Bandai : Movie Realization Star Wars

Reaction score
I've just received my sample of the Teppo Ashigaru Sandtrooper, and I'm very pleased with it. Another excellent figure, packed with lots of details and articulation. Beautifully ornate backpack, which is very easy to secure to the trooper via a sturdy peg. Worth praising is the working mechanism found on both muzzleloader weapons, the Ozutzu hand cannon and long rifle, allowing the strikers to be pulled back as if being ready to fire the ammunition. This easily overlooked but interesting feature, also found on the previous Stormtrooper release, shows the great attention to detail given to the manufacturing of these well crafted figures. Of interest as well is the height of the Sandtrooper, being slightly taller and bulkier than the previous Stormtrooper figure. Here are some pictures ...

Reaction score
Thanks, Sergiu!

The Sandtrooper is a great looking figure. Now, I'm looking forward to getting the Royal Guard.

Reaction score
The shop I buy from says he's getting the Royal Guard in on Wednesday from his suppliers in Spain so hopefully will have him by next week. Any news on when Jango will be released?

Reaction score
Lightsword, this is a fantastic thread and i'm ashamed to say i didn't know it existed. Your pictures are excellent!
I have picked up a few figures from this line, two troopers & version 1 Vader...i love them. I had Boba Fett, but sold him...felt he didn't display well with the other three...i wasn't going to continue the line until i saw your pics of the Sandtrooper...Gawd! collecting is a nightmare:grin:

Reaction score
The shop I buy from says he's getting the Royal Guard in on Wednesday from his suppliers in Spain so hopefully will have him by next week. Any news on when Jango will be released?
Good for you about the Royal Guard. He looks to be an excellent figure. If possible once you get him, please post some pictures. As for the Jango Fett figure, he will supposedly be released sometime this year, but no specific date has been announced yet. Unfortunately, all we have to go by at this time are the images of the prototype shown in the Akihabara showroom for the Tamashii Nations display. Hopefully we'll get to see his release sooner than later.

Reaction score
Lightsword, this is a fantastic thread and i'm ashamed to say i didn't know it existed. Your pictures are excellent!
I have picked up a few figures from this line, two troopers & version 1 Vader...i love them. I had Boba Fett, but sold him...felt he didn't display well with the other three...i wasn't going to continue the line until i saw your pics of the Sandtrooper...Gawd! collecting is a nightmare:grin:
Thank you for the kind comment, Herb. I'm glad you found your way to the thread and can get to comment with other fans of this line. No need to be ashamed, my friend. Fortunately we have so many threads here, it is difficult to discover many of them, and sometimes it could take a while. It's happened to me as well. I think it's a great thing this site offers such a wide variety of threads dealing with such a diverse amount of collectibles.

I hear what you saying about the Boba Fett. The colors are a little intense on that particular figure, and it kind of clashes against the more neutral colors of the other releases. I'm glad you like the Sandtrooper. I have a feeling you might also like the upcoming Archer and Drummer Stormtrooper. Indeed , collecting could be a nightmare that seems to never end. Sometimes when it seems we have it all under control, we suddenly find ourselves again collecting some of what we thought we had broken up with. It's that inner desire to take possession of what we find attractive.

Reaction score
It's really hard for me not to go deep into collecting this awesome Star Wars Samurai line. But I have to be careful, because as Julian said this could be the never ending story, and my budget and display space are not never ending unfortunately :D

Reaction score
I hear what you saying about the Boba Fett. The colors are a little intense on that particular figure, and it kind of clashes against the more neutral colors of the other releases. I'm glad you like the Sandtrooper. I have a feeling you might also like the upcoming Archer and Drummer Stormtrooper. Indeed , collecting could be a nightmare that seems to never end. Sometimes when it seems we have it all under control, we suddenly find ourselves again collecting some of what we thought we had broken up with. It's that inner desire to take possession of what we find attractive.
I don't mind Boba's colors so much, but I am displaying him without his jetpack. While the jetpack is an iconic part of the Fett costume, to me the Samurai aesthetic was more important. The jetpack is too "steam-punky" IMO.

