical value, they are fantastic pieces to add to any collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score

It is a model kit, yes. There are relatively easy and just snap together. You can the add final touches like paint if you wish. Very rewarding.
On topic for the thread, I have the first edition Vader and the Stormtrooper released at Celebration Europe.
Unique figures. The Bona Fett is arguably the beat but I never bought that one...yet.

Another good gift idea is a tenegui.
Its a long rectangular piece of decorated cloth that has a variety of uses in Japan including displaying.

Search Star Wars tenegui.
I've got a few.

Reaction score
On topic for the thread, I have the first edition Vader and the Stormtrooper released at Celebration Europe.
Unique figures. The Bona Fett is arguably the beat but I never bought that one...yet.

The two you have are great figures. Personally I like the first Vader much better than the second one. The chest plate and helmet design in my opinion are more subtle and attractive. Boba Fett is a great design, although the vibrant colors could set him off a bit when compare to the rest of the line so far. That said, it is a beautiful figure.
Another good gift idea is a tenegui.
Its a long rectangular piece of decorated cloth that has a variety of uses in Japan including displaying.
Search Star Wars tenegui.
I've got a few.
A Tenugui is a great idea, Tobedesu. Some of them are very unique and display nicely on a wall. Take this one for instance....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Those are cool. I'll have to give her a heads up to be on the lookout for something like this.

Call me goofy, but I like those tap dancing space opera guys from Tomy :)

Reaction score
It's unfortunate, but the Yumi Ashigaru Stormtrooper Archer has been rescheduled for release in June, instead of March. We'll have to wait another four months until this great looking figure starts to ship.

Here are some pictures taken at the New York Toy Fair showing the figure (From Rebelscum's front page article) ...

* Other than the Archer, no new figures were on display. Not even the Jango Fett figure we saw a while back. Their Art Gallery did have the drawings we've already seen of possible upcoming characters such as Boba Fett, Darth Maul, IG-88, Padme Amidala, Gamorrean Guard, Jango Fett, and a Shadow Trooper. In the mix there were also drawings of figures previously released, such as the Royal Guard and Boba Fett.

* Shadow Trooper:

Last edited:
Reaction score
That shadow trooper mask looks awesome. Like the torso design too.
Yeah. I like it. To me the mask has the contour of a skull, and the torso kind of resembles the one from the second Vader they produced, having sort of a rib cage design to it. Hopefully we'll get some of these figures this year. I don't like too much the push back on the Archer. It slows down the pace of every other release.

Reaction score
Love Darth Maul. It's about time! Right now I just have Fett. Used to have Akazonae guard and Taiko drummer but sold them off a few months ago. Will absolutely get Maul, though.

Reaction score
Yeah. I like it. To me the mask has the contour of a skull, and the torso kind of resembles the one from the second Vader they produced, having sort of a rib cage design to it. Hopefully we'll get some of these figures this year. I don't like too much the push back on the Archer. It slows down the pace of every other release.
Agreed. I feel that with the delay in the archer release we may only one more new figure released this year.

Reaction score
Jango is the one I'm most looking forward to, so I'm a little disappointed there was no mention of it at Toyfair.

Reaction score
That's really sad they did not announce any new release...Was waiting for Darth Maul, Jango Fett especially... They showed us Jango in December 2015...
Hope nothing will be cancelled and everything will be release.
This line is really amazing and everything we can see as a drawing is excellent and expecting for all to be made !

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, if they don't release Maul soon. it will be a very slow time for me, as He's the only one I'm interested in. I was done with Stormtrooper variants before they were even started.
At this rate they're just as bad as Hasbro.

Reaction score
That's really sad they did not announce any new release...Was waiting for Darth Maul, Jango Fett especially... They showed us Jango in December 2015...
Hope nothing will be cancelled and everything will be release.
This line is really amazing and everything we can see as a drawing is excellent and expecting for all to be made !
Don't be discouraged. Delays, so called push backs, are common with most, if not all collectible companies. Movie Realization is the only action figure line I collect, as I'm 99.9 percent high end collectibles focused. That said, I can tell you that other makers with much bigger ticket items, such as Gentle Giant and Sideshow, also experience delays due to a number of reasons. When I stopped collecting Hasbro almost a decade ago, it was the same thing. Between bad distribution, delays and scalpers it took a while before I could find any new figures. Patience is key. If you like collecting from this line, everything or just a few characters, give it time and think positive. Remember that patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. :)

Reaction score
Don't be discouraged. Delays, so called push backs, are common with most, if not all collectible companies. Movie Realization is the only action figure line I collect, as I'm 99.9 percent high end collectibles focused. That said, I can tell you that other makers with much bigger ticket items, such as Gentle Giant and Sideshow, also experience delays due to a number of reasons. When I stopped collecting Hasbro almost a decade ago, it was the same thing. Between bad distribution, delays and scalpers it took a while before I could find any new figures. Patience is key. If you like collecting from this line, everything or just a few characters, give it time and think positive. Remember that patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. :)

