Austin, Texas Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: McHan for trade

No problem, glad to have help and thank you as well. It was good to meet another collector.

Reaction score
More Finds

Finally found the AT-AP this morning at the Wally in Georgetown. They had two more when I left, as well as both the blue and green Jedi starfighters. Nothing new figure-wise though

Reaction score
Reaction score
Order 66 Found

Stopped at the Greatland Target off of 71 and MoPac about an hour ago and found all the new Order 66 figures. There were only a couple in the toy aisle, but on the rear endcap, there were lots more. Probably another three or four sets back there along with the TFU sabers and GH sets.

Nothing new in the regular figures, but that's all right.

For any GI Joe folks, they had all the Target exclusive vehicles. I only picked up a HISS Tank, but they had the other two as well.

Reaction score
Re: Order 66 Found

I also found the Order 66 packs, but they were at the Target at Parmer/I-35. They were up by one of the registers on an endcap.

Reaction score

Noodle said:
I also found the Order 66 packs, but they were at the Target at Parmer/I-35. They were up by one of the registers on an endcap.
The hell? I was in there today (not having read this post yet), and didn't see any. Were they closer to the south/electronics side or north/other side?

Reaction score

Friggin_Dan said:
Noodle said:
The hell? I was in there today (not having read this post yet), and didn't see any. Were they closer to the south/electronics side or north/other side?
Near the "blue" side/Electronics. I grabbed a Sev/YARC there a few days ago.

I know I'm dreadfully late to the show, but has anyone seen a Boba Fett Mighty Mugg lately? I finally convinced myself to give in, and now it seems that it's too late for the first wave.

Reaction score

seeing as he posted that 2 days ago, its a good bet they quickly sold out. They officially street Sunday, so I'm content to wait til then. More time to stay in front of the monitor and drool over the new Falcon

Reaction score

Sorry for the late reply - I have seen these at registers closer towards the non-food section of the stores (seen at multiple Targets since original post).

Reaction score

ChancellorStrife said:
seeing as he posted that 2 days ago, its a good bet they quickly sold out. They officially street Sunday, so I'm content to wait til then. More time to stay in front of the monitor and drool over the new Falcon
I would but wife already told me no we can't get the new Falcon and I still have the original one...I am still in shock over the AT-TE and the Torrent fighter.

Reaction score
TFU and Indiana

While running around yesterday, I hit a few Targets. At all but one, I saw a Juno Eclipse from TFU. I guess we already know who will be the pegwarmer for the TfU wave...

Also picked up a retooled Gree at the Target on 183 near Lamar.

Over at the Tech Ridge Wal-Mart, they had all the Indiana Jones toys sitting out. I happily grabbed the ones I wanted and went to check out. However, I got the "Restricted Items" flag. A manager was asked, and I was told I couldn't buy them. Feh.

They also had the four new Mighty Muggs at that 'Mart (Leia, Lando, Cody, and someone else).

Reaction score
Re: TFU and Indiana

Found more of The Force Unleashed today. Grabbed all of them but the troopers (so that's Maris the chick with the funky red lightsabers, whatever the name is of the Jedi samurai, and the shadow guard; they had Juno the foxy Imp, but I already found her) at the former Greatland Target (now just Target) on MoPac and 71. They also had a few of the updated Commander Gree, Kashyyk troopers, and Tri Droids.

In Indiana Jones news, I saw remnants of them at several places. I had the best luck at the aforementioned Target. I also saw a few at the TRU at Lamar and 71 and the Wal-Mart at MoPac and 71. However, oddly enough, the Super 'Mart at Slaughter and 35, the Super Target right by at South Park Meadows, the Target at Lamar and 71, and the 'Mart at 35 and 71 had niether hat nor whip of Indy stuff out. I couldn't believe it. I'm fairly certain that these stores would have also received product, but why not put it out on the street date? Whatever!

And to finish up the Hasbro Tri-Force, I saw the new wave of GI Joe at the Super Target in S. Park Meadows. They had 2 Vipers, a jetpack Duke, a new Snake Eyes with the knives on his chest, a Wild Bill, a Spirit, and a HISS driver. I ended up leaving them all. I wanted Spirit and Snake Eyes (yes, another SE), but they both had awful paint apps. Spirit had a big blotch of white on his eagle's back, and Snake Eyes had a major black brushstroke across his eyes.

Reaction score
Re: TFU and Indiana

Wal-Mart by Lakeline Mall had possibly 1 set of
2008 Wave 2: THE FORCE UNLEASHED. I left them there for others.

Reaction score
Force Unleashed Battle Rancor

So I finally have seen something I'm really looking forward too...... The Force Unleashed Target Exclusive Battle Rancor!!!!! If anyone sees them, let us known right away!
Nothing else to report though. I did pick up a battle damaged Vader at the Target at SPM, but there was only one.