I decided to display the sandtrooper sans pack as well.

Reaction score
I don't mind Boba's colors so much, but I am displaying him without his jetpack. While the jetpack is an iconic part of the Fett costume, to me the Samurai aesthetic was more important. The jetpack is too "steam-punky" IMO.

I decided to display the sandtrooper sans pack as well.
The fact the backpacks can be removed, and also the many poses that can be given to these figures thanks to their tremendous points of articulation, makes this line very suitable to individual taste and very collector friendly. Personally, I don't mind the color palette of the Boba Fett figure, although the colors do clash a bit with the other releases, but again, individual taste plays a roll with every release and it's a good thing we can get to choose what we want as collectors. I'm just glad they created this amazing line blending in so well the worldwide known Samurai aesthetics and the Star Wars look. Very clever and intricate designs in my opinion, we are seeing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know there are people who see this as an advantage, giving them a chance to army build certain characters from the line for a cheaper price. And while, indeed, everybody wants to save a little ... are we really willing to sacrifice ethics as collectors, and morals as individuals in order to buy a cheaper knock off?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and actions, thus I want to make that clear. If anyone is O.K knowing they're buying stolen property then that's their choice, and I hope it isn't just the beginning of a life endorsing intellectual crime. That said, personally, I will not be supporting this. As someone having some of my artistic work credited to someone else years ago (Sergiu knows about this), I can't be supportive of people using stolen ideas for their own gain, whether it being intellectual or monetary gain. These cheaper copies are manufactured goods made illegally without the copyright owner's permission, and which do not generate any gain for the original creator but for the THIEF instead. It is unlawful.

The auction I looked at shows pictures of the actual Bandai product, so it is hard to tell what these thieves' copies look like. There is also the fact that even if these were exact copies, there's a big chance people will find significant quality issues with the materials used for their manufacturing such as the plastic being too brittle, too soft, articulation issues, lack of sharpness in the details, color mismatching. Here is what one of the auctions reads. Pay close attention to the last statement in parenthesis, which pretty much tells you what to expect:

Bandai MOVIE REALIZATION Ashigaru Stormtrooper Star Wars Samurai Action Figure

Condition: new in box.
Project uses EPE packaging .
(Box in the transport process may be squeezed, but the project is good)
Collection box buyers please carefully consider before deciding whether to buy
Size: 18cm
Manufacture: China,Chinese Factory Homegrown products for SALE, good quality with all same accessories.
(All same as the original one, not so good quality,but really not bad)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm also not interested in getting a bootleg, despite the $20 price, though I'm still waiting to see comparison pics in hand. There is someone at SSF who seemingly bought a bootleg, but already has the original. He might take some pics to show us the differences.

Reaction score
I'm also not interested in getting a bootleg, despite the $20 price, though I'm still waiting to see comparison pics in hand. There is someone at SSF who seemingly bought a bootleg, but already has the original. He might take some pics to show us the differences.
I'm glad to read you feel that way, Sergiu. To be totally honest, I once bought a bootleg of GG's first Darth Vader mini bust on Ebay. I just couldn't afford the original at the time. So, just to avoid having my comments interpreted the wrong way, I'm no saint nor am I trying to play the roll of "father-knows-best" either. We all make mistakes. That said, I ended up getting rid of that Vader because it did not set right with my conscious, and also the fact of knowing what I had wasn't the real deal gave it a much lesser value. I don't want to sound like I'm putting down those folks buying these bootlegs (I've been there), but rather recommend to them to take a look at what is being supported with that type of purchase. As life goes by we have countless opportunities to improve our behavior, our beliefs, and so forth, and doing the right thing naturally improves our outlook on the world. Supporting the illegal practice of intellectual property theft isn't healthy for our personal growth. Personally, I've come to stay within my means. Buying what can be afforded is a lot more rewarding inside, than using illegal venues to get to something out of one's reach. But hey, what do I know; it could be old school thinking on my part, right? :)