I have been collecting for 15 years and I know patience is key buddy, especially when you collect vintage toyline and when you look for great shape MOC or MIB items.
My main concern with this awesome line is I wouldn't want they cancel the line. I can wait even if that's very long, but I hope we will get all the characters they showed us as prototypes or drawings.
I want them all because that's a perfect mix between Star wars and Samuraïs and that's really different with what we can see for years in Star wars, with always the same figures over and over again.
You seem to be very well-informed that's the reason that I read this thread very often, waiting for news you will shar with us ;)
By the way thanks for that :)

Reaction score
I have been collecting for 15 years and I know patience is key buddy, especially when you collect vintage toyline and when you look for great shape MOC or MIB items.
My main concern with this awesome line is I wouldn't want they cancel the line. I can wait even if that's very long, but I hope we will get all the characters they showed us as prototypes or drawings.
I want them all because that's a perfect mix between Star wars and Samuraïs and that's really different with what we can see for years in Star wars, with always the same figures over and over again.
You seem to be very well-informed that's the reason that I read this thread very often, waiting for news you will shar with us ;)
By the way thanks for that :)
I hear you. Finding the perfect card, no creases, no bends , little or no yellowing of the blister can prove to be a struggle for many carded collectors, even more if the cards are vintage original OT figures, and patience is key. But that's all part of collecting. Sometimes that struggle to get to that perfect carded figure, boxed playset or vehicle you seek is half the fun. By the way, let me congratulate you on choosing to collect the vintage toyline, which is in fact the root where all this collectible world we live in started.

Movie Realization I think has enjoyed a good reception. Although as I stated at the beginning of this thread, it isn't for everyone due to its mash-up style which not everyone sees as ideal. I think, however, the world known Samurai aesthetics mixed with Star Wars characters have been for the most part a popular, and welcoming concept. The collector gets exposed to a mixture of Japanese culture, and American pop culture combined into three dimensional, well detailed, super pose-able figures, while at the same time uncovering a number of historical facts about the origin of outfits and weaponry. As I've interacted with a good number of collectors, not only here but through other venues, I can tell the interest for this line is there and in some cases even growing. I certainly believe that, if Bandai is paying attention and reading through collector forums such as this one, social media, conventions, etc. they are able to notice such interest, and choose to keep on moving forward with the line.

Personally I feel the line will continue for a long while, but it does need to move at a faster pace with its releases, and produce more variety for it, thus avoiding any type of lethargy state among collectors. That variety is already there, and it can be appreciated through the conceptual drawings we've been exposed to. Concept art for the Gamorrean guard, Maul, Amidala (naming just a few), offer that variety in styles and color spectrum which I think the line needs. I love all the Stormtrooper variants (Drummer, Archer, etc.), but I do think that in between one Stormtrooper variant release and the next, there should be a totally different character to maintain the momentum and interest flowing. If they were to cancel the line, I honestly would see it as some sort of kooky decision, like canceling a popular TV show with good ratings, as an example. Not that it hasn't happened before, but I do have a gut feeling Movie Realization will be around for a while. I'm keeping my hopes up, not letting frustration sink in, and giving time the time it needs to do its work until their next release.

Thank you for maintaining your interest in this thread, and most importantly ... the line :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear the archer was delayed; hoped to pick him up at Barnes and Noble sometime this month.

My local store has all the figures minus Boba Fett. I picked up non Death Star armor Vader a few weeks back to complete my collection.

B and N also had a very cool and tempting Samurai Spiderman mixed in with the Star Wars figures.

Reaction score
I've been reading through this entire thread as I finally have taken the plunge with this line. Currently have Fett and the Royal Guard and I'm waiting on the stormtrooper, stormtrooper w/ drum, sandtrooper, and Vader v.2. to arrive. I'm REALLY excited for the shadow stromtrooper and the archer. I'll get the spearmen just to stick with the line but he's not overly exciting from what I've seen so far.

I hope that Maul comes with a more traditional Japanese mask alternate head or something. What I saw is fine but it's a little too Star Warsy for me. I don't like the curved blades on the saber either, they look cartoony. Something more like Vader's red katana blade would've been just fine in my opinion.

As far as the other art we've seen, I like the snowtrooper but I don't like Amidala, the Gamorrean Guard (I never liked them in the first place), or the droids. Maybe I'll feel differently once we see prototypes. I'm on the fence with IG-88...kind of just looks like IG-88 with a hat.

Disappointed to read of the archer delay but I'll definitely get that one. Really strong design.

Last edited: