Autographs: Limelighting & Display

Reaction score

So do any of you guys display your autos in frames on your walls? I think it would be cool to showcase your framed up signatures! We do this on a home theater site I frequent and it always turns out fun and gives each other new ideas/inspiration. (Also there is no autograph "limelight" forum)

Reaction score
Re: Who displays your autos in your home?

Photos are about a year old so some things have changed, but here's the autograph collection:

Also if you look at my collection link at the bottom there are a few updated photos

Reaction score

thats a nice Tem Morrison signature Rob

you can actually see each letter. mine looks like this T----- M------

Reaction score

Here is some of the framed stuff, I guess I have to get some new pics ....I didn't realize how poor some of these were until just now and a bunch are missing.

Reaction score

Do we ever! No point in collecting them if we can't display them!!!

Our coolest section of the house. This is in the living room:

Hamill, Fisher, Ford, Hayden, Mdiarmid and James Earl Jones. Below that are statues and busts.

On the wall to the right of that:

Samuel L Jackson and a cast of thousands on mostly trading cards.

Closeup of one frame:

And the other. Yep, that's an Alec Guiness sig on a Star Wars CCG card (Old Ben). The Steve Sansweet sigs are on the backs of our Celebration 1 vendor badges.

There's another frame that is all Babylon 5 cast.

Reaction score

Pete, I love the Kastel drawing. I have seen that online elsewhere. Did you get him to do a Jaws too?

Kastel actually did a convention not too long ago...missed him by a week. I really want to add him to my ESB poster as I love that particular artwork.

The plate is great too...you never cease to amaze me my friend!

I am actually in the process of redoing my autograph walls in the Star Wars room. I've picked up some awesome new additions and started my 11x14 project (Ford/Prowse/Mayhew/Ewan/George so far).

I may wait until we get into a new place with more room as ideally I'd like my seven posters displayed together (Eps 1-6 and Clone Wars). I have about 15 pieces framed and my collection of signed McQuarrie figs (Bulloch, Prowse, Wood, Mayhew, Daniels/Baker and hopefully soon McQ himself) up.

Also have the "Sith Rocks" poster framed and signed by Martinez complete with a Yoda sketch on it.

Good thread guys! It's nice to see what others do to get ideas.

We also need a thread called, "What to say when your significant other questions WHY you need all those autographs if they're just going to sit in those Itoya Binders..."

One possible answer, as Mr. Bulloch told Mike at SWW..."you all try to outdo each other don't you?" lol.

Reaction score

I don't have a picture of it, but mine are displayed in a stairwell of my house. Many people have started climbing the stairs and slowly ground to a halt questioning what the hell all the pics are about....

Reaction score

i dont have that much framed yet because i have a bunch of SW art on the walls. once i finish my basement i'll have enough wall space to frame most all of my 100+ autographed photos.

this is whats up at the moment

Reaction score

Beautiful stuff guys!

Mr_Vader, I love those mats you are using with your pictures. Did you have each one custom made? What is the approximate cost per mat? It looks like that adds up real fast. /the Alec G. piece is very nice, similar to what I'd like to do someday.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This is indeed a great idea for a thread. I've changed the title of the thread and stuck it to the top of the forum.

Enjoy!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

This is indeed a great idea for a thread. I've changed the title of the thread and stuck it to the top of the forum.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
Re: Autographs: Limelighting & Display

These are some of my last photos taken before I move to the new house in a couple of months:

Reaction score

These all look great. I am interested in doing something like this. Whats the price range I am looking for the good mats/frames/glass for 8x10s and such. Thanks in advance for helping.

Reaction score

Holla300 said:
These all look great. I am interested in doing something like this. Whats the price range I am looking for the good mats/frames/glass for 8x10s and such. Thanks in advance for helping.
i pay around $45 at my local Hobby Lobby

black metal frame, single mat, and UV glass

Reaction score

Ok seeing some of the cool room shots, and knowing I had other crap to take pics of ....I wasted some time tonight after work... here we go:

Reaction score

Cool stuff Pete. It's interesting seeing what you choose to display knowing how much stuff you actually have signed.

Reaction score

Pete-

Very cool! I absolutely love the McQuarrie Raiders Bible piece. May I ask where you got that lovely work?

Reaction score

A big factor in deciding what to frame boils down to simple storage. 8x10's fit nicely in a binder, the 11x14, 16x20 and posters it's not that easy. Framing them is the best way to see them regularly. Then there is the factor of if a piece would look better framed like the SW party plates, or a poster that needs to be flattened out to look right.
... and there is always the situation where something is just so cool or rare that you just can't hide it away like the McQ sketch or the Robert Eddison playbill.

As for the McQ Ark piece it was made available through Ralph's retail guys at the First SW Celebration and online until it sold out about a decade ago. They kind of guaranteed that no other signed editions would be made available but unsigned editions were available in limited quantity up until a year or so ago on his website. I haven't looked since.
At that time they pretty much made it clear to me that he wouldn't sign anymore.
Hope that helps.

Reaction score

I don't have any up at the moment as I have recently moved house and it is still being refurbished.

This is what I had up at my old house though and more than likely most of them will be going up in my new study once its finished (along with my OP ford which I haven't had framed yet and a few others), sorry for the bad photography and glares:

Reaction score

jedibendu71 said:
at the First SW Celebration and online until it sold out about a decade ago..
That just made me feel old....CI a decade ago?!?!

Reaction score

Hello Everyone. I went to get my poster custom framed today. Its 30x40 I think they said and its cost 130 dollars. Was that a good deal or what? Thats with the UV glass and everything.

Reaction score

That's actually a very good deal. Almost hard to believe it is UV with the price being that low. Is that with a mat too?

Reaction score

GenoRules said:
That's actually a very good deal. Almost hard to believe it is UV with the price being that low. Is that with a mat too?
That is NOT including a mat.

Reaction score

Easiest way to get an idea is to call a few more places and compare. When I inquired about having a poster framed when I lived in Boston it was over $300

Reaction score

I see. Yeah the normal price on here was 330 dollars. Expensive it is.

Reaction score

i figured it was okay post this here since its kind of autograph related

ive had my MR Darth Vader SE helmet (signed by Hayden) for over a year now and finally just got an acrylic case for it. feels great to finally be able to display it properly

i took a few new pics of my upstairs SW room wich includes a MR Boba Fett SE blaster (signed by Jeremy)

Reaction score

Just got the poster done. Hope to have it on the wall tomorrow so I'll take a photo on the wall.

Reaction score

DarthPotts1975 said:
i figured it was okay post this here since its kind of autograph related

ive had my MR Darth Vader SE helmet (signed by Hayden) for over a year now and finally just got an acrylic case for it. feels great to finally be able to display it properly

i took a few new pics of my upstairs SW room wich includes a MR Boba Fett SE blaster (signed by Jeremy)
[

::weeps softly::

It's....it's BEAUTIFUL...

Reaction score

Not the best photo in the world, but this is my attempt at a multi signed photo. Been a work in progress since about 97 I think.

Finally been able to get it up on the wall, as we have recently moved, before it was under the spare bed (What a waste) 19 people have signed.

Reaction score

Stu_H said:
Not the best photo in the world, but this is my attempt at a multi signed photo. Been a work in progress since about 97 I think.

Finally been able to get it up on the wall, as we have recently moved, before it was under the spare bed (What a waste) 19 people have signed.
Thats a very awesome signed poster. I am also new to them but love them. Could you list the name of the signers for us? Congrats on a wonderful pick up!

Reaction score

Signed by the following
Kenny Baker(R2), Anthony Daniels(3-P0), Billy Dee Williams(Lando), Mark Hamil(Luke), Paul Blake(Greedo), Alan Harris(Bossk), Gerald Hume(Tessek), Dave Prowse(Vader), Mike Edmonds(Logrey), Jeremy Bullock(Fett),Peter Mayhew(Chewie), Caroline Blakiston(Mon Mothma),Richard LeParmentier(Motti), Ian Liston(Wes), Barrie Holland(Lt Renz), Warick Davis(Wicket),Micheal Curver(Captain Needa), Angus McInnes(Gold Leader), Garrick Hagon (Biggs)

As I say been collecting on this poster since around 97. All of them have been in person signings by me, so I know where each and every one came from. Some slight damage to the poster on the edges, but its been a few miles, so can't complain.

Reaction score

Wow these look amazing guys!
I have been bitten by the Autobug! I know for a fact that there is a thread on here thats talks about how best to go about sending someone a photo or trading card but I cant seem to find it. I am assuming send them what you want signed, postage money, letter and pen maybe??? Also, do you use a standard letter for all your signings or do you customize each one to the signer?

I am sorry to bring this up here and derail the topic.

Thanks! Jason

Reaction score

K9 just picked this up from the framer and was willing to share it here on the boards so with his blessings ..... heeeeeeere's Joker