Austin TX Finds pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: clearence eb kits

There are 6 EB sets at the Wal-Mart at IH35 frontage at Ben White.
I don't think they are discounted.

HELP!!! Can anyone steer me toward any store clogged with figures- I realized that I have focused so much on the less popular figs that the common ones are now HTF. I mean the ones like 1-32 but I actually have almost a third of these.

I'm going out hunting for some tonight wish me luck!

OK, its about 4am and I am back from my Grand Lap of Wal-marts starting with the location at 290/71 and proceeding to Lakeline, Round Rock, Tech Ridge, and finishing at IH35/183.

Out of the 25 figures I needd to complete my ROTS line thru #50, I got 20 in great condition- some of the older figs are starting to show wear from hanging and being flipped through for several weeks.

I think my debit card needs a couple of days off!

I had hit the Slaughter Lane and 35/Ben White WM's earlier in the day so I am not current on what they have, but they opened after the first wave came out.

The LL store had the most figures including the Bacara wave #48-50.

The 35/183 store had some Sneak Preview Wookies and Tions, as well as an ARC-170 Fighter and several DV cases with the two figures. In addition they had the most older ROTS figs including #1 Kenobi, Grevious Bodyguard, and Super Battle Droid.

I hit the South Austin Targets, TRU, and Kohl's this AM and got two more figs and a Boba Fett w/cup.

I would like to trade for any or all of the following MOC figures in great card condition:

#02 Luke Skywalker
#03 Yoda
#13 Count Dooku

I am posting to trade here I don't know if they will move this to the Modern Trading Index- pm me if you have anything to trade. I have the following to trade:

#21 Shaak Ti
#33 Clone Commander
#34 Clone Pilot
#48 R2-D2 w/sounds
#49 Commander Bacara
#50 Anakin Mustafar

I may have other figures available pm me to check please!

Reaction score

wow even from the lakeline walmart?
those had like 30+ eb kits
and they were just sitting there for a long time
i was waiting for them to go on clearence
but they never did

Reaction score

Yeah, the LL 'Mart's EB kits just kinda disappeared one day and were replaced with lightsabers. I'm wondering if they sent them back to Hasbro or something. (But, really, the EB kits were a total rip off.)

Speaking of lightsabers, my GF wants an electronic Mace saber from the ROTS line. We stupidly passed on them earlier, thinking they'd be plentiful. But now, it seems that the Mace saber isn't being shipped anymore. Have any of you come across one lately? When LL 'Mart restocked the sabers, I was sure I'd be able to find one, but all they have is Obi, Yoda, Darth, and Anakin.

Reaction score
Re: Mace Saber

sweetdaddyt512
when your doing your rounds can you help me looks for any walmarts that potnetially might discount the price of the eb kits?
i would like to buy one but not for full retial price i dont think its worth that much
thx in advancce

Reaction score
Re: eb kit

I'll keep a lookout.

Still looking for my vintage AT-ATs in storage!

Santos

OK I HAVE AN UPDATE.

All Wal-Marts in the Cen-Tex area have returned their remaining EB kits for credit.

This was confirmed for me by Elos, a WM employee attached to the Toy Dept. for WM New Braunfels.

I had planned on returning down to NB and buying ALL of their EB kits for those of us that wanted one.

Crummy news.

Santos

Reaction score

Oh well at least you guys got em. Not one friggin Wal Mart up here got them in!!! Not that I would buy em, 30 bucks for 4 figures, some rehashes doens't sound like a bargain to me!!

So are you guys dry too, nothing new has come in for at least a month, since I was able to snag a baccara!!!!

Reaction score

Bone dry.

I went on a toy run Saturday, and the only thing i found that i hadn't seen before was the Wookiee Flyer.

Targets are frickin empty around here.

Reaction score

Lady_Jaye said:
Not that I would buy em, 30 bucks for 4 figures, some rehashes doens't sound like a bargain to me!!
Heh...in our defence, Hasbro didn't release the images of the EB figures until after Midnight Madness. Nor did we have any idea that there would be so many left over, so it was a bit of a gamble. (And a loss, from my perspective.)

But I haven't seen much new since the Bacara stuff really hit. I am surprised that ole Tarkin and the Senators aren't the one's clogging the pegs, though. I'm a little nervous about Tarkin, but I'm thinking that he'll be plentiful enough in time...

Los

Reaction score

I saw an eb kit today at Walmart 290/Mopac. It is in one of the Seasonal Aisles across from the bike section. If you are surronded by Batman Begins toys you found it. Check towards the end of the aisle for the ROTS stuff. On the bottom shelf there is a eb kit and an ARC-170. The eb kit rang up as 24.97 when I scanned it.

Reaction score

At the WM at IH35/Slaughter they have chopped their ROTS section to almost nothing sad to see.

There was one Unleashed General Grevious there-possibly a return because the item was in about C-8 condition.

