Austin, Texas Finds (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay, since we passed the 500th post, I'm going ahead and opening up a new area.

Continue the discussions about TacOps, Geonosis, and the potential scalper/moocher problems!

Reaction score
Re: Austin, Texas Finds

1st Woohoo!

Went 5 of 6 today. Nice day overall. I was able to fill gaps in my collection. Here is what i bought and what i saw left.

Walmart Louis Henna and I35.
Brand new case of Wave 2 seemed to of been stocked this AM. Saw 11 total figures. only one missing was vader. I bought an R2 I needed.

General Veers with Removable Armor and blaster 2
Major Bren Derlin 2
AT-AT Driver with blaster 2
Snowtrooper with blaster 2
General Rieekan with blaster 1
Power Droid with Assistant Droid and scanning accessories 1

Walmart at I35 and Parmar (Finally got a vader)
General Veers with Removable Armor and blaster 2
Major Bren Derlin 2
AT-AT Driver with blaster 2
General Rieekan with blaster 1
Power Droid with Assistant Droid and scanning accessories 1

Sears Grand(yes Sears!) Parmar and I35(Chewie)
Princess Leia - Boushh Disguise 2
Han Solo - Carbonite 2
Bib Fortuna 2
Barada - Skiff Guard 2

TRU I35 and Parmar (got a titanium vader w00T!)
Darth Vader with lightsaber 1
General Veers with Removable Armor and blaster 6
Major Bren Derlin 6
AT-AT Driver with blaster 1
Snowtrooper with blaster 2
General Rieekan with blaster 3

Power Droid with Assistant Droid and scanning accessories 3
Other notables (VOTC calrissian) pretty much all the titanium mini vehichles

Target I35 and Parmar nada
had baradas and Bibs

Hope this helps!!!

Reaction score

I may get banned for this, but if you guys are worried about scalpers, head over to JediDefender.com and post findings. They're store reports section is invisible to non members, and if they see someone lurking but never contributing, they give them the boot. A fantastic idea, to say the least.

Reaction score

ROTS Sneak preview Wookie at Wallgreens on Wells Branch and Mopac/burnett

Los

Reaction score

I registered and found that the thread for Austin has not been updated since 8/2003!

Reaction score

Nothing new in South Austin today except a few of the titanium fetts and vaders. I think I'm going to pass on them though.

Reaction score

I am passing on the Titanium as well. They are pretty sharp looking, but at $15 a pop, they are a little pricey for me.

Reaction score

I'm with you guys; the titanium ships are nice, but the figures aren't worth it.

Hit TRU at 360/Lamar at lunch. Nothing. Not sure that they'll restock like the Parmer TRU did. Multipack pegs were half full. Reguar figures were all Carkoon.

Reaction score

Hit that TRU again this morning at opening. Same story as yesterday.

Reaction score

Saw a Saga 2006 Vader and R2 at Wallgreens on Metric and Parmer.
Same stuff at TRU on parmar.
Walmart on Parmar and 35 had nothing.
Target on 35 by parmar had nothing.

Still waiting to find a Fett Titanium(reg or silver) and vader (silver). no luck so far though. I just keep going to hopefully find a scorch or clone for my opener set.

Reaction score

shysty said:
Still waiting to find a Fett Titanium(reg or silver) and vader (silver). no luck so far though. I just keep going to hopefully find a scorch or clone for my opener set.
I'm fairly certain I have seen both types at the Target on 183/Ohlen Rd if that helps your search

Reaction score

I saw them once at the Lakeline Target. It was sometime last week.

Reaction score

They have a load of Titanium Vaders and Fetts at the TRU on Parmer/35 today

letovx

Reaction score

Lakeline Target had some remnants of what appears to have been a case of Hoth and a case of Geonosis.
They had Yoda, C-3PO head, R2-D2, a couple AT-AT Drivers, and a few other ones, but definitely not the hard-to-find ones.

They also had two coloured Titanium Fetts and Vaders for those who may still be looking.

Reaction score

Found titanium fett and vader. Both vintage and regular, at tru lakeline. Still like 2 of each left. Posting from a sidekick ftw. :p

Reaction score

Nothing at the Capital Plaza Target this morning.

Reaction score

Stopped at the Wal-Mart at 35 and 71 today. I didn't even know this place existed, especially with the 'Mart right there at 35 and Slaughter... Anyway, nothing, of course. Saw a Sun Fac, so I know that they were there for a while...

Reaction score

I checked the Parmer/I-35 Wal-Mart and Target today...nothing except for a General Rieekan at Target.

Reaction score

Nothing at Capital Plaza Target this morning.

Reaction score

Saw really nothing today. Did see a Titianium Galactic Hunt Slave 1 at the Target on 2222/4 Points

I left there b/c I dont collect those!!

Reaction score

hi everybody --- i've got my eyes peeled for the coruscant wave but have seen nothing so far --- anyone get luck anywhere or see any clues that it showed up somewhere?

Reaction score

I think it's probably too soon to see this wave in Austin just yet, based on past history. Some specific stores haven't even put out Geonosis wave yet! Has anyone even seen the refresh wave, the one with 3 Scorch's and 3 Utapau Clones?

Reaction score

based on what i found out this morning -- i dont think that is entirely true
-- went to target -- william cannon -- nothing but ran into a collector who has foun all but 2 from the coruscant wave in the targets over the past week!
--- man my heart sunk ---- all i can do is keep looking but i think i am going to order a case from EE -- that way i know i have a really good chance of getting a set

Reaction score

So are the refresh cases being shipped simultaneously with the Coruscant cases? I thought they would be one after the other, but maybe I'm wrong.

