Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
wow.. Mexican and Polish lines are really rare and creative... Congrats on your collection. I myself have an extensive 'Turkish Uzay' bootleg collection.. Having spent my childhood in İstanbul, I regret the days when my parents bought me almost the complete line and being so young I just tore open the cards and played with them rather than keeping them mint unopened :) They would have been worth a fortune now... Cheers :)
Wow! Uzay is a fantastic and very interesting line, congrats to you on your collection, sounds amazing :) good for you bro.
I'd probably have been into them but they've always been a bit out of my budget, a bit like model trems.
I do have a Turkish game though, called Yildiz Savaslari with fantastic art on the box.
Never know, i might buy a few of the cheaper Uzay loose figures one day, just to have a few examples, same with the Brazilian Model Trems, both lines are great.

Reaction score
Wow! Uzay is a fantastic and very interesting line, congrats to you on your collection, sounds amazing :) good for you bro.
I'd probably have been into them but they've always been a bit out of my budget, a bit like model trems.
I do have a Turkish game though, called Yildiz Savaslari with fantastic art on the box.
Never know, i might buy a few of the cheaper Uzay loose figures one day, just to have a few examples, same with the Brazilian Model Trems, both lines are great.

Yildiz (Star) Savas (War) lari (plural) :) I agree, for some strange reason the UZAY prices have skyrocketed.. probably that's got to do with the awkward colouring :) blue star etc :) I know a few Turkish dealers so in the future if you decide to add a few loose Uzay figures let me know and I will do my best to locate them for you and then put you in touch directly with those collectors :) May the force be with you my friend...

Reaction score
Yildiz (Star) Savas (War) lari (plural) :) I agree, for some strange reason the UZAY prices have skyrocketed.. probably that's got to do with the awkward colouring :) blue star etc :) I know a few Turkish dealers so in the future if you decide to add a few loose Uzay figures let me know and I will do my best to locate them for you and then put you in touch directly with those collectors :) May the force be with you my friend...
Thankyou very much for the offer mate, i shall keep it in mind for sure.
Good luck with your collecting :)

Reaction score
Hello ! First of all, please note that English is not my first langage. I've just bought the C3PO figure - the one who looks like a geisha or something. I was wondering :
- Why the flask ? Is it supposed to be linked to an archetypal japanese character ?

Thanks a lot for your answers and be safe :)
Hi
The C3-P0 figure is a HONYAKU (translator) KARAKURI (robot, gizmo, clockwork) which is why he has a key on his belt, so the gourd, or flask, may contain oil to grease his wheels?
It's a great figure though, one of my favourites. I cant wait for Admiral Ackbar!

Reaction score
This is a cool line, being a bootleg collector i was interested if anybody here has any experience with the Chinese knock off's of these?
Whats the quality like?
thanks
Hi
I've bought quite a few of the Chinese versions, I always buy an original first, then bulk up on the same character if I want to squad build with the knock-offs. To be honest, they aren't that bad, maybe 65% of the quality? Some of the sculpting and glueing is off, but not overly noticeable. Some of the joints and fittings are a little loose, but that can be fixed easily. I can have 5 fake Stormtroopers for the price of 1 real one, its purely a finance thing, I cant afford 5 real ones. I get why its frowned upon by collectors. There is a good video on page 26 comparing 2 Darth Vader figures, I recommend you watch it, it highlights the differences.
I'm off to google the stuff you collect as I'm not aware of it, and it sounds mad haha.
Hope I've been of some help pal

Reaction score
Hi
I've bought quite a few of the Chinese versions, I always buy an original first, then bulk up on the same character if I want to squad build with the knock-offs. To be honest, they aren't that bad, maybe 65% of the quality? Some of the sculpting and glueing is off, but not overly noticeable. Some of the joints and fittings are a little loose, but that can be fixed easily. I can have 5 fake Stormtroopers for the price of 1 real one, its purely a finance thing, I cant afford 5 real ones. I get why its frowned upon by collectors. There is a good video on page 26 comparing 2 Darth Vader figures, I recommend you watch it, it highlights the differences.
I'm off to google the stuff you collect as I'm not aware of it, and it sounds mad haha.
Hope I've been of some help pal
Thanks mate, great reply, really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hello! I have been a lurker on the Rebelscum forums for about a month, and I've read all 27 pages of this particular forum. I mostly collect Hasbro Star Wars Black Series with the occasional Figuarts or Mafex figure tossed in. However, I have long wanted a vanilla, OT, Ashigaru Stormtrooper from this line.

Well, I finally got one! I was searching the Internet the other day and saw that Barnes & Noble had several figures from this line on sale for 50% off. However, this was for in-store pickup only. I live in the Pittsburgh area, and the only B&N which had the figure I wanted was in Morgantown, WV. A bit of a drive, but my wife and I had been talking about visiting Coopers Rock State Forest again. So we combined the trips, and I got my figure for $19.37 (after 50% off and a $25 gift card I had).

