Austin, Texas Finds #2

Reaction score
I'm so sick of WM! They say they price match, but ALWAYS find some reason not to. 3rd time this month. They wouldn't honor the HEB ad or yellow coupon. I saw the Rishi Moon & 2 Gelagrub BP at Southpark this after noon. They have figures for $6. I paicked up several CW figs at various HEBs that I had passed on. Got another Matchstick wave that I will be returning to WM tomorrow. They will HAVE to return them with reciepts. I can't let those [censored] win

Reaction score
Picked up Matchstick and a Clone Tank Gunner at the Wal-Mart in Buda. They had a ton of figures from earlier waves: Echo, Denal, Kit Fitso, etc. I'm going to try the Wal-Mart in San Marcos for Captain Argyus this week.

Reaction score
Frequency said:
Picked up Matchstick and a Clone Tank Gunner at the Wal-Mart in Buda. They had a ton of figures from earlier waves: Echo, Denal, Kit Fitso, etc. I'm going to try the Wal-Mart in San Marcos for Captain Argyus this week.
Are you talking about the one near Cabela's? I stopped in that one around 2pm today, they had nothing new beyond the Ambush four pack, two clones, Plo, and a space droid. All of the rest of the stuff was pegwarmmers or I already had it.

How many of the Tank Gunners and Matchsticks were there to start with?

Reaction score
Karagin said:
Frequency said:
Are you talking about the one near Cabela's? I stopped in that one around 2pm today, they had nothing new beyond the Ambush four pack, two clones, Plo, and a space droid. All of the rest of the stuff was pegwarmmers or I already had it.

How many of the Tank Gunners and Matchsticks were there to start with?
That's the one. Those two were the only ones I found and they were at the back of the peg. I think perhaps someone put them there and planned to come back and get them. I never did see the Argyus wave there, maybe it will come in later.

Reaction score
Ghetto WM (Cameron/183) now has a four-sided SW display. Picked up Colton, Kolar, and Utai yesterday, as well as two Matchsticks. Seems like a good location to keep an eye on.

KBD3

Reaction score
Karagin said:
Thanks...still on the look out for Matchstick.
As of 2pm on 12/9 -- there were 2 Matchsticks at the WM on 183/Cameron.

KBD3

Reaction score
The San Marcos, TX Wal-Mart has a ton of Clone Wars figures in the toy aisle and a display toward the front of the store. The only figures missing from the past two waves were Captain Argyus and Luminara. There were several Matchsticks, Clone Tank Gunners, Ahsokas, etc. Picked up Padme, Ziro's assassin droid, and AAT Battle droid while I was there. The Target in San Marcos has no Clone Wars singles but there are a few vehicles.

Reaction score
Walmart at Slaughter has 4 Matchsticks left as of 2pm today. They had full shelves and a two Capt. Argly (sorry about the spelling). They had one clone and slug package.

Target down the street from Wally had well a mix of things but didn't have much beyond the Kai Concept wave.

Reaction score
Heads up guys, Wal-Mart is having a 50% off sale on a bunch of things until February 4. It's probably a regional/store-by-store thing, but I can confirm that the Lakeline Wal-Mart had the following on sale today:

- Evolution Sets ($12.48)
- Octuparra Droid ($17.50)
- "Under the Helmet" 2 packs ($6 and change)
- Turbo Tank ($49.98)

I only snagged both of the exclusive Pilot Evo sets but I might consider a Turbo Tank if I can find the room. Sadly the AT-STs and Dewbacks were not on sale either.

Reaction score
Haven't seen these in Austin yet, but over at the Bastrop Wal-Mart, saw some of the YVH wave. Plo Koon w/ double lightsaber, Utai, Jeremoch Colton, and Agin Kolar. Over in Columbus, I saw snowspeeder Luke and Bespin Security. UPDATE: Found Agen, Plo, and Zuckuss at the Wal-Mart on MoPac and 71.

<s>I just realized I never saw the TPM wave. If it's out anywhere, and anyone sees the Obi-Wan from that, let me know.</s> UPDATE: Mere hours after posting this, I found it in one of the 2-for-1 packs at the Target on MoPac and 71. Yay!

Also, not Star Wars related, I dragged my heels and missed buying the Temple of Doom mine cart LEGO set. It was everywhere, and now it's nowhere. If anyone sees it, even at price-hiked TRU, let me know where.

Thanks, Austin 'scummers!

Reaction score
I'm looking for those BOGOF 2 packs but I haven't seen them in North Austin (Pflugerville/Round Rock) yet. Has anyone seen them in abundance around Austin?

Also I'll keep an eye out for the Temple of Doom set. It's also online at LEGO's website but appears to be on backorder at the moment. I've bought plenty of LEGO stuff online, and it's a great option if you can't find anything locally.

Reaction score
I checked the LEGO site, and saw the back order, but I'd be surprised if those orders can be filled. I'll go that route if I can't find it. Though LEGO's online outlet is a great resource.

This was the first I saw them in Austin. I saw some when I went to the 'Mart in Bastrop, but IIRC, it was all Legends repacks there. Didn't see them in Houston, so I was surprised to see these here.

Though it should be noted that they are NOT for MOC collectors. They're taped together, and the bit that talks about it being a BOGO is a big sticker that's stuck directly on the packages. I can't see any way to get them out of there without damaging the cardbacks. But if you're an opener and don't care, then they're a great way to get some figures for cheap.

Reaction score
Hey Afact, I saw some of those BOGOF packs today at the Capital Plaza Target and the Tech Ridge Target. I think the Capital Plaza had more than the other.

Oh, and I scored an AT-ST for $22 (50% off) yesterday at the Georgetown Walmart. I think there was one more on the shelf.

Reaction score
The Buda, TX Wal-Mart has a ton of Clone Wars single carded figures up through the Matchstick/Padme wave. Also, there are a lot of vehicles and a few of the Yoda-Jek exclusive two-packs on clearance for $6.48.

Reaction score
I scored black Bespin Guard, Willrow Hood, Zuckuss, and Luke Hoth at Lakeline WM last week -- but after daily searches high and low in the surrounding area -- no more sign of those. I still have not seen Concept IG-88 or the new Cody. Wondering if I ever will...

Reaction score
I've only managed to hit a few Walmarts after work (I work 3p to midnight), and have yet to find ANYTHING on clearance. I've checked Tech Ridge, Pfluggerville, Round Rock and Cedar Park. How are the other stores faring?

Gonna try a few Targets tomorrow...

Reaction score
infallible said:
Though it should be noted that they are NOT for MOC collectors. They're taped together, and the bit that talks about it being a BOGO is a big sticker that's stuck directly on the packages. I can't see any way to get them out of there without damaging the cardbacks. But if you're an opener and don't care, then they're a great way to get some figures for cheap.
I found a way to get the BOGO stickers off with ZERO damage to the card. Use a hair dryer. I used my wife's hair dryer and heat up the outside of the sticker. The glue inside warms up and becomes easy to peel off, leaving the card intact.

I've done this a couple times and there was absolutely zero card damage.

Reaction score
Picked up a CW Hondo Ohnaka at the TRU on N. 35. He was lonely with out the rest of his pals. Haven't seen anything new in ages. Saw the Woodrow Hood wave a few days ago in San Marcos WM... not a LC collector.

Reaction score
This has got to be THE crappiest window for figure hunters...EVER!

I haven't found anything new at all in weeks. And with the sheer numbers of lame ass Legacy figures warming the pegs -- it is going to be MONTHS before anything else is shipped.

This sucks.

KBD3

Reaction score
And every time we point out the problem to Hasbro they point fingers at the stores, saying they ordered too many of those figures or some other lame excuse.

Some body keeps buy the Legends pegwarmmers, before I headed off to Germany I noticed some stores had less then they did before the holidays.

Reaction score
kbd3 said:
This has got to be THE crappiest window for figure hunters...EVER!

I haven't found anything new at all in weeks. And with the sheer numbers of lame ass Legacy figures warming the pegs -- it is going to be MONTHS before anything else is shipped.

This sucks.

KBD3
I haven't seen anything new in San Marcos, Kyle, or south Austin since December. The problem is not Clone Wars figures, they have always arrived eventually, but I can never find JLU. Entire waves have missed this area.

Reaction score
Hey guys go check the local ROSS stores, the one in Killeen had the Jokers EE set on sale as well as some of the Legacy EVO pilot sets. Might be worth checking out.

Reaction score
I found the AT-RT , Skiff, and Cody w/ bike today at the WM on 35 & 183. No new figures. Lotsa chicken walkers on clearance.

Found the CW Aayla, Bly, Hondo. Jek wave at Target Southpark this afternoon. Still a few left

Reaction score
The AT-RT, Skiff, and Cody w/speeder bike are in stock at the Buda, TX Wal-Mart. No new figures.

Reaction score
Same thing at Cameron WM. Useless.

There will never be any new figures in Austin again ever...

UGH!

KBD3

Reaction score
Hung_Solow said:
Found the CW Aayla, Bly, Hondo. Jek wave at Target Southpark this afternoon. Still a few left
YOU'RE KIDDING!!!

UGH!!!

KBD3

Reaction score
The Target in Kyle, TX has at least two each of Wave 1 2010. Also, they have two each of the new Marvel Universe Secret Wars packs.

