Austin TX Finds pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: 41-44 IN AUSTIN

stormshadow said:
Nothing new to report here either...

Went by the Cedar Park Walmart, Lakeline Target, and Lakeline Walmart, and found absolutely nothing new. Well, Target did have a couple of the Yoda and Han Solo figure/cups...but no Boba Fett (big surprise).

Oh, but I did hit the motherload jackpot of Neimodian Warriors!! At all 3 stores too! I thought I'd never find them!
Are you kidding stormshadow? They are everywhere here as well. At least in South Austin.

Reaction score

I did find a Boba Fett cup at the target at Mopac and 71. Picked it up but there was only one. Plenty of Yodas and Han Solos.

ltvx

Reaction score
COLLECTOR\'S EXPO THIS SATURDAY

I forgot that there is a collector's expo this Sat. and Sun. at the Crockett Center at 290 and IH-35 on the 290 frontage about 1 block east of IH-35.

I know sometimes the items there are scalper-priced but you can find some good deals there especially from the Austin-based dealers. And vs. eBay, you have the product right in front of you cash-and-carry.

If anyone wants to meet up there early Sat. AM pm me. We can compare notes on what we see there. In addition, If you are looking to trade I have some extra newer items as well.

Reaction score
Re: COLLECTOR\'S EXPO THIS SATURDAY

Went to Lakeline and Cedar Park Wal-Marts and they had 10 cases each of the crispy Anakin wave on the palets. Also, they has M-Pire wave two on the palets but would not let me purchase. Said that the M-pire would be in the back until Friday July 8th. They will be $6.88 each with two per package. series two had Boba Fett and Darth Maul but no Vader or Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Wal-Mart at 620 restocked

I went by this AM on my way to work. No new deluxe sets, but plenty of KFC Anakin and Commander Bacara. Also tons of spinning attack Yoda and the new R2-D2 with the cut-outs on the bubble.

Reaction score

Just to let you know I believe the Crocket Center has moved to Lamar Blvd I think. I could not find evidence while searching Google.

All I do know is that Virginia College has taken over the whole location on 290E so the Crocket Center is no longer there. I just finished school there and know first hand.

Reaction score

sweetdaddyt512 said:
Are you kidding stormshadow? They are everywhere here as well. At least in South Austin.
Man, I guess I'd better start looking in South Austin more often then....

Of course I'm kidding! I'm sick of seeing those guys...

Man, a day late at those Walmarts....i guess i've gotta get back over there when i get off work. Were there lots of each figure? (like over 10+ each?) Just curious.

Reaction score

You are absolutely right!

The collector's expo has moved to a location on Lamar AND it will not be until July 30-31.

OOPS! My bad! Good, I need to pay rent anyway!

Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart at 620 restocked

Man, I'll run by after work; I hope some are still there. Hopefully Bacara won't be hard to find. (Though I'll have to see Artoo before deciding...I have so many Artoos.)

Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart at 620 restocked

The R2 is not that exciting. I picked one up for a friend who collects MIP. For myself, the next, and probably last, R2 I am going to get is the Hyperspace remote controlled one. The idea of a mini remotee controlled R2 just slays me.

They semed to have a lot of Bacara and KFC Anakin's - 8-10 of each. I already have the Bacara so I left them all. If anyone needs one let me know and I can try to swing by on my way home.

Reaction score

Jonathan71 said:
All I do know is that Virginia College has taken over the whole location on 290E so the Crocket Center is no longer there. I just finished school there and know first hand.
Really??? Wow how things change!!! I still remember one of the best stores in the world to find toys at, Best Products!!!
Good times! long gone!!!!

Reaction score

Yeah the collage (or vocational school really) has taken over the whole building.

I know what you mean not that the K-Marts were the best place to buy stuff but when those closed I was mad. But at least they have built more Wal-Marts and Targets with nothing in stock for us all to search

Reaction score

Things happen to my city since I've been away!!! How's the traffic over at Ben White??? Better since the new overpasses were open??

Reaction score

Only 1/2 open, still not open to 71 east. Traffic is better there, but still a mess downtown.

BTW, I picked up the last Commander Bacara at the North 620 Walmart. There were still many Anakin Mustafar and R2s.

Reaction score

Damn...lucky for you I have to work really late, or I'd have beat you to it! Oh, well, I'm sure there will be more available soon enough.

Reaction score

It has a little but I don't get down south to much anymore....I miss living down there. Plus I think the stores down on that end get a better stock of figures

Reaction score

Letovx, you must have been there right after me....I took my little brother-in-law around 8, and we each got one...which i thought were the last 2...glad you were able to snag one.

I still have yet to see the Tarkin wave anywhere.

Reaction score

Yeah, it's strange, I was seeing the senators from the Tarkin wave pretty frequently for a while (but not Tarkin himself), but now that I think about it, I haven't seen much of them since...

