Austin, Texas Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Stopped by Georgetown Target and Walmart yesterday, they had nothing new.

Stilling hunting down the Concept Fett and Chewie...

Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to post last night... Nothing major, but still...

Went to the 'Mart at 71 and 35 last night at about 10:30, and I saw Saga Legends 3PO on the pegs. It was the first Legends figure that I've seen. They had all the pallets out as well to restock, but I didn't see any Star Wars boxes among them. Of the action figures, it was mostly Transformers. (Though there were a lot of boxes, so it's entirely possible that I missed them.)

Reaction score
So how is ol Austin?? I may be coming back to join everyone on the hunt!! Look out my fellow Austinites, I'm baaaack!!!! Well at least I may be!!

Reaction score
You know you want to come back here, LJ. Austin is clearly the place to be, and is far better than Albany. I know you learned the hard way that 6-letter state capitals beginning with "A" are not all the same.

As far as finds, I haven't seen too much new stuff lately. I got lucky with wave 3 and Vintage a little while ago, so I'm just waiting for the new stuff. Feels like Saga Legends is about to hit, though. That may be good for picking up some upgraded clones.

Reaction score
Austin has been pretty sad overall, much like the rest of the US. I used to check around town 2-4 times a week covering 7 different targets and 6 Walmarts, plus the 3 area TRU's and finally gave up last month when I kept coming up empty-handed. It seems like most places would only get new shipments once or twice a month, usually just a case or two of figures, and all of the good ones would be gone without hours if they ever really got put on the pegs at all.

Most of the Walmarts and TRU's I check are still so overloaded with old inventory, and the target's so full on Transformers/Spiderman stuff that Star Wars is anything but a priority.

Right now, I've resigned myself to just picking up what I can find when I actually have a reason to be at one of these places, or ordering online if there's something I really want.

Reaction score
That sounds like how things are for me...I was sending every Saturday doing the rounds when I could and well things are either gone with minutes of their being placed on the shelves or never seem to make it to this area.

I can cover Waco to Austin and places like Killeen and such and still not manage to find anything. To me that is a little hard to believe yet up until last month it seems that it is possible.

And talking to Hasbro about this is like trying to get a snake to walk. They won't even listen let alone take the issue seriously and thus we have the crap levels of distribution.

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm at Wal-Mart or Target often enough anyway that I just check when I go in. I don't think I've found anything at TRU in ages. I only go there if there's an exclusive or Midnight Madness. Heh.

Though things haven't been that bad when it comes to finding things. Of course that was up until the short-packed, high-demand McQuarrie figures.

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I've yet to see a damn Concept figure. I did find a lone caped Biggs last week, but didn't post since there wasn't anything else there. I've just stopped looking as much because i get tired of not finding anything. Especially the freakin' McQuarrie figs.

Reaction score
I've found all the concept figures in town, and seen most of them more than once (except the Chewbacca which I only saw the one time I picked one up). That being said, I've NEVER seen one at a Wal-Mart or TRU. Every time I saw one, it was at Target (either Lakeline or Parmer/I-35).

Reaction score
Glad someone has seen them in Austin, cause I haven't seen then anywhere between Waco and San Antonio. No matter which store I visit.

Reaction score
This morning I saw the entire first wave of the Saga Legends figures at the Four Ponts Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Picked up all the Saga Legends figs at Marts in Houston and South TX a few weeks ago. I can't beleive they are now just showing up in Austin.

Reaction score
I kept forgetting to post it but I found Legends Wave 1 at the Pflugerville Wal-Mart the day after Father's Day. So they've been here a while, just not in huge numbers.

Reaction score
Hit a couple of south locations today. Nothing to see at the Wal-Mart at 35 and 71. Target at 35 and William Canon had a few Saga Legends. I grabbed an Ep 3 Clone. There was another clone there which I left. I hope it wasn't an Ep 2 Clone (which I want), but it probably was. Also saw Vader, 3PO, and R2 from Legends. Vintage figures were marked for clearance at about $6.50. Not too bad, I say.

It really looks like Target is getting ready for a big reset. They had several things on clearance (including a lot of Sigma 6 stuff...make room for 25th Anniversary!!).

Reaction score
Lakeline Walmart has Saga Legends now.

I got the last Battle Droid pack and a couple of Clones, but there were still some Ep2 & 3 Clones, C3POs, R2s, Vaders left. No Shock Troopers or Mauls (if they're in the same wave).

They also still had a Tatooine Biggs, some Rebel Guards, Death Star Troopers, a Stormtrooper, and a Jawa there, if anyone is still looking for those.

I still can't find McQ figs.

Reaction score
Nada on anything new at either the Wal-Mart at 35 and 71 or at the one on 35 and Slaughter.

However, the one on 35 and 71 did have at least 3 Nintendo Wii units right there in the case. Go get 'em if you want one. (These were there as of about an hour ago.)

Reaction score
New Comic Packs Found in Austin

Just stopped by the Parmer Ln. Walmart, they had two each of the new comic two packs: Leia and Vader from Infinities, Luke and Mara, and The Dark Lady and Ahed Shet.
I bought one of each.