Reaction score

I went ahead and ordered the Coruscant wave from EE. I can't keep wasting gas driving around to look for figs. I'ts way cheaper for me to slap down $79.00 for 12 figures and I'm guaranteed to get them all plus extra. Once I get the wave in I'll post to see if anyone wants to buy extras at retail price.
I still have never seen a Scorch or Utapau trooper and have probably put 150 miles on my car looking. That's alot of $$$$$$$$$ for gas just for them.

Reaction score

Letovx said:
I went ahead and ordered the Coruscant wave from EE. I can't keep wasting gas driving around to look for figs. I'ts way cheaper for me to slap down $79.00 for 12 figures and I'm guaranteed to get them all plus extra. Once I get the wave in I'll post to see if anyone wants to buy extras at retail price.
I still have never seen a Scorch or Utapau trooper and have probably put 150 miles on my car looking. That's alot of $$$$$$$$$ for gas just for them.
I was going to do this too. But I could not find a wave that had the complete run in it.

However I stopped by the Ohlen/183 location and scanned a Anakin from the Coruscant wave. And there was a case in the back. Asked an employee to get it and he did.

I got everything except a Dofine. There was one Galactic Hunt figure nothing special really.

So the Coruscant wave is in.

Reaction score

That's true. That's because Hasbro's concept of a "wave" doesn't correspond directly to a "case" (not always, anyway). Sometimes a wave spance multiple cases, which include figures from previous waves. Letovx, which case did you order?

Reaction score

my friend just ordered Wave 4 Rev. 4
is that the best one?

Reaction score

I ordered Wave 4 Rev 4, the only figure not in there from the Coruscant Wave is the Obi Wan. Something tells me he'll be easy to find though.

Reaction score

Just checked several stores this morning:
Lakeline Wal-Mart - couple of Hoth figures
Lakeline TRU - lots of Hoth and Carkoon, some 2-packs
Cedar Park Wal-Mart - nothing at all
Lakeline Target - lots of Hoth, remnants of Geonosis and Coruscant wave. Picked up Lushros and Grievous.

Reaction score

So did they tell you when it would ship? I've heard that EE is kind of slow, shipping up to a month or more after the wave appears in stores. But I've never ordered a case from them, so I don't know if that's accurate.

Letovx said:
I ordered Wave 4 Rev 4, the only figure not in there from the Coruscant Wave is the Obi Wan. Something tells me he'll be easy to find though.

Reaction score

Yeah, I got up to Lakeline Target about quarter after 8.
They had:
2x Obi-wan
2x Grievous
2x Nemodoidian Guy
Plus some Geonosis (Jango!), Hoth (Vader!), and Carkoon (Boba!). I'm guessing it was part of a refresh case, or something.
Anyhoo, I picked up one of each of the Coruscant wave for a buddy, and an Obi-wan for me.
When I was checking out, the checker made comment that there was a lot of SW figures being bought that morning, so I'm assuming someone hit the store before I did.

They also had 2x Galactic Hunt Titanium Slave I's, one of which I bought.

P.S. Hooray for soft-goods!

Reaction score

Target at 35/Parmer had the same refresher case assortment on their pegs, minus the Coruscant wave members, of course.

They also had the new Palpy/Red Shock Trooper Galactic Heroes 2-pack, for anyone out there that collects them.
I was tempted, myself.

Reaction score

GreyOwl said:
So did they tell you when it would ship? I've heard that EE is kind of slow, shipping up to a month or more after the wave appears in stores. But I've never ordered a case from them, so I don't know if that's accurate.

Letovx said:
Should ship in April according to my e-mail confirmation. No hurry though, I've got the confirmation # and there pretty good at making sure it gets to me. Still saves me alot of gas and time instead of driving all over town with nothing to show for it.
ltvx

Reaction score

Yeah, I agree. No hurry. Let us know how it works out when you actually get it. I'm thinking about doing this as well.

Letovx said:
GreyOwl said:

Letovx said:
Should ship in April according to my e-mail confirmation. No hurry though, I've got the confirmation # and there pretty good at making sure it gets to me. Still saves me alot of gas and time instead of driving all over town with nothing to show for it.
ltvx

Reaction score

Speaking of ordering cases, it seems almost like a no-brainer to order a case of the VSTC figures from New Force Comics . They have a case of 5 figures, 1 of each, so no duplicates. And it comes to $10 per figure (before shipping, which is $6.95), probably the same or cheaper than retail. Or they have a case of 10 (2 of each figure) that comes out even cheaper per figure.

Reaction score

Forgot to post this... Went to the Target on 71/Manchaca last night at about 8:00. Only 2 Cliffs to be found, but it looks like they haven't restocked in a while, so maybe they'll get Coruscant in soon.

Follow up: Went again this morning in case they restocked last night. They didn't.

Los

Reaction score

Before anyone orders cases/sets...PM me first!

Reaction score

nothing new at Lakeline Wal Mart or TRU.

Hey GreyOwl have you dealt with New Force before and if so how reliable are they?

Reaction score

When POTJ and the first Saga wave came out I ordered all my cases through New Force Comics. They are really reliable and the cases are shipped double boxed. I never had a damaged one. When OTC and ROTS came out they seemed to quit ordering figures so I quit getting cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.