Austin, Texas Finds (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Austin Area Finds

Went by the TRU in South Austin after lunch today. They had two of the ESB and PM collectors tins. I bought the only ANH tin there. Also had one AOTC tin.

Reaction score

Letovx said:
Anyone seen anything lately? I have not been looking lately, but all I really need is the last endor wave. Believe it or not, I'd like to get a Naboo soldier if possible or maybe two.
Nothing lately in North Austin. However, I was in College Station over the weekend and found a bunch of new figures, minus Luke, Gragra, Podracers, and the white Endor trooper.

Reaction score

Another Endor 2 sighting. I was at the Greatland Target down on MoPac and 71 this evening. Saw a Gragra (which I took), a Naboo soldier, and a Rep Been. So they're making their way out there. (Woah! All three homonyms in the same sentence!)

There were all these people out there waiting in the cold. I didn't think the Wii would be so popular.

Edit: Forgot to note that I also saw the Unleashed Battle Pack of the 501st, for those interested in that.

Reaction score

Finally found the Endor 2 wave (or what's left of it) at the Buda HEB. I picked up the Naboo soldier. Saw Graga and the gungan dude. Nothing at the Walmart in Buda or the one way down off Slaughter LN. save a trip.

Reaction score

I found Gragra, along with a Naboo soldier, Rep Been and the white Endor trooper, last week at the 620/O'Connor HEB.

When i was out today, I found the last Holo Maul, black Endor trooper, and Endor Luke at Lakeline Walmart. There were still a few Naboo soldiers, Rep Been's, and Gragra's left there.

I then found Vader at Lakeline Target. It also had some Naboo soldiers, Rep Been's and Gragra's. I also found about 5 more Mace Windu Squad Battle Packs (picked up 1), and 2 each of the prequel figure tins there.

Lakeline TRU had at least 1 or more of all 6 Figure tins. They also got more of the Dagobah X-Wing's in....they had 6 or 7 there (before i got one).

It was nice to actually find something for a change...

Reaction score

Hit Lakeline Target earlier tonight. They still had 4 Mace battle packs. Also saw 2 Naboo guards, but nothing else from the new wave. They also had a few of the new spring action lightsabers. I may get one of those down the line.

In other news, most all the SW LEGO were on sale. The new Star Destroyer was $20 off ($100 down to $80), Sail Barge, B-Wing, TIE Intercepter also had significant savings.

Reaction score

This morning, Lakeline Target had all 4 new Unleashed Battlepacks (A New Empire, Jedi Masters, Shocktroopers, 501st). They also some of the newer waves of Titanium vehicles. Lakeline Wal-Mart and TRU also had some of the newer Titanium Vehicles (waves 11-13). Nothing new anywhere as far as the 3-3/4" figures.

Reaction score

Well, I just got back from the RR Target, they had every last wave. EVERY LAST one.

Carkoon, Hoth, Coruscant, Utapau, Tattoine, and even Endor 1/2 and Naboo.

I got the only Endor Luke, but I hid a Sandtrooper at the end of the peg.

And there weren't many pegwarmers at all either.

Reaction score

This morning Lakeline Target had 2 left of the Imperial Shuttles, and Lakeline Wal-Mart had a few of the white endor soldiers. Nothing else new.

Reaction score

Target at Capital Plaza had about 10 of the Imperial Shuttles at $59.00. I bought one! Sweet!

Los

Reaction score

Letovx said:
Target at Capital Plaza had about 10 of the Imperial Shuttles at $59.00. I bought one! Sweet!
They have more on top of one of the aisles too!

I found Mace Windu Clones at one of the ends caps opposite the main aisle. They had about 7 more left this afternoon.

Reaction score

The Round Rock Target yesterday had the new wave of Titanium vehicles - Grievous's starfighter, speeder bike w/ Paploo, Senator Amidala's star skiff, and Anakin's modified Clone Wars starfighter.

