Bad eBayer list - AVOID these sellers/buyers

Reaction score
Rasmus_Hult said:
Bottom line is that all people that post in here are on the same level, mods/noobs and even Swedish people (well aside from Mattias). If not then what will this forum turn into over time?
I agree with this I tried to buy something from Matts at a lower price than he wanted to sell it to me and I didn't think of posting my experiance here, it never crossed my mind. Let this be a warning to all if you DON'T take my offer you are a bad seller imo and will be delt with public humilation

Unfortunately Matts has too many nice items come up for sale so I’m sure in the future I’ll be buying something which would make me a bad buyer for being a hypocrite.

Reaction score
In fairness to James, I know him well enough to know that his post was not about 'this guy didn't take my offer, so I'm going to badmouth him'

It seems to me that it's all about frustration with being blocked for reasons James doesn't understand and that Keith is unwilling to explain. Wouldn't any of us be really, really frustrated with a seller if they had something we wanted but we were blocked from bidding on it without any explanation whatsoever? I would and I would guess if we're all honest, we all would be *very* frustrated and upset about it.

I would like to think that it's not unreasonable to expect some kind of explanation in this kind of situation. It's like any disagreement...if someone's upset with you but won't explain why...it's infuriating.

-John

Reaction score
I wouldn’t go so far as to say a seller owes and explanation why he blocked a buyer. However I would say providing an explanation would be the courteous thing to do, but again a choice not a right.

Reaction score
The fact that someone is blocked by someone doesn't mean he's a bad trader/ebayer. Thus a post here about someone being unprofessional because someone was blocked, has nothing to do with being a bad "seller/buyer".

Being unprofessional is a highly subjected. But being block is not what this thread is for. Mentioning someones name here will be a perminant stain, which in this case is a bit much.

My €0,02 (euro style)

-Alex

Reaction score
jedidallas said:
I wouldn’t go so far as to say a seller owes and explanation why he blocked a buyer. However I would say providing an explanation would be the courteous thing to do, but again a choice not a right.
I don't mean to imply that he's entitled, but it is the right thing to do. If you walked into wal-mart and they said, sorry, you can't buy those paper towels, you'd want an explanation, right? If they didn't give one, then you'd complain to everyone you knew not to shop at wal-mart, wouldn't you?

-John

Reaction score
Enough already... don't you think? It would be nice to have this whole portion removed. Personal disagreements between 2 people do not belong here. Perhaps we could start a new thread which caters to this type of confrontation?

Reaction score
wooten said:
jedidallas said:
I don't mean to imply that he's entitled, but it is the right thing to do. If you walked into wal-mart and they said, sorry, you can't buy those paper towels, you'd want an explanation, right? If they didn't give one, then you'd complain to everyone you knew not to shop at wal-mart, wouldn't you?

-John
From my understanding thats not what happened, in that instance I would be annoyed, but not if I had walked in and said :

"Hey how about $2 for those $10 paper towels!"

I would probably expect "Sorry sir that is the price"

And if I tried to barter even more then I would probably be asked to leave lol

Reaction score
wooten said:
If you walked into wal-mart and they said, sorry, you can't buy those paper towels, you'd want an explanation, right? If they didn't give one, then you'd complain to everyone you knew not to shop at wal-mart, wouldn't you?
John
kalgara said:
I thought the first 3 responses I sent you were rather clear, “Thank you for the interest, but no thank you….
Sincerely,
Keith E. Drake
a.k.a. Kalgara13
John that is a poor comparison. If you walk into Walmart and put a lawnmover into your shopping basket, then go to the check out counter and offer them 30% of the asking price and they say "no" the price is 100% and you then offer 40% then 45% then you are going to get thrown out on your behind.If you then do not understand why you got thrown out well...

As for professionalism. According to the Ebay rules you are allowed to block anyone you see fit/unfit in order to avoid just such things as low ball bids and bidders that can be a nuisance in many configurations. The professional thing to do is to accept that if you get blocked then maybe it can be you as a bidder doing something that is displeasing the seller. Like it has been said before it is a courtesy to tell the bidder why he is "Persona non grata" but not rule that it has to be done.

What this has done is to raise two important questions:

This has nothing to do with this specific case but it made me think of them...

"What are the criteria for putting someone into this watch out section?"

and

"What happens to a poster if he is outing a fair seller due to personal differences rather then scamming etc...?"

Just some thoughts.

