Austin, Texas Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds

As of around 4:20 pm today, Target Greatland in South Austin(MOPAC&290) had 11 of the ARC-170 Fighter(Clone Wars deco) on clearance for $7.48 each. There were 10 on an endcap near the bicylces. There was 1 in the regular toy section that looked to have an opened box. Looks like a final markdown price on these so if anyone wants them, you better get to the store soon.

John

Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds New Comic Packs

Saw the new comic packs with the stormtrooper in disguise (Mouse and Basso), Lietenant Juderland and Deena Shan, and Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid at the Walmart on Hwy 79 and Red Bud Lane in far east Round Rock.

Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds Next Wave

Been seeing the next wave (no coins) at Walmart. I picked up the Kashykk clone trooper yesterday.

LTVX

Reaction score

Which Wal Mart? I am tearing my hair out - frustrated over the lack of product that austin seems to be receiving . I always see posts from houston and dallas of multiple sightings at various wal marts but nothing (or just very little - not the multiple cases seen in houston and dallas) seems to get to us! Extremely frustrating ---

Reaction score

Seen them at the Georgetown, Round Rock Hwy 79, and Parmer/35 Walmart. Saw the ATPT and Greivous fighter out too. Most of what's left is the aqualish senator fig, anakin, and the hawkbat clone.

Reaction score

Not much to note, but I went to the 'Mart at Slaughter and 35 near South Park Meadows and found the Luke/Deena comic pack. Also at that store were the wave of GI Joes that are single card versions of the 5-pack.

Also hit the Super Target at South Park Meadows, TRU at 71/Lamar, and Wal-Mart at 35/71, but nothing at any of those.

Reaction score

Not much to report on the NW side of town either, but I did see the Saga Legends figures with the Captain Rex stickers on the bubble at the Lakeline Target earlier this week. Same ol' figures, though, so I am waiting for the new product with the info on the mail-away.

Reaction score

I saw a few of the new figures at the Lakeline Wal-Mart yesterday, like the Tri-Droid and 2-1B. They also had some I was missing from last year, like MxQuarrie Snowtroopers, Hawkbat Clones, 7th Legion Clone, and R2-1B. All I'm missing now is the McQuarrie Han.

Reaction score

GreyOwl said:
I saw a few of the new figures at the Lakeline Wal-Mart yesterday, like the Tri-Droid and 2-1B. They also had some I was missing from last year, like MxQuarrie Snowtroopers, Hawkbat Clones, 7th Legion Clone, and R2-1B. All I'm missing now is the McQuarrie Han.
Same here I am missing the McHan as well...

I have seen some of the same new line sans the Gree and the Kyshhky (sorry about the spelling) trooper in the Killeen area...rumors of the Fett Evoultion pack as well, but haven't seen any of that yet...

Reaction score

That's odd, I have not seen the McHan either. I've been able to find all the other ones at retail too.
Saw two McRebel Troopers at the Mart on 79 in RR a few days ago.

Reaction score

I saw a McHan once at retail, and of course picked him up. Though having said that, I haven't seen much of that wave at all in stores.

Reaction score

I did manage to get the Fett and Sith EVOs in Georgetown on Tuesday as well as two Sandtroopers with the blaster rifle this time...

I left the Jedi EVO pack...other then the Luke, I wasn't interested in having another Qui-Gon etc...

Still trying to find the McHan...he is going for way to much on eBay even open. I haven't seen the New Gree or Kyshyky (sorry spelling again) trooper either...seen all of the rest of the wave that is currently out but not those two...

Reaction score

Interesting, since I'm posting about finding an older wave that I'm seeing for the first time.

At the 'Mart on 71 and 35 today, I found the clone-in-training and Poncho Jango. Also nabbed the other two comic packs that I wanted (Rebels in Disguise and Commando/SBD). Also saw some Saga Legends with the new clone mailaway sticker on them.

No new Evolutions or any sign of things beyond those waves.

Reaction score

I am looking for those two packs...the commando one is my main interrest...

