Austin, Texas Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wal-Mart 620/183 had reminence of Wave 4 left.

Many Stormtroopers left for troop builders

Reaction score
I went by the TRU at Lakeline this afternoon. They had mostly the pegwarmers of wave 1 and 3, with sprinkles of legends 1, nothing that isn't clogging the pegs everywhere else.

They did have plenty of Tie Interceptors and Y-Wings, if anybody was still looking for them.

They also had a promotion where if you spent $15, you got one of the Star Wars Transformers for free. Hopefully they are still running that promotion on Sunday when they are supposed to be doing the Buy2-get-1-free deal.

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I went by Lakeline TRU this morning and finally picked up a Y-Wing. I asked about the $15/free SW Transformers promotion since there was no sign anywhere, and they looked it up. They said you had to buy $75 to get a free SW Transformer. I passed since there wasn't anything I wanted to buy besides the Y-Wing.

By the way, how much is the Y-Wing supposed to be? It was marked $44.95 on the shelf, but I was charged $34.95 at the register.

Reaction score
Nah, that's the regular price...i took one and scanned it at the end of the aisle. When i was there, the tag that said 44.95 was actually for the Dagobah X-Wing, it was just there where the Y-Wings were...

Reaction score
I managed to clear most of the clones out of the south Brodie TRU on sunday (hard to pass up on 9 clones at less than $5 each after the promotion discount). I went back an hour after they opened Monday and apparently missed them restocking with a few cases of wave 4 for on the shelves in a couple of different spots.

I'll probably clear the remaining 8 or so Galactic Marines and AirBorne troopers by the end of the week if nobody else wants them. Hopefully we'll get a crack at some wave 5 soon, since TRU seems to be the only place down south stocking new cases that I've seen.

Reaction score
I stopped by the Brodie TRU again this afternoon and saw they stocked 2 of the GEONOSIS Arena creature packs. I had to buy one at $60, since I missed them the first time around. Kind of expensive, but it is a nice pack.

A lady got to the pegs before me and walked out with the only McQuarrie Chewie, but there wasn't much else to report figure-wise to go with their sale.

Reaction score
Greatland Target down on 360 and MoPac had the new wave out. I grabbed a Luke (in spite of the ugly soft goods), holiday Fett, and Umpass (drum guy). Remaining were a couple more Lukes, a couple of Elis (ghost face guy), another Umpass, a Destroyer Droid, and one pack of battle droids. It was nice since they were on sale anyway. They also had a few tucked on the side of an endcap on the front of the next aisle over.

Of course, no McVader. Also, no extra holiday Fetts after mine. If anyone has an opportunity to grab an extra McVader, I'd love to buy it off of you.
I open, so card condition is irrelevant. (And if I see any, I'll pick them up for people here. After taking one for myself, of course. ;-) )

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Wave 5 yet (the EU wave)? This is the most excited I've been about sw figures in a while, especially Roron Corobb!! If not, do we know when they might start to arrive? Any heads up would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Reaction score
I saw a lone 4-LOM sitting at the Bastrop Mart on my way to Houston. Nothing else there that was new. (A nice note about the figure...the blaster rifle is of a harder plastic than normal. More like the older blasters, so it won't bend if he keeps it pointed at someone like Dengar's.)

But more importantly, for those that have read the main page, which Austin Wal-Marts are "A" stores?

Reaction score
Found the wave at the La Grange Mart on my way to Houston this weekend. Got the McVader, McStarkiller, a gold coin McChewy, and goild coin McFett! Really! Got the pre cyborg greivous, CZ droid, CW Anakin, Roron Corobb, and Hermie Odlf. Also the #16 Vader UGH fig. There were lots of the wave left, I passed on the imp officers though. At the TRU in Katy, I found the Darth Malick, but no Darth Raven yet. My guess is that if a Marts low on figs here in Austin, this week will be the week to find the new stuff.

Reaction score
D'oh! Should have checked this before leaving Houston today. I passed right by the LaGrange Mart thinking it wouldn't have anything.

But Houston was also good to me this weekend. In addition to the 4-LOM I got in Bastrop, I also found the following at the TRU up by Katy Mills: M'iiyoom Onith (elephantish cantina guy), Elis Helrot (ghostface cantina guy), Umpass-Stay (Jabba drummer), CZ-4, Jedi Luke, Hermi Odle, 3PO and Crumb, Roron Corobb (Ithorian Jedi), and Yoda on Kybuck. I took a Roron, Yoda, and 3PO.

