Bad eBayer list - AVOID these sellers/buyers

Reaction score
Joeysdadjoe said:
Can't you hit him with a non payment strike? If he neg's you it will be removed.
I did, but so what? He's free to do it again if he wants. I'm still out the listing fees for my auction. eBay won't refund that portion of their "service".

Reaction score
bobradical said:
I made a mistake with buying a Fake Jawa Vinyl Cape, with german seller mogwai_zero, with a shipping charge of 30 Euros , I ask him to give me a refund for the difference, and he offer me 10 Euro, and for a couple weeks he don't response at email. Avoid this Crappy Seller.
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120274247325&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:DE:1123
did you pay through paypal? If so I would start a paypal claim. If you need a third person opinon for paypal I would do it. take care Ben

Reaction score
sotoam said:
Joeysdadjoe said:
Can't you hit him with a non payment strike? If he neg's you it will be removed.
I did, but so what? He's free to do it again if he wants. I'm still out the listing fees for my auction. eBay won't refund that portion of their "service".

But if he does it again and the seller hits him with another strike doesnt he get suspended or banned eventually?

James_Gallo

Reaction score
Just wanted to throw a warnign out there for the ebay user

kalgara13
Keith Drake.

Guy is very unprofessional and makes up stories about people. I wouldn't suggest dealing with him.

James G

Reaction score
Beware of this buyer

marc0917

Feedback extortion and never send item back after refund. He is lucky buyer no longer able to receives negative feedback

Reaction score
i bought a couple of figures about a year ago off 'mart670' a wing pilot and lando general, both described as coming with genuine weapons, my stupid fault i know as i just shoved them in a cabinet without examining properly, but when i had a good look a couple of weeks ago they were repro weapons, i contacted him but of coarse its been too long,still he is a dealer and not a very good stunt to play. might just be a genuine mistake by this guy so dont let this stop anyone dealing with him but please just take a good look at what youve bought .

Reaction score
James_Gallo said:

kalgara13
Keith Drake.

Guy is very unprofessional and makes up stories about people. I wouldn't suggest dealing with him.

James G
What exactly is the problem with Keith aka kalgara13? I have purchased from him and sold to him without issue for almost a year. Great communication, very polite and more than fair pricing. Just want to find out what I am missing. You can PM me if you feel this should be private.

Reaction score
James, I know Keith and he is a stand up guy. What is the issue that we scummers are missing. I have both bought and sold from him without issue. G

Reaction score
Good read some of these , i like in particular the vinnels thread and use of the name Sarah lol classic £500 says thats a man. Sarah my [censored] its all a ploy same with shill bidding can stand that MAN...whats this Sarah nonsense thats a man 100%.

Very informative thanks. I hope everyone got money back from that mexican guy a while back ,i remember reading about that/him boba fett harbert etc some serious money he took.

Reaction score
First off, I would like to extend a special thank you to G-man for bringing this matter to my attention and standing by our Transaction & Friendship history here and on eBay. I would also like to extend that same thank you to Sacko for jumping right in there too. You guys are why collecting is fun…sharing stories, good deals and watching out for one another. Keep it up!

I may be new to these boards but I am no stranger to eBay or customer service as Mr. Gallo would have you believe. After dealing with G-man (Gary) a few times and discussing a growing dissatisfaction with all of the scammers and the rise of the Greedy Power-seller types he referred me to Rebelscum. It seemed like the last vestige of hope for real collectors to share and swap. The past year has been fun. I have made some good friends on here….Rulair must have spent 3 days trying to teach me how to attach a feedback thread after our first deal.

I am into Star Wars because I love it, not to get rich. I have a job that I enjoy, collecting Star Wars coins is my hobby. If I find a good deal… I will get the lot, keep what I need and re-sell the rest. I pass those savings on to other collectors so they can get what they need for their collection at a good price. If someone makes a best offer, I’ll usually take it as long as I break even on the cost and fees. Half the fun of collecting for me is sharing stories and the thrill of the hunt with guys like G-man and Jedikiller66 (Len in Canada!). If I can save them (and you guys too) a few bucks along the way I will! I am looking out for us, not the get rich quick guys.

