Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
What happened to the Jango figure that was shown a while back?
No new information on that figure, unfortunately.

There's reportedly a new Maul figure being shown currently at Tamashii Nations
Yeah. Although photography was not allowed (tell people not to do something, and they'll go ahead and do it right away), a picture has emerged from the Tamashii Nations 2016 show of the upcoming Darth Maul figure we'd seen only as a drawing during SDCC. Here is picture:

Last edited:
Reaction score
No new information on that figure, unfortunately.

Yeah. Although photography was not allowed (tell people not to do something, and they'll go ahead and do it right away), a picture has emerged from the Tamashii Nations 2016 show of the upcoming Darth Maul figure we'd seen only as a drawing during SDCC. Here is picture:
Wow. Love how they went for the Japanese Demon Gods look.... very fitting.

Reaction score
I'd preferred if they went the Oni (demon)mask style with Darth Maul. would seem more fitting to the line and a missed opportunity if they don't.

Reaction score
Agree about the beads and the mask! Also like how they did the Saber.
Nice look, I'll likely get him.

Still have hope of seeing more than just Stormtroopers retreads though. Mauls a nice step, but I'm sure they've got 4 more trooper variations after him.

I'm kind of interested in how Luke would look Shogun style. :grin:

Reaction score
I picked up the special version of the Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper at my local Barnes and Noble. I was able to get 30% off with my 10% member discount and another 20% coupon. I was surprised when I saw this available when I was browsing the B and N website so I went down to my local store and they had a couple on the shelf. They also had the Taikoyaku Stormtrooper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the character Darth Maul but I'll more than likely pick up the new figure when released.

Bandai does need to release some jedi for sure; Old Ben Kenobi would be incredible!! as would Qui-Gon or any Jedi for that matter.

Reaction score
I picked up the special version of the Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper at my local Barnes and Noble. I was able to get 30% off with my 10% member discount and another 20% coupon. I was surprised when I saw this available when I was browsing the B and N website so I went down to my local store and they had a couple on the shelf. They also had the Taikoyaku Stormtrooper.
I just did the same today. I only had the membership and a 15% coupon...poor me. Very surprised that the special Version would be available in-store. Wasn't expecting to spend the $88 plus tax, but I couldn't pass it up. Didn't see the drummer Stormtrooper at my store. Thanks B&N for making these available. The only complaint would be the security cord around the box was too tight and slightly caused a small ding in the seams of the box...but that is only a minor headache.

Reaction score
I received the Taikoyaku Stormtrooper in the mail from B and N after using the 20% off coupon. For some reason, B an N doesn't let you use your 10% member discount online, but I couldn't pass up getting the drummer with the 20% off coupon plus free shipping.

Reaction score
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday when I got home after work. My wife found the Special Version Sandtrooper, what was once a convention exclusive packed with two shoulder pauldrons, at Barnes & Noble , and got it for me. We are members so while the figure sells for $114.95, we got it for less. I'm adding here some pictures for record keeping ...

Reaction score
I received the Taikoyaku Stormtrooper in the mail from B and N after using the 20% off coupon. For some reason, B an N doesn't let you use your 10% member discount online, but I couldn't pass up getting the drummer with the 20% off coupon plus free shipping.
Good for you. My wife got mine using the 20% discount coupons in the flyer that was mailed out to us and was also allowed to use the 10% member discount on top of that.

The Taikoyaku Stormtrooper you got is a cool looking figure, sporting very interesting accessories. Besides the drum set, the pole with banner gives it that an extra visual punch.

* Just for record keeping as it's been my intention with other Japanese names I've taken the time to add to this thread dealing directly with this line , here is another one for the Taikoyaku Stormtrooper...

SASHIMONO ( 指物, 差物, 挿物 ) : Small banner with pole historically worn by soldiers, and in special holders on the horses of some cavalry soldiers.The Sashimono pole was attached to the back of the chest armor by special fittings. The banners, resembling small flags and bearing clan symbols, were most prominent during the Sengoku period—a long period of civil war in feudal Japan from the middle 15th to early 17th century.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Amazon.co.uk currently have a deal on these. The Royal Guard is £64, Stormtrooper £55 and Taikoyaku Stormtrooper £64.79. A bit annoying as picked up the Royal guard for £71 last week, but so impressed with it have picked up another one, along with a Taikoyaku Stormtrooper.

Got the Meishou Darth Vader on order with Nippon Yassan so when these all arrive will almost have the full set. Looking forward to displaying this awesome series.

Reaction score
Amazon.co.uk currently have a deal on these. The Royal Guard is £64, Stormtrooper £55 and Taikoyaku Stormtrooper £64.79. A bit annoying as picked up the Royal guard for £71 last week, but so impressed with it have picked up another one, along with a Taikoyaku Stormtrooper.

