Bad eBayer list - AVOID these sellers/buyers

Reaction score
Budspencer said:
i was looking at solo's shop items and i am really on the fence with his items, i have not bought from him and he does display a lot of pics for his items he sells but i think he over grades his items. He has posted a lot of items that are of C9 grade according to him but if i go with the knowledge of the grading convention he is totally off with his grades....

example: selling and Han toon which he claims is a c9 but the figure as really bad spots of discoloration on the hair parts if you look at his pics. this is the reason i did not buy from him yet.
Well a C9 in Solo's Shop is only equivalant to an AFA 80 grade which is not a perfect figure.

I was under the impression this thread was for scammers,repro sellers,and generally dishonest people?

Reaction score
Like i said i am on the fence because the items in my opinion are over graded on some of them. Now you just said that a c9 at his ebay shop is worth an AFA 80 or something to that effect. all fine and dandy but he has to decide which system to use when he sells his things c grade or possible afa grade. . If he thinks that most people want to have their items afa graded after purchasing i think he is wrong. And trying to over grade to the effect of having them graded afa after is not good business either. I am not an expert but i have read the c grade guidelines and some toys do not fall into the high category as he claims them to be. sorry. the toys are nice looking but too many defects are apparent.

However i can say that at least he takes the effort to show the toys he sells from different angles so you can see what you are buying. all he has to do is revise his grades and adjust the prices to the grade and i wont have to say anything about this.

nuff said...

Reaction score
i carn't see your problem with solo shop

now if someone says something is c9 then imo it is not mint it has faults or it would be a c10
or could put it this way if someone is selling a c9 and has a bad picture of what you are buying then fair enough i get your point

but solo shop has listed it as c9 so it is not perfect and he puts exelent pictures of the item you are buying so you can see what you are getting

so imo solo shop is doing nothing wrong infact he is doing a lot more than most ebayers pluss i have bought from solo shop before and allways had exelent service

jase

Reaction score
I was watching a listing about a baggie from this seller on ebay UK - jediretrocards

He was IMO misleading regarding the small head han solo baggie he had listed, I asked him in first message about its history if he knew it & he responded saying he bought is some 8 years ago himself on ebay, but when asked in a second message if he would provide a few close up photos of the heat seals he didn't not even bother responding, after some searching regarding the baggie type I found that it was indeed as I had suspected a re bagged figure.

Misleading & decietfull IMO & may be worth adding to the list.

Here is a link to the item in question -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350490273...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1156

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Jediretrocards is Nathan Edwards AKA costablancastarwars and he's made every bad Ebayer list for years now. His business is reproductions so I wouldn't trust anything to be legit.

Reaction score
Ebay user ID - stillluvtoys

Block this user immediately. She had buyers remorse after buying an item from me. She didn't look at the photos or description carefully ND had buyers remorse. Tried to elicit a huge partial refund. When I refused and accepted a return for a full refund without any incident, she left me a negative feedback for no reason other than spite. This was my first negative feedback in 8 years as an ebay member. Thanks

Reaction score
Let me express my strong opposition against those who think legit repro suppliers should be boycotted.

Some of us prefer pristine, brand new accessories (especially capes) to display figures, and those are repros. Not all collectors are purists about the originality of the figure and prioritize their condition. Bubbles are most of the times used by honest collectors or customizers to perfect or create that special item they crave. The same would be to support the banning of digital media writers because they can be used for piracy.

Now that I'm thinking. Wouldn't be better if all those scammers were put away?

Around my neighborhood you get 6 months to three years for that, and if by selling fake figures as the real deal, you also messed voluntarily or not with a bank, credit card or insurance company (and that happens most of the time), you are in DEEP.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Considering this is an anti-repro site you are not going to get a very favorable response....buying from repro sellers just makes you part of the growing problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Let me express my strong opposition against those who think legit repro suppliers should be tolerated.
There you go. I fixed it so now you can join the ranks of the educated collectors who care about the hobby overall and not their own selfish wants.

Ian

Reaction score
There you go. I fixed it so now you can join the ranks of the educated collectors who care about the hobby overall and not their own selfish wants.

