Austin TX Finds pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s EXPO this weekend

Went on a lunch trip to Target, Toys R Us, and Wally on I-35 and Parmer.

Toys R Us had one Obi-Wan Jedi Fighter I left it there. They also had 1 mega-buy pack with 2 Bail Organa's. Now that is a good buy!!!

Target had the crispy Anakin Wave with at least 4 sets.

Wally had nothing

Reaction score

I went to the Traget up in Georgetown on lunch (and was very late getting back due to the rain
)... any how they had the next assortment out of figures 51-53 about 4 sets when I left (Capt Antilles, Zett Jukassa, and Utapauan Warrior).

There were also AT-TE drivers I assume that were packed in with the new figures. Also thay had 1 clone 3pk all white (still there) and a vulture droid green eye varriant.

Reaction score

Is the Austins Collector Expo any good? has anyone gone before? what is it like?

Reaction score

Killeen KB's had shock troopers and green commanders, along with the Obi Pilot wave....

Reaction score

yea i have the same question too
is it worth going to?
what kind of stuff do they have?

Reaction score

I rate it anywhere from an OK to a Very Good depending on what dealers are there.

Some good availability can be found on loose vintage figs and ships, some vintage MOC's, and a good selection of 1995- on figures and ships.

For $3 you can stamp a card good for both days, and if you go Sunday afternoon its possible to get a good deal as the dealers are looking for some last minute revenue.

I have found several vintage loose figures, including a yakface and a han carbonite.

I found most of my EU figures there, as well as some of the rarest OTC figures like the Jawas.

I am hoping to find some of the Post-OTC figures there, as well as some vintage parts to help me with a customizing project I have. I have always found something I was looking for there- and unlike eBay there are no shipping charges and you have the product in-hand to inspect.

They will have boxes of POTF2 MOC figures there at anywhere from $3-5 each for those of you that need some of those or are building an army.

Happy hunting!

Tony

Reaction score

do you think they will have aotc stuff there?
also contact me so we can meetup there thx

Reaction score
wave 51-53

Went looking clone variations this morning found nothing...however 4 points Target had 51 through 53 and a couple of AT-TE clones.

Also they had 1 all white clone 3pk and 1 clone 3pk with the red/brown clone. (Left them there for others)

Target at Lakeline had 5-6 3pk all white clones and nothing else.

620 Walmart had nothing...the figure endcap was gone as well

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Expo

I give the Expo a thumbs up this time. The new location has alot more space, is less garishly lit, and has better AC.

The admission is $4. They had POTF2, Ep 1, AOTC and ROTS figs there. I almost got a Blue-Saber Palpatine but I'm checking prices- it ws $20. Of course all the ROTS figs were above retail, but some VOTC's were $6, the Darth Vader and R2 wre $10, and they had some Stormtroopers and Boba Fetts but they were $20 which is high.

I almost got a 1997 AT-AT loose with with a C-8 box for $65; it was missing only one side gun missile and the two figures but it was in great condition.

I saw #38's, blue and red guards, Tarkin, Bacara, Antillies wave available, as well as the Holo Leia, EB kits, Lava Vaders and Target Clones.

A MOC yellow bubble ROTJ Royal Guard was there for $50, and also the same dealer had a vintage Yak Face for $220 and a vintage EB set of figs with a DT(???) Luke for $250, I think the saber may have been a repo but I'm not an expert.

I almost got the 1995 pre-POTF2 collector's 4-pack with the recasts of Luke, Han, Vader and Chewbacca for $50 I may get that tomorrow if it is still there.

The show runs until 5 today and 10-4 on Sunday.

Reaction score

sweetdaddyt512 said:
I almost got the 1995 pre-POTF2 collector's 4-pack with the recasts of Luke, Han, Vader and Chewbacca for $50 I may get that tomorrow if it is still there.
Hey Tony, is this the one that was a TRU exclusive, in an orange/red POTF2 box? The figures are 1995 casts of the vintage molds, right? If so, I've seen it for much cheaper than $50 on eBay. Search for "classic 4" and you should find some. That's one of the things near the top of my rebuild-my-collection list, so I've been shopping around for it. Just FYI.

Reaction score

besides star wars figures do they have gijoe figures there?
that would save me time

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Expo 4 pack

Alot less? Thanks for the info- thats why I only bought 4 loose POTF2 Rebel Commandos there today for $10.00.

They were complete and will add to my Rebel platoon.

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Expo GI Joe figures

Yes- GI Joe figs old and new large and small are there.

Happy Hunting.

The address for the expo is approx. 10300 N. Lamar this is not exact but it is across from the Chuy's up there.

It runs from 10-4 on Sunday.

Tony

Reaction score

sweet
ill definitly go tomorrow
and give you a call to meet up

Reaction score

I went down there yesterday, you can read about it HERE

Reaction score

i had a overall ok experience there
the prices of the stuff there were expensive

but man one of the girl sellers there was a bi@tch
she was very rude to me

Los

Reaction score

I was there today (hispanic guy w/ the Thundercats t-shirt wandering around). The only deal I saw was a VOTC R2 for $10....everything was a bit expensive (esp. the ROTS figs). I am sure I could have talked some prices down, but I never tried for SW stuff.

I did end up talking a guy down from 75 to 60 for a minty MISB 20th Prime! Luv my Transformers.

Reaction score

racer223 said:
i had a overall ok experience there
the prices of the stuff there were expensive

but man one of the girl sellers there was a bi@tch
she was very rude to me
We're you rude to her first?

Reaction score

no! which is what annoyed me the most
i asked her the price of something and she told me and of course it was overpriced(like scapler prices) which i am assuming she is now and i asked politly if she could lower the price and thats when she went all *****y on me and she started to have this elitist attitude towards me like she was superior to me or something
so i just left
not worth my time and i got what i wanted at a different table for alot cheaper

Reaction score

Ah... was she along the back wall with a smallish set-up? I think I might remember her.

Reaction score

no, this girl was in the middle
and she had this blond guy with glasses helping her
her table had alot of star wars figures on it
the particular item she was biatching at me about was a target exclusive clone
she had the target clone priced at 20.00
she has to be a scalper
originally in stores it was only 12.99 plus tax
she jacked up the price a whole lot

Reaction score

Hmmm... didn't see her, but $20 isn't that bad for a Target Clone you can't really find on the shelves anymore. Think about it this way... if you had a friend in California who wanted one and you knew a Target where you could snag one for him, you'd probably charge him cost + shipping to get to it him. $12.99 plus tax gets you to about $14... then shipping... at least USPS Priority to Cali would probably run about $5-$6. So, in all, your friend paid $20 for a Target Clone.

I saw other tables at that show that had the Clone at $30. That's makes her $20 look like a bargin!

MC

Reaction score

yea i guess so
but we were at a show and she had the thing right in front of me so no shipping involved
so she should have lowered the price that is raising the price too much for something i have right in front of me
and another example is the holographic leia she was charging 25 for that!
its like come on
rip off!
you can get it from the star wars awebsite for cheaper

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Expo from a certain piont of view.

You have to keep in mind that while the prices are high to us, we are not the norm. We research items, network to hunt down figures and bargains, and stay abreast of what is coming out, where, when and for how much. Each of those tables cost from $70-80 to rent for the show and the dealers had to spend the weekend with there wares to try and sell them.

I only bought five loose figures there and could have walked away from them, but for a total of $15 I came away with a vintage IG-88 and four modern POTF2 Endor Rebel Soldiers complete with all weapons and accessories.

I felt that some of the prices there were high but I also did not try to bargain with the dealers nor did I settle and pay the inflated prices. It is our choice, we weren't forced to buy items we did not want, and the dealers didn't roll over for us and sell a Target Clone Trooper at cost.

RS forums are great for maximizing our dollar and time to pursue our collection. Every dealer and visitor I talked with at the expo heard about these forums from me, I handed out my business card to a collector from Killeen and told him to check for restocks this week at Targets, and I got some great leads to help some RS members complete their collections ( Jedi Jimmie, I'll contact you! ).

That said, keep plugging away at these threads so we can find what we want and not have to resort to an expo to fill the bulk of our collections- as I did for a LONG time before I was directed here.

OK, I'm off the soapbox now, HAS ANYONE SEEN ANYTHING NEW WITH THE NEW MONTH?

The South Austin WM's haven't been restocked- I never saw those 500th Vaders hit the shelf at the Slaughter Lane WM.

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s Expo from a certain piont of view.

There were 6-7 500th Vaders at the Target on Mopac down by you. Otherwise nothng new down that end.

Reaction score

racer223 said:
yea i guess so
but we were at a show and she had the thing right in front of me so no shipping involved
so she should have lowered the price that is raising the price too much for something i have right in front of me
and another example is the holographic leia she was charging 25 for that!
its like come on
rip off!
you can get it from the star wars awebsite for cheaper

.....well, there is this little thing in economics called the "middle man". If she bought the clone for $12.99 and sold it for $12.99, what profit is she making? The same goes for the Holo Leia and likewise. Sure, you can get it from starwarsshop.com for cheaper, but you're buying directly from the distributer. You can't expect her to sell items at retail price or $1-2 more, as there would be nothing in it for her seeing as she is paying for her table space and her own time in working the table. $20 is a damn good price for a Target Clone now - you probably won't find 'scummers on these boards selling for less.