I am not here just to brag, though. I want to share my good fortune. Barnes & Noble is still listing a Taikoyaku Stormtrooper for 50% off ($42.47). Again, this is for in-store pickup only, and the B&N stores in my area which have one are the Waterworks in Pittsburgh; Cranberry, PA; and Morgantown, WV. However, if you have a local B&N with the figure in stock, I believe this online deal would be applicable.

Here is the link:

Also, the B&N in Morgantown had a handful of figures available at full retail price, but that might be a good deal on some of the figures, if you or someone you know can go to Morgantown.

Ashigaru First Order Stormtrooper $89.99

Ronin Bona Fett $89.99

Kanreichiashigaru Snowtrooper $94.99

Taikoyaku Stormtrooper $84.95 (but if you order using the link above, the figure should be 50% off)

Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper Special Version $114.95 (I suppose this figure will be of most interest to you)

Ashigaru Stormtrooper $82.95

Yariashigaru Stormtrooper $89.95

I hope this information is useful to one or more of you!

Reaction score
I supposedly got 2 Akazonae Royal Guards at one of my local B&N for half-off for that pick-up-in-store only. That store also had the Taikoyaku (Drum) Trooper but I already had 1 and didn't see a need for more.

Death Star Vader, Ashigaru Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers were also 50% off but good luck finding them. I already have a Vader but would have liked troopers.

Reaction score
I supposedly got 2 Akazonae Royal Guards at one of my local B&N for half-off for that pick-up-in-store only. That store also had the Taikoyaku (Drum) Trooper but I already had 1 and didn't see a need for more.

Death Star Vader, Ashigaru Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers were also 50% off but good luck finding them. I already have a Vader but would have liked troopers.

Do you have links to the half-off pick-up-in-store-only deal for those other figures? Especially Vader and the Sandtroopers? I can only find the link I shared above for the drummer. If I go to B&N's website directly, the figures are listed at full price.

Reaction score
Nevermind, I found the links. Here they are for anyone who is interested:

Reaction score
Don't feel like you have to if it's a hassle. I had already bought both Royal Guards at my local store anyway. There don't seem to be any troopers near me at all. I found 1 Stormtrooper in the next state and I actually have a relative that lives nearby but I'd either have to ask him or use visiting him as an excuse to go that far.

Reaction score
I do hope we could get Scout trooper, R2D2, Gamorean, IG88 and all the great concepts they showed us.

Even the Marvel line was crazy imo and characters like Thor, Hulk and Black Panther would have been awesome...

I still have a bit some hope the line is not dead though, I remember I had been waiting for Jango Fett for so long before they ended up offering us the preorder and maybe this covid-19 has slowed this line more than it was already the case...

Reaction score
I do hope we could get Scout trooper, R2D2, Gamorean, IG88 and all the great concepts they showed us.

Even the Marvel line was crazy imo and characters like Thor, Hulk and Black Panther would have been awesome...

I still have a bit some hope the line is not dead though, I remember I had been waiting for Jango Fett for so long before they ended up offering us the preorder and maybe this covid-19 has slowed this line more than it was already the case...

I am partial to Scout Troopers and would love it if they brought that concept to reality.

The Gamorrean Guard would also be an interesting addition to this line and bring something different to it.

Reaction score
Honestly, if they wanted to insert some new life into this line they could make some minor changes and release the IG-88 as IG-11 and do the same with Boba/Jango and the Mandalorian. IG-88 is the only concept they actually made into a figure that hasn't been released that I know of.

ronin-IG-88-pre.jpg

I'm not saying I don't want the old stuff, but with Season 2 of the Mandalorian coming out soon and its popularity it's an easy way to draw in new customers. Anything that keeps the line going.

Personally, what I didn't like was them making the ST characters that I have absolutely no interest in, even as samurai. I don't think there is nearly as much interest in those characters.

Reaction score
Kylo and Phasma were well done, but I wish Bandai would have done OT only figures.
Well, I somewhat agree considering I only have OT characters in this line so far but plan on getting Maul.

Then again, what constitutes an OT character, because we might not have gotten spearmen, drummers, or bowmen, even though they're Stormtroopers.

Generally speaking, I'm into aliens, droids, and cool armor so I would love to see them try something interesting with General Grievous, Clone Troopers (they've already done Stormies and First Order so only fair), and aliens like Bossk, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Chewy, etc...as oni/yokai type characters.

Reaction score
Well, I somewhat agree considering I only have OT characters in this line so far but plan on getting Maul.

Then again, what constitutes an OT character, because we might not have gotten spearmen, drummers, or bowmen, even though they're Stormtroopers.

Generally speaking, I'm into aliens, droids, and cool armor so I would love to see them try something interesting with General Grievous, Clone Troopers (they've already done Stormies and First Order so only fair), and aliens like Bossk, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Chewy, etc...as oni/yokai type characters.

