Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
When I first seen the Darth Vader release, I loved the idea of how they took some of the inspiration for the Darth Vader costume & created an entire ensemble out of it. I do like the other ones as well but man, I really don't need to start another line. I'm deeply, I mean DEEPLY afraid that if I get Vader, I'd start collecting them all.
I hear you. Maybe you have a stronger will power than I have, but as far as my own experience goes, that's how it all started for me. I went for the Vader figure as I thought the design was so authentic, and the fact I've always enjoyed watching Samurai movies, made it an attractive buy for me. Then came the Stormtrooper and I knew I had to have it. Then Fett was an easy buy, and now the Sandtrooper has come to join the army, and I find myself looking forward to other figures scheduled to come out. I think the whole idea is fantastic, the combination of these well known characters and the so visually appealing look of the Samurai sets them apart from many of the collectibles we see today. My advice, better think it twice before getting that Vader or you'll be prone to continue down the dark path of the force... and I wouldn't blame you for it. :)

Reaction score
Wow! i may pick this one up as i've yet to buy the orange pauldron Sandtrooper.

Reaction score
Thanks for the news, Sergiu. A definite grab to go along with the orange pauldron Sandie, or just by itself.

This is the down-low ...

MEISHO MOVIE REALIZATION TEPPOU ASHIGARU SANDTROOPER SPECIAL VERSION

Tamashii Nations will come to the Star Wars Celebration, in ExCeL London on 15-17 July 2016, with an exclusive figure. Don't forget to stop by our booth (S513) to purchase this very limited item!

The artillery packed Teppou Ashigaru Sandtrooper is back with a new, and highly exclusive black pauldron design! The right pauldron (shoulder armor) is charcoal black and indicates that this feudal Sandtrooper of the Galactic Republic (or in this case perhaps a Galactic Han) is of enlisted status. The Sandtrooper Special Version comes with two gun powder type rifles and a Japanese katana sword ready for battle. The special backpack is designed with meticulous detail and finished with a rusty look. Flexible material makes posing the Sandtrooper holding a firearm a breeze. The set includes interchangeable hands (x6), blaster rifles (small and large), Japanese katana set, backpack, and interchangeable white pauldron.

This summer commemorative event item will only be available at Star Wars Celebration, San Diego Comic Con, and a limited quantity on the Tamashii Web Shop (Japan only).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got my royal guard from EE.

I'm struggling to decide if I should display him with the Imperial insignia or with the cape. I like the way the helmet is constructed to give it some articulation, but it makes him look like he has a giraffe neck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My Royal Guard came today as well from EE. Great photos there Kielbassa. I like the figure a bit more without the cape, but it more reminiscent of the classic Royal Guard look in the movies with it. Either way you can't go wrong. I'll have to wait till next week to fully check mine out, once I get back from vacation. I am really enjoying this line.

Reaction score
I personally prefer teh Insignia showing, looks more Samurai.

At first I was wanting this figure. But after seeing it, something looks very odd about it. I think the helmet is too tall, and doesn't quite mesh with he rest of the figure. I think I'll pass on this one after all.

Reaction score
I have just started looking on ebay for the Ronin Boba and also eth Play Arts Square Enix Boba

But yes - Bootlegs....not always easy to tell which are real and which are not....especially when the pictures are invariably of the real thing...

If something seems too cheap to be true it probably is....what would the "expected" price of real ones be and how can you avoid getting duped ?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Orange pauldron is re-moveable on the sandtrooper?

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the images, Herb!

At a glance it seems Princess Amidala & Darth Maul are the only ones with costumes that are still very close to the original... not much wow effect...
I'm guessing the Black trooper between Boba Fett & ERG will be the Tie Pilot.... Snow trooper(beside is the AT-AT Driver?) lookin good! Still no sign of Scout Trooper....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the images, Herb!