Reaction score

I'm with DP on this. I don't think $20 was bad at all. You may be over-reacted a bit, racer. Besides, depending on when you stopped by, she could have already been upset because hardly anyone went to the show.

Reaction score

yea you maybe right
but that doesnt excuse her attitude
that doenst give her the right to be an *** just because she already was upset because hardly anyone went to the show
probably her own fault too
alot of the stuff in there at least imo were scalper prices
and she was contributing to it
if she wanted ppl to buy her stuff she shoould have been willing to lower prices or at least talk the show organizers to lower costs for atendees so that the ppl will be more willing to come
i for one would have come for sure had it been free and prices of the stuff was alot cheaper
i guess im just cheap hehe

Reaction score

I just came from Lakeline Target, and it has plenty of the Antilles wave....nothing else new though. RR Target had nothing either. At least both of those have done their resets.

Not Austin related, but i figured i'd share what i found this weekend. I was in Houston, and had to go up I-45 to East Texas before i headed back here, and i hit a number of Walmarts and Targets on 45 Sunday. Hit the motherload at the Woodlands Walmart, where I found Shock Troopers, Green Commanders, AT-RT Drivers, and Pilot Obi-Wans. Then I found the Antilles wave and a Deluxe Jetpack Clone at the Conroe Target. Needless to say, i was pretty stoked after those finds. The only things I need now are the Mustafar Sentry and an Unleashed Vader, and I'm totally caught up. So anyways, keep your eyes peeled at Walmart, hopefully that Shock Trooper wave will keep hitting here.

Reaction score
Re: Latest report from A-Town

Found the 500th DV's available at the S. Mopac Target and they finally broke out those 500th DV's I saw "held" at the IH-35/Ben White WM. They had 5 Evolutions Anakin version all in great box condition there as well.

The Evolutions packs were at the 290/71 WM but nothing else there.

The Ohlen Rd/183 Target had a Clone 3-Pack rust-colored variant.

The Lakeline Wal-Mart had green clone commanders, #41 SA clones and Obi-Wan Pilots.

The Georgetown Target had only Capt. Antillies and the Utapaun Warrior of that wave left on the hooks.

TRU's had nothing new that I saw North or South.

I found a #2 Anakin at a South Austin Albertsons- keep an eye out at HEB's too- you never know.

I was suprised to find a lone VOTC Stormtrooper kicking it with the ROTS figures at the South Lamar Target. In addition, I discovered when checking over my receipt at home that it had mysteriously scanned at $2.61. That made me laugh!

Happy Hunting!

Santos

Los

Reaction score

Was at the Walmart 290/Mopac this afternoon.

SA Clones, QD Clones, Comm. Bacara, Obi Pilot, Darth Vader, R2 w/sound, AT Drivers, & Anakin Evolution Sets are in-stock.

Reaction score

Lakeline Walmart has 4 cases of the following still on the pallets:

2 AT-RT Drivers, 2 Mustafar Sentrys, 2 Pilot Obi's, Bacara, SA Clone, R2, Crispy Anakin, and either 2 Vaders or a Vader and Emperor.

No Shock Trooper wave though. Got me a Sentry and I'm now complete on the basic figs....

Reaction score

The Lakeline Wal-Mart received about 6 more cases of the Obi-Wan Pilot wave tonight. So did the Cedar Park Wal-Mart.

I noticed tha the Obi-Wan Pilot wave come in 2 different mixes. One ends with a B and the othe a J.

I think the clone repaints comes in a case tha ends in F

Reaction score
More Obi Pilot Wave

RR Walmart seems to have received a shipment of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot wave as well. In addition, you'll find the AT-RT Driver (correct version) and the Mustafar Sentry. No Shocktroopers, Green Clone Commanders, or Clone Pilot (Black Variant) to be found.

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score
Re: More Obi Pilot Wave

A little off-subject, but if anyone collects Justice League, the new single-packs are hitting, incl. Gold Amazo & Starman - saw 'em at Killeen Target today!

Reaction score
Re: More Obi Pilot Wave

The WM at IH35/Slaughter has the Antillies wave and a couple of Obi pilots. I left all except a lone Tank Gunner #38 on a C-8.5 card. The WM at IH35/Ben White is about to move its SW figs into an interior of the toy section- maybe they'll bust open a couple new cases as well when that happens.

Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.