Austin, Texas Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: UGH

Did not get to post yesterday, but the Round Rock target had dozens of the exclusive? battle packs on the top shelf of the action figure aisle. They were on their sides, so I could just see the tops, but there were 2 kinds: AT-ST with Hoth gun tower and AT-ST with some ewoks.

Reaction score
Re: UGH

Thanks for the post on those Battle Packs! They did indeed have quite a few of them so I picked up a set.

I decided to hit the Wal-Mart in Pflugerville (Dessau Rd.) - scored all the figures I have been missing. A guy was restocking the aisles so I asked him if they had any new figures and he told me he had several cases on the trucks. I personally hepled him restock the pegs and I was able to get a UGH Stormy and McFett as well as McSolo and McSnowy. I helped him put several different other UGH characters on the pegs. Go there today fi you are looking for stuff as he had a case of everything except the EU wave. I told him I would post on here for other collectors to help him move the product so here ya go!

Reaction score
EU wave and Tie Bomber found

Found the Tie Bomber at the Lakeline Target this morning - there were 2 more on the shelf. Also, for those of you looking for the EU wave they had just put a case out at the RR Target this morning as well. I left them all there since I already had them.

Reaction score
Re: EU wave and Tie Bomber found

Noodle said:
Found the Tie Bomber at the Lakeline Target this morning - there were 2 more on the shelf. Also, for those of you looking for the EU wave they had just put a case out at the RR Target this morning as well. I left them all there since I already had them.
I just went to Lakeline Target around 9 this morning, and it looks like they put out more stuff. No new figures, but there were TIE Bombers (at least 3), the Clone Wars Deco ARC Fighter, the ARC-170 Elite Squad Battle Pack, AT-RT Assault Squad Pack, and the miniatures Hoth scenario pack. There were several of each. Just a few by the figures, but most were on the endcap.

Reaction score

I stopped by the RR Target again today just to see what had changed - they still had most of the EU wave there, and to my surprise I found the new repaint of the Naboo Royal Guard (#52), so now wave 7.5 is starting to hit...

Reaction score

Groan! I went to the Target on Lamar and 71 just now. They had the Hammerhead, Yoda and steed, and tatoo Anakin from the EU wave, but no sign of flesh-Grevious, Revan, Malak, or, naturally, McStarkiller.

Reaction score

This morning, Lakeline Target had all of the EU wave. I finally got Darth Revan and Darth Malak, and there were a few of each still left. There were also some figures from later waves, like holo Vader. The new figures were all on the endcap and not in the regular Star Wars section. They also had the new Unleashed Battlepacks.

Lakeline Wal-Mart had all 3 of the new comic packs.

Reaction score

I considered driving up to Lakeline after work, but didn't considering that it had been 4.5 hours since the find, and traffic, and gas, and I was hungry. But I did hit the new Super Target down in South Park Meadows. Didn't see any signs of EU, but they did have two of the repainted Naboo Guards.

Also, for those interested, I saw 2 Beachhead GI Joes, a couple Shipwrecks, and took their only Firefly. First time I've seen Joes at that Target. Glad they finally came in.

Reaction score

Picked up the TC-14 and RA-7 at Target Greatland on Mopac/71 yesterday. Saw the exlusive AT-STs there too (Endor and Hoth). I'm going to buy one of the Hoth sets as soon as I get some Mulla this week.

Reaction score

Looks like a good time to hit the Wal-Marts again. About midnight tonight, I found Tycho and Ewoks down at the Mart at 71 and MoPac. Also saw 2 Spectral Anakins, another Tycho, another set of Ewoks, and a couple cargo net Artoos. Also saw some new Legends. Several of the Clone Commanders (from the Evo packs), non-SA 501st Troopers, and non-holiday Bobas.

Then went down to the Mart at South Park Meadows. No new singles, but I did get a whole set of the new comic packs (Anakin/Assassin, Fel/Hobbie, Swan/Koffi). I didn't see any others except what I took, though.

No signs of EU at all.

Reaction score

Didn't get a chance to post last night, but I went by Lakeline Target last night and found a few things.

Good number of Holiday Fetts
3 Hermi Odle's
Multiple CZ-4's
1 Naboo Soldier repaint
1 Pax repaint
1 3PO w/Crumb
Lots of Legends/Fans Choice figs...at least 2 of the 3 Imp Officers.
Couple of Concept Vaders
1 Fel/Hobbie pack
Saw a few UGH figures
Also still had Hoth/Endor packs, and new TIE Bombers.

There may still be some there.

Reaction score

Stopped by the RR Walmart this evening. Man, I hit the motherload... (for me at least)

Right as you walk in they had a huge shelf area to the left full of figures. I found:

1 UGH Concept Fett (first one i've ever seen, UGH or not)
1 Legends Fett
Concept Han Solo (multiples)
Concept Snowtrooper (multiples)
Concept Vader (multiples)
1 Ewoks
1 R2 w/cargo net
Han Solo torture (multiples)
Spirit Anakin (multiples)
Tycho Celchu (multiples)
RA-7 (multiples)
Smuggler Lando (multiples)
4-LOM (multiples)
1 Legends Clone Commander
Gen McQuarrie (multiples)

The single ones above, i took the last of...and one each of the others, so there's plenty left of those. I also saw a TC-14, Pit Droids, tons of troop builders, a number of various UGH figs, lots of Legends. Didn't see any Concept Starkillers.

