Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

Reaction score
With all the stars in this movie, it sure should be #1... and Zoe Saldana (Avatar and the MCU) I think is the only one in both of the biggest of all time..

There are actors with big time geek cred, but that's a pretty good resume all by itself, then throw in Star Trek as well...

I don't think there's a thread for that, but it would be interesting to make a list of actors with the most Geek Cred. Sam Jackson is likely high on any list like that with Star Wars, MCU, and Jurassic Park... among other things of course.

Reaction score
With all the stars in this movie, it sure should be #1... and Zoe Saldana (Avatar and the MCU) I think is the only one in both of the biggest of all time..

There are actors with big time geek cred, but that's a pretty good resume all by itself, then throw in Star Trek as well...
She was also in Infinity War ... so, three of the top five highest grossing films of all time. Not too bad, I guess.

Reaction score
Always been a fan of hers since before he Geek trend, and think it would be neat if she got a role in a DC Film. The good thing about her being Gamora and green in GOTG, she could be cast as some other character in the MCU. Especially if it turns out that Gamora really is gone.

Reaction score
she's not gone.

Spoiler:  
there's a leaked/deleted scene floating around which shows all the heroes solemnly "kneeling" after tony dies. gamora slips away unnoticed and 'gets outta dodge'

Reaction score
she's not gone.

Spoiler:  
there's a leaked/deleted scene floating around which shows all the heroes solemnly "kneeling" after tony dies. gamora slips away unnoticed and 'gets outta dodge'
lol

Spoiler:  
Freaking deleted scenes! I was wondering what happened to her, because I didn't think she went back to her own time. However, it's gonna be a very different Gamora than what Peter is used to. Thus changing their dynamic immensely.

I wonder if they'll explore that in GOTG3, or not address it at all?

Reaction score
I’m sure it will be a major factor in GOTG but honestly I rather keep the dead people dead so the story means something

Reaction score
Seems like Disney may be thinking towards Young Avengers. Currently eyeing Stanfield for Kate Bishop in Hawkeye series.

i still think they should just introduce Nova already, plenty of Avenger characters still available. Not all of them need origin stories as introductions.

Reaction score
I’m sure it will be a major factor in GOTG but honestly I rather keep the dead people dead so the story means something
True and I really hope that GOTG3 isn't just Peter trying to get time-displaced Gamora to fall in love with him, because we've already seen how their relationship played out in the first movie. No need to rehash familiar territory.

Reaction score
speaking of time-displaced Gamora, it would seem that the sacrifice she made to attain the stone CAN be undone, with just a little bit of time travel. we are told that Natasha's sacrifice CAN't be undone, because the sacrifice she made to attain the stone was permanent/everlasting/whatever... but Gamora made the exact same "Everlasting Sacrifice", to attain the exact same stone. and this WAS undone. so what's to stop Our Heroes from just going back in time and "displacing" a past version of Natasha, by bringing her forward to the future, so she can continue in the MCU? if Zoe Saldana can continue in the MCU after sacrificing her character to attain the stone, then why can't Scarlett Johansen be resurrected in the exact same way? this bargain doesn't seem very "permanent" or "everlasting" or whatever. all it takes is a little bit of time travel.

(and/or: Red Skull said the deal was "a soul for a soul". so when Cap goes back in time and takes the stone BACK to that same moment.. then wouldn't the same deal apply, "a soul for a soul"? when he returns the stone, then Natasha's bargain should be undone -- no harm, no foul).

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking. Go back in time (aka alternate reality) and bring back a Natasha same as Gamora.

That is interesting about the soul stone. I hadn't thought of that. How exactly was the soul stone put in Vormir in the first place, and is Captain America necessarily obligated to put it back in Vormir. Was Red Skull even the being that put the soul stone like that? I just assumed it was placed there by someone very powerful and Red Skull was put there as a kind of punishment. Inquiring minds want to know! :confused:

Reaction score
speaking of time-displaced Gamora, it would seem that the sacrifice she made to attain the stone CAN be undone, with just a little bit of time travel. we are told that Natasha's sacrifice CAN't be undone, because the sacrifice she made to attain the stone was permanent/everlasting/whatever... but Gamora made the exact same "Everlasting Sacrifice", to attain the exact same stone. and this WAS undone. so what's to stop Our Heroes from just going back in time and "displacing" a past version of Natasha, by bringing her forward to the future, so she can continue in the MCU? if Zoe Saldana can continue in the MCU after sacrificing her character to attain the stone, then why can't Scarlett Johansen be resurrected in the exact same way? this bargain doesn't seem very "permanent" or "everlasting" or whatever. all it takes is a little bit of time travel.

(and/or: Red Skull said the deal was "a soul for a soul". so when Cap goes back in time and takes the stone BACK to that same moment.. then wouldn't the same deal apply, "a soul for a soul"? when he returns the stone, then Natasha's bargain should be undone -- no harm, no foul).
In defense of the Film. It was og Thanos that made the sacrifice & he was long dead by the time Gamora "returned" & not really the same Gamora. So if they were to bring Natasha back that would require the removal of everyone who sacrificed/loved her. Hawkeye, Hulk & Ironman. Ok that last one's off the list, but I like to think he was sacrificing himself knowing the cost.

It has been hinted at that all the stones have some kind of intelligence. Eternals or future movie might tell us if there are faces behind said intelligence. But since the stones are now destroyed, I am wondering if Loki's escape will really be a mission to save the stones in some form so that silly universe doesn't collapse on itself. :)

Reaction score
Time travel is the worst cop out especially in major films/series like this. Literally anything that happened in previous movies becomes irrelevant because it can be undone. No stakes for anyone; waste of a franchise.

Reaction score
Well the worst cop out would have been if it was all a dream and none of it really happened, but I get your point. LOL! :p

Reaction score
Actually as a time travel film nerd I like how they handled time travel even if the film makers don’t agree:)

Can’t change what happened in previous films.
Cap was always with Peggy just using a different name & was likely still doing Cap stuff.
My only compliant is the number of dead people who had future projects announced which does undercut the story