As for Mr. Gallo I hope your dealings with him have gone better than mine have and wish you the continued best. To Mr. Gallo and all the other Power sellers who think we are all ignorant as to what we are selling….Enough is Enough already. Are you really so upset because I turned down yet another of your ridiculously low offers? Are you really so upset that I finally Blocked you as a bidder because of your constant lowball offers? Are you really still upset 3 weeks later because I didn’t want to respond, yet again, to your 4th email as to why you got blocked??? I thought the first 3 responses I sent you were rather clear, “Thank you for the interest, but no thank you….blah, blah, blah.“ I cant help it if you are so big and powerful that you don’t remember stepping on me and the other little guys over the last few years on your meteoric rise to glory. Do you really want me to recite every instance that you treated me like that to make me finally block you? Do You? How about the others out there …what do you think about all of this, Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong! I would love to hear from you.

Personally, I don’t care how many coins he owns, how many he sells or how big of an expert he claims to be…and he HAS let me know all of this before. To me he is a power-selling bully. And now he has taken it to the masses and is shouting it from the mountain that I am Unprofessional, That I am a terrible seller?!? Because I dared to turn him down? I would expect a statement posted here to bear some facts, but it doesn’t. He has actually Never even completed a single transaction with me. I personally wont deal with him, his condescending attitude or his grade school tactics anymore. As a Moderator, I am very disappointed in Mr. Gallo’s baseless accusations and blatant abuse of his power as a moderator to post such a bold face misrepresentation of the facts. Honestly, I would rather sell a coin to one of you for $25 THEN SELL IT to Mr. Gallo for $35 or even $45. Which is exactly what I did Because he will mark it up to $150 in his eBay store and sell it to you for his over inflated price. I got a good deal and wanted to share the wealth with a fellow, true collector. By saying NO to Mr. Gallo I am making a stand against these kinds of tactics for all of us collectors. If that makes me a bad eBayer then so be it. If you don’t want to deal with me that is OUR loss and I wish you the best. If any of you want to take the advice of your peers, you are more then welcome to see what I have to offer from time to time.

Sincerely,
Keith E. Drake
a.k.a. Kalgara13

Reaction score
It does seem very unfair to be labelled a bad seller, because a person doesn't accept low offers on items. I though that any naming and shaming had to be backed up by some facts/explanation

However, this may have worked in Keith's favour as if he is straight up, I'm tempted to add him to my favourite sellers

Reaction score
I can definitely put a good word in for Keith, I have dealt with him many times and everything went fine. I would look to deal with him in the future as well because I know things will end up great.

I have dealt with James several times and things went fine as well. I hope this is more misunderstanding than anything else and gets wrapped up.

I think the power sellers should be very understanding of low offers and turning them down. I imagine they must get a hell of a lot more than anyone else! If someone doesn't want to sell an item for a price it is their choice. As long as they aren't rude you can't fault them.

I think one just has to respond to every offer kindly, even if it is insulting. And the same offer over and over again, kindly respond "no, I'll let you know if that changes. Please don't make the offer again." After that, the other end should aceept this.

In a tight-knit reputation-oriented community like the one here, people have to be very careful when labeling others as bad.

I am on the outside looking in here so I do now know the details, but that is just my two cents.

James_Gallo

Reaction score
Keith,

kalgara said:
First off, I would like to extend a special thank you to G-man for bringing this matter to my attention and standing by our Transaction & Friendship history here and on eBay. I would also like to extend that same thank you to Sacko for jumping right in there too. You guys are why collecting is fun…sharing stories, good deals and watching out for one another. Keep it up!

I may be new to these boards but I am no stranger to eBay or customer service as Mr. Gallo would have you believe. After dealing with G-man (Gary) a few times and discussing a growing dissatisfaction with all of the scammers and the rise of the Greedy Power-seller types he referred me to Rebelscum.
First off, I am not a greedy power seller whatever that may be. Second off, I was a collector long before this became my business, but that is what it is right now a full time business. As for customer service how can you claim to be so great at it when you blocked me for no reason, at least not one you have provided me.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>

It seemed like the last vestige of hope for real collectors to share and swap. The past year has been fun. I have made some good friends on here….Rulair must have spent 3 days trying to teach me how to attach a feedback thread after our first deal.

I am into Star Wars because I love it, not to get rich. I have a job that I enjoy, collecting Star Wars coins is my hobby. If I find a good deal… I will get the lot, keep what I need and re-sell the rest. I pass those savings on to other collectors so they can get what they need for their collection at a good price. If someone makes a best offer, I’ll usually take it as long as I break even on the cost and fees. Half the fun of collecting for me is sharing stories and the thrill of the hunt with guys like G-man and Jedikiller66 (Len in Canada!). If I can save them (and you guys too) a few bucks along the way I will! I am looking out for us, not the get rich quick guys.