Back in the regular SW section, they have the latest wave of Comic packs.

I couldn't believe how many new figures i saw for the first time all at once...

Reaction score

I stopped by at 8 this morning, and that whole shelf area with figures was gone. They only had figures in the normal toy aisle. I found the Destroyer Droid, McQuarrie Rebel Trooper, Padme in black, training fatigues Clone Trooper, and Voolvif Monn. There were more left of all of those, too.

stormshadow said:
Stopped by the RR Walmart this evening. Man, I hit the motherload... (for me at least)

Right as you walk in they had a huge shelf area to the left full of figures. I found:

1 UGH Concept Fett (first one i've ever seen, UGH or not)
1 Legends Fett
Concept Han Solo (multiples)
Concept Snowtrooper (multiples)
Concept Vader (multiples)
1 Ewoks
1 R2 w/cargo net
Han Solo torture (multiples)
Spirit Anakin (multiples)
Tycho Celchu (multiples)
RA-7 (multiples)
Smuggler Lando (multiples)
4-LOM (multiples)
1 Legends Clone Commander
Gen McQuarrie (multiples)

The single ones above, i took the last of...and one each of the others, so there's plenty left of those. I also saw a TC-14, Pit Droids, tons of troop builders, a number of various UGH figs, lots of Legends. Didn't see any Concept Starkillers.

Back in the regular SW section, they have the latest wave of Comic packs.

I couldn't believe how many new figures i saw for the first time all at once...

Reaction score
Target Exclusives?

Went to the Greatland Target down south at MoPac and 71 today and found the exclusive AT-RT Assault Squad. Cool set. Anyone seen the ARC-170 Elite Squad?

Any signs of the EU wave?

Reaction score
Re: Target Exclusives?

infallible said:
Went to the Greatland Target down south at MoPac and 71 today and found the exclusive AT-RT Assault Squad. Cool set. Anyone seen the ARC-170 Elite Squad?

Any signs of the EU wave?
I've seen all of those and more at the Lakeline Target in the last week or so. Check my posts above.

Reaction score

This morning, Lakeline Target had 3-4 each of the Starkiller Hero, Darth Malak, and Darth Revan, for those that are still looking for them. Check the regular section and the endcap because they had some in each section. There were also some others from the EU wave (Tatoo Anakin, Yoda/Kybuck, and a few more I can't remember right now).

Reaction score

Found the Arc 170 elite squad at the lakeline target yesterday. They must have restocked last night. There were at least three left. Anyone seen the Tie bomber?

Reaction score

I picked up a TIE Bomber last week at the Lakeline Target. At that time, there were 4-5 there.

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads-up on the EU wave at Lakeline, GreyOwl.

I was able to get the whole wave there this morning. There were plenty left of each figure in that wave. There were also multiple Concept Fetts if anyone hasn't found him yet. The only Concept figure I've never seen is Chewie now...

They didn't have any more ARC-170 Elite Squad sets. Still had some of the fighters though.

Reaction score

I've seen the concept Chewie a few times now, but I haven't seen the concept Snowtrooper at all...

Reaction score

Was at the Lakeline Wal-Mart saw 1 Tycho and 2 Anakin Spirits.

Don't know if anyone is looking for these.

Reaction score
EU and Target Exclusives

Woo hoo! Decided to make the trek up to north Austin today to see if I got lucky at the Lakeline Target. Sure enough, right there were Malak, Revan, and organic Grevious. Being an opener, I took the wrinkled up packages. Malak's in particular was pretty banged up, but the figure was great. I saw one of each remaining on the endcap along with Jedi Hammerhead, Inked Anakin, and Cowboy Yoda. Also on the endcap were a few of the Elite 170 Clone packs. I gotta say, I love the design of the clonetroopers in that pack. Worth the price just for the two of them.

On the aisle, I saw a lone McStarkiller, and more of the same with the figures. Also on the aisle were the AT-RT battle packs.

While in the area, I hit the TRU, but nada except for a red Clone Officer from Legends, if anyone's looking.

Reaction score
Re: EU and Target Exclusives

Lakeline Target still had many of the EU wave including a couple of the Pre-Cyborg Grievous'

Finally saw those Target exclusive Battle Packs (Hoth and Endor) wish I was still colleting they look great.

Reaction score
Re: EU and Target Exclusives

Cruised around town tonight. Found some of the repaint wave at the Greatland Target down on 71 and MoPac. Picked up the 7th Trooper (with the rusty brown circles). That was the only one of that figure they had. Saw a couple of the Rebel Vanguard and repainted Naboo soldiers as well, but nothing else from that wave.

Found nothing of note at South Park Meadows Super Target, Wal-Mart at 71 and MoPac, and Wal-Mart Supercenter at South Park Meadows.