Reaction score
Re: Force Unleashed Battle Rancor

The La Frontera and Techridge Targets have the TFU Rancor in the back, according to the price scanners. The DPCI is 087-06-1479. I haven't done the whole asking at Customer Service trick since I don't want to be "that guy who asked them to grab Star Wars toys from the back."

Reaction score

OK, so I tried the DPCI at Customer Service thing at the La Frontera Target, and was told that they didn't have it, discontinued, blah blah. Whatev. I can wait until Sunday or Monday for them to be put out.

Reaction score

I picked up a Battle Rancor at the Lakeline Target this morning. Unfortunately, it was the only one that was out.

Reaction score

I got one today at lunch at the Target in Round Rock/I-35 - it was also the only one they had on the shelf.

Reaction score

I also thought I would mention that this past weekend I saw the remnants of the latest wave of Mighty Muggs (Yoda, etc...) as well as Titanium vehicles (Mace Windu starfighter reissue, etc...) - these were seen (hit or miss) at Targets in north Austin.

Reaction score

I also forgot to mention that I picked up 3 of the 6 Order 66 packs there as well. Those were also the only ones there, except for 1 additional Luminara pack that I left.

Reaction score

Picked up one of the Battle Rancors at the Capital Plaza Target. Only two there. What a buy though, real cool, finally something I was looking forward to buying.

Reaction score

This morning I went out to the Georgetown Wal-Mart and found the latest Galactic Heroes sets. If you are collecting these they are finally starting to show up (Commander Cody, Gree, Bacara, etc...)

Reaction score
Walmart exclusives

Went by the Lakeline Walmart tonight, and they had a pallet of new stuff.

They had at least 6 cases of the new Build A Droid 2-packs. Each case holds a nice display rack with 2 each of the six different sets. I opened up a case and took one set out. Not sure where the displays will be setup, but I would think an endcap somewhere, since there's no room in the aisle.

They also had 1 or 2 cases of the new exclusive Comic Packs. Opened one up to take a look, but i passed on them. Each case has a similar display rack, holding 5-6 of each pack.

I'd assume other Walmarts will be getting similar stuff, but if you're looking for them, there should be plenty at Lakeline.

Reaction score
Re: Walmart exclusives

I also found the BAD packs this morning at the WalMart in Georgetown.

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart exclusive Build-A-Droid 2-packs have hit South Austin as well. A little after 5pm today, the WM at South Park Meadows(Slaughter&I-35)had several cases worth. There was a partially full display box where the Star Wars toy section is, and a few feet away towards the GIJoe section, there were several of the display boxes on an endcap. I left them all. They are $9.96 each.

John

Reaction score

Saw 2 Battle Rancors at Lakeline Target today, if anyone is interested.

Not much else.

Reaction score
Yesterday I found a couple of older Mighty Muggs at the Wal-Mart in Round Rock (Boba, Ben, Luke).

Also of note, the Target in RR has put virutally every item from TAC on clearance on the various endcaps. I looked at the pegs and they already have put out the stickers for the Clone Wars and Saga figures. The BAD news is that they are going to be charging 7.99 a pop for figures

Reaction score
Re: Austin, Texas Finds (Clone Wars Toys Found)

Stopped by Fry's today - happened into their Toy aisle and found new Galactic Heroes in the blue/white Clone Wars packaging. No problems buying them either at checkout... I picked up Plo Koon/Captain Jag and Shaak Ti/Magna Guard. They had others, too... Only downside is, again, the price of $7.99

Reaction score

Saw those new Titaniums at the Mart down in south Austin on 35 and 71. These were the green Y-Wing, Sandspeeder, Wedge's X-Wing (with flapping wings), green landspeeder, and Cloud Car. I didn't try to purchase any of them, so I don't know if they would have been flagged in the system.

Reaction score

You would have. I found that wave at the La Frontera WM. I had heard they were flagged, but I went ahead and scanned one of them. I had grabbed a current vehicle (Tank, I think) to scan for the price. The guy working the Self-Checkout didn't seem to care that I used one of the same thing/price since the new ones weren't scanning. I got the Wedge X-Wing and the Sandspeeder.

Reaction score

This morning, that Wal-Mart had several AT-TEs on an end cap.

Reaction score
holwer said:
Anybody seen The Last Crusade wave anywhere?
Found every figure but Henry at the WM in Pflugerville 2 weeks ago. It's all long gone now, sadly.

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart in RR had some of the new Titaniums out today, but alas, they would not let me buy them... Maybe someone else can get lucky there.

Status
Not open for further replies.