As for Mr. Gallo I hope your dealings with him have gone better than mine have and wish you the continued best. To Mr. Gallo and all the other Power sellers who think we are all ignorant as to what we are selling….Enough is Enough already. Are you really so upset because I turned down yet another of your ridiculously low offers? Are you really so upset that I finally Blocked you as a bidder because of your constant lowball offers? Are you really still upset 3 weeks later because I didn’t want to respond, yet again, to your 4th email as to why you got blocked??? I thought the first 3 responses I sent you were rather clear, “Thank you for the interest, but no thank you….blah, blah, blah.“ I cant help it if you are so big and powerful that you don’t remember stepping on me and the other little guys over the last few years on your meteoric rise to glory. Do you really want me to recite every instance that you treated me like that to make me finally block you? Do You?

[/QUOTE]

YES I DO. I made 2 offers to you and as far as I know that is the ONLY contact we have ever had. You had a piece up for $75, I offered $25 which was indeed low but sometimes it doesn't take much, when you refused I upped it $10, this is not unreasonable IMO and certainly not considered constant offers. After you told me I was blocked with no reason I sent you TWO additional requests trying to resolve the problem, but you refused as you are now. I did this all threw ebay so you might want to check your message folder. Also your last response came to me on the 30th and my first post about you was on that same day, so no I am not made three weeks later I was upset on the same day as to how someone could treat a buyer so poorly and how a grown person could not try to resolve and issue like an adult. I don't get why you think I am on some big power trip, that is an issue you will have to figure out because anyone that knows me knows that is very far from the truth.

How about the others out there …what do you think about all of this, Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong! I would love to hear from you.

Personally, I don’t care how many coins he owns, how many he sells or how big of an expert he claims to be…and he HAS let me know all of this before. To me he is a power-selling bully. And now he has taken it to the masses and is shouting it from the mountain that I am Unprofessional, That I am a terrible seller?!? Because I dared to turn him down? I would expect a statement posted here to bear some facts, but it doesn’t. He has actually Never even completed a single transaction with me. I personally wont deal with him, his condescending attitude or his grade school tactics anymore.

[/QUOTE]

What does any of this have to do with anything, this is the same crap you gave me through ebay. How about some facts beyond 2 offers of a cereal coin that is the most common of the 3!!!! Please ANY FACTS!!!!!! as to how I wronged you at all.

As a Moderator, I am very disappointed in Mr. Gallo’s baseless accusations and blatant abuse of his power as a moderator to post such a bold face misrepresentation of the facts.

[/QUOTE]

WHAT anyone can post anything here, the fact I am a mod has NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. NOTHING!!!

Honestly, I would rather sell a coin to one of you for $25 THEN SELL IT to Mr. Gallo for $35 or even $45. Which is exactly what I did Because he will mark it up to $150 in his eBay store and sell it to you for his over inflated price. I got a good deal and wanted to share the wealth with a fellow, true collector. By saying NO to Mr. Gallo I am making a stand against these kinds of tactics for all of us collectors.

[/QUOTE]

Actually I wanted to coin for myself as it is well known I am a coin collector, I would have likely bought both the loose and sealed ones for my collection but you don't care so that isn't an issue either.

If that makes me a bad eBayer then so be it. If you don’t want to deal with me that is OUR loss and I wish you the best. If any of you want to take the advice of your peers, you are more then welcome to see what I have to offer from time to time.

Sincerely,
Keith E. Drake
a.k.a. Kalgara13

[/QUOTE]

Please all I did was call you unprofessional which I still feel you are. I asked for a reason and said I wronged you in some way but you gave me nothing more then that. That is not being a professional about things especially in the ebay system.

You keep trying to make me out like this big evil enity that has somehow wronged you but refuse to give me any reason which is sad. I expressed my concerns on an open forum and a few people have spoken up for you, good for them and you. I let people know about the experience I had with you and that is all. People can take that for what it is worth.

I await any type of response that in ANY way justifies your reasoning. If you can provide them and they are justified I will gladly admit I was wrong and delete any mention of you in this thread.

James G

Reaction score
kalgara said:
I cant help it if you are so big and powerful that you don’t remember stepping on me and the other little guys over the last few years on your meteoric rise to glory. Do you really want me to recite every instance that you treated me like that to make me finally block you? Do You? How about the others out there …what do you think about all of this, Please feel free to tell me if I am wrong! I would love to hear from you.
If you're going to sit there and call out one of the most reputable collectors and dealers in the hobby, then i highly suggest you do start "reciting" truthful instances of exactly how you feel James himself has personally wronged you over so many years.