In any case, I'm interested as well seeing clear comparison pictures of both, the Bandai product and the bootleg side by side, as well as an honest and detailed review on the quality of the cheap copy without being influenced by the low price paid.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know there are people who see this as an advantage, giving them a chance to army build certain characters from the line for a cheaper price. And while, indeed, everybody wants to save a little ... are we really willing to sacrifice ethics as collectors, and morals as individuals in order to buy a cheaper knock off?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and actions, thus I want to make that clear. If anyone is O.K knowing they're buying stolen property then that's their choice, and I hope it isn't just the beginning of a life endorsing intellectual crime. That said, personally, I will not be supporting this. As someone having some of my artistic work credited to someone else years ago (Sergiu knows about this), I can't be supportive of people using stolen ideas for their own gain, whether it being intellectual or monetary gain. These cheaper copies are manufactured goods made illegally without the copyright owner's permission, and which do not generate any gain for the original creator but for the THIEF instead. It is unlawful.

The auction I looked at shows pictures of the actual Bandai product, so it is hard to tell what these thieves' copies look like. There is also the fact that even if these were exact copies, there's a big chance people will find significant quality issues with the materials used for their manufacturing such as the plastic being too brittle, too soft, articulation issues, lack of sharpness in the details, color mismatching. Here is what one of the auctions reads. Pay close attention to the last statement in parenthesis, which pretty much tells you what to expect:

Bandai MOVIE REALIZATION Ashigaru Stormtrooper Star Wars Samurai Action Figure

Condition: new in box.
Project uses EPE packaging .
(Box in the transport process may be squeezed, but the project is good)
Collection box buyers please carefully consider before deciding whether to buy
Size: 18cm
Manufacture: China,Chinese Factory Homegrown products for SALE, good quality with all same accessories.
(All same as the original one, not so good quality,but really not bad)

No offense, but what bandai is charging in the first place is the real crime. All of these companies are overcharging so I couldn't care less.

Reaction score
I own an original, but would be interested in the bootlegs for sure if the quality wasn't too inferior. I don't really "play" with this stuff, just pose and display it. So if one or two bootlegs wound up with a broken limb that required some gluing, I wouldn't mind too much. Have four or five of these guys in various battle poses would look cool, so why not do it on the cheap?

Reaction score
Why should you avoid counterfeit goods?

You’re helping the trader to break the law and many fraudsters use the proceeds from selling counterfeit goods to fund drug dealing or other types of organised crime.
Buying fake goods contributes to job losses because genuine manufacturers are unable to match prices charged by rogue traders. You’re also depriving the genuine manufacturers of any profit.
Some counterfeit goods may be substandard, possibly dangerous and may even contain hazardous substances.

Reaction score
No offense, but what bandai is charging in the first place is the real crime. All of these companies are overcharging so I couldn't care less.
Well, it is Bandai's right to charge whatever they want. They are the creators. It is up to the consumer to buy their product or steer away from it if prices are considered to be a crime. Two wrongs don't make a right. But it is apparent illegal actions are no big deal today, and moral standards are viewed as inconvenient. Everyone has a choice nonetheless, as I previously stated.

Again, high prices are not a justification to do what's illegal to get to a product we might want. They shouldn't even be selling these on Ebay. No offense to you either, Seedkiller, by the way. Fair is fair and you have a right to state your opinion. Like so, it is also my opinion, as someone who follows the law, to act within it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why should you avoid counterfeit goods?

You’re helping the trader to break the law and many fraudsters use the proceeds from selling counterfeit goods to fund drug dealing or other types of organised crime.
Buying fake goods contributes to job losses because genuine manufacturers are unable to match prices charged by rogue traders. You’re also depriving the genuine manufacturers of any profit.
Some counterfeit goods may be substandard, possibly dangerous and may even contain hazardous substances.
Exactly, Herb. I'm glad to see you have been paying close attention to what bootlegging does and you feel it matters. Indeed this illegal practice is linked to a lot more than just making a quick buck out of stolen copyrighted material.