Reaction score

Good finds today. If anyone is looking for the Cantina Band tins, the Walmart in South Austin off of I35 and 71/290 has about 6 left. They are about 6 feet down the aisle from the main SW display area on the first shelf. In addition, the Target in South Austin off of Lamar has the new Titanium (large) Millenium Falcon and Tie Advanced. The price (and I think it's a mis code) are only $4.98. I picked up the only Battle Star Galactica Titanium there for that price

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip. Picked up one of the Modal Nodes sets, there were still a few left. Odd that they were so far away from the other SW stuff. Another collector was there, and he had missed the Nodes. I probably woudl have as well if I hadn't known about them. They also had some of the newer battle packs (Ep 1 w/ Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Maul, droids; Ep 6 w/ Han, Lando, Fett, Luke, skiff guy; Ep 3 w/ Mace, Palpy, Jedi). These were on the bottom shelf of the main SW section.

They had some Tatooine stuff there if anyone missed those, including a few Sandtroopers. Also a Tat Luke, which I got excited about for a second, till I realized I was looking for Endor Luke. Heh.

Reaction score

Lakeline Target had 4 Shuttles this evening...I got one.

They also had a few of the Jedi vs. Sidious Battle Pack. Actually saw a few Commander Cody's on the pegs as well.

Reaction score

Went to the Wal-Mart 620/Lakeline last night. They had a good assortment of the Endor/Tatooine wave (all except Luke Endor)

The figures are not in the regular aisle. They were along the cosmetics/bathroom stuff on one of those 4 side shelf units.

Nothing else

Reaction score

For those looking for Imperial Shuttles, the Target at 620 & 2222 has over 30 of them. Look at the very top of the toy aisles.

Reaction score

Sorry this is late I do not have the internet at home as of yet (I live in the dark ages)

Anyway I was at thw Wal-Mart on 620/183 and I found 2 of the Nodes Tin sets I took one. They were not in the regular place.

Also not in the regular place were the Galactic heroes Battle Packs/Cinema Scenes?? They had all 4 cost is around $20 they look cool but I left them.

Looks like Wal-Mart is just sticking the Star Wars in any hole on the shelf that they can find.

Reaction score

San Marcos Target had a new wave of figures in this morning: I saw all of them (as listed on the back of the card), including holographic Cody, Maul Training, Clone Trooper Sargeant, camo battle droids, and the black R5-D4 droid.

Reaction score

Very cool, can't wait till that wave hits here in Austin

Reaction score

The new ships have been slowly making their way into the southern Walmarts. I picked up the AAT and hailfire droid at the slaughter/i35 walmart, way up on the overhead shelves. I left two on the shelves, and there was no sign of Dark Vader's Jedi Starfighter, however.

Strange to see spanking new ships hidden right above the same H&V and GB pegwarmers that have been clogging the shelves for the last 4 months. I have my doubts about whether the new figures will ever see shelfspace before the holidays are over.

Reaction score

30th Anniversary vehicles were at the 620/lakeline Wal-Mart I saw the Hailfire Droid and Darth's Starfighter

Nothing else new though

Reaction score

Jonathan71 said:
30th Anniversary vehicles were at the 620/lakeline Wal-Mart I saw the Hailfire Droid and Darth's Starfighter

Nothing else new though
Where were they? I went to look for them around 5:30 tonight, and I couldn't find a single vehicle (new or old). There wasn't even an empty space for them, on the off-chance that they would have sold out. I looked in every toy aisle and the endcaps around them.

Although they did have tons of Naboo/Endor wave figures. Both in the normal place and on one of the squares at the end of the aisle. I finally found a Luke Endor!

Reaction score

Where were they? I went to look for them around 5:30 tonight, and I couldn't find a single vehicle (new or old). There wasn't even an empty space for them, on the off-chance that they would have sold out. I looked in every toy aisle and the endcaps around them.

Although they did have tons of Naboo/Endor wave figures. Both in the normal place and on one of the squares at the end of the aisle. I finally found a Luke Endor!