I also stopped by the Target in Katy just off Fry and got a McVader! Yay! I also took a yellow Clone Officer.

Then, at the Wal-Mart by Katy Mills, they also had a few more of the non-concept figures, but I was happy to see Buzzer and Lady Jaye from GI Joe wave 2. (Also grabbed a hooded Cobra Commander. These were the only 3 figures on the pegs.)

But the surprise of the day had to be at the Wal-Mart in Columbus. I wish I could have brought more home for you guys, but I had already blown my figure budget. I grabbed the only Clone Wars Anakin they had. But they had concept figures like crazy. I saw at least two McFetts, a McStormy, and a McVader. (McFett and McStormy were both gold UGH versions.) They also had a gold UGH gunner Han and ceremony Luke along with at least two normal Holiday Fetts.

As it was, I felt it would be a disservice if I didn't grab the extra McVader at least. Incidentally, I'd like to trade it for a McStarkiller. If I stumble upon a McStarkiller first, then I'll sell it at cost.

ADDTIONALLY, at a calendar and gaming store in Katy Mills, I saw ANOTHER McVader, but they were charging $13. I think even eBay can beat that.

Figured I'd strike while the iron was hot and hit the Wal-Mart down south here in Austin (at 35 and 71). Nada new. Tons of Saga Legends, and a few older red-card figures.

Reaction score
Hey,
Does anyone in the Austin area have an extra McObiwan/McYoda exclusive they would like to sell or trade for? Let me know.
Leto

Reaction score
New Super Target

Looks like the new Super Target down at South Park Meadows is open. The signs say that they're opening on Sunday, but it looks like they already started with a soft opening. I stopped by last night to see if a date was posted, and a bunch of folks were already there. Nothing of particular note in the toy section (no McVaders or EU wave figures at least), but it's good to have one of these stores down south. The one up north by Lakeline was pretty reliable with getting new stuff, so hopefully, this will be another good avenue. (Plus, I miss that Super Target!)

Reaction score
Re: New Super Target

iwas there last night.i picked up 2 holiday bobafetts,elis helrot ant ,ugh airborne trooper and2 miyoom oniths.

Reaction score

also,at the TRU on brodie,I stuck an UGH holiday boba fett w/ gold coin behind some pokemon stuffed animals on the same aisle,if anyone wants to grab it.

Reaction score

The Mart on 79 near hutto, had lots of the red version E2 clone troopers and a few of the lando in smuggler outfit. Also some imp troopers. Some guy was there right when I went by who was picking out all the red clone troopers and imp troopers. Don't think he got them all, but I'm also hoping it wasn't some scalper.

Reaction score
UGH

Saw 3 Galactic Hunt figures at the Wal-Mart on 620/183 left them all there.

They also had an end-cap of Saga Legends across from the aisle that contains Star Wars toys.

Reaction score
Re: UGH

Stopped by there around 1pm today, no UGHs left. Lots of odds and ends though. Was able to pick up two Red Clones with the dots in different spots on chest.

And four of Imp Officers.

Pretty much all the other Walmarts and Targets I stopped around Austin, where picked over heavily.

The TRU out at Lakeline had stuff, but it too was picked over good.

Reaction score

I was at Toys earlier today but could not post till now so I hope someone from the boards was able to hit the Toys R Us by Lakeline.

They had about 3-4 UGH 1 McVader and they had the Arena Battle pack.

Even though I don't collect anymore I'm still trying to post things here.

Reaction score

Karagin said:
Darn it...wish they had that stuff yesterday when I was there...
I know when I was collecting I'd rarley be in the right place at the right time.

Reaction score

I went there today, before I saw this post, and there were no more UGH or the MCVader. I didn't pick them up either.
ltvx

Reaction score

Any of yall seen the Clone Trooper blaster? BigChris is looking for it for his son's Halloween costume.

I'm afraid all I have is a rebel fleet trooper blaster...

Reaction score

If he has time, he may want to run to Killeen and check the Walmart in Killeen or Harker Heights...they had a bunch a few weeks back.

Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds

BIG score tonight. Anyone reading this, head out to Wal-Mart now; you'll probably find something new.

On the way home, I thought I'd do a quick check at the Mart on 71 and MoPac. I'm glad I did. At that store, I found smuggler Lando, blue clone officer, yellow clone officer, Shocktrooper using the SA body, Darktrooper (with a gold coin), and Gen. McQuarrie. I took the only Darktrooper and Gen. McQ. There were a few of the rest there, as well as the Evo Clone Commander, 4-LOM, more than one kind of pit droid, more than one kind of battle droid, and Imp officers (but I didn't notice the hair color).