Personally, i find your post about being the wronged little guy somewhat frightening. Everyone in this hobby is here because they enjoy it and i can vouch for James' passion for this hobby as a collector - and this stems from a relationship that goes back longer than James or myself being mods here. Just because he makes a living from it doesn't make him some big evil corporate greed monger. Not everyone who deals is out to screw the little guy...far from it. I'd say those that do are definitely in the minority and James certainly isn't one of them.

But hey, i suppose in the end, this post will just be seen as his big powerful admin buddy sticking up for his mod friend who are both just out to hurt the community and make sure the little guy gets his voice quashed, right?

Reaction score
Surely if Kalgara13 has decided to block James for some reason, thats up to them and not (on its own) enough reason to call Kalgara13 out on a forum - aside from to say 'this dude blocked me for no reason, not sure what is going on with him'.

It's easy to take stuff personally, but they may just have had a difference of opinion, or Kalgara may have taken umbrage at James making low 'best offers' (which it sounds like - but James is a dealer, so...), but as the auction items are his I assume he's free to block who he likes. I'd sooner someone blocked me who didnt want to deal with me, rather than sneezing into my package before sending it out

I do quite a bit of arbitration/negotiation at work though so may be looking at this from a different angle. In any event, James is a stand up guy IMO, but a personal difference shouldnt be a call for non of RS to deal with him - just cold hard facts.

Sorry if this offends anyone - especially James. We've dealt before and I've no problem with you at all. Kalgara's ranting post doesnt help anything either, and does him no favours!

Reaction score
MaxF said:
Surely is Kalgara13 has decided to block James for some reason, thats up to them and not (on its own) enough reason to call Kalgara13 out on a forum - aside from

to say 'this dude blocked me for no reason, not sure what is going on with him'.

I agree with the above statement and can understand why the seller blocked the bidder, I too have had things for sale on ebay and sometimes you do aim for the high end of their value when its on a BIN, So yes offers are a good idea, but I doubt many people would put the BIN at over double what they would be willing to accept so the seller has obviously taken $25 for a listed value $75 item as a derogatory offer.

So the bidder has been blocked, he should probably accept that 'well that was probably a bit of a cheeky offer but hey theres no harm in trying' and then left it at that, but to keep messaging the seller over something so minor is a bit over the top too and i do not feel a post on this forum was merrited as there was never any cash involved and no scam attempted, just a clash of personalities.

I do not know either of the people involved so show no favouritism, it is just an opinion.

At the end of the day no harm done and life goes on.

Regards

Chewb

Reaction score
Lowball offers tick me off as well and I used to block people who repeatedly sent these in. However, now you can auto reject offers below a certain price which solved the problem for me. Far less hassle!

Reaction score
I've had some BINs in the past that I've priced 10-20% higher than what I thought they'd go for. I did this in the spirit of knowing that folks are always looking for a deal. If I want $400, ask $450, and hope the target offers come in. Thats my logic, flawed or not. Regardless though, there's always the guy who submits an offer of 20% of the asking price, which to me is a slap in the face. I usually don't respond to these folks and after a few offers they get the message and back off.

Reaction score
...at this risk of bringing something up that should just be put down to rest:

Shane Turgeon said:
But hey, i suppose in the end, this post will just be seen as his big powerful admin buddy sticking up for his mod friend
Come on, Keith did nothing wrong. He can block whomever he wants and the only reason he posted his rant in here is because he got called out. As a fellow Canadian, how many times do we get denied on eBay? I'd fill this section up if I threw everyone on eBay who said I couldn't buy their stuff.

The Watch Out! section is for scammers and low lifes not for settling personal issues like this, am I wrong?

Maybe if James had said in the original post: Watch out for eBayer kalgara13 he will block you if you try sending low offers. OK, I get that, its annoying for James but not a big deal to me as a potential buyer.
But the first post is very ambigious and makes Keith look like a crook in my eyes and I can understand why he would come on here and throw down a 3 paragraph rant. I think we would all do the same thing.

I think this is a case of two good guys who should just shake hands and walk away....or get drunk together and buddy up!

Reaction score
nighttrain said:
...at this risk of bringing something up that should just be put down to rest:

Shane Turgeon said:
But hey, i suppose in the end, this post will just be seen as his big powerful admin buddy sticking up for his mod friend
Come on, Keith did nothing wrong. He can block whomever he wants and the only reason he posted his rant in here is because he got called out. As a fellow Canadian, how many times do we get denied on eBay? I'd fill this section up if I threw everyone on eBay who said I couldn't buy their stuff.