I stashed it in case someone wants it on the same aisle about 20 feet farther down on the same side, bottom shelf, behind some Yu-Gi-Oh toys.

Reaction score

went to t he walmart on 620
nothign there bought only a r2 no commander bacara which is what i wanted
i recently havent seen any clones either of any kind
just the regular peg warmers

Reaction score

the Walmart in Copperas Cove (about an hour north of Austin) had the EB kit clearanced to $10 a couple weeks back, but only for a week and then they pulled them all off of the shelves. I picked up one but when I went back for another they were gone.

Reaction score

The Super Wal-Mart at Ben White had soem EB kits out with their ROTS display, but they scanned at $24.97 yesterday. Just wanted to pass the word along.

The TRU at Lakeline got in some Special Value 2 packs of the ROTS figs. By the time I got there someone had already sperated a couple of them - not sure what the figure was they pulled out.

I am still looking for a 500th Vader if anyone sees one.

Reaction score

...the new Super Target in Georgetown has EVERYTHING - Antilles wave, Tarkin wave, wookie chopper, new unleashed, Evolutions, Battle Packs - EVERYTHING. Might be worth the drive north for some...

Reaction score
Re: New stuff

Thanks for the heads-up, Plageueis!

I got there around 6:15, and the Antilles wave was long gone...but i managed to score the last Evolutions(Anakin) set, as well as the Tarkin wave, the Boba Fett cup, and one of the Jedi/Sith Battle Packs.

There were still 3 Battle Packs left, as well as at least 3-4 each of the Tarkin wave. Other things of interest were some BARC speeders and Wookiee Flyers, all of the latest Deluxe except for the Jet Pack Clone(Vader oper. table, Stass Allie, Crab Droid, Spider Droid, Yoda, and 4 Clone 3-packs(all were all white). They also had alot of the scarcer early ROTS figs....plenty of Vaders, Chewbaccas, Yodas, Anakins, #6 Clones(all white), Clone Commanders(all were red), Polis Massan, Chopper Droid, #7 R2, etc...

I also saw one of those Ultimate Lightsaber building sets...pretty cool for kids.

Well, that's it, good luck to everyone else....hopefully this means the other Targets around here will start restocking soon with some of this new stuff...especially the Evolutions sets.

Reaction score

I heard mention that there were 2 new Target's up in the Austin area. One in G-Town - where's the other? The wife and I will be up in Austin tomorrow and I'm hoping I'll get lucky and score something new.

Reaction score

You got me....I didn't even know there was one opening in Georgetown until today.

I would assume it would be somewhere down south, though i haven't seen anything. Good luck tomorrow.

Reaction score

Thanks, SS. I checked Target.com and I know where all the Target's are in the Austin area, but it doesn't say anything about which ones are new. Have any of the other stores reset their toy sections, or is it just the new Target's?

One more thing, SS... the Tarkin wave that you saw at the G-Town Target - were the Meena Tills the tan or pink face version?

Reaction score

Well, I'm slightly color-blind, but i'm pretty sure he's tan.
I totally forgot about the 2 colors, so i didn't look that hard at the others...

I also forgot to mention that the Unleashed were totally gone....big surprise...

I just looked at the Target map, and i see that the other new store is the one out at Four Points near the lake....i had forgotten about that one being built. As of last Saturday, none of the other Targets or Walmarts had reset anything....not much product out there either. Maybe some will restock and you'll get lucky...

Reaction score

I'm sure there is not much interest in these but I went to the Toys on 620/183 and purchased a few of the Mega Buy 2 packs.

The AT-TE figure was part of the Bail Organa set that someone broke apart. So if anyone has not found the AT-TE figure here is a way to buy it (that is if the same sneaky #@$% doesn't pull the same move and break the set again).

Good to here that the Evolution Sets and Battle Packs are showing up

Reaction score

stormshadow said:
Well, I'm slightly color-blind, but i'm pretty sure he's tan.
I totally forgot about the 2 colors, so i didn't look that hard at the others...

I also forgot to mention that the Unleashed were totally gone....big surprise...

I just looked at the Target map, and i see that the other new store is the one out at Four Points near the lake....i had forgotten about that one being built. As of last Saturday, none of the other Targets or Walmarts had reset anything....not much product out there either. Maybe some will restock and you'll get lucky...
Cool, thanks for the info. I checked the Target map again and I see the Four Points store you mentioned. I'll try to hit that one and the one in G-Town and see what I can find.

Thanks again!

Reaction score

Well, I'm back from my trip to Austin. Aside from traffic on I-35 south (out-of-control!) and the fact I didn't score anything except empty boxes, it was pretty nice.
I got to the Georgetown Target around 9:30 or so, as they were stocking toys. They put out a case of Jedi vs Sith Battle Packs which I left (not worth $25 IMO), a case of Anakin Evolutions packs (all were non-mint, though the shipping case was in good shape
), and there were four 500th Vader's sitting on the shelf. They had nothing new for basic figures other than a few Ask Aak's and some of the figure from 1-32 that had been getting HTF (Vader, Chewie, R2, etc.)

I went to the Four Points Target after that and they had nearly the exact same thing, except for the 500th Vader's. There was only 1 Anakin Evolutions pack (non-mint), and 2 sets of the Tarkin wave.

Reaction score
green clone commander and red shock trooper clone

has anyone seen the green clone commander and red shock trooper clone in ausaatin yet?
havent found them yet myself

Reaction score
500th Vader at Lakeline Wal-Mart NOW

I just returned from the Lakeline Wal-Mart about 3 minutes ago, and they had one sealed and one open case of 500th Vader. When I found it, the open case had two left in it (I took one), and there was a sealed case beneath it on the pallet. I'm not sure where they'll put these, but they are there for now. Only other thing I saw was a sealed electronic lightsaber case. No Mace saber...

Reaction score
Re: 500th Vader at Lakeline Wal-Mart NOW

I went this morning to the Lakeline Wal-Mart and there were 4 500 Vaders left. They are in the isle where the bikes are.

Reaction score
Green Commander, Pilot Obi-Wan and AT-RT

Hit the Cedar Park Wal-Mart (not the 620 one, the one further up 183 in Cedar Park proper) at about 6:45 this morning on my way to work. Found one each of the Green Clone Commander, pilot Obi-Wan (awesome figure), and the AT-RT driver. the rest of the case was already gone. I was there last night getting groceries and these weren't out, so they must have been stocked and bought overnight. Looks like they are starting to hit.

Checked the Ben White store at lunch - no sign of anything new there.

Reaction score
Re: Green Commander, Pilot Obi-Wan and AT-RT

Sweet, glad to hear they're starting to hit....though i feel it'll be a nightmare trying to find Shock Troopers...

Reaction score

Lazarus said:
Hit the Cedar Park Wal-Mart (not the 620 one, the one further up 183 in Cedar Park proper) at about 6:45 this morning on my way to work. Found one each of the Green Clone Commander, pilot Obi-Wan (awesome figure), and the AT-RT driver. the rest of the case was already gone. I was there last night getting groceries and these weren't out, so they must have been stocked and bought overnight. Looks like they are starting to hit.

Checked the Ben White store at lunch - no sign of anything new there.
Hey, I'm from Dallas, and I found, along with another collector the same three figures. It must be an odd case assortment. It seemed strange to me a collector would take a Mustafarian Sentry and leave a Green Commander.

Reaction score

Hit the Georgetown and RR Targets and Walmarts this evening....nothing of real interest except the Georgetown Walmart had some 500th Vaders. RR Target still hasn't reset...

Reaction score

I went on the lunch rounds today I was down south at the target near lamar/290 and the target and wally world by mopac and there was nothing to be found

I stopped at the wally world on Ben White and found a clone trooper deluxe pack with 2 white Clones, 1 brown Clone (standing) It was in a cart with boxes fo the M&M figures It was in ok shap (looked like it had been stashed under the aisle deck plates the bubble was a little crushed and dusty)

Also I asked a target employee (at the mopac location)resetting the toy aisles about the star wars reset. He said they will probably do it sometime next week. He said they have new stock in back waiting to be put out.

Reaction score

Stroke of luck...

Decided to run by the Lakeline Walmart after work not really expecting anything, and found one lone Green Commander hanging there....absolutely no sign of any other figs from that wave either. Weird, but i'll take it.
Now i just need to find a Shock Trooper or two...

BTW, the LL Target hasn't reset yet either...

Reaction score
Collector\'s EXPO this weekend

This time it really is this weekend!

If anyone is going pm me maybe we can meet there and compare notes or trade either new or vintage items.

WM on Ben White IH35 had 2 cases of the 500th Vader that the stocker told me was being returned to stoarge- that it wasn't being put out yet.

Store policy? Or is this WM emp a scalper or accomplice?

I'm not jumping to hasty conclusions here it just sounded funny the way he said it to me. I was very polite and one case was cut open, so it seemed a strange situation...

Alot of #11 Darth Vaders out at the Target at William Cannon/IH35. Leftovers of a new wave? Hmmmmm.

Reaction score
Re: Collector\'s EXPO this weekend

Sounds suspicious to me....almost sounds like another employee had taken them out to stock and the guy didn't know it...then went to "return them to storage"....

Never heard of a store policy like that....

Reaction score

I was hoping to go tot the collector's show this weekend. Where is it located on N. Lamar? Does anyone else want to meet up?

Reaction score

ill be going to it to check out what there is

Reaction score

Looks like the Target in Capital Plaza has rest the aisles but the only thing new that they had was the 500 vader there six if anybody still needs one

Reaction score

They also had some Anakin Evolution sets. Two still left when I was there at lunch. Nothing new at the Highland KB.

Status
Not open for further replies.