Figuring I'd strike while the iron was hot, I then went over to the Super Mart on Slaughter and 35. There, I found torture rack Han and to my surprise, a McSnowtrooper! This store also had a couple smuggler Landos and 4-LOMs. They had a couple un-opened cases on the pallet, but there was a stock lady hovering over them. I asked if I could open them, and she said she had to check them first and proceeded to take the whole pallet away. I mosied for a bit, because I didn't know what was in each revision. Eventually, I saw that there was new stuff on the pegs, so I scanned them. Nothing from the new waves, but there were 2 holiday Fetts, 2 McVaders and a gold coin McStormy. If I hadn't already purchased 8 figurs, I'd have picked them up to hoarde for you guys. (Though note, I do still have an extra McVader that I'd like to trade for a McStarkiller.)

I then went to the Super Mart just north of there at 71 and 35. I haven't seen anything new there in a while, but I figured it was worth a check. On the main aisle, I didn't see anything and figured my luck had run out. But I then saw a smuggler Lando just sitting in the middle of some Transformers on a shelf. Under was an Anakin spirit, so my ears perked up. They also keep figures on the rear endcap of that aisle, so I checked. There were two cargo net Artoos, but I was saddened not to see Tycho or Ewoks. (Though another Anakin was there.) I didn't expect to find a McHan. However, right on top of a cardboard PDQ of Spider-Man 3 DVDs attached to the endcap was a McHan. I couldn't believe it. I then scanned the pallets, but didn't see anything else there. I went over the encap and the aisle again because it was silly for there to be a McHan but not a Tycho or Ewoks. But nothing else.

An insane night of finds for me, but there was no sign at all of the EU wave. Frankly, it's looking like the Mart might have just skipped over that wave completely. But their warehouses might be operating on a stack system instead of a queue system.

Anyway, I'm psyched, so everyone: hit up Wal-Mart now! All three south stores had new waves, so I'd bet that everybody has something.

Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds

Went to the TRU at Parmer/35 and scored a McSnowtrooper and Gen McGuirre. Was suprised that they had a good variety of stuff there.

Reaction score
UGH

Went to the Target by Lakeline about Noon today and they had

2 Galactic Marine UGH
2 Mace Windu UGH
and 1 R2 UGH

also had an animated Fett and a Mc Vader.

Wal-Mart had a bunch of the Legends figs may color variations for Clones and many troopers for troop builders

Reaction score

With the waves coming in so fast around here, I was wondering if anyone has found the following figures yet locally:

Orange Pit Driods
UGH Stormtrooper
Tycho
McSolo

I am assuming the latter two will show up eventually, but the first two continue to elude me no matter what case assortment I run upon in the stores...

Also, stopped by the TRU on Parmer - they had a UGH Airborne Trooper hanging around, as well as the massive Battle Pack featuring the arena from EII - at $60 I decided I would pass though - this one looks like it will be easily damaged the longer it sits on the shelves given the size of the plastic window, so if you are looking for this one I would go for it now (they have some extras over by the bikes in separate SW overstock section).

Reaction score

I have seen the orange pit droids in Killeen at Wal-mart but nothing else on your list.

Reaction score

I had posted about it earlier, but I found a McSolo at the 'Mart on 35 and 71 not too long ago. I had hit three 'Marts that night, finding new stuff at each one. I did find it odd that there was a McSolo, but no Tycho (or Ewoks) to be found (though I did find a ghost Anakin from that wave).

I'm still looking for that EU wave. I saw a CW Anakin once, but neither of the Darths, much less McStarkiller.

Reaction score

Seen the McStarkiller once, not much else, though the assortment of figs is getting pretty good lately.

Reaction score

I found the entire EU wave, minus the 2 Darths, at a Target on the way to Houston. I saw the Yoda and Kybuck at Lakeline Target this afternoon, but I haven't seen anything else from that wave here in town yet.

Reaction score

The TRU in Killeen had the wave you are looking for, but I think they are all gone now...I will be doing a toy run around Killeen this Friday.

Reaction score

Went by Lakeline Walmart last night, finally found Umpass Stay, the 'ghostface' cantina guy (can't remember name), and some White Pit Droids. Nothing else from that wave (besides some Jedi Lukes) though. I still haven't seen the Animated Boba Fett.

They still have tons of army builders there: Fans Choice Sandtroopers, Ep 2 Clones, Shocktroopers, Imp Officers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.