Reaction score

Finally found the McHan, however, found it at a TRU in Houston this weekend. The comic pack SBD/Commando I've seen alot of. The Mart on 79 in RRock had four of five on Friday.
ltvx

Reaction score

Okay I am headed down that way tomorrow will stop and check things out...

Still need a McHan...

Reaction score

This past weekend I was down in San Antonion - checked all of the Wallys/Targets/TRUs along the way and found nothing. Austin stores are better stocked than these were. The Wal-Mart next to the Cabela's in Kyle/Buda is apparently where Star Wars toys go to die, b/c their pegs were loaded with about 40 'Prego' Padmes from the Heroes/Villains repack wave of 2006, and they had no vehicles or Evolutions packs at all. Normally I would say a store is due for some new product, but I wuoldn't count on it based on what I saw...

Reaction score

The Walmart a little further down, it's at the exit just north of New Brunesfield, had two Fett EVOs, one of the Anakain Assassin two pack, several of the "clean" Stromies in their two packs as well as lots of TAC Legends figures to include the new version of the Sandtrooper with the Rifle...

Wonder if we will ever see one with the MG42 like weapon...

Reaction score

I stopped by the Wally in RR this morning and found 1 complete set of the new Evolutions packs (4) - unfortunately they were the only ones left, but it must mean more are coming anytime now. Also, stopped by the Wally in Georgetown and found the complete Force Unleashed wave (they also had the complete 1st wave of 2008 as well). Gotta say these are really cool now that I've seen them in person!

Reaction score

Should have posted this last night, but I forgot, and there's really no news here anyway. Ran around to a TRU and a few Targets and 'Marts last night. Didn't find anything new, but here's where I went:
TRU at Lamar/71
Target at Lamar/71
'Mart at 35/183
Target at Capital Plaza (2222/35)
'Mart at 35/71

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart at Parmer/I-35 had Grievous's Starfighter and 2 of the comic packs (not the one with the Republic Commando).

Reaction score

The Walmart over at Slaughter and 35 had the Clone Commando Comic Two pack on Tuesday, I picked three of 7 that they had.

Also the Unleashed figures are showing up in the Killeen areas...

Reaction score

I saw Obi-Wan's blue starfighter at the Lakeline Wal-Mart, the Republic Commando/Super Battle Droid comic pack at the Lakeline Target, and 4 new Evolutions sets at the Lakeline Toys 'R Us this morning (Sith Legacy, Jedi Legacy, Fett Legacy, and Vader' Apprentice).

Reaction score
McHan for trade

If anyone still needs McQuarrie Han, I have one for trade. Looking for the new battle-damaged Force Unleashed Vader or the Force Unleashed Shadow Guard.

Reaction score
Re: McHan for trade

Well I'm not doing anything else with him for the time being, so the offer stands. I really want that new Vader!

Reaction score
New Evolutions, 2008 Figs in Austin

Went to the Greatland Target on 71 and MoPac tonight and was pleased to see the Jedi Legacy Evolutions box there. Who'd have guessed we'd have TWO Bultar Swans?? But I was most excited for the first NJO figure ever.

Later that night, I went to the Target at 71 and Lamar and found the Sith Legacy II Evolutions set. Three awesome figures in that one. The Darth Bane is the bee's knees. Also there, I saw the slight retool versions of Darth Anakin and Obi-Wan, as well as 21B and the Aqualish senator. Several Anakins/Obis, many senators, only one other 21B after I took mine. No sign of clones. They also had another Jedi Legacy set.

Figuring I may as well, I hit the Super Target at S. Park Meadows. Looks like some new Saga Legends were there, as I took a SA version of the 501st clone. Also some pit droids with the CW2008 sticker on them and another Jedi Legacy Evolutions set (also several of the reissued three: Anakin, Sith I, and Clones).

Since I was right there, also hit the 'Mart at Slaughter/35, but there was nothing new.

No sign anywhere of Fett Legacy or new clones, but now seems a good time to keep your eyes open.

