Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
Nice to see they are still going forward with the Sequel Trilogy-inspired releases. I'm still on the fence about them, though. Will have to watch/read some reviews on them before I can decide whether or not to put them on my want list -- which, right now, consists only of IG-88.

Reaction score
Very bummed that Artoo wasn't announced at SWCC. I think it was an odd decision to not reveal him back when 3PO was announced. The two should have been released at the same time, or at least a month or two apart.

Reaction score
Very bummed that Artoo wasn't announced at SWCC. I think it was an odd decision to not reveal him back when 3PO was announced. The two should have been released at the same time, or at least a month or two apart.
Unfortunately, there isn't much rhyme or reason to this line.

Reaction score
I'm glad they didn't release them at the same time -- easier on my collecting budget. I hope they don't wait years to release Artoo, though.

Reaction score
I badly want they make R2D2, Scout trooper, IG88 and Gamorean.
I hope the next batch after Kylo Ren, Phasma and FO trooper will be some vintage SW figures.

Reaction score
It would be difficult to find a medieval Japanese counterpart to a fighter pilot

Reaction score
They've made C-3PO and IG-88 who have no real counterpart. If they can do them I think they could justify a tie pilot and At At driver perhaps as some kind of calvery unit.

Reaction score
They've made C-3PO and IG-88 who have no real counterpart. If they can do them I think they could justify a tie pilot and At At driver perhaps as some kind of calvery unit.
Anyway more figures they make happier I am.
Will see what are their plan.

Reaction score
You will not buddy.
Got Threepio in today. You were right: he does not disappoint.

I was let down by the Onmitsu Shadow Trooper. Just felt like Bandai could have done better with that release. I ended up selling it, and it was the last Movie Realization figure I purchased, which was sometime last year. That, coupled with the initial problem with the torso joint on the Spearman (no longer an issue), kind of soured me on new purchases from this line for a while. But I am glad to say that Threepio has made up for all that.

So far the only issue I have is with the lower jaw piece. It does not open as far as is shown on the back of the box image, but at the same time is a little loose so that it tends to be a little more slack than it probably ought to. But this is a minor issue and does not detract from my overall enjoyment of the figure.

Reaction score
Got Threepio in today. You were right: he does not disappoint.
All review and all my collector friends love him, and like you and I, were kinda surprised to like him so much.

I really hope they will make Artoo to go with him

Reaction score
Love the look of 3-PO. Haven't bought him yet. I've bought almost all my figures at my local Barnes but they haven't had any Meisho at all in the last few months.

Where/what is the best place to buy online? I know a few but am interested in everyone's suggestions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love the look of 3-PO. Haven't bought him yet. I've bought almost all my figures at my local Barnes but they haven't had any Meisho at all in the last few months.

Where/what is the best place to buy online? I know a few but am interested in everyone's suggestions.
I've had good luck on both Amazon and eBay. You just have to be careful of all the counterfeits. You can find some good deals but if the price is too good to be true, beware. If it's coming directly from China I'd pass.

Reaction score
Normally I get my Movie Realization figures on eBay, but I got Threepio from walmart.com. It was $86.91, but I had a $25 credit that helped sweeten the deal for me. It arrived on time and in excellent condition.

Reaction score
I could justify IG-88 as some sort of steampunk / bamboopunk robot, not unheard of in anime. But a fighter pilot is too far out there, unless he were cruising on a ninja glider lol

Reaction score
I say it every few months but I want a Shogun Emperor and an Oni Chewbacca. Those seem like no-brainers.

Reaction score
Barnes & Noble have some good deals going on right now. Most of their Movie Realization figures are 20% off for the May 4th sale, and you can put the 15% GIFTS4MOM coupon on top of that. Adds up to some nice savings on these figures. Just wish they had the C-3PO in stock.

Reaction score
New figures online and available on September and October 2019 :

Last edited: