Avengers: Infinity War & Endgame

Reaction score
And they'll be lining up for it I'm sure. TBH I don't think they need the title, Endgame was a great second half of a movie! Though I suspect they know that no future Marvel Movie will ever reach Infinity War/Endgame numbers. From here on out i don't think any of them will break $600K mark.

Reaction score
And they'll be lining up for it I'm sure. TBH I don't think they need the title, Endgame was a great second half of a movie! Though I suspect they know that no future Marvel Movie will ever reach Infinity War/Endgame numbers. From here on out i don't think any of them will break $600K mark.
You need a life if you pay another $20 to watch 30 more minutes of footage.

Reaction score
I probably need a life honestly. I wanted to go see it again in the theater anyway, so this just gives me a good excuse.

Also: Avatar doesn't deserve that top spot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's maybe a little bit harsh. Many people, myself included, sometimes pay to see a movie more than once in the theater even when there ISN'T 30 more minutes of footage. And what about buying movies on DVD or Blu-ray?

Are you saying you've NEVER paid to see the same movie multiple times?

Last edited:
Reaction score
$600,000!?! I think they should all break that pretty easily. ;)

If you're talking just domestic gross, then yes ... it may be awhile until we see an MCU film cross that number again. If you mean globally, then that won't take long at all.

As for the new footage, I'll be going to the theater again to see it. My oldest daughter wanted to hit Endgame up one more time in the theaters anyway. This just gives us an added reason to do it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The last MCU movie to make less than $600 million (I'm assuming that's what you meant, not $600,000) was Ant-Man in 2015. Nobody expects Infinity War and Endgame numbers, but even if we remove them from the equation, Civil War, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel have all broken a billion. Guardians 2, Homecoming, and Ragnarok all made well over $800 million. So I'm not sure what this $600 million prediction is based on.

Reaction score
I thought going out to the movies was having a life? What difference does it make if you see the same movie or a different movie. Getting out of the house, spending time with friends/family, enjoying a good movie...what's wrong with that?

Reaction score
Spider-Man: Far From Home = July 2, 2019. I'd say your prediction of no other MCU movie reaching $600,000 has about 2 weeks.

GNT

Reaction score
I don't think I could sit through it again at the cinemas, it's a super long movie as it is. I'll wait for the DVD.

Reaction score
Yeah i don't know where I got $600K either. lol I just meant that we likely won't see this kind of turnout for future ensemble Avenger Movies because all the interesting "A" Team Members are gone.
Sure Spidey is still a big draw, and I assume they signed Tom to a multi picture deal. But Cap. Marvel was a bit of a letdown for me, i just don't feel that she's gonna be a very big draw. IDK

Also: Avatar doesn't deserve that top spot.
Why? If it doesn't, then it shouldn't have earned it. Numbers don't lie, right? :p Same reason why TLJ was an Awesomely great Movie right along side those Transformer Movies.

Reaction score
Yeah i don't know where I got $600K either. lol I just meant that we likely won't see this kind of turnout for future ensemble Avenger Movies because all the interesting "A" Team Members are gone.
Sure Spidey is still a big draw, and I assume they signed Tom to a multi picture deal. But Cap. Marvel was a bit of a letdown for me, i just don't feel that she's gonna be a very big draw. IDK

Why? If it doesn't, then it shouldn't have earned it. Numbers don't lie, right? :p Same reason why TLJ was an Awesomely great Movie right along side those Transformer Movies.
Captain Marvel's not a big draw? Based on what? Her movie made over a billion dollars. I promise you Disney execs aren't sitting around saying "You know what, I don't think this whole Captain Marvel thing is gonna work out."

Reaction score
The other thing to remember is that Iron Man was a nobody back in 2008, known only to comic fans and kids who may have caught the cartoon. If the film is good, the audience will be there.

Even if none of the new-to-film Marvel characters catch on, then there's the small matter of the X-Men to come. Endgame was the highest of heights but I don't predict a huge crash for the MCU from here on out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The other thing to remember is that Iron Man was a nobody back in 2008, known only to comic fans and kids who may have caught the cartoon. If the film is good, the audience will be there.

Even if none of the new-to-film Marvel characters catch on, then there's the small matter of the X-Men to come. Endgame was the highest of heights but I don't predict a huge crash for the MCU from here on out.
Exactly. And ever since Iron Man, Marvel has been making household names out of characters that no one had ever heard of. As long as they keep hiring the right writers, directors, and actors, I really don't see why they can't keep up that streak.

I also can't figure out why some people seem so anxious for them to fail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I also can't figure out why some people seem so anxious for them to fail.
That's the way things are. When you've been on top for so long, eventually people want to see you fall. I don't understand it, but unfortunately, you see it all of the time.

Reaction score
I think we all need to step outside of ourselves a bit. I'm guilty, from time to time, of assuming everyone is like me and then I realize that the number of people that care as much as I do about Star Wars is incredibly small compared to the number of moviegoers. I didn't care so much for the way they depicted Carol Danvers, but the money they brought in was about more than what she seemed as a comic book character. I think they can evolve her like they did with Thor and be just fine (not turn her into a fat goofball, but make her more likable).

My comment about Avatar was pretty much that. I didn't dislike Avatar (and it was probably the only movie I've seen where I was happy I saw it in 3D) but it's a run of the mill story with incredible visuals... where have I heard that before?

Reaction score
That's the way things are. When you've been on top for so long, eventually people want to see you fall. I don't understand it, but unfortunately, you see it all of the time.
That's true. But it seems like it sometimes comes from weird places when it's directed at the MCU. Often it comes from people who actually appear to be fans of the movies who still seem to think the MCU is going to collapse any minute.

Reaction score
I think there are a lot of people in the movie industry that want the super hero fad to be over, mostly because it’s the only type of movie making mega bucks. (Yes they often pose as super fans to try to influence others) So no one is out there saying I need to see these other movies in theaters because I can wait till DVD & find out if it’s good then.

its a problem with all movies how do I get people in seats to see MY movie vs Marvel part 27. The fight for the part time movie goers is basically lost. There are a lot of people who still think $3 is to much per person :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Personally I felt that Captain Marvel was rather bland is all. Doesn't mean I hated the Movie or wish MCU to fail. While they do put out much better movies on average than other Studios, they have their moments at releasing ones that don't quite appeal to me the way others do. Then again it might be because I have a different take on the character than those who only watched it because of Endgame.

You hear it from Directors every now and then, that Comic Book Movies ruining it for other Movies or whatever.

At some point it may be true, but i think we got a long way to go yet.

Reaction score
the assumption is, that Marvel is getting more than its share; that Marvel is 'taking away' from other movies;
and if Marvel simply didn't exist, then OTHER movies would be hauling in that exact same amount of revenue.
(somewhere around $32billion, total)
https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/production-company/Marvel-Studios

the reality is, Marvel generated $32billion for an industry which would NOT have been generated otherwise.
and it created a whole new generation of movie-fans who actually LIKE going to theaters again.

(read: the kids who grew up on Marvel Movies for the last decade, will create a ripple-effect,
which will see these fans growing up and taking their OWN kids to the theater, in the COMING decades.

without this "superhero fad" then the very Ritual of "going to the movies" might have died off completely,
as the new generation of millennials would be perfectly content to watch movies on Netflix).

Marvel was a HUGE shot-in-the-arm for the ENTIRE industry. the "superhero fad" helped everyone.
there are more people working in hollywood now, (and more 'butts-in-seats'), than any other time in history.
this could NOT have been accomplished by 'Rom Coms' (nor 'Ridley Scott' films -- he's just spouting sour grapes).

Reaction score
Tired of all the secrecy in Star Wars and Marvel.

Anyone else remember the live cams setup during production of The Phantom Menace? Is there a "Making of the Marvel Cinematic Universe" that has behind the scenes stuff that I've missed? If I can't get information on where they intend to go, I want to go back and see how they got to here.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
My local theater did NOT get the re-release, but I had seen the film twice already and I'm good until the blu-ray. But I do want to know what's new... anyone able to spoiler tag the info?

Reaction score
from what I've read, there is a 'featurette' tribute to Stan Lee; a short introduction by one of the Russo Bros.; and 20 seconds of extra footage within the actual movie itself.

the extra footage shows the

Spoiler:  
Hulk saving children from a burning building

and that's about it.

Reaction score
That 20 seconds of footage was after all the credits, after the Stan Lee piece as well. Those 20 seconds were of unfinished material and was the content that is in the spoiler.

Reaction score
It would have been Hulk's introduction in the movie, giving him some more action scenes, but was cut due to it not really adding anything storywise that wasn't covered in the diner scene.

WE will likely see more when the dvd hits

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Still $22 million short of the record... C'mon MCU fans!

Reaction score
No one wants to pay $20 for 30 more seconds of footage or sit through a 3 hour mediocre movie again.
They probably wouldn't pay for a mediocre movie, no. However, I know if Endgame was re-released here in the UK I for one would absolutely go and see it again on the big screen. Such a great blockbuster film.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
With a worldwide take of 2 billion, 766 million dollars, PLENTY of people "sat through" it more than once, Epsilon! I just want to see it break that final record, and it only needs about 0.8% more of its current take to do it!

Edit: but I agree with you that 30 extra seconds (or however much more it was, even a minute or two) is not worth upwards of $20. It's actually a missed opportunity to not add in a substantial teaser like the X-Men or some other major revelation.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If it weren't so long, I would have considered watching again, even w/o the extra stuff. Personally, some of these movies are just too long these days for multiple viewings. Especially with the slow filler they like to trow in. I'd rather wait it out and be able to watch at home with the FF button.

Honestly, it's not worth it to me to waste the $20 just to try and make it top Avatar. I've got bigger worries in life.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
I've got bigger worries in life.
Yeah, me too, and probably most everybody else on the planet! But it would be cool to see a once-unheard-of possibility (a comic book movie) being the highest grossing movie ever. And the reason I've mentioned it a few times is because it's (figuratively) pennies away from doing so, compared to what it's made already. I'm not wringing my hands waiting for it to happen LOL (nor would I want anyone to spend money just to break a record), and if it doesn't, no sweat- but it's fun to watch it get close :awesome:

Reaction score
Honestly, it's not worth it to me to waste the $20 just to try and make it top Avatar. I've got bigger worries in life.
I'm with you there. I was actually interested in going to see it again anyway. The extra footage peaked my interest, but now that I know what the footage is I lost interest. I did like the movie, but as you said... not a top priority.

Reaction score
I did kind of wanted to go see it again, but it just never worked out. I live so far away form a decent theater, with a screen you'd actually want to see movies like this on. That it's quite an undertaking.

Most people drive about 20 minutes(?) and maybe buy drinks/food etc. at the theater. But I have to drive 80 miles, which means a very long road trip that includes having to eat either lunch or dinner. In addition to gas, a $5 bottle of water at theater. Then drive that 80 miles back home. So it's not just $20 for me to hop over and see a Movie.

Now a movie that i don't care much about XD or an old screen with tears and lines down it, such as Jumangi NextGen. I simply drive about 3 miles and pay about $8. Trade-offs. :\

Reaction score
For some reason The Numbers website has a lower gross for Avatar than Box Office Mojo. I think The Numbers is wrong.