At a glance it seems Princess Amidala & Darth Maul are the only ones with costumes that are still very close to the original... not much wow effect...
I'm guessing the Black trooper between Boba Fett & ERG will be the Tie Pilot.... Snow trooper(beside is the AT-AT Driver?) lookin good! Still no sign of Scout Trooper....
I think the black trooper is suppose to be a shadow trooper. Looking at the designs at CE it uses the head of a stormtrooper but different torso similar design to the torso pattern of the Death Star Vader. And the face next to the stormtrooper I hope is that the face is designed to have a cowl that's removeable

Reaction score
Here's what they put on their FB regarding SDCC exclusives:

SDCC 2016 Exclusive Ticketing System
It's that time of year everyone! In order to expedite the exclusive purchasing process, there will be two options you can do to get your items for the days after Preview Night. Note we will only be selling exclusive items and early sale items on Preview Night, and no exhibitors will be allowed to purchase that night.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Option #1 (For days after PV Night)
There will be a "fast-pass" ticketed option.
We will be giving out sticker tickets at our booth to those already in line and about to get in line Thursday-Saturday at 10AM and 12PM.
With this option, you will receive a sticker ticket and order sheet that will allow you to reserve 1 of each of the two exclusives. In choosing this option, you are allowed to leave and come back near the front of the line at a later, designated time on the ticket to pay and pick up your reserved item. This will allow you the freedom to roam the con! If you don't come back during the designated time frame on your ticket your reservation will be released to others. All ticketed sheets expire same day.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Option #2 (PV Night and all days)
First come, first serve
With this option, you will have access to up to 3 of each two exclusives as well as the ability to purchase limited "early-sales" (FiguartsZero EX Vegeta, S.H. MonsterArts Godzilla 1954, S.H. Figuarts Black Lady, S.H. Figuarts Naruto, S. H. Figuarts Leonardo and Donatello) items we will be bringing in for this show. Just get in line and fill out the order sheet given to you and bring to the cash register.

https://www.facebook.com/Tamashii.US...type=3&theater

I'll be there!

Reaction score
I think the black trooper is suppose to be a shadow trooper. Looking at the designs at CE it uses the head of a stormtrooper but different torso similar design to the torso pattern of the Death Star Vader. And the face next to the stormtrooper I hope is that the face is designed to have a cowl that's removeable

You've got a good point there, LambethL47.

Reaction score
Looking forward to the Archer, Gamorrean Guard and I-G88 the most. Lots of stuff to look forward to in this line. Thanks for the pics, Herb!

Edit: ... and Snowtrooper!

* I was hoping to see a take on the Scout Trooper, but apparently he isn't on the works yet. Seeing all these, though, I'm sure we'll get one sooner or later.

All of these look great:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Picked up the Drummer & Sandtrooper at Celebration.

Congrats, Herb. They look great!

I hope I can get a hold of that Sandtrooper from their site without having to result to Ebay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those awesome pictures ArTwoDeeTwo:) I really miss the "Like" button

Reaction score
Wonder if they will reveal anything at SDCC, perhaps release date of Jango?

Reaction score
Wonder if they will reveal anything at SDCC, perhaps release date of Jango?
Sadly they didn't reveal anything. I know they were hoping to get something approved by LFL in time but apparently they didn't.

Their SWCE display was probably the most interesting new information available.

Reaction score
That Gamorrean Guard is going to be a must-buy for me.

I absolutely love this line! Glad to see if going fairly strong, and that it continues to receive support. These are the 3 that I currently own, next would probably be the Royal Guard for me.

I too echo the sentiment that these would have been awesome in 1/6th scale, but I shudder to think about how pricey it would be to collect if that were the case. They are already a little bit on the expensive side, I think $50-$60 would be the sweet spot for these figures.

Reaction score
I'm considering several of these, though I don't know where I'm going to display them in a mancave already brimming with pop culture franchises. Do they not come with stands?

Reaction score
I'm considering several of these, though I don't know where I'm going to display them in a mancave already brimming with pop culture franchises. Do they not come with stands?
Unfortunately they don't come with stands.
Though they are quite sturdy when it comes to posing...

If you still need one, then these are great for it.
You might have heard of these....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003F256QI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003AH6EVY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=W5Q6WPM4FNWT96GHF1RY

Reaction score
Yea no stands with these, but their articulation is quite good so getting them to stay upright wasnt too difficult. Plus stands could add more bulkiness to the overall size of the figure, so maybe better for space saving without them?

These have become one of my favorite lines that are currently available. Going to be taking a trip to Japan in December so hoping to pick up a few more while I'm there.