Reaction score

I was there about 8:15. I looked pretty hard for one extra one, but could only find one. Opened him up when I got home, pretty sweet figure, but he's hard to stand up. The knees dont articulate.

BTW, does anyone have a MOMC OTC Pablo Jill and Queen Amidala Theed Celebration. These are the last two I need to finish my OTC collection.

ltvx

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart on I35 in Round Rock has the M-Pire wave 2 figures on the pegs as of 3:00. There are about 3-4 sets of all four there only bad thing is all the cards are beat up. Nothing else there or a the Target in Round Rock

Reaction score
Lakeline Wal-Mart

Nothing new at the Lakeline Wal-Mart. Saw one of the new Artoos there, but I passed since I already bought that Artoo as part of the AOTC collection...and at least that one came with little wormy things.

You'd think they'd at least change the light to a different color...

Reaction score
Re: Lakeline Wal-Mart

If anyone needs the Bacara wave, Lakeline Walmart has at least 20-30 each of that wave, if not way more. They stocked a full new endcap with these things...I was shocked.

Reaction score
Walmart Find

The Walmart off of 183 and I-35 near highland mall has the new wave of Force Battlers (Clone Trooper, Chewy, and Mace). Also had a bunch of the MPire M&M figs (all three types).

ltvx

Reaction score
Re: Where did the Early Bird Packs go???

I went to the Wal-Mart at 290/71 to get an EB kit but they were all gone.

Does anyone know if they still have them somewhere in Austin? Hopefully discounted as well?

Thanks! Tony

Reaction score

If you want to make the trip down to New Braunfels, they've had about 40 of them for a few weeks at $12.00 each. They are on an end cap back by the bikes.

Reaction score

I forgot to mention that I did find the ROTS Republic Gunship at the Wal-Mart at 290/71 but I got the only one.

This was only the second time I've seen it in town. Are they HTF? I'm debating whether to open it or not.

Question? Is anyone army building w/ Clone Commanders? I have only one opened- it looks GREAT next to a blue ARC trooper from the CW series.

Reaction score

sweetdaddyt512 said:
Thanks! I'm on my way!
So how did it work out? Did the WM in New Braunfels still have those Early Bird kits? Unless they threw them all away, they should still have them. It's been 2, maybe 3 weeks since they've had them at $12 and they've been on that same end cap the whole time.

Reaction score

I'd open another clone commander. I opened an extra one, removed the skirt, shoulder paldron, and the visor (including the head knobs for it). I then cut the skirt off the belt and replaced that on the trooper. He's now a red clone trooper, looks very cool!
Anyone seen the 500th vader yet?

Reaction score

Awesome tip, JJ!!!

I made the trip down to NB and got a couple EB Kits.

I am in your debt, man, PM me w/ a want list of yours- I'd like to send you a thank you gift. I really appreciate the gesture! Thanks again from Austin, Tony.

Reaction score

Hey, don't sweat it, Tony. That's what this thing is for, to pass on useful info.
I'm just glad they still had them... it's been a week or so since I've been up there.

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any Master Replicas Darth Vader FX light sabers on any shelves anywhere?

Reaction score

doesnt the lakeline walmart have a ton of the eb kits?

Reaction score

Yeah but i don't think they're clearanced yet....

Reaction score

I was up at the WM at 183 and 620 this AM and I saw the good stock of the Anakin/Bacara wave but no EB kits, clearance or retail... wonder where they all went-unless I didn't know where to look.

New Braunfels and Copperas Cove have some if you still need any. Thanks again JediJimmie!

Reaction score

sweetdaddyt512 said:
New Braunfels and Copperas Cove have some if you still need any. Thanks again JediJimmie!
Not a problem, man. Glad I could help!

Reaction score
Honey, could you pick up milk, bread, a Tarkin?

Right under our noses...

Check your HEB's. Of all things I was in the small HEB at William Cannon and South 1st and right at the corner of the aisle sat a couple of OTC Lobots, several ROTS figs, and two Tarkins. Go figure- I'll check and see if Albertsons still has those AT-TE Gunners warming the pegs...

Reaction score
Re: Honey, could you pick up milk, bread, a Tarkin?

Woah! Tarkin wave at HEB? That's bizarre seeing as how that wave hit a few WM's here in S.A. all on the same day about a month ago. I haven't seen any of them since!

I did see some decent Deluxe figures at the HEB by my house, though - Vader on Operating Table, Vulture Droid, Crab Droid and Spider Droid. The Clones had already been snatched up.

Reaction score
clearence eb kits

so are there any walmarts in austin that have them on clearence?
i have not seen any at all

Reaction score
Re: clearence eb kits

It seems like the EB kits disappeared from all of the Wal-Marts in the space of a week. They had a ton at the 602 location, and a ton at the 290/35 location. I went to both in the last coupl eof days and there was not one to be found. I don't think they ever dropped in proce either. Maybe an RTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.