Austin, Texas Finds (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Los

Reaction score
Re: Austin Area Finds

I was at Target Capitol Plaza today and there are a bunch of Snow Speeders there, as well as Kit Fisto's Starfighter. Both on the end cap as you approach the toys.

Reaction score

I stopped by the Target on Ohlen/183 on the way home last night. They had 4 Snowspeeders... I took one.

Nothing else new

Reaction score

I was at the Louis Hanna Wal-Mart Saturday, and they have a HUGE amount of figures. GB/Endor 1 en masse, especially GB. You could build you own Shocktrooper legion from what I saw! Also saw Battle of Carkoon set, and Ep. III tin.

Reaction score

GroundskeeperWillie said:
Eps 1-3 tins are at South Lamar TRU--several of each. I passed on them--can't bring myself to drop $30 each on these tins for figures I basically already have.
Youch! They're $30? I was thinking $20. I'm not sure those new clones are worth $30 to me. Well, so much for that. Maybe if it goes on clearance.

Reaction score

Don't know if you guys are aware or not, but HEBs in the area are stocking the Endor2 wave en masse. They're all over the place. The only figure not hitting yet is the black Endor soldier because the early case breakdowns of this wave have two white soldiers and no black ones. The black soldier will be worked into the wave later.

Reaction score

I bought one of the tins with the red R2 droid. The other three figs are repacks with no change in the sculpts. The Darth Maul thought is the SA version found in the evolutions sets from last year. It is one of the best Darth Maul figures out there. I now have a spare one if anyone is wanting to trade.

Reaction score

Really? My HEB's (mainly the Louis Henna one) haven't had anything new last time I checked, though that was a while ago. And mine at least went from having the cheapest figures ($5.88) to the most expensive ($6.99).

Reaction score

Got my Karnor Jax and Kir Cannos figs in the mail yesterday! Sweet figs. Nothing new to report out there, though I did see the E1 to E3 tins at the South TRU. Has anyone seen the E4, E5, or E6 ones yet?

Reaction score

Went to the Parmer area TRU on Sunday, nothing new there, but they did have plenty of AT-AT's, Gunships, and TIE's.

Reaction score

Found the Endor/Naboo wave at the Parmer/McNiel HEB. There was a Vadre, Naboo Soldier and the balck Naboo Soldier.

Reaction score

Hit the south TRU today after work. Pegs had old stuff, but some DS gunners, if anyone's still looking. Only the Ep 3 tin was left. No way is that clone worth $30 to me. Lots of the Dagobah X-Wings, AT-ATs, and Jedi starfighters.

Reaction score

I hit two HEB's this morning, Parmer/McNeil and 620/Anderson Mill. Between the two, I got all of the Endor wave except for the white Rebel soldier and Luke Endor.

Reaction score

Hit Lakeline Target about an hour ago. They had the Endor Vader, but nothing else from the wave. Pegs were full, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I suppose there's a case missing a Vader in the back, but who knows. Point is, I'd expect to start seeing these on the pegs soon. (Lakeline TRU had nothing new, but the free figure sale is going on. Also, some LEGO items are on sale, including $20 off the Arkham Asylum set.)

Both stores did have some of the recent Titanium stuff. Saw BSG Colonial One and Raptors, as well as Interceptors, B-Wings, etc.

Reaction score

I just realized I posted this wrong...I found both the Endor wave and the Naboo wave at these 2 HEB's, except for the two figures I mentioned.

GreyOwl said:
I hit two HEB's this morning, Parmer/McNeil and 620/Anderson Mill. Between the two, I got all of the Endor wave except for the white Rebel soldier and Luke Endor.

Reaction score

I hit south Austin yesterday and I'm disappointed in knowing that it may be a while before we see the endor wave at some stores. I checked out 3 WM's, all had an over excessive amount of H&V and Greatest Battles figures clogging up the pegs. If your looking for any of those figs, I can't see how any would be HTF. I'm yet to check any HEB's but I may end up doing the EE thing to get that series.

Reaction score

Found the Mace Windu Battle Pack at the Parmer/35 Target this morning.
They only had two - now one, and it's on the back endcap with all the Kit Fighters and Snowspeeders.

Reaction score

Okay! Forums are back up! Went to Lakeline Target and the Target on Lamar and 71 last night. Lamar had a spot for the Mace battle packs, but it had the gray sticker on it, and they weren't out. Lakeline didn't even have a spot for them. But suspiciously, on the endcap, there was a spot big enough for them, but it had lightsabers in it.

On a hunch, I went back to Lakeline Target this morning, and they had probably a dozen of the Mace battlepacks. I took one, but I think they had a shelf date of the first, so I'd check the Targets if you can, because I think this set is hitting hard today.

Reaction score

The Slaughter/IH35 WM had 5 Endor2/Naboo Basic Figure cases on the pallet to put out early this morning, but I do not know if more than onecase was packed out due to space considerations. Save for the Endor Soldiers, all other figures were available from the case.

Santos

Reaction score

Just went by Lakeline Target and picked up Mace Windu's Attack Battalion battle pack. Still 10 more left. They also have TONS of greatest hits figures, but no Endor or Naboo.

Reaction score

No Mace W. battle packs at the Capital Plaza or 183/Peyton/Ohlen Targets as of noon today, I'll check again tomorrow.

Reaction score

Didn't expect much, but I followed up at the Slaughter/35 'Mart tonight. All that was left were a couple Naboo soldiers, the Gungan, and an Obi-Wan. Tons of Greatest Battles, though. GB were on two endcaps and in the main area. They also had 3 of the Ep 3 tins at that 'Mart on the main toy aisle, but they were faced with the thin sides out, so I almost missed them. Since it was on the way home, I also stopped by the 'Mart just up the road right at 35/71, but there was nothing new there. They did have a bunch of the DVD sets on the back wall, if anyone missed those.

Either way, I'm happy to have gotten the Mace set at LL Target this morning. It's a great battle pack, and those clones are really sharp.

Reaction score

I bet the stocker ended up not packing out the other basic figure cases I saw on the pallet in the aisle at the Slaughter WM.

Too bad- sorry about that!

Santos

Reaction score

No big deal. I wasn't expecting to find them. I don't think that the figures I want from those cases will be hard to find.

Reaction score

Picked up one of the Mace squadron battle packs at Lakeline Target. Still 4 left.
Thanks for the info on them.

Los

Reaction score

Here is a snippet from our recent newsletter in case any of you locals are going to ACE this weekend.

11.02.06 - Austin Collectors Expo November 4th & 5th

This weekend we will be at the Austin Collectors Expo (ACE). ACE is a local collectibles show with an emphasis in nostalgia. We will try to bring a little of everything that we have in-stock. Prices at the ACE will include Texas Sales Tax. Details on ACE can be found here.

LAFtoys.com

Reaction score

Los said:
Here is a snippet from our recent newsletter in case any of you locals are going to ACE this weekend.

11.02.06 - Austin Collectors Expo November 4th & 5th

This weekend we will be at the Austin Collectors Expo (ACE). ACE is a local collectibles show with an emphasis in nostalgia. We will try to bring a little of everything that we have in-stock. Prices at the ACE will include Texas Sales Tax. Details on ACE can be found here.

LAFtoys.com
when did people start charging sales tax on toys bought at these conventions/shows?

Reaction score

Went to Lakeline/620 Wal-Mart around 10:00 pm on Sat. I saw 1 or 2 of the Vader from the Endor/Naboo.

Also they had the new wave of Galactic Heroes

Went to HEB on 620/Anderson Mill on Sun and they had 1 Vader from the Naboo/Endor Wave

Reaction score

Nothing but Greatest Battles figures at Round Rock Wal-Mart and Target. WM is full of Shocktroopers and 501st though, if anyone needs some. No new Endor figures either.

The Target has the Mace BP as well, but they're all in the back. If anyone wants to spend their time getting an employee to get one, feel free, I chose not to. I didn't see any Snowspeeders or Kit Fisto Starfighters either.

Reaction score

The TRU in the Forum in North San Antonio had a full set of the Naboo/Endor 2 wave, with the black Endor Soldier variant.

In addition, there was a SA Clone Trooper from the H&V wave there as well. I know its a fifty mile drive from South Austin, but the TRU was empty and if you are in need of the figs they should be there when they open.

Santos

Reaction score

Finally! I picked up the Titanium Deluxe Falcon and Vader's TIE at the Lakeline TRU. Hopefully, Galactica and the Clone Trooper are soon to follow...

Reaction score

I grabbed that Galactica from Lakeline TRU this past weekend, leaving the Falcon. Did you open it? If so, did you notice you can pop off the little panel just forward of the quad-guns to reveal the couch and game table area? I thought that was a neat touch.

Reaction score

Haven't opened anything, but that sure is tempting. Good to know the Galactica is out there. I'll keep my eyes open.

Reaction score

Are these the larger size titanium series? Like the Arc 170 and snowspeeder I always see warming the shelf? I'm all about getting the galactica.

Reaction score

Yeah same scale. The Falcon/Galactica wave has been tough to find--I've only seen them twice, both times at TRU (one south Lamar, one Lakeline). The first time I bought the Falcon and left Galactica, but I regretted passing up on Galactica so got it the next time. Galactica is obviously tough to find--it's going for $40-$50 on the 'bay, which is nuts.

The only thing that bothers me about Galactica is that they gave it sort of a weird purple/pink patina that doesn't look right at all. Oh well.

Reaction score

Anyone seen anything lately? I have not been looking lately, but all I really need is the last endor wave. Believe it or not, I'd like to get a Naboo soldier if possible or maybe two.

Reaction score

I've still been seeing the last Endor wave and Naboo wave at HEB's around town. All except Luke Endor and the white Endor solder, for some reason. I still haven't found those two.

Letovx said:
Anyone seen anything lately? I have not been looking lately, but all I really need is the last endor wave. Believe it or not, I'd like to get a Naboo soldier if possible or maybe two.

Reaction score

I saw remnants at walgreens yesterday of the Endor Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.