Reaction score
Re: New Evolutions, 2008 Figs in Austin

infallible said:
No sign anywhere of Fett Legacy or new clones, but now seems a good time to keep your eyes open.
I think I posted it last week, but in case I forgot to, I saw all 4 new Evolutions sets (including the Fett Legacy) at the Lakeline Toys 'R Us.

Reaction score

GreyOwl said:
infallible said:
I think I posted it last week, but in case I forgot to, I saw all 4 new Evolutions sets (including the Fett Legacy) at the Lakeline Toys 'R Us.
Oh, yeah! You did post that, but I had forgotten. Now that I live down south, so I think of the Lakeline area as a whole different city.

Reaction score

I don't blame you - I think of South Austin as a whole different city, too!

Reaction score

Having lived in both, it's really true.

Figured I'd give the south TRU (360/MoPac) a try, since the Evo sets were seen at the LL TRU. Sure enough, the other two were there. Grabbed a Fett and Apprentice set (only ones they had of those). They also had two Jedi sets. I was hoping to find some new single-carded figures, since they were doing 3-for-2, but no luck.

Since it was on the way, I hit the Target at Lamar/360, but nothing new since yesterday. Of the new stuff, only about 3 Po Nudo figures were left and the one Jedi Legacy Evo set. (I also mistakenly identified him as an Aqualish, which he is not. I mistook his jaw horns for the puffy mouth vajayjay of Ponda Baba's people.)

FYI, these Evolutions sets are beautiful. I love the figures I'm getting in them. The only complaint I have is the Jedi in the Apprentice set has these cloth flaps on his arms that make no sense.

Reaction score

Yesterday I stopped by the WalMart at Lakeline - they had a ton of the new SA 501st Stormtrooper and a couple of the Jedi Legacy Evo sets, but that was it. I have still not been able to find the AT-AP yet anywhere....

Reaction score

I've been finding new product all over, mainly at Wal-Mart. the WM at 685 in Pflugerville has gotten in a few ROTS 08 figures (no clones left) and some of the 07 wave 8 repacks with the stands.

WM in Round Rock yesterday had tone of the new Evolutions sets, but I believe I got the second to last Fett set. Plenty of the others left, and I noticed a lot of new Comic Packs and repacked stand figures.

No sign of anything TFU yet, except for the Evolution set...

Reaction score
Visit to Mexico

I just got back from Mexico (Cabo) there was a Wal-Mart. I need to get glasses so I went there. I was hoping to see some bootlegs or close knock offs but they had nothing like that.

They had 2 ailes of toys total and what they had of star wars was 20-30 titanium forged Darth Mauls for about 95 Pesos.

Funny to see those on the shelf

Reaction score
Re: Visit to Mexico

Keep an eye out guys, I found a "Bait and Switch" Fett Evolution set today. I had to go to the Round Rock Wal-Mart to get some things and decided to check the SW section real quick. The only Fett Evolution set they had had the Boba replaced with the TSC Wave 1 figure from 2 years ago. I hid it near the starfighters so nobody would accidentally buy it, so hopefully one of you has the time to take it to customer service next time you're there.

The RR WM is the only store that I frequent that I've ever seen any stolen items at. Kinda weird.

Reaction score
New Target Exclusives

I found the new Target Exclusives yesterday at the Lakeline Target - guess they put them out a little early. They had both the battle pack and the Starfighter.

Reaction score
Re: New Target Exclusives

This would the one with the two troopers and Wookies? I am going to pass on that one...as for the starship...pass. I wish they would just sell the hyperspace rings for BOTH versions of the Jedi fighters...

Reaction score

I have found a battle damaged Unleashed Vader. If you are still interested in doing the trade for the McHan, please let me know.

Reaction score

Was cruisin' through north Austin today, so I figured I'd try my luck up by Lakeline. The LL TRU had 2 Vader Apprentice Evo sets, I think 3 Jedi Legacy Evos, and a couple Fett Legacy. No sign of Sith II.

And that was all I saw up there. Nada new in the singles, and nothing at LL Target or LL Wal-Mart. Also hit Greatland Target at MoPac/71, but nothing there, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.