Letovx

Reaction score
Re: New Comic Packs Found in Austin

Oh man, you guys would die here in Tokyo. I literally have seen no less than 5 McChewies and even a McStormy over here in the last couple days.
Heck, it even seems that exclusivity rights don't extend beyond North America since the ToysRus here had the Kit Fisto starfighter and even the Order 66 packs.
The local BicCamera store even had the Wal-mart wave along with more Orer 66 and even an Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper.
I was shocked.

Reaction score
Sorry this is so late, but it's not really much of a report since I got most everything.

Down at the Greatland Target on 71 and MoPac, I found all three of the new comic packs. I took them, of course, so when I left, the only new thing left was one Mara/Luke.

They also had the new 25th Anniversary GI Joes. Grabbed both 5-packs, and all but the hooded Cobra Commander of the singles. (And he was probably the one I wanted most. :-( ) There was still one Cobra 5-pack left, as well as a couple single-packed Snake Eyes, a couple Storm Shadows, and a Flint.

Reaction score
Target Greatland in South Austin had Wave 3 of the Comic packs at around 5:45 pm this evening. I took one Leia vs. Darth Vader set and left another Leia vs. Darth Vader set and left two each of the other two new sets. I also left an Obi-Wan and ARC Trooper set there as well.

John

Reaction score
I stopped by Tusday Morning to get a birthday present. They had some Titanium Figures for 6.99.

I saw a 501st Clone (both versions), a Grevious, IG-88, Bossk and I think that is it. They were on an end-cap in the back of the store.

Oh and if anyone collest Captain America they had a cool jack in the box too.

The Tuesday Morning I was at was on Anderson Mill and 183.

Reaction score
Over the weekend I saw the new Elite Tie Interceptor at the TRU by Parmer Lane. The WalMart at 620 had the newest wave of the comic packs including the corrected version of the Mara Jade lightsaber. They also had a ton of the Legends figures but none of the rarest ones like the red clone trooper or Darth Maul. Oh and for those of you who happen to try the WalMart in Cedar Park - don't bother b/c they are redesigning the store and have about 5 cases of wave 3 clogging the pegs, plus they are keeping those figures outside under the patio (outdoors) where the lawn and garden equipment usually is (savages)...

Reaction score
Had another bit of good luck, but out of town again. I found the new wave of figs at the Walmart in Huntsville. I picked up the ultimate galactic hunt holiday special boba fett (with gold coin). The packaging was a mess, so I opened him up. They had all the new cantina aliens and other figs with the wave. The only fig I didn't find was the McVader. Hope this wave hits Austin in the next couple of weeks!

Letovx

Reaction score
I went by the Parmer TRU an hour ago and they were out of the Tie interceptors already. I'll check the other TRU's tomorrow or Wednesday.

Reaction score
Picked up the new Y-Wing at the TRU at Brodie. Had a couple left. The best add on to this version is the longer nose lasers and the tinted canopy. The figs are great too. They also had a couple of the new sandtroopers and a Fett.

Reaction score
The Brodie TRU had one of each Tie intercepter and Y-wing today, so I snagged them. I never got a chance to buy either of these ships as a kid, they are are really nice and well worth the cost. The packaging is so beautiful that I may need to buy a second set just for display.

Now if we could just get Target to get on the ball with their Tie Bombers and ARC-170's, I can finish with my ship-collecting for the year.

Reaction score
Are you talking about the ARC170 figure kit or the one with Rancor mouth painted on it?

Reaction score
I meant the ARC-170 with the Rancor on it. I'll of course need to get a couple of the Arc-170 Battlepacks as pilots for the ARC and my V-wing as well.

Reaction score
Oh man, Japan continues to be a real treasure chest of finds.
I walked into TRU today and what do I find? CIV McLuke and McDroids on the shelves... at slightly less than American retail.
Needless to say, I picked up a pair, since I never bought a second set to open online.

Good to hear that stuff is finally starting to hit stateside. It's been quiet lately.

Did the UGH figures ever surface in Austin?

Reaction score
Found the newest Y-Wing at the TRU at Lakeline - it was the last one. Stopped by the tRU at Parmer - they redid the SW stuff by moving it to a kiosk-type display - the only thing of note was 4-5 more Tie Interceptors on the bottom shelf - everything else was the same as it was before (old).

Reaction score
Jezral said:
I meant the ARC-170 with the Rancor on it. I'll of course need to get a couple of the Arc-170 Battlepacks as pilots for the ARC and my V-wing as well.
I need four of those BPs...and two of the Rancor nosed ARC170

Reaction score
The Walmart on 79 in Round Rock restocked with new Saga Legends figs, and a ton of them. Lots of 501st clones (clean version), sandtroopers, E2 clone troopers, and a few Boba Fetts. Nothing else new though.

Reaction score
went to the Wal-Mart on 620 and 183 they had 1 set of the new wave of the Comic 2pks

I left them since I am dumping 90% of the collection

Reaction score
The TRU on Brodie has a few new items today. I picked up a UGH concept chewbacca, and left a few other UGH's on the pegs, including an animated Fett and AirBorne Trooper.

They also had a few each of the regular animated Fetts, Umpass Stay, Elris Helrot, M'iiyoom Onith, and the Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight, from waves 3 and 4 of anybody was still looking for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.