Austin TX Finds pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Philip, did our original thread get locked out? I can't believe it, after almost two years of using the thread to find new stuff in Austin, some members have turned it into a joke. I thought it was for helping other members out to find new stuff, not a forum to foul mouth others. I think I'm going to log off the scum for a while after this.

Reaction score
Huntarr, are you the guy wearing the scrubs all the time? If so, you have stated many times what you have made selling all the HTF items on EBAY, not me. I trade with fellow collectors, not 'Scalp"!

Reaction score
No offense, guys, but could you please take this into PMs? It's kind of bothersome to get excited about a new post, only to find bickering about scalping...

Reaction score
starfox said:
Huntarr, are you the guy wearing the scrubs all the time? If so, you have stated many times what you have made selling all the HTF items on EBAY, not me. I trade with fellow collectors, not 'Scalp"!
His profile says he's a nurse. So I'm betting that's him.

Reaction score
Letovx, all of the old Look What I Found threads got locked, because they have put every city(category) on its own dedicated server now....we just keep posting here like we always do, the old thread it still there. It had nothing to do with the scalping argument.

Not much you can do about scalpers reading our posts. I have no doubt there's probably some here in Austin who use our info to do it....but you guys and this thread has helped me immensely the last few years.

Reaction score
Cool, I finally figured it out (duhhhhh). Anyhow, I feel alot better now.
As for the banter on scalping, etc.... please take it somewhere else. This post has had plenty of history behind it as a place for fans to find new stuff, meet up to discuss SW stuff, trade, etc, not a place to badmouth each other at the expense of a great post.

rg

Reaction score
And now to get back in character:

I did find tons of HOF figs this weekend. Seems all the Targets are stocking up on them in full. The targets I saw them at are:

Capital Plaza
Parmer (new)
Round Rock
Payton/Ohlen and 183.

The only bummer is that I saw a total of 1 new storm trooper in all. I already had one so I left it at the Capital Plaza Target. I think they are resuppling on daily but the best day I've seen so far is Wed mornings. Last week I finally picked up the Admiral Ozzel, Bossk, and Dengar there.

rg

Reaction score
I know who YOU are, Dave! And I have never sold anything on eBay! I do keep abreast of secondary mkt. prices, & can frequently quote them. Of course, I am not surprised that you would give it your own self-serving slant! Of course, the forum members are probably wondering WHY you continue to defend yourself so vehemently, instead of simply saying I'm full of s##t, & leaving it at that. Kinda the way Tom Cruise reacts when someone insinuates that he's not a heterosexual! Go ahead & keep burying yourself........

Reaction score
Sorry, guys. I guess this has gotten out of hand. I won't be posting any of this here any more.

And starfox, if you have anything else to say, I'm sure I'll see you on the rounds - if you wanna call me a liar to my face, feel free!

Reaction score
Cove Wal-Mart has Ewok Gliders and nothing else....

Thanks Garrett for the support, and Mr Huntarr, I'll pm you, so these threads stay clean......sorry to everyone else for the interuption!

Reaction score
Sorry to post a non-info. message again, but here goes:

I publicly apologize to starfox for accusing him of scalping. Apparently I either made a mistake, or was fed bogus info. against him, or both. I am sorry for any problems I may have caused.

Reaction score
Plenty of Ewok Gliders at Lakeline Walmart....lots of the other deluxe figures as well.

Nothing at Lakeline Target or TRU.

Reaction score
At 9:30 last night, there were still 2 Ewok gliders at Lakeline Wal-Mart after I took one. This is probably too late, but I forgot to post till now.

Yub.

Reaction score
I checked the Parmer/I-35 Walmart, Target, and TRU. Nothing worth going in for. If your a LOTR fan, they did have the new King of the Dead figures at the TRU.

rg

Reaction score
Well I went to HEB yesterday to buy something and I decided to walk down the toy aisle. I wasn't expecting nothing much, never find anything there, but lo and behold I was wrong. Out of the corner of my eye I soptted a Star Wars figure, I fugred it was a old figure that was from several waves ago, but no it was Captain Antilles!!!! I was stoked, and even though I hadn;'t bought a new figure in a year, I got em!!!
I have to say it's a nice figure, although he does look a lil young!!
Since I'm not an opener, I don't know what the condition of the plastic is.

Well after finding him, I decided to take a toy run, I went to the Wal Mart by SOuthwest Parkway and found General Dodonna and the Tie Fighter Pilot. I definately love the new Tie Pilot, very accurate helmet!!!

Went ot the Targets aroundthere, and nothing. Went to TRU South, and all they had was old merch!!! Sorry store, anyhow Wal Mart is the place to look!!

Reaction score
Checked around Austin today and nothing new. Has anyone seen the Endor wave yet or the clone trooper unleashed?