Reaction score
Re: Austin Collectors Shows

Man, I have not been to one in a few years. I used to get a little card in the mail telling me when they were scheduled. Anyone know if they are still doing them?
LTVX

Reaction score

I don't get those cards in the mail anymore either. They used to have a website but I haven't been able to find it anymore.

Today I saw the Jabba's Band packs at the WalMart in RR. Also found Wave 8 at the Target on Parmer/35.

Reaction score

Here's the website that I used to keep tabs on for it. Man, I started going to those in 1995. They'd gone noticeably downhill last I went, but I still aways found something.
I moved away in 2004 and moved back this year and was looking forward to hitting those up 2-3 times a year again...but it looks like there hasn't been one in about a year now.

Maybe the space got too small or the place was too far out and dealers/attendance just dropped off too much. It was bad enough when it got kicked out of Palmer to the old Crockett Center. I never even went to the other location on N. Lamar...that happened after I moved.

Reaction score
Re: Austin Finds

Hit the south TRU at Lamar and 71 over lunch today. Got a Vollvif Monn (wolfman Jedi) and fireside Padme. There was a second Padme there, but nothing else from that wave or the repaint wave.

However, the new 2008 LEGO was there. They had the Rebel battlepacks (3 left after I took one), Stormtrooper packs (I took the last one, though), Rogue Shadow from Force Unleashed, Anakin's starfighter from Clone Wars, and the Hailfire Droid pack. In addition, the new Indiana Jones LEGO sets were there.

Reaction score

Today at lunch I found the Obi-Wan Starfighter w/ Hyperspace ring at the TRU on Parmer. They had about 6 more of them when I left.

Reaction score

Found the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs tonight. I was at the one on 71 and 35. They seemed to have the most of the Boba ones, and I saw a couple of the Obi/Bail set (though I left it because I got the original set). I grabbed the white clone set, and I didn't see any others. But I was in a bit of a hurry, so I could have missed them. They had them oddly split up. They were all in the SW section, but on different columns on the pegs. I don't think they're properly following the planograms...

Reaction score

Saw them at the Mart at 79 and red bud in RR. Lots of them too at the Target at southpark meadows off of 35. I picked up the white clones, I'll wait on the rest. I'm skipping on the twins too since I bought the individual packs way back when. No new individual figs though. Anyone have an extra McHan or McRebel Trooper?
letovx

Reaction score

I'm been checking the Targets hoping to get some clearance bargains lately.

So far, the only things I have found have been the ARC-170's, which the Brodie Target had for about $20 (they had about 30 of them 2 days ago), they also had one Tie bomber for about $18.

I've really been kicking myself for passing on the Hoth/Ewok Ultimate battlepacks. Is anybody still seeing these locally, or any of the AT-RT packs on clearance?

Reaction score

I haven't seen any of those three since the start of the year. I think they may have been sold out. All the Targets I've been do did a major reset of the toy section and clearanced a ton of stuff. If you want these, eBay may be where you'll need to go...

I went to the Super Target down in South Park Meadows, and they had nothing new. However, they had three McStormies. The pegs didn't look as though they had recently been restocked or anything. It was a little weird. They also had two sets each of Sith and Stormy Evolutions.

Reaction score

As of around 2:00 pm today, Target Greatland in South Austin(MOPAC&290) has 34 of the ARC-170 Fighter(Clone Wars deco) on clearance for $14.98 each. There are 29 on an endcap away from the toy section in the clearance section near the camping stuff. Those 29 have price tags on them. There are 5 in the regular toy section that I'm pretty sure don't have price tags on them. Also, I saw 2 McQuarrie Boba Fetts on the pegs at that store.

I checked Target Ben White a few minutes later and it had 1 McQuarrie Starkiller Hero.

I didn't buy any of this stuff.

Concerning the Ultimate Battle Packs, I didn't see any of them on clearance. I'm glad that I got a Hoth set when I did because they sold pretty darn quickly.

John

Reaction score

Oh, one last thing. Has anyone seen anymore of the Wal-Mart exclusive Comic Packs? If so, which Wal-Mart did you see them at, and are there any left?

Thanks,

John

Reaction score

The Lakeline Wal-Mart had all 3 of the new "Force Unleashed" Unleashed Battlepacks today.

I haven't seen any of the comic packs yet.

Reaction score

The Walmarts in Killeen and Harker Heights have the new two pack comics...

Reaction score

Thanks for the info, Karagin.

I saw the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs today at the WM in Round Rock on I-35, the WM near the Dell Diamond in Hutto, and the WM at Norwood Park(183&I-35 area). The WM at Norwood Park had three of the twins set and several of each of the other sets. The other two WMs had multiples of the Keller and Boba Fett sets but no twins sets. I did see more of the ARC-170(Clone Wars deco) on clearance for $14.98 at the Target at Capital Plaza and Target Greatland still had tons of them at the same price. I didn't buy any of this stuff. I did snag a Pax Bonkik(the only one there) at the Target at Round Rock.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.