Ian
In the MEGO community repro parts are an accepted part of the hobby and there's no way an educated collector would not discern a repro part from an original. Same here to some extent.

If not for replacement or repro parts, the restoration and preservation of antiquities in general and toys in particular would be impossible.

Take for example the Vlix figure. If not for repro parts and the good work of customizers only 20 people or so IN THE WORLD would be able to experience what is to have that figure carded, to actually hold it. Is the value of a Vlix any lower because there are reproductions? Can any of you think of a more selfish attitude towards the hobby than denying others to have or complete a certain figure because of the risk of tarnishing the "purity" of the hobby environment with replacement parts?

COME ON!

VINTAGE TOYS FOR ALL!

For the sake of staying on topic I won't go on with this. It's my opinion and I stand by it as long as I don't get scammed with a repro part and it makes stiff serious collectors mad.:awesome:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Take for example the Vlix figure. If not for repro parts and the good work of customizers only 20 people or so IN THE WORLD would be able to experience what is to have that figure carded, to actually hold it.

VINTAGE TOYS FOR ALL!
Except for the person holding the fake Vlix still doesn't know what is like to hold a vintage carded Vlix in their hand. It is fake and feels the same as any fake carded figure.

Repros are NOT vintage toys.

Reaction score
Take for example the Vlix figure. If not for repro parts and the good work of customizers only 20 people or so IN THE WORLD would be able to experience what is to have that figure carded, to actually hold it.
Repro talk aside, it's stuff like this that kind of drives me a little nuts, collecting wise :) The ENTITLEMENT. People thinking they DESERVE to have something. They dont care that it's rare, or expensive - Just because people want something, doesn't mean they should just have it. It's like people who get angry because comic con exclusives exist.

On the flip side, yes, many hobbies DO support reproductions. MEGO for one, and Transformers has a whole secondary market of people making replacement parts, stickers, upgrade parts, etc... Both MEGO and Transformers collecting hobbies also seem to be flourishing - It just seems to be a different mindset for Star Wars collectors. I have been collecting since "the beginning" and repro parts have never been wanted in vintage Star Wars. The extremes of peoples intolerance for them has changed, but the overall want for "part purity" has seemed to be a solid constant.

Reaction score
Watch out for hangman77 and roglee on EBAY.
They have been bidding on my stuff and then retracting the bids stating wrong amount bid.
I dont mind this usually but they both did it at the same time and I have no idea why they are doing it.
Not nice people or person either way.

Reaction score
Duclarky - won a sealed 2012 Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar off me but hasn't paid up. Doesn't respond to communications, so I've opened an Unpaid Case against him.

EDIT: Oops. Apologies - didn't realise this was for Vintage toys. The calendar doesn't qualify as that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Anybody heard a a guy with the username gradest-sportscards on EABY. Guy bid my item right up and won and now guess what....... He is telling me he does not want it as its too much and thinks people bid him up?

I have never done that in my life and would not want anyone to do it to me and the guy who was bidding against him was from another country from me and really wanted it too.

He has accused me of Schill bidding so I replied I was happy for EBAY to investigate it and I can give any info they want, but to be honest I think Im better off not selling to him now. He sounds dodgy to me.

What do you guys think? Ever heard of him before?

Regards
Ian

Reaction score
Anybody heard a a guy with the username gradest-sportscards on EABY. Guy bid my item right up and won and now guess what....... He is telling me he does not want it as its too much and thinks people bid him up?

I have never done that in my life and would not want anyone to do it to me and the guy who was bidding against him was from another country from me and really wanted it too.

He has accused me of Schill bidding so I replied I was happy for EBAY to investigate it and I can give any info they want, but to be honest I think Im better off not selling to him now. He sounds dodgy to me.

What do you guys think? Ever heard of him before?

Regards
Ian
never heard of him but anyone who acts like this your better off cancelling get your fees back and block him, then relist. someone else will buy it. because he sounds like a headache waiting to happen. dont sell to him. ive done it before. someone acts shady or needy cancel and relist and block them.