Reaction score
This thread is a ghost town... Haven't seen anything from the Endor wave yet. Lakeline Wal-Mart had many Hoth troopers last night. Looks like they restocked the Ultras, though. Many Jabbas and Ewoks.

Reaction score
Well this morning I decided to stop on by the Target at Capital Plaza, and lo and nehold the entire pegs were full!!! They had General Dodonna and the rest of that wave. Tie Pilot, Dutch, Captain Antilles, and one lone Luke Holo, guess it's short packed???? ANyways they had a good selection, so if you need any of them, head on over!!! Oh and it wasn't right at opening, so they should be plenty there still!!!!

Happy hunting!!!

Reaction score
I saw them too. It's the same wave that keeps coming out. I'm wondering if the Endor wave will ever arrive. BTW, has anyone ever found anything at the new Walmart on Parmer and I-35? It has the smallest SW selection and I've taken it off my list of places to check.

rg

Reaction score
Really, that wave has been out before?? Oh well, hopefully someone will need em!!

As for Wal Mart they suck!!! They never have any Star Wars figures in stock. And when they do come in they're usually old [censored] cases, with old tired figures. SUcks to live in Austin where either we never get the new cases or when they're sent the scalpers get em all. Eithere way we true collectors get the shaft!!!!

The reason I still say scalpers is because I still see figures from previous waves, but never most requested ones like J'Quille and other popular figures. They're always gone!!!!

Oh well keep up the postings people!!!!

Reaction score
I wouldn't necessarily say it's mostly scalpers. The waves with Tanus and J'Quille have only been spotted around here a few times, and those 2 along with Holo Luke are packed in smaller numbers. So they tend to go quick. I myself have never seen those 3....they're actually the only ones i need before OTC waves start.

I was lucky enough to find the Endor wave awhile back that one week it hit Lakeline Walmart. That new Walmart at Parmer just plain blows...after a few times of walking out disgusted with their toy section, i never waste my time there any more.

Reaction score
I guess I'm going to have to double my efforts!!!
If I want to find the figures that is!!!

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot. LJ, they had a Skiff Lando up at Lakeline Target last night just before closing. Also had a few Snowtroopers and a Death Star Luke. The rest was HOF figures.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, but Lakeline is a bit far to travel for one figure, maybe if there were more available!!! Thanks again, and remember, search high, search low, but always keep up the search!!!

Reaction score
Zip at the Lakeline TRU. Just a bunch of old figures. Saw Unleashed Han and Red Leader X-Wing, but that was as new as it got. There were some Spider Droids, if you missed those.

Reaction score
Well, Austin collectors, I just came back from a day shopping with my mom and I took the time to stop by some stores.

Wal Mart South (Brodie) not a damn thing. Nothing but HOF figures, really got me mad.

Target Brodie, nothing but the HOF wave!!!!

Toys R Us South, nothing but old, old figures. I asked if they have gotten any new figures in, and the guy told me that they got a case of old figures. Really sucks!!!1

Target South Lamar, they actually had the Antilles wave. I was able to score a new Lando. Nice figure, definate improvement over the old one!!

Finally I decided to take my moms to Lockhart for some Smittys Bar B Que. WHile there I went to the Wal Mart I used to love going to as a kid, they always had GI JOE'S!!!! Well they did have e mix bad of figures. New and old, I finally picked up the Dignitary with the Napolean hat!!!

Instead of going home, we went to San Marcos, where the Super Wal Mart there, had nothing but old figures.

Finally I almost went home, but stopped by Targetm and my dearch was over, at least partially. I found Tanus, you should have seen my giddyness at finding a figure I really wanted!!!!

So Target might be a good source for J'Quille wave, but so might Wal Mart since they are getting the HOF wave again, they might repeat the entire series of waves again. Well one can hope can't they???

Search high, search low, but always keep up the search!!!

Reaction score
Sweet, might be thta the other Wal Marts are geting a bunch of that wave too???? Usually if one Wal Mart gets a shipment of something, then the rest do too!!!! Here's hoping!!!

Reaction score
Just went up north to 183 and 620 area. Lots of new stuff:

Lakeline TRU has the Skirmish at Carkoon delux box (about 10) for $19.99. They also have lots of CW spider droids.

Both the Target and Walmart up on 183 and 620 have loads of figures from the Yavin wave and the Jabba wave. The only down side is there were no JQuill or the other Tanus figs, but everything else a plenty. If you want to build that army of Tie pilots, there up for the taking.

I'm also heading to the Red Lion for the toy fair. Hope to pick up some stuff but I'm not paying a butt load for any new figs there. I'll hold out for the Endor wave if need be.

rg

Reaction score
The Copperas Cove Wal-Mart got Tatooine & Endor waves in, I think. No J'Quilles or Tanuses to be seen.