Furthermore, this thread was created to comment and post pictures on original Bandai Movie Realization product, not bootlegs. It'd be nice if we stick to that. People can buy whatever they want. That's up to their own standards. I'm not the "moral police", but I am someone who follows and enforces the law as part of my job.

Taking it even further, this site isn't supportive of bootlegging either, and it can be seen as part of the forum rules here:

Please be advise the Forum Rules have been updated with the addition of the following to the Trading and Selling Rules page.

"No sales or transactions of any type that involve a toy or a toy part or packaging that has been created from replica or original parts or parts from original molds is allowed."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Exactly, Herb. I'm glad to see you have been paying close attention to what bootlegging does and you feel it matters. Indeed this illegal practice is linked to a lot more than just making a quick buck out of stolen copyrighted material.

Furthermore, this thread was created to comment and post pictures on original Bandai Movie Realization product, not bootlegs. It'd be nice if we stick to that. People can buy whatever they want. That's up to their own standards. I'm not the "moral police", but I am someone who follows and enforces the law as part of my job.

Taking it even further, this site isn't supportive of bootlegging either, and it can be seen as part of the forum rules here:
The biggest criminals walk free all day, doing environmental, financial damage, etc., but yet you wanna cry off of some toy bootlegs??!! Hahahaha
The law, pfft, what's that? J walking seems to be a bigger crime than stealing billions being a banker in this country.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to stir the pot, but I hardly think illegal arms dealers, drug kingpins, and those dealing in human trafficking are supplementing their funds by selling a few batches of knock-off Star Wars toys, heh. Unless someone can give me solid proof that this is the case, I'll just chalk it up to rhetoric and keep buying the occasional bootleg once every couple years.

Reaction score
Not to stir the pot, but I hardly think illegal arms dealers, drug kingpins, and those dealing in human trafficking are supplementing their funds by selling a few batches of knock-off Star Wars toys, heh. Unless someone can give me solid proof that this is the case, I'll just chalk it up to rhetoric and keep buying the occasional bootleg once every couple years.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Bandai can charge whatever they want for their stuff, if they feel it will sell. And it sells. The fact that someone cannot afford something it is not their problem. If you want product X then save money to buy it, maybe you should sacrifice a bit to get the original, and thus respect all the creativity and work put into it.

Reaction score
Not again - double post, this issue needs to be fixed already

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering the Govt. claims that selling pot is how terrorists fund their origination, I guess anything is possible... :rolleyes:

Everyone everywhere sells something to increase their income.

Reaction score
Although I think these are cool looking figures, they seem more Hasbro to me than high end so for that reason I've steered clear really, they certainly stand out though & would draw the eye I think..., impressive but just not for me. :)

Reaction score
Although I think these are cool looking figures, they seem more Hasbro to me than high end so for that reason I've steered clear really, they certainly stand out though & would draw the eye I think..., impressive but just not for me. :)
The only thing that doesn't make me happy about them is the smaller size, the reason I only got the Stormtrooper. If they made them 1/7 or 1/6 these would be at the same level as other 1/6 figures/statues and most likely I would have collected them all.

Reaction score
The only thing that doesn't make me happy about them is the smaller size, the reason I only got the Stormtrooper. If they made them 1/7 or 1/6 these would be at the same level as other 1/6 figures/statues and most likely I would have collected them all.
They look great on a shelf as a group, as you get to enjoy all the different styles and poses. I think some companies nowadays are manufacturing collectibles with a space saving idea in mind, hence the smaller pieces. Take for instance Kotobukiya with the ArtFx sub line, Attakus and the future Gentle Giant line of smaller statues. Bandai seems to follow this trend. I know we can get a lot more details from larger sculpts, and indeed, it would be nice seeing these detailed figures also offered as a 12" line. Maybe they'll offer them later on? Personally, I like their size because I can get to collect a few of them (collecting just one of each), without sacrificing much space. I would definitely recommend you the Sandtrooper to go with your Stormtrooper, Sergiu. I also hope that at some point the give us a Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper.