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wanted to add the roglee guy I posted a watch out on here for did actually message me and correct everything with me so thought I would pst that on here also.
Regards
Ian

Last edited:
Reaction score
After 13 years, just got my 1st negative feedback :) Sweet!

schongar0 and achille0152

These accounts belong to the same eBayer. Buyer 1st contacted me with achille0152 account to purchase outside of eBay. I tell him no. Buyer then gets winning bid on new schongar0 eBay account with 0 feedback from France and request I send him info for Western Union payment. I tell him I don't accept Western Union, I only accept PayPal. Time goes on and buyer never pays as he insist on Western Union. I never bothered filing non-paying buyer. Figured this would just expire and go away. Nope. Now have a negative feedback. So annoying. Hope I can get it removed.

Google Translation: "no, do not want to sell because fairly cheap"

Is this translation bad because I don't understand what he's getting at? Dude, you won. You just had to check out.

Anyway, I say avoid. Super pushy! Uses 2 accounts.

Reaction score
Should be easy. Call ebay and avoid 40 emails. Good Luck. This is why I avoid overseas buyers.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to come here with a blast from the past--just had a very unpleasant experience with "luvmyteeth" on eBay, and I see that he (she?) was already reported here way back in 2007!

In early December I put up most of my remaining loose vintage figures for auction, a little over 50 auctions. There's always gotta be one buyer who's a total pain, and this guy was it. I knew he would be bad news from the get-go when he started off with a rambling, incoherent e-mail that seemed like it was written by someone elderly with dementia. Then he wanted to talk on the phone and persuade me into letting him pay for the item he won privately, outside of eBay, in order to skirt sales tax I guess? I refused and asked that he go through Paypal and all the proper channels.

Once he received the item he nitpicked the condition and wanted a partial refund that equated to about 40% off the original price. I refused and told him I basically don't do partial refunds but go ahead and send the item back for a full refund, no questions asked. Over 50 figures sold and this guy was the ONLY one who had any issues whatsoever.

After more whining about the partial refund, I finally offered to cover his return shipping to send the item back to me, and I never heard from him again. Weeks go by without him reaching out, and now a few days ago he hits me with negative feedback out of the blue. Haven't had a negative in about 10 years, and in that time as you all know, the feedback system has become completely one-sided, so I have very little recourse. Looks like he's done the same thing recently to another seller, AFTER the item was returned and the seller issued a full refund.

Avoid at all costs!

Reaction score
Feedback does side with the buyer far too often, unfortunately. I remember in the late 90's, early 2000 it was the other way around.

Negative feedback can be challenged buy a seller if you handled it properly. And it does indeed sound like you handled it properly. You offered a return with paid shipping — it is on the buyer to return it. Did you actually mark the item as a return and send them digital return labels?

Reaction score
comical--I did not initiate a return through the eBay system since the buyer never agreed to follow through with it. I felt like that might be opening a new can of worms, with him claiming that I railroaded him into a return or who knows what.

At this point I think I've exhausted all the options I have with eBay--I've reported him for demanding a partial refund, trying to steer the transaction outside of eBay and for trying to change the method of payment. I've encouraged the other seller who got burned to do the same.

They aren't gonna do jack about removing the feedback unless the buyer agrees to it, which isn't going to happen at this point. He's already burned his bridges and I'm done corresponding with him. At this point I'm just waiting for the 90 day mark so I can leave a response to his nasty feedback.

Reaction score
Looks like I might end up on here as a bad buyer. Lol. I bought a indy map room and it had repro hook and cracked thumb. Seller said send it back and never buy from him again.

I haven't bought figures in a long time and I'm starting my Indy collection. So far, repro is everywhere and this is my 3rd out of 6th purchase that had repro in them. WTF man. Lol. I'm so glad I finished star wars years ago.

Update. Seller contacted me and offered to exchange the hook to non repro. I didn't ask him to, so it's worth mentioning. He also offered to throw in the missing satchel. The satchel wasnt offered in the original action so I didn't want to take advantage and declined the satchel and accepted the new hook.

Last edited: