Autographs: Limelighting & Display

Reaction score
Well, I haven't gotten this bad boy framed yet, but it just came back from Studio C and I couldn't be happier and had to show it off:

I had it linen backed (as the paper and edges were in very rough shape) as well as having the inscription from Frank Oz removed.
Looks great, they do a great job.

Reaction score
Congrats Sith _Lord, looks like a beauty.

Were you happy with the price and must have been a little unnerving sending such a prized possession away in the mail.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Congrats Sith _Lord, looks like a beauty.

Were you happy with the price and must have been a little unnerving sending such a prized possession away in the mail.
It is the center piece of my collection and I was so nervous it was going to be lost en route. it cost roughly $300 to do, which was hard to swallow but considering the overall value and wanting to make sure it was both well preserved and displayable, it was worth it in the end. I doubt I'll have another poster that will travel as much as this one did or ever approach what this one is worth, both in dollars and personal nostalgia.

Reaction score
Looks amazing!
Well, I haven't gotten this bad boy framed yet, but it just came back from Studio C and I couldn't be happier and had to show it off:

I had it linen backed (as the paper and edges were in very rough shape) as well as having the inscription from Frank Oz removed.

Reaction score
Some poster I got framed.

I'm not a fan of the band but like the poster artist and that Maynard of tool signed it he's a tuff one to get.

Also got my Thing poster framed. Had him sign this at the Fox in Oakland. I love this poster haven't seen another one like it.

Reaction score
Well, not strictly autographs in this photo but this is my Star Wars display in the man-cave. I'm in the proces of framing and displaying more but these are finally on the wall. Frames are all courtesy of Hollywoodposterframes.

Reaction score
If I'm going to be hanging a poster some where that won't get any direct sunlight, should I still invest in UV acrylic, or would regular plastic be alright? I'm going to have it with acid free matting regardless, so it won't be touching the plastic/acrylic.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I'm going to be hanging a poster some where that won't get any direct sunlight, should I still invest in UV acrylic, or would regular plastic be alright? I'm going to have it with acid free matting regardless, so it won't be touching the plastic/acrylic.
I would say never go cheap on the UV and high quality plexi.

This is some good advice and I've bought more than a few custom frames from them.
http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com/index.php?p=page&page_id=preservation

Reaction score
Fresh from the Hamilton ComicCon courtesy of my sister and her husband... But is this M.B.E. thing new for Prowse? I don't think I've ever seen this from a Prowse auto...

Reaction score
Fresh from the Hamilton ComicCon courtesy of my sister and her husband... But is this M.B.E. thing new for Prowse? I don't think I've ever seen this from a Prowse auto...

No it's not new, first time I saw him do it was 2 years ago, but when I met him at LFCC back in July he didn't seem to be adding it. Not sure if it depends on the mood he is in or some other reason why he will or won't add it?

Reaction score
No it's not new, first time I saw him do it was 2 years ago, but when I met him at LFCC back in July he didn't seem to be adding it. Not sure if it depends on the mood he is in or some other reason why he will or won't add it?
Usually Prowse will ask if he can add M.B.E. .

Reaction score
Picked this one up from Bill Dee Williams when he was at Ottawa ComicCon in May, Ford has the Cool Water certificate. It was a lot cheaper than what Cool Water has it for on their site.

Reaction score
Wow... so Billy Dee has Coolwaters Ford shots available for purchase at shows? Did he have a lot of them? Was it already signed by him, or did he add the signature when you bought it? I hope he brings some to RICC.

Reaction score
Wow... so Billy Dee has Coolwaters Ford shots available for purchase at shows? Did he have a lot of them? Was it already signed by him, or did he add the signature when you bought it? I hope he brings some to RICC.
He had 3 of them at $500 Canadian. He added his auto in front of me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should pick up a Jason Wingreen card, and pop it in place of the Bulloch card. That way it is even and you have the bodies as well as the voices in one frame.

Reaction score
You should pick up a Jason Wingreen card, and pop it in place of the Bulloch card. That way it is even and you have the bodies as well as the voices in one frame.
I was thinking about it. The Boba Fett card matched JEJ and it was pretty cheap!