Reaction score
They look great on a shelf as a group, as you get to enjoy all the different styles and poses. I think some companies nowadays are manufacturing collectibles with a space saving idea in mind, hence the smaller pieces. Take for instance Kotobukiya with the ArtFx sub line, Attakus and the future Gentle Giant line of smaller statues. Bandai seems to follow this trend. I know we can get a lot more details from larger sculpts, and indeed, it would be nice seeing these detailed figures also offered as a 12" line. Maybe they'll offer them later on? Personally, I like their size because I can get to collect a few of them (collecting just one of each), without sacrificing much space. I would definitely recommend you the Sandtrooper to go with your Stormtrooper, Sergiu. I also hope that at some point the give us a Scout Trooper and Snowtrooper.
With how popular these are & the way they are releasing the characters,
I'm pretty sure the Scout & Snowtrooper will be coming soon.

Now you got me thinking - what if they released Tie Pilot and AT-AT driver versions as well?
No wait- and a Darth Sidous in feudal emperor costume? Hmmm...

Reaction score

Now you got me thinking - what if they released Tie Pilot and AT-AT driver versions as well?
I think when the line first started up they had a art styled image of stormtroopers with some mountains in the back ground and mixed into the army of stormtroopers were a couple of scout troopers so I can imagine that would probably be the next imperial figure.

Would love a tie fighter in black feudal armour I d likely get two.

Reaction score

That would be fantastic! Any Imperials they're willing to produce, I'm all for them. I'd love to see their take on a Tie Fighter pilot, and what they would do the enhance the basically monochromatic black color of the outfit. We've seen already how great both Vader's they've made look, so one is to expect something just as good for the Tie pilot.

I think when the line first started up they had a art styled image of stormtroopers with some mountains in the back ground and mixed into the army of stormtroopers were a couple of scout troopers so I can imagine that would probably be the next imperial figure.

The Sandtrooper and Scout Trooper have always been my favorite Imperials, hence why I've been collecting a number of pieces related to this biker. It'd be a very well received addition to my collection if the Scout Trooper is next in line. Also, now that you brought it up, I do remember seeing some early artwork for this line with a Scout Trooper and Snowtroopers. I think this might be the one you were referring to ...

Reaction score
Yes that's the image I was referring to light sword! I like the stormtroopers design to the right of Vader helmet looks pretty sweet.

Reaction score
When I first seen the Darth Vader release, I loved the idea of how they took some of the inspiration for the Darth Vader costume & created an entire ensemble out of it. I do like the other ones as well but man, I really don't need to start another line. I'm deeply, I mean DEEPLY afraid that if I get Vader, I'd start collecting them all.

Reaction score

That would be fantastic! Any Imperials they're willing to produce, I'm all for them. I'd love to see their take on a Tie Fighter pilot, and what they would do the enhance the basically monochromatic black color of the outfit. We've seen already how great both Vader's they've made look, so one is to expect something just as good for the Tie pilot.
I'm pretty sure the Tie Pilot, Snowtrooper & all that comes next will be awesome in design,
However for the Biker Scout I hope they'll do a more 'ninja' design approach rather than the usual warrior-style...
Cos to me the Scout's outfit is more minimalistic(referring to film) as compared to other armours... eg. like the mini blaster can be replaced with 'shurikens' or some sort...

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Tie Pilot, Snowtrooper & all that comes next will be awesome in design,
However for the Biker Scout I hope they'll do a more 'ninja' design approach rather than the usual warrior-style...
Cos to me the Scout's outfit is more minimalistic(referring to film) as compared to other armours... eg. like the mini blaster can be replaced with 'shurikens' or some sort...
I get exactly what you are saying about the Scout Trooper. I visualize it as having a more slender look, tighter outfit with smaller weapons and maybe a long rifle.