[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 as I was passing the toy area on one of the pallets still waiting to be stocked...

I did not go into the aisles I assumed they were stocked in the aisle. I guess they only received 1 case or something and they never made it to the shelfs.

Reaction score

Big score in Houston this week.

Was at the Target connected to Memorial City Mall, and they had the entire new wave on the pegs. I'm guessing they were just stocked, because it was the middle of the day, and they had them all. I grabbed the clones (AOTC Sergant, ROTS 442nd and 5th Fleet), and saw holo Cody, black droid, camo battle droids, and camo super battle droid. A mother got Chewie, and I didn't see training maul or swimtime Kit.

On my way out of town this morning, I stopped in at the Target just south of Katy Mills, and they had a bunch of new stuff. Grabbed Endor Luke, and saw holo Maul, podracers, and both Endor troopers.

I also saw at a Wal-Mart the new Titaniums. Grabbed an AOTC Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter with hyperspace ring.

Good haul, and I'd expect to see these here really soon.

Reaction score

I've been finding stuff in Houston like crazy too. The last three weekends I've been there and found all of the 2nd endor wave at the TRU in Katy (luke, both troopers, pod racers, naboo guy, naboo soldier, etc). Maybe we'll get a little better selection too. BTW, went to the RR and Palmer Ln Marts yesterday, both SW sections were looking pretty beat up and messy. Looked for the new vehicles but could not find them.

Reaction score

The Walmart at i35/Slaughter now has a ton of the Hailfire Droids and AAT's. Like before, they are hidden on the overhead shelves, partially concealed behind shelfwarmers, so you will probably need to get a sales associate to grab them. When I looked at them this morning, there was about 8 of each. Still no Darth Vader's sith starfigher, though.

Has anybody seen any of the black jedi starfighters anywhere lately? And do any of the TRU's have any of the big-winged Tie-fighters left? I missed those when they were out.

Reaction score

Lakeline TRU this morning had 4-5 each of the Hailfire droids and AAT tanks. No Sith starfighters there, either. They also had all 3 of the new Unleashed Battlepack scenes.

Reaction score

Found some new stuff this morning. Lakeline Target had Clone Wars Kit Fisto, Sith Training Darth Maul, Chewbacca w/ C-3PO, Fifth Fleet Security (white w/ blue stripes), R5-J2 (black astromech) and Holographic Commander Cody. Lakeline Wal-Mart had the Hailfire Droid, AAT, and Darth Vader's Sith Starfighter.

Reaction score

I found a lone Swimtime Kit Fisto at Round Rock Target. A few Death Star Troopers, Sandtroopers, and Windu Battle Packs were there too. Left everything. No shuttles in sight.

Reaction score

Lots of shock troopers at the Walmart on Mopac/290/71 in south austin. nothing new though around that area.

Reaction score

Lakeline TRU this morning had all 3 of the new Comic Book 2-packs. Probably 2-3 of each one.

Reaction score

I think the MSRP for the comic packs is $9.99, but I'm not sure if TRU would mark it up or not.

Reaction score

Saw 2 Imperial Shuttles at the Four Points Target yesterday, if you're still looking for it...

Los

Reaction score

Saw about 6 Imperial Shuttles on the end cap at Target Capitol Plaza. They are on the end cap opposite the main aisle.

Los

Reaction score

Our shipment of Internet Republic Commandos will arrive on Thursday. If anyone want to pick one up on Thursday or Friday before we close for Xmas, let me know.

Reaction score

>>Our shipment of Internet Republic Commandos will arrive on Thursday. If anyone want to pick one up on Thursday or Friday before we close for Xmas, let me know.

Hi, Los:

That's great news, as it would save me about $10 off of the EE shipping prices. I'd love to pick one up, but don't see any email address from you. Would I have to pre-order one online at your site, or could I just swing by there to grab one?

Status
Not open for further replies.