Reaction score
Doesn't get much lamer...

I have my 7-year-old son 50% of the time all the time (which sucks...) and he is a SW nut like his dad. He came to dad's house today for the first time in 5 days and saw I had a Bly and really wanted one so I said, okay let's go hunt one down. Went to the Lakeline Target, nope, Lakeline WM, nope, then to the Arboretum Target -- and there, sitting on top of the ships was a Bly card with the bubble ripped off and the figure GONE (same thing with a Rex).

So my son got to learn a valuable lesson about how lame stealing is -- and I'm especially glad he learned how lame it is by not doing the stealing and getting caught for it. Now he'll remember going to hunt for a figure and not getting it because some lame ass stole it.

So we got home and I let him open my carded one. I figure I'll find another one at some point.

Who steals SW figures? 12-year-olds maybe? I told the dude at the store but of course I got the "what do you want me to do about it" vibe.

KBD3

Reaction score
GroundskeeperWillie said:
If you're still looking for a Bly, the whole wave was at Lakeline Target as of the end of the day yesterday.
I've seen the entire wave at Target in South Park Meadows and Kyle, TX. Any sign of Wave 2 in the Austin area?

Reaction score
I found CW wave 2 at San Marcos Wal Mart this morning. Just 1 set. Also saw the LC Jermoch Colton there.

I like the Darh Sidious figure the best. His head is fully sculpted, but his hood is glued on. I'm trying to remove the hood using the hot water method, but it's a challenge. No knee articulation, but a nice animated sculpt that reminds me of the old animated figures. Thi-Sen is also very cool. Not crazy about Anikin, TX-20, or the reduced articulation Cmdr. Stone.

Reaction score
Hung_Solow said:
I found CW wave 2 at San Marcos Wal Mart this morning. Just 1 set. Also saw the LC Jermoch Colton there.

I like the Darh Sidious figure the best. His head is fully sculpted, but his hood is glued on. I'm trying to remove the hood using the hot water method, but it's a challenge. No knee articulation, but a nice animated sculpt that reminds me of the old animated figures. Thi-Sen is also very cool. Not crazy about Anikin, TX-20, or the reduced articulation Cmdr. Stone.
I'm going to try there tomorrow. Perhaps they re-stocked over the weekend. If not, will hit up South Park this week. Wal-Mart in Buda has had absolutely nothing in weeks.

Reaction score
You guys SUCK! Austin proper is DEAD. I'm almost resigned to just waiting 3 months for the ANCIENT stock to turn over -- and I am doubtful that it ever will. There are still multiples of figures from 2008 on the shelves. It is pathetic.

KBD3

Reaction score
kbd3 said:
You guys SUCK! Austin proper is DEAD. I'm almost resigned to just waiting 3 months for the ANCIENT stock to turn over -- and I am doubtful that it ever will. There are still multiples of figures from 2008 on the shelves. It is pathetic.

KBD3
Hold on there high speed, it is not us the collectors that suck, lets' look at the prices, along with fact that the stores won't stock the shelves with new items if they don't have room, but they won't put the old stuff on sale either. I am not going to buy Jedi or Sith figures that are not the focus of my collecting. I do buy the clones and the other interesting figures that appeal to what I am looking for. If you want the crap off the shelves then buy some of it and give it away to kids or drop it off at Goodwill. Then there might be room on the shelves. With the stores raising the prices and Hasbro ignoring that as a fact in why certain things don't sell very well we are stuck with what we have.

Reaction score
I don't have anything good to report in the Austin area. The Wal-Marts in South Park Meadows and San Marcos, TX re-stocked with all of the earlier waves; they both have at least one of every figure through the Padme/Matchstick wave! Hopefully someone will pick these up or there will never be anything new.

The Wal-Mart in Buda is clogged with 2008 Clone Wars and Legacy figures but only a few of the red carded ones remain. The good news is they have some empty pegs, which may warrant a re-stock with newer figures.

I'm hoping Wave 2 will arrive at one of the Targets in the area soon. They have been moving Wave 1 pretty well so it's still possible.

Reaction score
Found the WM exclusive black Biker Scout comic pack at Lakeline WM last night. There were lots of them.

They still have their reset pages up on the aisle, so I am assuming this means good things (although the implementation date on the sheet said 3/1/10 [?!?!?!]).

It was too sweet to finally get some new merch...

KBD3

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips Hung_Solow. I've only gone to TRU in the Austin area once and agree that they're useless. Poor selection, rude staff, etc. I'm going to make the rounds at Target and Wal-Mart in Austin this week looking for Wave 2. If not, my wife and I are going to San Antonio this weekend so perhaps I'll have better luck there.