Badge Set?

Reaction score
Shivannd said:
got mine too...debating on whether to get a second set....as you all said "as if we didnt spend enough at CIV"
You know that they are going to sell out....I wonder if they are laminated like the actual badges...anyone know?
Don't even get the thought of getting a second set in my head...

Reaction score
Shivannd said:
I wonder if they are laminated like the actual badges...anyone know?
They better be. The ones from past celebrations have been.

Reaction score
They should be laminated. it'd be ultra cheap if they weren't laminated. I'd be pissed. The price was bad enough. +shipping + tax - killer

Reaction score
Well according to FedEx, mine will arrive on Thursday June 7th.

Ill throw this out there again: Anyone have a CII set they're willing to part with?

Reaction score
already on ebay for upto $150. are these boxed or just people who got their hands on a full set from the show?

Reaction score
Crap - I've been so busy lately, I haven't been able to check the store, plus it's blocked at my work!

I wish they would be able to presell them to con attendees.

Anyone have an extra set?

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fettz_Foot_Dr said:
already on ebay for upto $150. are these boxed or just people who got their hands on a full set from the show?
I don't think the sets on eBay are official sets. My set will be here Thursday and I can't imagine anyone getting their's much sooner. They aren't in anything, they're just laying on a table all bunched together. I would think that these badges will come in some sort of container from SWS.com. It might not be the nice wooden box we got from Celebration III, but perhaps a sleeve or packet maybe.

If that's the case and those sets are going for $150, I can't wait to see what an official set will go for.

Reaction score
These badge auctions are insane. I'm considering putting my (unpunched) VIP badge up on eBay (which was signed by John Knoll, among others).

Reaction score
Did anyone get a tracking # from SWS yet? I got mine, but the number isn't working. I'm getting a "Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct." Anyone else getting this?

-Snags

Reaction score
BlueSnaggletooth said:
Did anyone get a tracking # from SWS yet? I got mine, but the number isn't working. I'm getting a "Sorry, no parcels matched your tracking numbers. Please verify the entered tracking numbers and customer id are correct." Anyone else getting this?

-Snags
I got this too, but it said that they are updated daily, so it could be coming soon.

Reaction score
Mine isn't tracking either. But if they truly did send it, I should have it today. We'll see I spose.

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I was starting to worry a little. I guess the badges will show up later today.

I can't believe they sold out of them so quickly - the demand is much higher than I thought it would be.

-Snags

Reaction score
BlueSnaggletooth said:

-Snags
Mine works. Will be here on Wednesday or Thursday.

Reaction score
I logged into my account at SWS and the tracking number on there is different than the one they sent me and it says that it's on the truck for delivery.

Reaction score
DarthJaq said:
I logged into my account at SWS and the tracking number on there is different than the one they sent me and it says that it's on the truck for delivery.
Cool - I just did the same thing and that tracking # works. Mine should be here today.

-Snags

Reaction score
My set came today. The badges came bound between metal plates. The front plate is embossed with the CIV logo.
There is a protective film over the plates so it looks bad in the pics.
Very nice in my opinion.

Reaction score
Nice presentation. Do the clasps open if you want to display the badges in some other way?

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics! Why didn't I order an extra set when I had the chance?

Reaction score
Darn you West Coasters and your early "getting the goods" ways.............

I'll have to try the SWS tracking number and see where the heck mine is. Will take about five days to make its way to Chi-town.

Again, if anyone has an available JAKE print for sale, please PM me!!!

I have a nifty idea for these badges.

Reaction score
Yes. The rings are hinged and can be removed.

BigDumbWookiee said:
Nice presentation. Do the clasps open if you want to display the badges in some other way?

Reaction score
that is pretty nice. I do hope they can come out. After I get them auto'd I don't want to carry them around to anymore cons.

Reaction score
BlueSnaggletooth said:
Sweet! I can't wait for mine to get here!! I wish FedEx would hurry up...

-Snags
As long as they don't deliver it to another residence like that one time, you are set!

Reaction score
Yeah these are sweet. And to think we were worried they would not be laminated, lol/

Reaction score
oh wow! Those look great! I'm crossing my fingers they'll be on line again

Reaction score
got mine today. Just opened it. Talk about heavy metal. Very sturdy metal covers. The badges look superb. Still $30 or less would've been a better price point considering how much I already spent on CIV (and the car I had to buy that week!) The bikerscout badge is my fave of course!!

Reaction score
So this thing is still not back up after popping up twice. I guess we've seen the last of it.

I'm thinking of framing all of the badges, including the metal covers - what are you guys doing with the badges?

Reaction score
I cant believe I keep missing these. I was all set to order mine and as I was puting in my CC info it told me the item was sold out when I got to the last page! What a bummer!

Reaction score
what a bummer, indeed... I mean, how many did they put up for sale, anyway? I was really looking forward to getting these! No use crying over spilt blue milk, I guess...

Reaction score
The badge set actually lasted a lot longer that I expected.......

It was up for a couple two, three hours I believe.

Just had to be online at the right time.

Reaction score
aceattorney said:
So this thing is still not back up after popping up twice. I guess we've seen the last of it.

I'm thinking of framing all of the badges, including the metal covers - what are you guys doing with the badges?
I get them autographed and have plans to one day frame them.