Got the Meishou Darth Vader on order with Nippon Yassan so when these all arrive will almost have the full set. Looking forward to displaying this awesome series.
Couldnt pass on another stormie at £55 going to pick up another royal guard on pay day

Reaction score
That's a fair deal, at about 20% off their regular price. That's how much I've been paying for the Movie Realization figures I've gotten from my local collectibles store. Good for you, guys.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd preferred if they went the Oni (demon)mask style with Darth Maul. would seem more fitting to the line and a missed opportunity if they don't.

That Oni mask is awesome. Really menacing and perfectly fitted for the character.

Reaction score
Picked up the drummer too, wasn't going to but after seeing some images and the his priced reduced to £56 I couldn't not. Amazon ruined the box with those brown Amazon security tag/tape stuff though going to take a few tries to get the box looking good again.

Reaction score
Thanks Lightsword for having started this thread !

I have been looking over the net for months to see if there are any update for Jango since they showed him last year in December.
That's sad they haven't given us any update for him, but all the next figures like Darth Maul, Gamorean, Ig 88, Spear and snow trooper are amazing !!!

Cannot wait to get them all.

Actually I've just wanted to buy boba fett, but I have purchased every single figure they made so far, and I liked them so much I bought all of them in duplicate ( but 4 imperial guards ) to have them displayed at my house and my practice :p

This line is really amazing, I always like Star wars and Samuraïs, so the combo is perfect !!!

Looking forward to getting news !!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Lightsword for having started this thread !

I have been looking over the net for months to see if there are any update for Jango since they showed him last year in December.
That's sad they haven't given us any update for him, but all the next figures like Darth Maul, Gamorean, Ig 88, Spear and snow trooper are amazing !!!

Cannot wait to get them all.

Actually I've just wanted to buy boba fett, but I have purchased every single figure they made so far, and I liked them so much I bought all of them in duplicate ( but 4 imperial guards ) to have them displayed at my house and my practice :p

This line is really amazing, I always like Star wars and Samuraïs, so the combo is perfect !!!

Looking forward to getting news !!
You are welcome. Glad to see you are enjoying the thread.

As for Jango, it is unfortunate we haven't heard anything else about him since December of last year. I'm hopeful there'll soon be an update on him. Luckily we have other great figures to look forward to in the meantime, including the Archer to join the other troopers, and he's expected to be the first figure from the line to come out next year.

EE is having a cyber weekend sale on various items. The Samurai General Vader is $57 with free shipping.

www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=BA96411
That's a great price for an authentic Movie Realization figure. Thanks for sharing the link.

Reaction score
Mate, if you still have the original box, do this: buy another royal guard for the low price and return the first one to amazon. They give you 1 month to return an item. Unless it is damaged, they have no objections.. I myself have done it at least 2 times.. Chat with an amazon employee and they will direct you about it..

Reaction score
If anyone is still looking, and willing to pay a higher price, ThinkGeek now have the convention exclusive Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper Corporal/Sergeant (packed with a black and a white shoulder pauldrons) for $134.99 in stock. Also Barnes & Noble still has it in stock for $114.00

I know the price is high, but these could be some options if you haven't been able to locate a genuine sample of this trooper for a lower price somewhere else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If anyone is still looking, and willing to pay a higher price, ThinkGeek now have the convention exclusive Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper Corporal/Sergeant (packed with a black and a white shoulder pauldrons) for $134.99 in stock. I know the price is high, but it could be an option if you haven't been able to locate a genuine sample of this trooper for less somewhere else.
I bought 2 of them, They are really cool even if there is only the shoulder pad color different with the regular one.
Cannot wait they offer in preorder all what you posted here Lightsword !
Again thank you to have opened this thread because I do not find anything on internet regarding this meisho movie star wars even on Bandai website.
This line really blowed my mind !

Reaction score
I saw a convention exclusive Sandtrooper last Sunday at Barnes and Noble; They should still have it available at their website as well for a lower price than ThinkGeek, plus B and N usually offers discount coupons every week. They have a coupon available that ends tonight for 25% off. I drove out in a rainstorm last Sunday to pick up the Ronin Boba Fett for 40% off with coupon and member discount.

Reaction score
Yes. Thank you for the reminder. I added the link to my previous post, and at the bottom of this one :) The two pauldron Santrooper is still available at B&N's website, and at their brick and mortar stores in some areas, if it hasn't sold out. The coupons found in the Christmas mailer that B&N have sent nationwide should be of help to those that are not members. There's one offering 20% off on any item and can be used online as well as in physical stores, and it is good until December 24th.

Sandtrooper Sergeant/Corporal

ThinkGeek: $134.99

Barnes & Noble : $114.95

Last edited:
Reaction score
Was doing a bit of cleanup today and came across my original/first edition Samurai Vader figure. I never opened it and it doesn't really fit with my collection. Any body interested? I bought it directly from Bandai at SDCC in 2015. Was hoping to get $125 OBO. If interested PM me and I'll send photos.

