Austin, Texas Finds (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Geonesian Wave Coming

Hoth wave at Cedar Park and Lakeline/620 Wal-Marts. Looks like they both still have all of the figures. Still no sign of Geonosis.

Reaction score

Nice two packs in chicago. I went by the TRU on Parmer/35, nothing there. Nor anything at the Target. I guess I have a reason to go to TRU again.

Reaction score

I hit the Capital Plaza and the 183/Ohlen Rd Targets at lunch. No sign of Geonosis.

Reaction score

hello i have a extra scorch in trade for a standing vader anyone interested p.m.me.

Reaction score

man, what is the deal????
while we sit here with nothing (geonosian) houston and dallas are already getting their 2nd supply!

I do not understand the retail business and their supply chain.

Reaction score

Still nothing at the Parmer locations.

Reaction score

Hit Lakeline 'Mart tonight. They still had Hoth there. Several Cliffs, Veers, and a couple snowtroopers.

Reaction score

nothing this morning
- i noticed that San Antonio WM's also received a single case of hoth
-- we must be in a market group with sa - they also have not received geonosis
-- i noticed that florida just got them in yesterday
--- maybe we are considered 'sub south' and houston and dallas and killeen (?) are 'south' -- im hoping that we are grouped with florida -- may be we will see them by monday.

----- don't take me too seriously --- this is my main hobby but i do other things besides worry about toy shipments!
-- it's just -- i get such a kick out of the little things (meaning the 3.75" figs) -- i never collected these until this past may. when i was a kid i was always disappointed with the action figures - they never really looked like the people they were portraying -- at least, not in my opinion. so they never interested me. but these days, most are very good. i always had a soft spot for highly detailed miniatures -- like the models and dioramas you'd see at the mission exhibits in san antonio. they really captured my imagination. so when the ROTS stuff came out, i took another look and even though some of the figures in that line are pretty bad, many are quite good. -- i saw the clone with the removable helmet (tank gunner) on the back of one of the packages and man, had to have it! always liked removable helmets. --(it actually took me until mid summer to find him!) The thing that really got my attention was anakin's starfighter. i really like the design of that ship -- i was impressed with the toy --- the weathering and the accuracy in the ship details ---- even the cockpit was suprisingly good for a toy! that got me started and well --- here i am fretting over when i can get the next piece of detailed plastic! the best part is i'm just starting out so everything is new -- i don't have anything ---- well i have a few things now but --- you get my drift. every figure is a new discovery for me. anyways, i've rambled on quite enough!

- eronel

Reaction score

I know that all Target stores in Texas are supplied by the same distribution center (T-578) in Tyler, TX. I should know, I used to work there as a warehouse supervisor. I hated the place with a passion. I don't know why some places are getting the Geo wave in Texas and some not. It depends on the pick and what the code is for the pallets of figures are (different than the DPCI). Also clearing out warehouse locations first (FIFO). Oh, well, we can only guess when they will pull and get here.

checked the Parmer Target at 8:15, nothing new. Same with the TRU, went looking for the multi-packs.

Reaction score

Nothing new today, except that I did find a little Hoth @ the Slaughter/I35 WM. I hadn't been there in weeks - thought they had stopped selling the line altogether.

Reaction score

eronel - you should check out the Gunship. That has to be one of my absolute favorites. Once you get all of your clones loaded up it looks really awesome.

Lakeline Target still has squat.

Reaction score

Went to Lakeline and 4 Points Target this AM they had nothing new out.

Read a report on Yakface.com that someone in El Paso found the newer Mega Packs at Toys R Us... so they are getting closer.

Reaction score

Nothing at the Petyon Ohlen or Capital Plaza Target this AM.

Reaction score

well well ---- surprise surprise ... nothing
well, i did find something that some of us may want :
suncoast video in barton creek mall has 8 of the 'hunt for the millenium falcon' bounty hunter set --- it is 34.99figures do look good -- nice paint -- but all are repacks[
-- new star wars insider is on the stands -- yoda on the cover

mega 2 packs not at TRU yet
-- suncoast also has the mini darth vader bust from gentle giant -- 44.99 -- very nice
thats about it for today
-eronel

Reaction score

Nothing new at Parmer TRU, Parmer Target, Parmer WM, Round Rock WM, or Round Rock Target. RR WM did have Early Bird sets on clearance for $19 if anybody wants one... they'll have to go much lower for me to bite.

Reaction score

New Braunfels WM has several on clearance for $10 each.