/R

Reaction score
whiteskinnydroid said:
From my understanding thats not what happened, in that instance I would be annoyed, but not if I had walked in and said :

"Hey how about $2 for those $10 paper towels!"

I would probably expect "Sorry sir that is the price"

And if I tried to barter even more then I would probably be asked to leave lol
You missed the beginning of my post where I said I don't believe it was this simple. I do not think James is annoyed with Keith because his offers were rejected. I think he's annoyed that he was blocked from bidding without any explanation. From what I can tell, it's not even clear if the lowball offers were even on the same item, rather, something that had happened a few times in the past.

Of course I would expect to be refused if I offered less than asking price at a wal mart. duh. The point is, if I were blocked from buying it at any price, as James was, I'd like an explanation and I would think that the seller would at least offer one up in the interest of educating the buyer so he/she could learn from the experience. Instead, the buyer is wondering what's going on and doesn't have an opportunity to either explain, or adjust their behavior.

-John

Reaction score
i guess it doesn't matter that the coin in question ended up selling for $25, which i believe was the original lowball price.

i just found that to be sort of ironic.

Reaction score
wooten said:
The point is, if I were blocked from buying it at any price, as James was, I'd like an explanation and I would think that the seller would at least offer one up in the interest of educating the buyer so he/she could learn from the experience. Instead, the buyer is wondering what's going on and doesn't have an opportunity to either explain, or adjust their behavior.
John, I think the point people are making is that the purpose of this thread is not compatible with the circumstances of the dispute between James and Keith. I know I'm not going to consider someone a 'bad seller' just because he blocked someone else without an explanation.

James and Keith seem to not be commenting on the issue here any longer, maybe we can all do the same? Let them deal with it privately if its an ongoing issue.

Leif

Reaction score
I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring here in regard to my experiences with blocking on ebay.

wooten said:
if I were blocked from buying it at any price, as James was, I'd like an explanation and I would think that the seller would at least offer one up in the interest of educating the buyer so he/she could learn from the experience.
It sounds like the seller gave James his reasons, but James didn't agree with them. But that's pretty normal-- who ever would agree with the reasons why they've been blocked? In my experience, once someone finds out they're blocked, they get mad. Once you tell them your reasons why you blocked them, they get more mad.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Instead, the buyer is wondering what's going on and doesn't have an opportunity to either explain, or adjust their behavior.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe in a perfect world they'd "adjust their behavior," but they'll often deny they ever exhibited that behavior in the first place, or just flat out disagree with the seller and get more angry. My point is that the blockee almost never sees eye-to-eye with the blocker's reasons, so it's usually a waste of time for the blocker to try to give a longer and longer list of reasons that motivated him, trying to prove it somehow. It's totally a discretion call on the part of the blocker, not a weighing of evidence where the blockee gets to decide if the block is valid, and if not, calls out the seller.

James_Gallo said:
I await any type of response that in ANY way justifies your reasoning. If you can provide them and they are justified I will gladly admit I was wrong and delete any mention of you in this thread.
Is it really up the blockee to determine what reasoning is and isn't justification for them being blocked? How many of us have blocked someone, explained the reasoning to the blockee, and had him respond with sometihng like, "Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. Now I understand." Yeah, me neither.
It just doesn't usually work that way.

I have nothing against either of these guys (I haven't dealth with Keith but don't have a reason not to, and I had a generous trade deal initiated by James earlier this year that went smoothly). I think that this is obviously a personal issue that shouldn't be a part of this thread.

Reaction score
This thread has been hijacked.Personal disagreements were never meant for this thread.Nobody but the two involved knows what went on in their communications and the rest of us will never know.

Reaction score
Rasmus_Hult said:
Well that was unpleasant, I hope this blows over quickly.

First of all personal messages sent between people are not allowed to be quoted in this forum, which includes the mods.

This isn't pleasant reading really and it was surprising for me to even find this posted. It is obvious that the posting rules in here need to be revised as this clearly isn't working as it should. A new rule about including why the person is a scammer/bad seller/buyer has to be included, IMHO. To call someone out and mention him/her by name and/or user name in here with personal vendetta intentions without any support or facts is really a ground from being blocked to post in this part of the forum. Bottom line is that all people that post in here are on the same level, mods/noobs and even Swedish people (well aside from Mattias). If not then what will this forum turn into over time?

I would like to nominate myself as a bad buyer since I haven't bought anything in the past two months for my collection. Now that is a warning to all of you!