You should get Maul he is awesome. I do not even collect Marvel but I did purchase all of them, because they are great.

For sure we should get ( or should have got ) Scout trooper and black panther, also IG88 and Ackbar as all of us saw. Thor was work in progress.
I would have liked R2D2 to go with C3P0.

This line is very slow, sometimes 1 or 2 releases per year.
2020 would be the first year since 2014 where they do not release some figures...

I reall y hope we will have a very good surprise before the end of this year...

Reaction score
I thought I'd throw this here in case it interested others. An artist who does traditional Japanese woodblock print art has 5 Star Wars inspired pieces and he is doing pre-orders for hanging wall scroll versions that end on 9/14. You can still get regular poster versions whenever but I prefer the hanging scrolls that are more traditionally Japanese inspired. These ones aren't actually woodblock printed, they're giclee print.

I already own 3 of his scrolls from the last time he had some leftover but none of the Star Wars ones were left.

They make good companion pieces to the Movie Realization figures.

Ukiyoe Heroes Shop

The_Hunter_s_Quarry_1024x1024.jpg

Reaction score
I thought I'd throw this here in case it interested others. An artist who does traditional Japanese woodblock print art has 5 Star Wars inspired pieces and he is doing pre-orders for hanging wall scroll versions that end on 9/14. You can still get regular poster versions whenever but I prefer the hanging scrolls that are more traditionally Japanese inspired. These ones aren't actually woodblock printed, they're giclee print.

I already own 3 of his scrolls from the last time he had some leftover but none of the Star Wars ones were left.

They make good companion pieces to the Movie Realization figures.

Ukiyoe Heroes Shop

The_Hunter_s_Quarry_1024x1024.jpg

Thanks for sharing! They are really cool. I quite like "Struck Down". I wonder if we will ever get figures that aren't based on creatures or in helmeted armor? I would be interested in an Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Movie Realization style.

Attachments

• Struck_Down_1024x1024.jpg
    Struck_Down_1024x1024.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
I still don't understand why don't we see a ronin Obi Wan, a samurai Luke.. so light side samurai characters are a must...

Reaction score
Next Tamashii con is from November 6th to November 8th.
Hope we will have some new prototypes and some preorders as well, or at least a display that proves the line is not dead...

Reaction score
What it would be awesome would be to make at least these 4 figures :

- Scout trooper to finish with the troopers and R2D2 to go with C3PO

- Mandalorian and IG88/IG11 because there is so much hype around Mandalorian and they can produce the robots and kill two birds with one stone

- regarding Marvel : Black panther like an posthumous tribute to the missed actor, Chadwick Boseman and Thor

Hope we will some nice stuff soon in November.

Reaction score
Hello, friends. Anyone looking for some original, previously released, Star Wars Movie Realization figures? I have a few I'm interested in selling. These are loose, complete with instructions, and in perfect condition. They are the real deal for inquiring minds. I don't sell crappy bootlegs. I bought them all from Barnes & Noble, but threw away the boxes. I've been a member here with perfect feedback since 2003. If any of them interest you, please let me know. Shipping would be exact to P.O standards according to where you live:

- First Darth Vader: $50.00
- Sandtrooper with yellow pauldron: $50.00
- Sandtrooper Exclusive: $60.00
- Snowtrooper with cannon: $60.00

Last edited:
Reaction score

Attachments

• N2543180001001_002.jpg
    N2543180001001_002.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 7
  • N2543180001001_005.jpg
    N2543180001001_005.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 6
  • N2543180001001_006.jpg
    N2543180001001_006.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
Reaction score
Well I thought when they introduced new stuff it would probably be from The Mandalorian but I'm not really feeling this one for some reason. I don't know if it is the new helm, the colors/scheme, but it doesn't feel nearly as authentically samurai as the others.

Reaction score
FYI

Anyone who is interested in the Meisho Movie Realization figures, Bluefin Distribution (U.S distributor for Bandai) has a special running currently...

Most are on sale for $60, ANY 2 (in stock) for $100...

65A61479-A97F-418C-B954-9932956C3D55.jpeg

Here is a link to the page (They have several in stock)....
https://www.bluefinbrands.com/bandai-hobby/star-wars-day.html

The discount will show after they are added to & then view the cart.

Reaction score
FYI

Anyone who is interested in the Meisho Movie Realization figures, Bluefin Distribution (U.S distributor for Bandai) has a special running currently...

Most are on sale for $60, ANY 2 (in stock) for $100...

View attachment 364873

Here is a link to the page (They have several in stock)....
https://www.bluefinbrands.com/bandai-hobby/star-wars-day.html

The discount will show after they are added to & then view the cart.
Thanks for the post and the link. Unfortunately, the FO Trooper is sold out which is the only one I need. If I hadn't spent so much recently on all the TVC and TBS preorders I'd jump on adding some extras to my collection.