Bandai 1/72 Red 5 X-Wing Fighter model

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but wanted to show this side by side comparison which highlights the phenomenal job that my friend Steve from Sweden has achieved on my 1/72 Bandai X-Wing Fighter.
In the second photo, the original ILM model (approx. 1/24 scale) is on the left and the 1/72 Bandai model is on the right. I added a hint of canopy "glass" onto my model photo so it was a truer side by side comparison.
I am awestruck about how much accuracy Steve was able to achieve on this comparatively tiny model but still look almost a duplicate of the ILM model. My sincere thanks to a VERY talented modelmaker and friend. :)(y) Currently on the bench is the Bandai 1/72 Gold Leader Y-Wing!

Attachments

• Bandai-1-72-X-Wing Fighter.jpeg
    Bandai-1-72-X-Wing Fighter.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Final-Comparison.jpg
    Final-Comparison.jpg
    647.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reaction score
Bandai really does go above and beyond to recreate every detail from the original studio models. Besides their quality fit and finish, their attention to detail cannot be overstated. Of course only by a skilled builder can it really shine as you have shown. (y)

Reaction score
Yes, the Bandai kits are so beautifully made. Here's a photo that shows just how incredible it is to be able to recreate the ILM paintjob on a model that is so much smaller than the original 1/24 scale filming miniature.

Attachments

• 1-24th-and-1-72nd.jpg
    1-24th-and-1-72nd.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 17