/R
Well, it has been a while since I have been on the boards and have posted anything. This has mainly been due to me being extremely busy among other reasons. But I want to say that I have to agree with above post because one of the most important and valuable sections in the vintage forums is this Vintage Watch out! section, as it is labeled. Before, when I was buying a lot on ebay I checked this section regularly for shady eBayers. It helped me out a great deal. It also helped a buddy of mine who was not a regular visitor here, but I was still able to give him warnings. Believe me, on several occasions, he almost bid on auctions that were outed on the boards, but fortunately I was able to warn him.

To me, as in the above quote, I believe that reasons should be provided as to why someone is a shady ebayer. A good example is that of the Snakeriverman, in which reasons were provided for him as being a bad seller, but yet others did not necessarily agree with this. The bottom line is that info should be provided so that everyone know what the person has done, and then everyone can decide for themselves if the ebayer is someone to avoid. Obviously, there will be some clear cut cases, but the point is to keep everyone informed. Again, that is why this section is such a valuable resource.
Rick

Reaction score
I've been a 3.75 Star Wars collector for 17 years now. I am a quiet, but greedy collector who keeps to himself. I do this because of the general pettiness I've witnessed involving scalping, trading, Ebay etc.
My somewhat new, but good, friend let me know what was going on between him and Mr. Gallo. In Kalgara's defense I'd like to say that he is an awesome person and have never had a problem dealing with him in or outside of these boards. He even orders me stuff through Hasbro.com, and charges me face value for everything, because they don't deal with Canucks. He is an all around good guy.
That said, now on to Mr. gallo, I hear you when you say you never used the term blocked, but you may as well have.
I also didn't like the fact that you used his full name either, why don't you just give out his home address as well, then we can send a pack of Tusken raiders there to pillage and plunder him and his family. If someone chooses to use their real name, that's up to them.
Now, you might be saying this guy is new, he never does any trading etc. but I perused 70% of the slandering in this particular plain of Hell and very rarely does anyone ever use someone's full name. Basically Nubies from what I can tell. That said, Mr. Gallo, I realize that I have made you quite angry at this moment but my contempt is not just directed at you. It is towards everyone involved in this defamation of character, on both parties behaves, KEITH included! Man, your rant was brutal, you did everything short of throwing feces at the guy. Did you even try and contact Mr. Gallo after the slandering? I may have missed that bit during the mud flinging, if so I apologise. That said, I hope our Internet friendship can continue.
I think what everyone is failing to see is that we are all essentially ghosts to each other, 99% of us have never met, never shook hands, never shared a moment in this short life span and probably never will.
It is this technological monstrosity called the internet that has taken over our insignificant rock and brings us ghosts a little closer. Yet, for all our brilliance all I've seen on these boards is savagery, people talking POODA ABOUT EBAY TRANSACTIONS? I'll tell you this my Ebay user name is very sacred to me, hence that's why it's not posted in every TOYSRUS bathroom with my full name or email address next to it.
It's not just in this case either. IT'S ALL OVER THE PLACE IN HERE. Let me tell you all this, I am quite glad I don't trade or sell to you people, Kalgara excluded. Any dealings outside of these boards should be kept where they are allowing the proper mediators to deal with these situations as they arise.
I am completely aghast at everyone's lack of professionalism here and just so you all know that I am not just some quack who only owns 10 action figures here is a link to a very small part of my 7000 piece + collection.
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/66jedikiller66/Inauguration/
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/66jedikiller66/
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/66jedikiller66/DC%20Direct/
http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u25/66jedikiller66/Marvel Figure
So good luck to all of you in your dealings you all sound worse than dealers in a Bangladesh market.
Jedikiller66

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments Jedikiller, nice modern collection.
Are all 7000 pieces modern or are any vintage?

Reaction score
Deleted for the sake of Peace and Friendship, as my comments where directed at events from over a month ago.

Cheers,

-John

Reaction score
John, I agree with your comments 110%. Donny Darko posted a very similar reaction and response and the post was immediately removed and he was indefinitely suspended from the forums by a Moderator. I hope that same approach to your post doesn't occur. If that kind of Censorship / Bullying reoccurs that would be scary. Are members here aware that fellow members can be treated like that if they share thoughts and concerns that potentially make Mods uncomfortable??? If your post is not edited and you are not removed why are others treated differently when they express similar thoughts reactions and opinions. Are the rules being applied to some and not others? If anyone cares to PM, or email me at Glawsons@comcast.net regards to this issue please feel free to discuss this privately. I can only hope that your post and mine are not edited and that we are not suspended.
May the force be with all of us. Even those who are not afraid to practice free speech, share their thoughts and reactions openly and dissent! Respectfully, G-Man

Reaction score
Deleted for the sake of Peace and Friendship, as my comments where directed at events from over a month ago.