Reaction score
Hey Full of Hate, wanted to thank you for the heads up. I ended up going to the Wal Mart all the way in Georgetown, and the trip was well worth it!!! I not only found the very wanted Ozzel, but also found the Bartender R2, Jedi Luke, and 2, count em 2, R1-G4s!!!!!!!!!! That's right the very ellusive lil droid is finally in my possession, not one. but two!!!! I owe ya Clown!!!!

I stopped by the Wal Mart at Norwood park, and they had nothing but wave 1 figures!!!!
Sucks having to travel all the way out of town to find new figures!!!!!!!

Oh and why is Tanus and J'Quille so freakin hard to get. Now you guys have to admit, that the scalpers are getting to these!!! TO have an entire shelf full of a particular wave, lest the two Jabba's aliens, then something fishy is going on!!!

Oh well, lets beat those scum sucking scalpers my fellow Austinites!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Lady_Jaye said:
Hey Full of Hate, wanted to thank you for the heads up. I ended up going to the Wal Mart all the way in Georgetown, and the trip was well worth it!!! I not only found the very wanted Ozzel, but also found the Bartender R2, Jedi Luke, and 2, count em 2, R1-G4s!!!!!!!!!! That's right the very ellusive lil droid is finally in my possession, not one. but two!!!! I owe ya Clown!!!!

I stopped by the Wal Mart at Norwood park, and they had nothing but wave 1 figures!!!!
Sucks having to travel all the way out of town to find new figures!!!!!!!

Oh and why is Tanus and J'Quille so freakin hard to get. Now you guys have to admit, that the scalpers are getting to these!!! TO have an entire shelf full of a particular wave, lest the two Jabba's aliens, then something fishy is going on!!!

Oh well, lets beat those scum sucking scalpers my fellow Austinites!!!!!!!!
Glad I could help. I wasn't sure if anyone was looking for R2 or the R1-G4. What are people looking for? I myself am looking for the SAGA Throne Emperor but i am pretty sure that won't pop up any time soon.

Reaction score
Well now all I'm looking for is another Tanus and 2 J'Quilles. Need the extra ones for the only DIorama thta ever goes up from time to time, Jabbas palace!!!

Oh and of course the new Endor wave, the Han in AT-ST driver disguise looks keen!!!

Again thanks and let us know what you're looking for!!!

Oh and if anyone finds a Ephant Mon, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Still looking for the Clone Trooper army 3 pack with a red trooper and the new Unleashed Clone Trooper with the red stripe.

At this point the 3 pack isn't likely to hit again; so if anyone has an extra I'm willing to pay cash or work out a trade. However, the Unleashed Trooper is still showing up at stores. If anyone sees it, please, please, please pick it up for me rather than hiding it. I watch my 3 month old son during the day in Kyle and work nights in south Austin, and this makes it a bit difficult to hop in the car and make a toy run. Thanks.

A couple scalpers... oh, I meant dealers... at the Red Lion show had the Unleashed Trooper, but $40 is a bit more than I'm willing to pay for a $15 toy...

Overall it was a good show. I went to drop some figures off and ended up picking up a few things that were on my "wouldn't mind having" list. I'm now suffering from the "wish I'd gotten there sooner" syndrome since I got to hear those wonderful words, "I sold the one I had earlier..."

Reaction score
...I made the show at the Red Lion. Not as good as the one in Plano in '02, but I got some good deals (and I DID get there at 9am) - scored Admiral Motti for $5, Wuher $5, 1 of each Expanded Universe figs (Darktrooper, Spacetrooper) for $8 each, a Ephant Mon for $10, and a Tie Interceptor for $25. I agree, most were scalpers, but if you showed up early you could have cleaned house with the guys that were selling super cheap. I'm sure the guys I bought from (all from one vendor) were packed up by noon....

Reaction score
Wow! Definitely some good deals there, TeeboU! Scoring an Ephant for $10 is unheard of these days! Fair market value, acc. to the ToyFare PG, is $20, & most secondary dealers charge more than that!

Reaction score
I got there at 3:00 PM and didn't see anything I'd want to pay mark ups for. I did see the Unleashed CTrooper at the big tables in the middle of the floor. I passed on paying 30 or 40 bucks for the red stripe CT.
Oh, I do know what happened to all those Clone War Walmart Two Packs. I saw a couple of tables where the display stand along with the figs were being displayed. For 10 to 15 bucks for the figs I had to pass. Anyhow. I asked one of the guys where he got the display stand with all the figures. He said he pickup up the whole thing from Walmart one morning. So, he not only took ALL the Clone War two packs, he also took the diplay stand. What an A..hole. We never see them because of Scalpers like him. I hope he's not a member of the Scum. If he is, well, get bent freak!

Status
Not open for further replies.