Reaction score
I finally got around to pick up my sample of the Akazonae Royal Guard. I like the ease to attach his front robe piece to the chest area by simply removing the Imperial cog which exposes two openings for the pegs on the reverse side of the robe to go into. When fully attached, the front robe is also slightly turned to the right, as not to interfere with the handle of the Katana and allow for some movement. While I can see the helmet area might look a little odd because of it being sectioned into two parts, this clever idea, however, allows for a bit of action/rotation to the top part of the head.

I noticed the ball joints being tighter than on previous figures, making the articulation points very secured. By pushing up on the shoulders and shoulder pads towards the head, thus elevating their height, I was able to get rid of the gap between the helmet and shoulders, as a result minimizing the long neck appearance that is present when the shoulders are at a lower position. Great figure all around in my humble opinion. Here he is...

AKAZONAE ROYAL GUARD

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks ArTwo & ukepicker...Amazon actually had quite a selection from Bandai. I love the diversity of poses(something sadly lacking from Hasbro in current years. I may start with the sandtrooper(my fav. SW armor costume) & work from there. I loved that "battle" photoshop gallery further back...outstanding! THis base would be kinda interesting for a trooper or Vader. Kinda looks like Sullust.
Unfortunately they don't come with stands.
Though they are quite sturdy when it comes to posing...

If you still need one, then these are great for it.
You might have heard of these....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003F256QI/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003AH6EVY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=W5Q6WPM4FNWT96GHF1RY

Reaction score
Lightsword,

Welp, youve convinced me that the Royal Guard will be the next figure I buy.
Are those your pictures/edits or promo pictures from Bandai?

Reaction score
Lightsword,

Welp, youve convinced me that the Royal Guard will be the next figure I buy.
Are those your pictures/edits or promo pictures from Bandai?
Glad the pictures convinced you to get the Royal Guard, ukepicker. It's a great figure. To answer you question, the pictures are mine. It's the sample I just bought from Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. I've been working as a graphic artist for over fifteen years. If you look at the first page of this thread when I created it, there are other figures I did in the same style as the Royal Guard. That said, I would not mind doing some work for Bandai if the pay is good. :)

Reaction score
Great photos Lightsword! Looks amazing:)
Thanks, Herb. Hey I really like your Drummer Stormtrooper and black shoulder pauldron Sandtrooper. I'll have to look for one of those in the secondary market. Next for me will be the Drummer Stormtrooper when it becomes available in my area. It's a great, very unique looking line. I'm not an action figure collector, but Bandai really got my attention (and money) with this line. Japanese folks are very creative and their craftsmanship is top notch. This line proves it.

Reaction score
Your work is excellent! Ive seen your other photos around the other threads and always enjoy the extra mile you go into presenting your collectibles. Please keep up the great work, look forward to seeing more in the future!

Glad the pictures convinced you to get the Royal Guard, ukepicker. It's a great figure. To answer you question, the pictures are mine. It's the sample I just bought from Barnes and Noble on Tuesday. I've been working as a graphic artist for over fifteen years. If you look at the first page of this thread when I created it, there are other figures I did in the same style as the Royal Guard. That said, I would not mind doing some work for Bandai if the pay is good. :)

Reaction score
Your work is excellent! Ive seen your other photos around the other threads and always enjoy the extra mile you go into presenting your collectibles. Please keep up the great work, look forward to seeing more in the future!
Much appreciated your kind words, ukepicker. It's my small contribution to the collector community, and happy to continue. :)

Reaction score
Thanks, Herb. Hey I really like your Drummer Stormtrooper and black shoulder pauldron Sandtrooper. I'll have to look for one of those in the secondary market. Next for me will be the Drummer Stormtrooper when it becomes available in my area. It's a great, very unique looking line. I'm not an action figure collector, but Bandai really got my attention (and money) with this line. Japanese folks are very creative and their craftsmanship is top notch. This line proves it.
The Stormtrooper variants in this line are superb! Next i want the Archer & Spear man. I'm still on the fence with the Royal Guards, but your pics are swaying me to a purchase.:)
I sold my Ronin Fett, felt he just didn't fit in with my display...I'm totally digging my V1 Vader & various Stormies though.
Are you still sticking to the one of each figure "plan"?

Reaction score
Think BBTS had the SDCC sandtrooper variant...forget the price they were asking.