Cheers,

-John

Reaction score
G_Man said:
Anyone have any dealings with toyrocket?? PLMK PM
I have ordered from toyrocket's site twice. not really the easiest place to get info from on your orders. I preordered something that was an exclusive to them like 10 months ago and am still waiting.

Reaction score
I would advise that if any members truly are concerned about this so-called issue of DonnyDarko's free speech, then perhaps they should contact *us* about why exactly DonnieDarko was suspended (a suspension that has passed and he can have his account back anytime he wants) as opposed to relying solely on what he might be telling you. As always, there are two sides to every story and we don't exactly ban indiscriminately and no one was actually banned over this.

Reaction score
John_A_Graham said:
how and why he couldn't just let the situation go, and wait (as I have done) for another coin to come along;
James did wait and one did come along for his asking price of $35.00. I was glad to help a fellow collecter out, like I did a couple others on here. But like you said, John, sellers do have the right to do what they want and if its to ban someone from their items, thats up to them.

Reaction score
I would like to add seller dreenita to the list. I purchased a Death Star cannon from this seller. After two weeks, and not having the item I contacted them. They told me the item shipped the previous day due to a packaging delay. It was supposedly an "odd shaped" item and they had to find a box. Yet another week went by, no item. Contacted seller again, this time with no peply. Waited a few more days then had to bring ebay in. Seller waite untill the day AFTER I esculated the case to inform me they sent a "replacement". Even provided a D/C number. I was issued a refund by ebay, and the seller never shipped the replacement, even after I told them I would pay for it once it arrived! Poor communication, bad habbits and they are a NEW seller. The only reason I left pos. feedback was because I got my refund! Do NOT use this person. They had three negative and one nuetral feedback all about the same problem.

Reaction score
Thanks to a transaction I had in March, here's definitely one ebay user to avoid: stranger7071

In late March, stranger7071 bids on/buys a coin from me on ebay. When he gets the coin, he immediately sends me an "item not as described" email, stating that there were smudges on the coin that he didn't see in my pictures, and that I didn't mention. He then asked me "what he should do" (?). Since I started on ebay in '98, I've never had an ebay complaint.

I responded that I didn't see any smudges and didn't know what he was talking about. In my ebay listing (and in any ebay listing I post) I always advise any potential bidders to ask any questions about condition prior to bidding. You guessed it-- this guy never bothered to ask me anything. Many other people asked questions, and I answered every single question about every detail.

Just to be clear, this buyer was never nasty or rude, but the correspondence was rather maddening. Here's part of his second email:

I really wanted this coin for my collection it is my favorite figure, and have wanted the coin for a very long time, I plan to send it in for a gradeing and dont think it will get the grade needed for my collection because of the smug. Is there something we can do on a partail refund to make this happen? Thank you again for your time.

Totally ridiculous. The issue seemed to be that he wanted to send this to AFA and that he doesn't think it will get whatever grade he's seeking. Because of that, I'm supposed to send him a "partial refund?" In a case like this, seeking a "partial refund" is nothing more than an extortion attempt in order to reduce the purchase price.

Either the coin would get the grade he wants, or it wouldn't. How would a "partial refund" help his coin get a certain grade (or should I expect him to be happy with a lower purchase price and an allegedly lower graded coin?) I told him either keep the coin, or return it for a full refund. And for the record, there were no obvious flaws anywhere on this coin-- was this guy looking for AFA 95/100?

He responded that he would be returning the coin "right away," and that's the last I heard from him, which was about a month and a half ago.

So I guess the coin musn't have been too bad, eh?
Sounded like all he wanted to do was threaten a return in order to get some of his money back.

Reaction score
Ebay buyer h-sin decides whether he is going to purchase the item after he wins it. I argued with him for 4 days about how he made a binding commitment as far as Ebay is concerned. I even sent him a cancellation request to resolve this problem, which he declined, but he still doesn't want to pay for the item and is giving me grief about wanting to open an unpaid item case. Put this guy in your blocked buyers list

Reaction score
ugh, since I had opened the cancel transaction request and it was closed, ebay doesn't show that I can open a claim on this transaction. I'll need to call customer support for help and get the runaround.

Reaction score
marystanley32 - buyer with 0 feedback!

