AZ Board 102 Hasbro broke the bank this weekend !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: AZ Board 102 Hasbro broke the bank this weeke

skgi_2358456_23358.jpg

Reaction score

Can any of you PC gamers recommend a good gaming mouse? I need one with 5 buttons.

Reaction score

Talk about an appopriate thread title.

Anyway, I do like all the work you put into your Gunner station Ares. BTW, is the vintage mold? It looks amazing.

Reaction score

Ryanforce said:
Can any of you PC gamers recommend a good gaming mouse? I need one with 5 buttons.

I know a lot of people like this one

My buddy has the older model and really likes it, you can read the reviews of that mouse there too. I'll probably get that one when I build my PC later this year

Reaction score
Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

M_Kunst said:

Anyway, I do like all the work you put into your Gunner station Ares. BTW, is the vintage mold? It looks amazing.

Slave I, JediVetTech & MK- Thanks!!!

MK- Part of the cannon is from the original. My vintage Death Star Playstation is in such bad condition I figured this made more sense. I also added pieces to the cannon. This whole set was a lot of fun to make. Had you seen it prior to painting you'd probably laugh your *** off.

Reaction score

GSRJedi said:
Ryanforce said:

I've heard good things about that one too.

I know a lot of people like this one

My buddy has the older model and really likes it, you can read the reviews of that mouse there too. I'll probably get that one when I build my PC later this year

Reaction score

I've noticed a definite shift in SDCC the past couple years. Exclusives have never been easier to get and honestly without Hasbro limiting their Joe items so much, there wasn't much that was a hassle; especially for Star Wars stuff. Along with these easier to acquire "exclusives" for me the show has become less about running around trying to get everything and more about enjoying the panels and exhibitors. I think you guys would have a blast going on Friday and seeing Star Wars day.

What follows is my semi-long take on my SDCC experience this year, just letting you know in case you don't want to read a lot.

This was kind of an interesting year for me and SDCC. From the huge increase in ticket prices to the earlier cut off of the cheaper tickets to not knowing if I was going to even be able to go to not knowing if I'd even have any money to spend there; I was wholly unprepared for this year's con. I ended up missing out on the four-day badges and opted to volunteer. I've done it before and didn't have a bad experience, but haven't done it in subsequent years for fears of missing out on stuff. I actually had a great time volunteering this year. I was assigned to "programming line" all three days, where my job had something to do with any of the numerous programming rooms. I actually ended up working in and getting to see two of the panels I actually wanted to see, and the others were interesting things I never would've gone to on my own but ended up being really good. Thing is my volunteer scheduling ended up breaking my day up and I didn't have time to see a lot and just relax and soak the con in. I didn't have a game plan going in. I normally know when the stuff I want to see is going on and what I want to buy and have gotten good at allocating time to do all the other stuff in between. This year I pretty much ran around like a chicken with it's head cut off. And it showed, I didn't get to do nearly all the stuff I wanted and I was frakkin' exhausted by the end of each day. That being said I had one of the best times I've ever had at SDCC and can't wait until next year.

Reaction score

Oh yeah and the Force Unleashed was really good. I played the PS3 version and found it really easy to control and feel like a bad-[censored] even though you weren't fully powered up in the demo. There is a demo coming to the XBox 360 & PS3 in mid-August.

Also played the Clone Wars game on Wii and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Pretty much just a shake your controller wildly fighting game.

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
M_Kunst said:

Slave I, JediVetTech & MK- Thanks!!!

MK- Part of the cannon is from the original. My vintage Death Star Playstation is in such bad condition I figured this made more sense. I also added pieces to the cannon. This whole set was a lot of fun to make. Had you seen it prior to painting you'd probably laugh your *** off.

I also wanted to chime in and say I liked what you did with the Jawas. Cool setup there.

bac

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
Part of the cannon is from the original. My vintage Death Star Playstation is in such bad condition I figured this made more sense. I also added pieces to the cannon. This whole set was a lot of fun to make. Had you seen it prior to painting you'd probably laugh your *** off.

I like the cannon as well, especially the circular plating underneath it. Reminds me of a cannon I saw in the diorama forum but has a little more going on.

On the droid factory... is that a retrofit for the sandcrawler interior or a standalone piece? If a standalone, how does it fit into the room?

Reaction score
SDCC exclusives

I think GG sent the email links before actually activating them. Last year, I would get the email hours later than everyone else. This year, the email came, I clicked on the links and they didn't work. About 10 minutes later, they finally became active. It took about 10 attempts to complete my order for the Anakin bust until it went through.

I skipped SDCC this year. The exclusives were not as appealing to me as in years past. Besides, you no longer have to go there to get them. I do enjoy the panels and other activities, but did not miss the crowds. G4 TV had 3 hour shows on Thursday and Friday that allowed me to keep up with all the news.

Reaction score

Scoutrooper1138 said:
I also wanted to chime in and say I liked what you did with the Jawas. Cool setup there.

Thanks! I basically did that one because I enjoyed doing the Death Star Gunner station so much and I have tons of Jawas (well, more like 50-60) and would really like to display them all, so I figured I'd create the little dio. I may stick a few more Jawas on there. I've actually added more to it since I took that picture. There's an astromech head from an extra Build-a-Droid figure on the bench and a couple of the Jawas have tools in their hands now.

Reaction score

bac said:
I like the cannon as well, especially the circular plating underneath it. Reminds me of a cannon I saw in the diorama forum but has a little more going on.

On the droid factory... is that a retrofit for the sandcrawler interior or a standalone piece? If a standalone, how does it fit into the room?

Thanks! The circular plating is from a desk fan. It was perfect. I used another customizer's work as inspiration for it. I found it probably close to 7-8 years ago and loved it. My original plan was to redo my entire Death Star playstation, but bring it up to date. I never got very far with it. You never know, I may go back and do it at some point.

The Droid factory is meant to look as though it's from inside the Sandcrawler, but I already had an interior to a good portion of the crawler. This is actually positioned above the crawler as if it were a shot from a magazine where they show you a little detail in a bubble to the side of the main picture. The Death Star gunner station is done in a similar way. The plan for my room is that I want so much going on that no matter how many times you are in it there's always something you missed from the time before.

Reaction score
Re: SDCC exclusives

JesseJango said:
I think GG sent the email links before actually activating them. Last year, I would get the email hours later than everyone else. This year, the email came, I clicked on the links and they didn't work. About 10 minutes later, they finally became active. It took about 10 attempts to complete my order for the Anakin bust until it went through.

Were you logged in? Once I logged in the links became active. I was able to get to it immediately.

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
So who's planning to get the SS 12" Vader & Stormtrooper?

I already pre-ordered the exclusive version of both when I was at SDCC. I can't wait for these. I thought they looked really good when I saw them up close.

Reaction score

Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:

I already pre-ordered the exclusive version of both when I was at SDCC. I can't wait for these. I thought they looked really good when I saw them up close.

I'm torn on Vader. I wished I knew if they were planning an ESB or ROTJ version. I'd rather have one of those.

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:

I'm torn on Vader. I wished I knew if they were planning an ESB or ROTJ version. I'd rather have one of those.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm sure they will eventually because I think a lot of people would like to see these versions and SSC knows this. They'll probably tweak the ANH version and make the Vader into a cash cow. It kind of makes sense that they are starting with the ANH version in some ways since they have made so many ANH characters in the last year and a half (Obi Wan, Luke, Leia, Han etc.). I'm just excited to finally be getting a Vader from SS!

Reaction score

Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:
Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm sure they will eventually because I think a lot of people would like to see these versions and SSC knows this. They'll probably tweak the ANH version and make the Vader into a cash cow. It kind of makes sense that they are starting with the ANH version in some ways since they have made so many ANH characters in the last year and a half (Obi Wan, Luke, Leia, Han etc.). I'm just excited to finally be getting a Vader from SS!

I agree. The ANH version makes complete sense. Afterall that's the first one ever to be seen. It's just my least favorite of all of them.

I'm wondering if a Sandtrooper will be just behind the Stormtrooper. If it is they better at least make the modifications that differentiate the two. If they just slap a pauldron and backpack onto the existing figure I'll be greatly disappointed and I know Ground Trooper will be.

Reaction score

Okay, I guess I'm not close to caught up. Someone found the NEW new comic packs at a TRU in long island. The guy said he found Cade/Talon, Thrawn/Karde and Leia/Xixor. This is probably my most anticipated of the Comic packs because I have read all the Tharwn tirlogy stuff and SOTE so I am familiar with the characters. I have started to read up on Legacy so the Talon/Cade one is appealing to if not for the fact that it includes a kick [censored] looking scantily clad tatted Sith Twilek chick.

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:
Scoutrooper1138 said:
Ares_X said:

I agree. The ANH version makes complete sense. Afterall that's the first one ever to be seen. It's just my least favorite of all of them.

I'm wondering if a Sandtrooper will be just behind the Stormtrooper. If it is they better at least make the modifications that differentiate the two. If they just slap a pauldron and backpack onto the existing figure I'll be greatly disappointed and I know Ground Trooper will be.

I would imagine a Sandtrooper is not far behind given that now they have the mold and everything to make them. I would also guess that with Sideshow's attention to detail that they would do more than just slap the Pauldron and backpack on. I could be wrong, but SS knows how picky the fans are and I think they will do a good job on detail particularly when it comes to troopers because they know that many fans will buy more than one if they are done right.

Reaction score

Scoutrooper1138 said:
I would also guess that with Sideshow's attention to detail that they would do more than just slap the Pauldron and backpack on.

Normally I would agree with this, but with the recent lack of detail on the Aayla figure I'm not so sure.

Reaction score

So I got a cool PM from bac yesterday. Remember how he said he'd be seeing Clone Wars a week early? Well he's allowed to bring one guest and somehow I was the lucky person. WOO HOO!!! I knew bac was a nice guy, but this is cool as hell. We're going next weekend!

I'll be sure to post up the entire story in BIG, BOLD LETTERS. Just kidding. I'd never do that.

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
Scoutrooper1138 said:
I would also guess that with Sideshow's attention to detail that they would do more than just slap the Pauldron and backpack on.

Normally I would agree with this, but with the recent lack of detail on the Aayla figure I'm not so sure.

I see what you are saying. I thought they could have done some things better on Secura as well. However, I think SS rushes on some of their exclusives so they can meet a certain date which shows up in the detail and quality. But on the other hand SS realizes that they have a lot at stake with Vader and troopers. Given how much lead time on the stormtroopers and the Vader there still is, I have faith that they won't cut any corners.

Perhaps I'm a SS apologist, but I really think SS will do these figures right simply because they know how much is at stake and how much upside there is if the fans like them. Personally I'm hoping they will do a 1:6 scale Scout Trooper at some point.

I guess in the end I just really hope I'm right. I'm really looking forward to these so they better not screw them up!

Reaction score

DashRendar said:
Ryanforce said:

The Logitech MX-518 has almost nothing but great reviews.

The Logitech G5 and that one are really good. I see if I can find a decent deal on either of them.

Reaction score

M_Kunst said:
Okay, I guess I'm not close to caught up. Someone found the NEW new comic packs at a TRU in long island. The guy said he found Cade/Talon, Thrawn/Karde and Leia/Xixor. This is probably my most anticipated of the Comic packs because I have read all the Tharwn tirlogy stuff and SOTE so I am familiar with the characters. I have started to read up on Legacy so the Talon/Cade one is appealing to if not for the fact that it includes a kick [censored] looking scantily clad tatted Sith Twilek chick.

That's cool the Darth Talon is actually one of the sets I'm wanting. The other is the new Durge set, I think I'm passing on most of the others.

Reaction score

I broke down and bought the 12" Han Tatooine Smuggler the other day from a place called Monkey Depot in Mesa, I think he looks pretty awesome. Better sculpt than Bespin Han and like the outfit more too...only want to keep one and so somehow need to sell the other. Also ANH Leia is on the way, decided to stick with my idea of ANH iconic display.

Will be ready for the Vader pre-order tomorrow, looking forward to this one for sure!

Reaction score

Ares_X said:
JesseJango said:

Were you logged in? Once I logged in the links became active. I was able to get to it immediately.

I was logged in before hitting the link and tried logging in after clicking the link and refreshing the page. It seemed to me that they delayed activating the link until after all the emails were sent. If so, that was a good thing for them to do.

Reaction score

Ground_Trooper said:
Ares_X said:
StarWarsShop has the new Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia available for pre-order.

$109.99

I wonder if this will show up at someplace like CostCo at a lesser price.

Amazon $78 an some change!!

You just don't get it autographed!! Big Whoop!

Good to know! I didn't care about the signature. I may have to get this.

Reaction score

Sounds like some people were looking for the Hoth Speeder Bike BP. I left one each at the Tempe Marketplace Target and Gilbert/Southern Target. No sign of new comic packs.

Reaction score
Store Report

Indianbend & 101 TRU- Asaaj wave of Comic packs, tons of figures, Falcons, LEGO I've never seen before, toddler shirts, backpacks, and a lot of Mighty Muggs I haven't seen for a while. I did grab a MM Stormtrooper since I passed on it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.