The Watch Out! section is for scammers and low lifes not for settling personal issues like this, am I wrong?

Maybe if James had said in the original post: Watch out for eBayer kalgara13 he will block you if you try sending low offers. OK, I get that, its annoying for James but not a big deal to me as a potential buyer.
But the first post is very ambigious and makes Keith look like a crook in my eyes and I can understand why he would come on here and throw down a 3 paragraph rant. I think we would all do the same thing.

I think this is a case of two good guys who should just shake hands and walk away....or get drunk together and buddy up!
I agree!
How many people get put on a blocked ebayers list's just for expressing their opinion on here let alone refusing someones offer at a BIN!!
James didnt really back up his claims in the first post about keith with abit of history which left it all a bit of a mystery as to what actually had happened (I think it is stated in the first post of this thread to supply relevant auctions etc.)!I am glad Keith has come on here and explained his side of the story as it certainly doesnt sound as bad as it did coming from James!!
The stuff about the powerselling is abit over the top though I just think James was aiming way to low at the offers he gave you for the the prices you had them listed at!

Josh

Reaction score
As well it should be. If someone out there is a bed seller or a scammer it should be noted for everyones protection. But it should also be doccumented factually so as not to falsly dameage someones reputation. I thought this was settled between us.

Reaction score
I respect the fact that we can discuss this rationally. I also support anyone who wishes to continue doing business with Mr. Gallo. He does have some nice stuff and I am sure he has earned his respect in the past. Unfortunately, my experiences have been different. What I have a problem with is that I got publically slammed without any supporting evidence. I do not deserve to be painted with such a broad and ambiguous stroke. Where are the facts in his statment? Its all oppinion. Now I am lummped in with bootleggers, re-carders or other scammers. That is the point of my letter. What has happened between us was our business. Not everyone can be best buds. In our case we appariently both got on each others nerves and clashed. So before things deteriorted further I blocked him. I thought it was resolved. Mr. Gallo has brought it here for discussion and so we all have to discuss it now. You cant blame me for standing up for myself. AS I dont blame any one for standing up for him. Just try and see where I am coming from too. Thanks, Keith

James_Gallo

Reaction score
I really wonder if people read things well.
As per my first post about this

<quote>

kalgara13
Keith Drake.

James G
</Quote>

Was this vague, sure but there isn't exactly a story to tell, however I will take the hit for leaving it too vague. That being said, I got ONE email about it and I explained my side. This didn't become an issue until it blew up.

As for the additional information I was incorrect in my last post. The coin was posted at a $75 BIN and sat for several months (it is still siting) so I offered $35 which is about half price. When that was refused I upped the offer to $45 which is pretty reasonable IMO.

<quote>
spoons said
It does seem very unfair to be labelled a bad seller, because a person doesn't accept low offers on items. I though that any naming and shaming had to be backed up by some facts/explanation. </quote>

Where did I say he was a bad seller I specifically worded my post and it is and was meant only as a warning based on the experience I had.

Here is some more information about why I am upset over this issue. This is a line directly from one of the ebay messages Keith sent me

"You keep triyng to lowball me even when I offered you some very proffitable deals in the past."

I have a problem when someone says they have offered me deals in the past when that just never happened. I asked about what deals in my next email and he refused to give any information, because they were and are no deals.

As far as I am concerned this guy made up stories about me. He can block whoever he wants for whatever reason but he should at least have a reason and be kind enough to tell the bidder.

As I said he was unprofessional and has made up stories about me that just have no fact at all in them. This is the primary reason I have a problem.

Makoslade- I tried to resolve things like an adult and Keith refused to hear it. He is doing the same things here. I am giving my side of the story he continues to take unjustified jabs at me and my big power seller status.

nighttrain- Shanes comments were tongue and cheek (he was making a joke) as Keith has already implied that I somehow am using my mod status to further this which is so very far from the truth.

Hopefully this further explains my reasoning for being ticked and why I posted it on RS. I am sure no one likes to be treated unfairly and with the above comments Keith made to me via ebay he more then implied that I had treated him unfairly which is 1000% not true and totally false.

If someone was saying something untrue about you that could impact what you do for a living wouldn't you be upset about it.

I would prefer to not continue this in this thread but I am sure we will get a response from Keith and that is fine.

If anyone has any questions for me they are welcome to to pm or email me. I am not hard to find.

James G
jgallony@aol.com

Reaction score
James, All this sounds so completely absurd. In my opinion you brought this on yourself with an unjustified, misleading, vague, character bashing post within a forum recommending avoiding bad sellers.

As the facts have come to light it would appear as if you were consistently trying to lowball this seller who freely made a choice to end buyer/seller negotiations with you.
That is well within the sellers right. He doesn't owe you an explanation. An explanation would be nice but maybe he just felt feed-up with your tactics and choose not to be nice. If you had posted that Kalgara13 wasn't "nice to me","wasn't kind to me" that would have more accurately described the interaction and the members here would have just laughed at you and not looked at Keith with unjustified suspicion and as a seller to avoid.

I do not see unprofessional behavior on Keith's part nor have I heard stories made up about other people by him.

"As far as I am concerned this guy made up stories about me. He can block whoever he wants for whatever reason but he should at least have a reason and be kind enough to tell the bidder."

For me this statement is the one that is scary because it sounds somewhat paranoid and demanding. James no one is out to get you and I certainly haven't heard stories from Keith bad mouthing you or any other member here.

Furthermore, Yes being a Mod does play into this issue. The leadership should be setting the example and serve as role models. How about "kind" and "nice" from the Mod??

Your post and your expalnation for post speaks volumns to your character and business practices.
The responses by members to your post and the support Keith is receiving speaks to his character as well.
G-Man

Reaction score
For what my opinion is worth, I don't think James was calling Keith a 'bad seller' in his comment. He simply said that he "wouldn't suggest dealing with him".

Having said that, the title of the thread is "Bad eBayer list - AVOID these sellers/buyers". If Keith isn't a bad seller/buyer, then I don't think he should have been included in this thread IMO. If I began posting the names of people that rubbed me the wrong way or were unprofessional toward me, this would be the longest thread in the RS forums.

On another point about posting on the Internet in general. Everyone should be very careful about what they say about other people in public. If someone were able to prove that public comments negatively affected their business, there could be grounds for legal action.

EDIT: Just so no one misunderstands my last comment. I just wanted to give people something to think about, its not directed to anyone particular. Food for thought.

Leif

James_Gallo

Reaction score
kalgara said:
I respect the fact that we can discuss this rationally. I also support anyone who wishes to continue doing business with Mr. Gallo. He does have some nice stuff and I am sure he has earned his respect in the past. Unfortunately, my experiences have been different. What I have a problem with is that I got publically slammed without any supporting evidence. I do not deserve to be painted with such a broad and ambiguous stroke. Where are the facts in his statment? Its all oppinion. Now I am lummped in with bootleggers, re-carders or other scammers. That is the point of my letter. What has happened between us was our business. Not everyone can be best buds. In our case we appariently both got on each others nerves and clashed. So before things deteriorted further I blocked him. I thought it was resolved. Mr. Gallo has brought it here for discussion and so we all have to discuss it now. You cant blame me for standing up for myself. AS I dont blame any one for standing up for him. Just try and see where I am coming from too. Thanks, Keith
If you had a rational discussion we would not be here.

Instead you choose to say I have said enough and if you continue to contact me I will report you to ebay.

WHAT experiences!!!!

How much more plain and simple can I get. You have NEVER EVER EVER done any deals with me beyond that one almost transaction.

You are the one being vague now Keith!!! Back it up. Tell everyone how I wronged you and low balled you and everything else. I am waiting to hear all of the horrible things I did to you.

Please put me in my place because I would have NO problem admitting I was wrong if you BACK IT UP WITH ANY FACTS!!!!!

James G

James_Gallo

Reaction score
G_Man said:
James, All this sounds so completely absurd. In my opinion you brought this on yourself with an unjustified, misleading, vague, character bashing post within a forum recommending avoiding bad sellers.
It is absurd is Keith had handled in professionally and not made up excuses and lies about me then we would not be here.

G_Man said:
As the facts have come to light it would appear as if you were consistently trying to lowball this seller who freely made a choice to end buyer/seller negotiations with you.
That is well within the sellers right. He doesn't owe you an explanation. An explanation would be nice but maybe he just felt feed-up with your tactics and choose not to be nice. If you had posted that Kalgara13 wasn't "nice to me","wasn't kind to me" that would have more accurately described the interaction and the members here would have just laughed at you and not looked at Keith with unjustified suspicion and as a seller to avoid.

I do not see unprofessional behavior on Keith's part nor have I heard stories made up about other people by him.
Again you are missing the point. Keith clearly stated things to me that were not true. This was he "reason" for blocking me. As per dictionary.com definition of unprofessional:

un·pro·fes·sion·al Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[uhn-pruh-fesh-uh-nl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1. not professional; not pertaining to or characteristic of a profession.