Reaction score
Will be any toy show at the end of the year where they could announce some new figures to come in pre order soon ?

Reaction score
Will be any toy show at the end of the year where they could announce some new figures to come in pre order soon ?
As far as I know, any announcement will need to be made directly by Bandai, and I do not think they will have any other shows to attend before the end of the year. We've already seen what they have in mind to offer since the Jango Fett prototype was shown in 2015, and subsequently we saw some concept drawings of possible future figures. More recently Darth Maul's prototype figure was shown. Any announcement for new figures most likely will be made next year, considering we are just 2 weeks away for 2016 to end.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I been hearing good things about this line for months now and had held off on getting into them despite me liking how some of the figures turned out. I was at Box Lunch yesterday and saw the Royal Guard in person for the first time...they only had one and couldn't resist leaving it behind especially since they had some buy 2 SW items get one free sale going on. I'm guessing I overpaid somewhat since they were retail of $94 but figured between the sale and convenience of picking it up there was worth it.

Did not like all the prices I saw on Ebay though...many seemed much cheaper but I'm guessing vast majority were bootlegs. Hard to tell since prices were all over the place. For sure now I have to track that Vader. And I really hope that Gamorrean Guard comes out.

Reaction score
Did not like all the prices I saw on Ebay though...many seemed much cheaper but I'm guessing vast majority were bootlegs.
I've noticed many of the chinese or HK Ebay sellers that sell cheap loose 6" Black Series knock-offs have some of these Bandai figures as well, they must be bootlegs indeed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've noticed many of the chinese or HK Ebay sellers that sell cheap loose 6" Black Series knock-offs have some of these Bandai figures as well, they must be bootlegs indeed.
They are bootlegs. We incurred into this discussion a few pages back. While it is clear the high prices for these figures direct some army builders into buying bootlegs in order to create their armies, I really don't recommend it if you can avoid it. Better save for a good authentic quality figure, or simply adjust your buying to what you can afford. That said, if someone wants to buy the bootlegs, by all means, they have a right to choose what they want to do. But, we can't forget bootlegs could never compare to the quality Bandai offers. Keep in mind that while bootleg prices are very attractive, weak articulation points, soft plastic and less than sharp details are expected, as well as some over and under coloration of some of the parts. In some cases even small repairs might be needed to get a figure to stand or keep all parts attached.

As far as retail prices go for an authentic Movie Realization Star Wars figure in Asia, someone I know that lives in Hong Kong tells me the price has dropped quite a lot since around February. Over there it used to be around US$ 85.00, and it has gone down to around $60.00 for a figure. Some of their large toy retailers like Wonderland and Animes-Pro, are selling authentic Bandai Movie Realization Star Wars figures at these prices. Yet, it is nothing like those really cheap, shady prices some sellers from Asia have them listed for on Ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Toy Fair 2017 in New York takes place February 18-21, however, UK Toy Fair takes place January 24-26, a moth earlier than us. Bandai will be in London as one of the major licensees exhibiting. As they've done in previous years, Bandai should be doing the same in New York. Hopefully at either one or both of these fairs we'll get to know specific dates for some releases, and maybe the showcase of other figures not yet announced.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As far as I know, any announcement will need to be made directly by Bandai, and I do not think they will have any other shows to attend before the end of the year. We've already seen what they have in mind to offer since the Jango Fett prototype was shown in 2015, and subsequently we saw some concept drawings of possible future figures. More recently Darth Maul's prototype figure was shown. Any announcement for new figures most likely will be made next year, considering we are just 2 weeks away for 2016 to end.
Ok thank you LightSword for the update.
Really hope they will announce the pre orders of everything they showed us so far.
So many awesome figures to buy !

Reaction score
Hey, folks. Anyone still looking for the once convention exclusive Sandtrooper Sergeant/Corporal figure? If you are, here is a good deal to be had. ThinkGeek.com has discounted the figure to $99.99 plus shipping ( $7.95 Standard). They have it in stock right now. Definitely a much better price than Ebay, and the $114.00 - $134.00 that's been retailing for. Good luck !

Reaction score
Has there been any more info on the proposed R2-D2 inspired by temple bells? This line is in desperate need for something other than troops.

Reaction score
Has there been any more info on the proposed R2-D2 inspired by temple bells? This line is in desperate need for something other than troops.
Personally, I hadn't heard about a proposed R2-D2 looking like temple bells until you mentioned it now, therefore I wouldn't be able to comment on that. If anyone has any information on this figure, it'd be great if they could share it with us. As far as characters other than troops, there's the Darth Maul we've seen the prototype of, as well as a planned Gamorrean Guard, Queen Amidala and IG-88 ...

Last edited: