Axe Woves - #TM25

Reaction score
So we're all just expecting this to be a minor retool of the Mando Loyalist Exclusive from a year or so ago, right? Slightly different helmet, new head, and different paint?

Reaction score
So we're all just expecting this to be a minor retool of the Mando Loyalist Exclusive from a year or so ago, right? Slightly different helmet, new head, and different paint?
It certainly does look like 3 of the 4 figures that have been revealed so far, will be re-tools/repaints.

Reaction score
Axe’s body type, chest plate, and general armor style resembles the Death Watch Mandalorian far more than it does the CW Mandalorian Loyalist (which itself was a Jango Fett retool), so I’d expect them to start from the base of the Death Watch figure instead. Compare:

ibZkF6H.png

8boZj53.png

Reaction score
Axe’s body type, chest plate, and general armor style resembles the Death Watch Mandalorian far more than it does the CW Mandalorian Loyalist (which itself was a Jango Fett retool), so I’d expect them to start from the base of the Death Watch figure instead. Compare:

Ahh...good call. I had forgotten about the DW one...

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
Yours looks great but I think he wears a repainted Boba/Deathwatch helmet instead of Jango’s. But your colors look great
Thanks. The Jango helmet was all I had available at the time. Made him shortly after Koska was announced.

Plus, had a feeling we'd get him eventually. That's why I made him with the plan to convert him into another "flashback" Deathwatch when the official drops

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just saw the new TVC reveal for Axe, and I like it, altough looks like a Mando repaint, with new belt and Boba helmet. Likeness looks decent on the small scale.
Can't await to see images of the TBS now 🤩

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Axe Woves. Code-named "Fairfax". This is #25 in the The Mandalorian sub-line. Should be part of Wave 9. Comes with JT-12 jetpack & a single WESTAR-35 blaster pistol.

On shelf Spring 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order Saturday, July 23rd at 5pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium 6- inch AXE WOVES figure, inspired by the character in the STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN series. A skilled warrior, Axe Woves is loyal to Bo-Katan and is a member of a band of Clan Kryze Mandalorians striking back at the Imperial remnant. Fans and collectors can display this fully articulated figure featuring premium detail and multiple points of articulation, in their collection. This STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES figure comes with one entertainment-inspired accessory.

Press Images

Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Boxed-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Boxed-1.jpg

Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-Axe-Woves-TM-Loose-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very keen for this.

I really liked the look of the Death Watch Mandalorian, but as much as I've apparently become a Mandalorian collector I just can't seem bring to myself to get the generic background Mandalorians. I like the named Mandalorians with removable helmets. And this is basically the Death Watch Mando with a face, so it's the best of both

I also really like the Bo-Katan and Koska figs, even with the little inaccuracies, so completing the trio seems like a no brainer.

One thing I really like is that although this is 99% reuse of the Death Watch body, they've very cleverly accounted for Axe's slightly longer tabard thing by including it in the new belt. You can see that little tab hanging down off the front of his torso. The paint makes it look like it's a continuation of the brown part of his torso under armour, but that tab isn't part of the original Death Watch body. I suspect it actually hangs off the belt.

It's a nice touch, and really makes me wish they could have found a way to use a different pair of lower legs for Koska so she didn't have the inaccurate shin pads.

I also wish Axe came with something other than a single Mando pistol. I know he doesn't use either in the show, but I really see him suiting the Death Watch carbine or better yet the GALAAR-15 carbine from Clone Wars (the long version of the pistol he comes with) more.

Reaction score
Very keen for this.

I really liked the look of the Death Watch Mandalorian, but as much as I've apparently become a Mandalorian collector I just can't seem bring to myself to get the generic background Mandalorians. I like the named Mandalorians with removable helmets. And this is basically the Death Watch Mando with a face, so it's the best of both

I also really like the Bo-Katan and Koska figs, even with the little inaccuracies, so completing the trio seems like a no brainer.

One thing I really like is that although this is 99% reuse of the Death Watch body, they've very cleverly accounted for Axe's slightly longer tabard thing by including it in the new belt. You can see that little tab hanging down off the front of his torso. The paint makes it look like it's a continuation of the brown part of his torso under armour, but that tab isn't part of the original Death Watch body. I suspect it actually hangs off the belt.

It's a nice touch, and really makes me wish they could have found a way to use a different pair of lower legs for Koska so she didn't have the inaccurate shin pads.

I also wish Axe came with something other than a single Mando pistol. I know he doesn't use either in the show, but I really see him suiting the Death Watch carbine or better yet the GALAAR-15 carbine from Clone Wars (the long version of the pistol he comes with) more.
Live-action Sabine Wren should be another keeper. :love:

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Why does this wave repack the Obi-Wan Kenobi (Wandering Jedi)? Usually these case assortments have been 100% brand new.
They've done it twice before in Phase IV: Wave 3 had the Armorer repacked from Wave 2, and Wave 5 had Bo-Katan repacked from Wave 4. So that's a third of the released waves that have repacks.

Personally, I think it's an odd choice to repack that Kenobi figure. If they were going to repack a figure from the previous wave I think Figrin D'an would have been a smarter choice as an "army builder". Or better yet, double pack a popular figure from that wave - Maul would seem to be the best choice there.

Reaction score
They've done it twice before in Phase IV: Wave 3 had the Armorer repacked from Wave 2, and Wave 5 had Bo-Katan repacked from Wave 4. So that's a third of the released waves that have repacks.

Personally, I think it's an odd choice to repack that Kenobi figure. If they were going to repack a figure from the previous wave I think Figrin D'an would have been a smarter choice as an "army builder". Or better yet, double pack a popular figure from that wave - Maul would seem to be the best choice there.
Actually I would have expected the 4th Sister would be of that wave 🤔🤔

Reaction score
She probably wasn't ready yet considering all we've seen of her figure are digital renderings and a single physical prototype at SWCA.
Here's a quick thought:

Would they ever cancel a figure, after a digital render reveal? Not saying this is what is going on, but it just popped into my mind.
Costs and all.