2. at variance with or contrary to professional standards or ethics; not befitting members of a profession, as language, behavior, or conduct.

3. not belonging to a profession; nonprofessional.

4. not done with professional competence, as a play staged or an opera performed by amateurs; amateurish.

5. Sports. nonprofessional (def. 2).

–noun 6. a person who is not a professional; amateur.

I think Keith in this case fits #2 and #4 well.

G_Man said:
"As far as I am concerned this guy made up stories about me. He can block whoever he wants for whatever reason but he should at least have a reason and be kind enough to tell the bidder."

For me this statement is the one that is scary because it sounds somewhat paranoid and demanding. James no one is out to get you and I certainly haven't heard stories from Keith bad mouthing you or any other member here.
How is this paranoid. This guy comes on here and takes shots at me being a power seller and a mod. I am not sure what else to say other then he stated to me exactly what I previously posted:

"You keep triyng to lowball me even when I offered you some very proffitable deals in the past."

There were NO past deals. This statement is a total lie. This is about as clear as I can state anything. When someone makes up lies about me I have an issue with it.

G_Man said:
Furthermore, Yes being a Mod does play into this issue. The leadership should be setting the example and serve as role models. How about "kind" and "nice" from the Mod??

Your post and your expalnation for post speaks volumns to your character and business practices.
The responses by members to your post and the support Keith is receiving speaks to his character as well.
G-Man
I have ever right as a COLLECTOR to voice my OPINION about a ebay member/transaction. This has nothing to do with what I do as a mod and I am WELL within my rights as a COLLECTOR to say anything I want within the guide lines of the forum.

If you had read this thread you would notice that just about everyone sees both sides and it is about a 50/50 split in support of each party.

I think the fact that Keith has made up excuses and lies about me speaks more to his character then anything else.

Gary you and I have never seen eye to eye and I doubt we will in the future, so once again I will agree to disagree with you and go about my business.

I have now been very clear with my issues with Keith. As I have said previously people can judge for themselves but I would not deal with someone who treated me this way.

Furthermore at no point did I ever say Keith was a scammer or re-carder etc. The title of this thread is sellers to AVOID and as I stated I would avoid Keith as a seller.

James G

Reaction score
I read through this post hoping to gain insight as to whom I should avoid in my business dealings and instead I find childish mud slinging. So sad! Even worse, the mud slinging is directed by the moderator, James Gallo towards a stand up scummer NOT scammer, Kalgara13, because why?...he was offended by your low ball offers? I would be too!! Look at your selling prices,Mr. Gallo, they're ludicrous...and it would upset me if I had a dealer/store owner/moderator/afficianado, low balling me so that he could hand deliver it into AFA and charge exponentially more! Come on, its clear what's really going on here..it's called a power trip.
As for Mr. Gallo's responses/excuses, they seem quite irrational,almost not pertaining to the matter at hand? I hope this industry has not changed you from anakin to vader, my friend.
The bottom line is that I should not feel compelled to write this in the first place. This section should be for true crooks and not for bashing fellow scummers for not agreeing with those with entitlement issues.

Reaction score
James,
You're mad because he blocked you. It's not because you didn't want to deal with him. It's not that he should be avoided. You wanted something he had for sale, you failed in your attempt to aquire it and you took it upon yourself to bash him on the boards in order to retaliate. I see your actions as childish! {I don't think it's necessary for me to provide 4 or 5 definitions for that word!} It is the very reason why ebay will no longer allow sellers to leave negative feedback because so often sellers left retailitory false negatives.
What did you expect? How would you react if someone left a post about you,like you left for Keith in the avoid sellers section? Your actions could not be ignored by Keith so he responded with an explanation that you seem to have trouble accepting. Like I said you brought this on yourself. Your post was inflamatory and unnecessary. You are a collector, we all know that, but you also have Moderator next to your name so that factors in whether you agree or not. If you had just let it go, accepted his decision to block you and not react emotionally and post impulsively we would not be here. You know that I am in the area and if you need my support I would be glad to help. I have 2 or 3 of that same coin and would be glad to make one available to you. G_man

Reaction score
James_Gallo said:
It is absurd is Keith had handled in professionally and not made up excuses and lies about me then we would not be here.

James G
It seems this would not be here if you had not started the post in the 1st place.