I had an auction up which stated that I only accept paypal for payment. This person wins the auction then waits two days to ask me if I'll take a money order. Politely tell them paypal is it and that it's free to open and send money. The reply back is "F*** off". The worst part is I have to wait another two days to file a claim get my money back and relist the item. STAY AWAY from the headaches!

Reaction score
Wow guys...I am just amazed. As someone who recently opened an eBay store focused on Star Wars stuff, I read through all of these posts (yes...my eyes hurt). So far, I haven't run into a bad buyer yet (crosses fingers, knocks on Ewok village). I may be a seller, but I am also a true fan. Star Wars was the first movie theater-movie I ever saw as a kid. I guess I treat each buyer as though they might also be a true fan, even though deep down I know many are resellers. Am I trying to make some extra cash? Of course, but not planning on a few hundred 1994+ toys making me rich. Sure, there are a few items I have listed a little pricey. That's just my subconscious telling me to keep them if they don't sell for what I think they're worth to me. I tried using the Wedge Collection section to price, and even the 5th edition Wish Book. These helped a lot with identification, not "real-world" pricing. I use the completed listings to find what things have sold for, and try to come in under the price with shipping(I ship for free in the US). I take lots of pictures, rarely call something mint, describe defects honestly, and ship immediately after payment via Paypal. I often even upgrade shipping to Priority Mail over the listed Parcel Post if the cost is similar per size. Now...granted, I bought someone elses collection at a good price and don't need to rape my buyers to make money. Call it karma...yin/yang...light side-dark side, being honest has it's own value over even the all-mighty "feedback". I just get amazed by some of the price-gouging and con artists listed on here.

Reaction score
ThorOakenfelder said:
ugh, since I had opened the cancel transaction request and it was closed, ebay doesn't show that I can open a claim on this transaction. I'll need to call customer support for help and get the runaround.
how did that get resolved?

Reaction score
Avoid seller getall4
I bid on Bultar Swan and win the item. I send him an email asking for a total invoice for figure and shipping as I always do after I win something on ebay. The response is to cancel the sale with no reason for while he wants to cancel. So I write back and ask why he is cancelling and the response is that he had someone outside of ebay offer more than what my bid was. So I respond saying that's crap that I want the figure and I won the figure. Next response is that his business partner actually sold the item prior to the ebay sale closing. I now write an extremely pissy email stating that if he no longer had the item he should have cancelled the auction before it reached conclusion if he no longer had the item. Then he apologized for not having the item and saying there is nothing he can do but to make it up to me he would give me 20% percent off anything he has listed and 20% percent off shipping. While I admit that was nice, doesn't make up for the fact that he is depriving me of what I won, and the fact that everything else he has listed is crap and over priced...

Reaction score
Krayt said:
Avoid seller getall4
I bid on Bultar Swan and win the item. I send him an email asking for a total invoice for figure and shipping as I always do after I win something on ebay. The response is to cancel the sale with no reason for while he wants to cancel. So I write back and ask why he is cancelling and the response is that he had someone outside of ebay offer more than what my bid was. So I respond saying that's crap that I want the figure and I won the figure. Next response is that his business partner actually sold the item prior to the ebay sale closing. I now write an extremely pissy email stating that if he no longer had the item he should have cancelled the auction before it reached conclusion if he no longer had the item. Then he apologized for not having the item and saying there is nothing he can do but to make it up to me he would give me 20% percent off anything he has listed and 20% percent off shipping. While I admit that was nice, doesn't make up for the fact that he is depriving me of what I won, and the fact that everything else he has listed is crap and over priced...
Did you report him to ebay? They are very concerned when someone cheats them out of their fees.

Reaction score
I did report him...
I haven't heard anything back from ebay. Nothing from the seller either in a few days now

Not sure what is going on

Reaction score
well i ma buying my first luke from Bluesnag, he stated the saber was a repro, no big deal for now, i ll hunt a real one later...the only thing i am worried about is to have a tight figure...

Reaction score
Another bad winning buyer, won't answer emails or invoices with messages....wileecoyote16...had to file a claim

Reaction score
i was looking at solo's shop items and i am really on the fence with his items, i have not bought from him and he does display a lot of pics for his items he sells but i think he over grades his items. He has posted a lot of items that are of C9 grade according to him but if i go with the knowledge of the grading convention he is totally off with his grades....

example: selling and Han toon which he claims is a c9 but the figure as really bad spots of discoloration on the hair parts if you look at his pics. this is the reason i did not buy from him yet.