Santos

Reaction score

Well, I thought I'd hit a store not many people seem to be checking - Target at 620 and 2222. No luck, just a few Carkoon figures.

Reaction score
Wake up! Geonosis is here!

well fellow austin scummers ---- i scored this morning
-- geonosis has hit the Targets -- looks like 2 cases.
persistence paid off --- these are my favorites so far -- very nice!
good luck out there!

Reaction score
Re: Wake up! Geonosis is here!

Just checked Target at I-35/Parmer - only thing from Geonosis was Yoda. Target at I-35/1325 had nothing.

Reaction score

when i went out i visited 3 and all hd them
w cannon/35
capitol plaza
ohlen and 183

--- when hoth hit it was the same --- i think it may have taken another 1-3 days for other locations -- wal mart followed a week later --- i have a feeling we will see more later this week

Reaction score

Target Lakeline had quite a few Sun Fac, Poggle the Lessers, Yodas, and C-3PO's. The more coveted of the wave were already gone.

Reaction score

I also was out this morning and I just got back from the hunt. I found all Geonosis this morning at the Petyon Ohlen Target (minus Scorch) I finally foud that at the 4 Points Target. (the designation on the card is BLUE and says EXPANDED UNIVERSE)

Variations collectors watch for the C-3PO/Battle Droid head switch I did find both out there.

I went from New Braunfels to Parmer Ln and everu Target had the Geonosis wave... Wal-Mart did not

Toys R Us did not have the Mega Packs

Reaction score

Keep checking with TRU! The Killeen store had the MegaBuy packs this AM! And yes, they did have Tac Ops( & one Wook Heavy Gunner, which I took
)!

Reaction score

picked up a poggle and sun fac at the capital plaza target, that is all that is left, one each. I was going to stop by there this morning on my first break, but passed.....Oh well, such is the hunt.

Reaction score

Hit the Target at Lamar/360 at about 7:00 tonight. Like others are reporting, only the remnants are left. A few Poggles, a few Suns, one Threepio, a couple Yodas. I passed on them all.

Hit the TRU next door for good measure. Nothing of note there. Plenty of Carkoon if you missed that, and they're on sale for $5. Also plenty of Mon Mothmas and Bail Organas there, since I know they were short packed.

Reaction score

Just hit Lakeline Target. Nothing new. 1 3PO, a couple Yodas, and a couple Poggles.

Reaction score

Went by the Target at La Frontera (off 1325 in RR). No new figures, however, they did have two clone pilots (which I needed for my ROTS republic gunship). I took them to the register not knowing the price, and they rung up for $1.18 each, what a deal!!!!!! I was about to trade or buy them on line too.
Nothing at the Walmart across the street either.

Reaction score

Good deal for you! Though they're being re-released with that Greatest Hits ROTS collection.

Reaction score

I doubt they'll be $1.18 when they re-release!

Reaction score

Ran up to Georgetown this evening...Walmart had nothing, and Target had a few Geonosis leftovers (same ones y'all saw). Picked up a Sun Fac.

Reaction score

Nothing new at Cedar Park Wal-MartM or the 183/35 Wal-Mart this AM.

Reaction score

The Wal-Mart at 35/183 area had nothing new along the lines of figures. They even took out the peg space for small figures

Reaction score

Just got back from the Lakeline Toys 'R Us. They have no Geonosis, but they do have every Carkoon and Hoth figure, except for Boba Fett. They also have a bunch of the ROTS Two-Packs, including several with Tarkin and Tactical Ops Troopers.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info, no Tac Ops multi packs but I did finally get an Ask Aak. There were some MP's with Gree, yellow and green clone commanders, and AT-RT drivers. Lots of Ask Aak and Tarkins too. Just no Tac Ops figs, someone must have got them quick. The only Hoth figure not there (and the one I'm still looking for) was the Vader. There were plenty of the Veers and others.

Reaction score

Damn. I'm stuck at work now. My GF was really sweet and checked TRU for me, but there were none there when she got there. She was probably there about the same time Letovx was there.

Reaction score

Figured I'd give the south TRU (at Lamar/360) a try. They had the 2-packs on display, but, of course, all the TacOps clones were gone. I was kind of upset because I could have hit them when they opened this morning, but didn't want to be late for work. Turns out it wouldn't have mattered about being late because the office was closed anyway.

Anyone have a clue if TRU is getting more shipments of these sets? Probably not since the rest will just pegwarm.

Reaction score

Nothing at the Parmer/I35 TRU or Target. Looks like the Mega packs have not got to that TRU yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.