Wow this makes for an interesting read! Sure James you have the right to defend yourself as a collector but imo as a mod you also have a duty to keep the forums a friendly, enjoyable community. Again you initiated the post, so you were not defending yourself at that point. Lets not make excuses about the title of this thread, we all know the purpose of posting peoples names here, and honestly I think your reason was a little weak. The trouble I have with these threads is it is a he said she said sort of thing and I don’t see a tangle fact that justified starting the thread in the 1st place. Did you pay for something and not get it, did you get a fake item, did he give you the old bate and switch, did he want to charge $100 for shipping; no, no, no and no. This is the sort of activities I’d expect to read about here. I wouldn’t want my name on the list of scoundrels either.

Seems to me all that happened is two people could not agree on a price and perhaps some hostilities sparked. The problem with these things is the truth is always somewhere in the middle, but as I read through this neither side will drop it. Clearly both of you guy have supporters and honestly I haven’t read anything that would preclude me from doing business with either of you but honestly from a respect factor it drops as both or you keep making post. Come on guy, stop slinging mud and get over it, I expect this is getting blown way out of proportion.

Reaction score
donnydarko said:
I read through this post hoping to gain insight as to whom I should avoid in my business dealings and instead I find childish mud slinging. So sad! Even worse, the mud slinging is directed by the moderator, James Gallo towards a stand up scummer NOT scammer, Kalgara13, because why?...he was offended by your low ball offers? I would be too!! Look at your selling prices,Mr. Gallo, they're ludicrous...and it would upset me if I had a dealer/store owner/moderator/afficianado, low balling me so that he could hand deliver it into AFA and charge exponentially more! Come on, its clear what's really going on here..it's called a power trip.
As for Mr. Gallo's responses/excuses, they seem quite irrational,almost not pertaining to the matter at hand? I hope this industry has not changed you from anakin to vader, my friend.
The bottom line is that I should not feel compelled to write this in the first place. This section should be for true crooks and not for bashing fellow scummers for not agreeing with those with entitlement issues.
excellent post, I both second and third this

Reaction score
Donnydarko is absolutely right. This has totally turned into some 5th Grade pi$$ing contest and its absurd. It only detracts from the true reason this post is here to protect people from REAL scammers. I only came on here to defend myself from an unjust statement. I didnt expect to be drilled repeatedly and have my statment dissected like it was a legal brief... I left my initial post to stand up against a falce acusation. In Febuary 09, I will have been on ebay for 10 years! You dont last that long if you are doing something crooked. We are obviously both strong & pridefull individuals who dont like to have our honor or integrity questioned. That can be a good thing or it can decend into madness like this. With that, I am walking away. I have said my piece. I stand by my decision. I have defended myself and I am not going to waist any more of yours or my precious time on such adolecent behavior. I hope eveyrone will also move on to something vastly moooore interesting Mr. Gallo, will you second that motion and agree to dissagree with me and go our separate ways? Thank you and happy hunting to all, Keith E. Drake

Reaction score
James_Gallo said:
I really wonder if people read things well.
As per my first post about this

spoons said

It does seem very unfair to be labelled a bad seller, because a person doesn't accept low offers on items. I though that any naming and shaming had to be backed up by some facts/explanation.

Where did I say he was a bad seller I specifically worded my post and it is and was meant only as a warning based on the experience I had.

James G
As others have said, this is a thread to warn the community about bad sellers, by merely mentioning Keith in this thread the inference is that he's a bad seller

It doesn't really matter how you worded your warning - if someone is named in this thread, their name will be associated with con artists

Reaction score
You are 1000% correct. This has been blown way out of proportion. This only detracts from the good ALL OF US on Rebelscum and eBay have done and serves no one in the community. There are real scammers out there to watch out for and report on. Happy Hunting to all! Keith E. Drake

Reaction score
Well that was unpleasant, I hope this blows over quickly.

First of all personal messages sent between people are not allowed to be quoted in this forum, which includes the mods.

This isn't pleasant reading really and it was surprising for me to even find this posted. It is obvious that the posting rules in here need to be revised as this clearly isn't working as it should. A new rule about including why the person is a scammer/bad seller/buyer has to be included, IMHO. To call someone out and mention him/her by name and/or user name in here with personal vendetta intentions without any support or facts is really a ground from being blocked to post in this part of the forum. Bottom line is that all people that post in here are on the same level, mods/noobs and even Swedish people (well aside from Mattias). If not then what will this forum turn into over time?

I would like to nominate myself as a bad buyer since I haven't bought anything in the past two months for my collection. Now that is a warning to all of you!

/R